Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,196 members, 7,923,021 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 04:49 PM

Everyone Need To Receive The Holyghost - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Everyone Need To Receive The Holyghost (705 Views)

Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? / Why Are Some Churches(christians) Praying Holyghost Fire On Their Enemies? / Everyone Need To See This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Everyone Need To Receive The Holyghost by Joagbaje(m): 3:28pm On May 21, 2011
Acts 1:4-5
4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me. 5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

An on the day of pentecost , they had this experience.

Acts 2:1-4
1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. 2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. 3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Speaking in tongues is not the holyghost and the holyghost is not speaking in tongues. But the two work hand in hand.

The Samaria experience.
Many believed that the pentecost day experience was just for the birth of the church. But About 8 years after the Pentecost experience , Samaria experienced the holyghost and after salvation.

Many people also believe that after being born again , a christian automatically receive the holyghost. But it is a separate experience.

Acts 8:14-17
14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John: 15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost: 16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.) 17 Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

. The initial manifestation of receiving the holyghost is "Speaking in tongues" it was evident that they spoke in tongues when the holyghost came on them and it got simeon attention.

Acts 8:18-19
18 And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles'hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,

One of the reason for this is that Jesus had predicted the working of the holyghost in the believer by granting ability to pray in other tongues.

Mark 16:17
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Re: Everyone Need To Receive The Holyghost by Sweetnecta: 5:24pm On May 21, 2011
dont forget the rapture, too.
Re: Everyone Need To Receive The Holyghost by Jenwitemi(m): 5:27pm On May 21, 2011
No. I want my rapture. I don't give an eff about some holy ghost. Give me my rapture or i will rupture somebody's jaw! grin
Re: Everyone Need To Receive The Holyghost by GODSON2009(m): 6:06pm On May 21, 2011
@post
totally agree with you,in fact i believe without the holy spirit one cannot enter into the fullness of GOD nor acess the true and full experience of christianity as away of life/religion
Re: Everyone Need To Receive The Holyghost by newmi(m): 8:21pm On May 21, 2011
The Holy Spirit is the power for witnessing Jesus and news of His saving grace
Acts 1:8
8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

The Holy Spirit is the essence of our Christian faith because He raised Jesus from the dead and our faith in Christ Jesus today is founded on the resurrection of Christ Jesus from the dead
The says that Jesus was raised by the glory of the Father and He was declared to be the Son of God with power according to the spirit if Holiness by the ressurection from the deaf
Re: Everyone Need To Receive The Holyghost by Sweetnecta: 3:08am On May 22, 2011
christians need to make up their minds about this 'holy ghost'.

they say the ghost is junior in power to jesus. but it is the same holy ghost that you said raised jesus up, because,

apparently, jesus as a corpse cold not raise himself up.

a weak thing raising a strong thing up. which one is strong thereby disregarding the label

dubiously assigned to each?

reality is that the one who does the raising is stronger, just like the God that commands another G'g'od to run an errant is

the real God and not the errant boy.
Re: Everyone Need To Receive The Holyghost by inedi: 10:31pm On May 22, 2011
Jenwitemi:

No. I want my rapture. I don't give an eff about some holy ghost. Give me my rapture or i will rupture somebody's jaw! grin
Sory, No Holy Spirit, No Rapture
Re: Everyone Need To Receive The Holyghost by Azibalua(f): 11:19pm On May 22, 2011
A very present help in times of need is he
Re: Everyone Need To Receive The Holyghost by newmi(m): 7:22pm On May 30, 2011
John 14:16-17
"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you"

I can never stop thanking God for ever giving me His Spirit
Re: Everyone Need To Receive The Holyghost by newmi(m): 9:10pm On May 30, 2011
The Holy Spirit is the Humility of the GodHead the bible reveals to us that Jesus Christ in whom the totality and fullness of the Godhead bodily dwells humbled Himself even unto the death of the cross
Php 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Luke 22:41-44
"And he was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed,
Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.
And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.
And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground"

Jesus' submission to the will of God is a true definitive example of true humility and could only had been possible because of the HOLY SPIRIT.

Please just a curious note: The angel that came to strengthened Jesus could that angel be the Holy Spirit
Re: Everyone Need To Receive The Holyghost by inedi: 6:43am On May 31, 2011
wonderful experience, when you do, you will know all things
Re: Everyone Need To Receive The Holyghost by BroPee: 8:36am On May 31, 2011
''Everyone Need To Receive The Holy Ghost '' - Absolutely true sir but have a problem with the initial sign. I thought it was to be seen in the fruit and not so much in the sign coz the devil can perfom signs but can't have the fruit of the Spirit. Satan can NEVER love. Initializing the Holy Spirit baptism by a sign can be dangerous. We receive Him by faith. He can give or not give the tongues but that does not mean He is not there. But when He is there, the fruit WILL be there. If Gal 5:22,23 are there, He is there.
I know of pple who speak in tongues and live in adultery, lies, hatred and deceit.

PS I believe in speaking in tongues 100%
Re: Everyone Need To Receive The Holyghost by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:37am On May 31, 2011
no thanx. i dont want ma home to be haunted by ghosts. undecided tongue

(1) (Reply)

3 Creative Principles Of The Human Spirit / This Among Others Is Why We Must Speak Up Against Your Beliefs. / Works Of Darkness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.