Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,551 members, 7,975,164 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 06:20 PM

Ohakim Orders For Free Education; Begins Next Academic Year - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohakim Orders For Free Education; Begins Next Academic Year (818 Views)

The Orders For The Bail Of Dasuki & Kanu Should Be Obeyed - Femi Falana. / Breaking: Akwa Ibom Tribunal Orders For A Rerun / Photos From Adanma Ohakim's Wedding Today In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ohakim Orders For Free Education; Begins Next Academic Year by mundus(m): 8:09pm On May 21, 2011
The outgoing governor of Imo state Chief Ikedi Ohakim has ordered for the implementation of the free education from next academic year. The free education comprises those from Nursery to secondary school. He as well signed into law the new salary minimium wage. What the guy is up to continues the beat the imagination of even the most discerning imolites.Just few days to go. Despite the fact that he stated categorically during his campaign that free education is totally impossible in Imo state. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
Re: Ohakim Orders For Free Education; Begins Next Academic Year by davd: 8:48pm On May 21, 2011
I don't think it is from him; because it is a stupid, foolish and nonsense order. Most of these politician look at those they govern as illiterates, and unfortunately some of them have not seen the four corners of university
Re: Ohakim Orders For Free Education; Begins Next Academic Year by enyojo(f): 9:36pm On May 21, 2011
[size=17pt]'HE WHO THE GODS WOULD KILL, THEY FIRST MAKE MAD!!'[/size]
AFRICAN PROVERB
Re: Ohakim Orders For Free Education; Begins Next Academic Year by gernded(m): 10:02pm On May 21, 2011
If that is true is on bad faith and that may cost him a lot if owele assume office.
Re: Ohakim Orders For Free Education; Begins Next Academic Year by ektbear: 10:15pm On May 21, 2011
These guys love leaving boobytraps for the governors who succeed them lipsrsealed
Re: Ohakim Orders For Free Education; Begins Next Academic Year by ZE: 11:31pm On May 21, 2011
very childish
Re: Ohakim Orders For Free Education; Begins Next Academic Year by mundus(m): 6:30am On May 22, 2011
He said he never wanted to do it as a campaign stuff, rather decided to do it now as a parting gift to the imolites. Imagine such nonsence.
Re: Ohakim Orders For Free Education; Begins Next Academic Year by Nobody: 6:41am On May 22, 2011
Does poster have a source to support this ? Though I know what our outgoing governors are capable of doing,causing multiple problems for their successors.
Re: Ohakim Orders For Free Education; Begins Next Academic Year by slap1(m): 7:03am On May 22, 2011
^^ The story is so true. I wish I had time, I'd have searched for links to it. The Ohakim guy is a major clown.
Re: Ohakim Orders For Free Education; Begins Next Academic Year by hercules07: 7:42am On May 22, 2011
Akala did the same thing in Oyo state and some people here no Nairaland were happy, well it has come to bite them too in their state, if Rochas has a good rapport with his people, he can explain why they have to put some of the new measures on hold (though I am aware he promised free education)
Re: Ohakim Orders For Free Education; Begins Next Academic Year by mundus(m): 7:58am On May 22, 2011
Re: Ohakim Orders For Free Education; Begins Next Academic Year by Nobody: 7:59am On May 22, 2011
hercules07:

Akala did the same thing in Oyo state and some people here no Nairaland were happy, well it has come to bite them too in their state, if Rochas has a good rapport with his people, he can explain why they have to put some of the new measures on hold (though I am aware he promised free education)

Only an iddiot will support such hypocrisy.If a governor can't implement a policy during his reign,why do it when leaving when such is going to affect the incoming governor amid mountain of debts incurred by same governor ? Btw,Akala has little or no fans on NL ?
Re: Ohakim Orders For Free Education; Begins Next Academic Year by houvest: 8:12am On May 22, 2011
Ho ho ho. Parting gift and large heart indeed more like the greek gift to troy. He dey vex bc of the accounts wey dey don freeze.
Re: Ohakim Orders For Free Education; Begins Next Academic Year by houvest: 8:22am On May 22, 2011
Perhaps he is trying to preempt-ly claim the glory of what Rochas will do.
Re: Ohakim Orders For Free Education; Begins Next Academic Year by Nobody: 9:09am On May 22, 2011
I am waiting patiently for the Downfall of mr ohakim and I hope he falls with such a loud THUD!!!! That his cronies would hear and dread their turn.
Re: Ohakim Orders For Free Education; Begins Next Academic Year by jamace(m): 10:27am On May 22, 2011
I don't think it is from him; because it is a silly, foolish and nonsense order. Most of these politician look at those they govern as illiterates, and unfortunately some of them have not seen the four corners of university 

Same opinion on the highlighted.

Ohakim will be trespassing into Rochas regime if statement is true.
Re: Ohakim Orders For Free Education; Begins Next Academic Year by chichriso: 10:19pm On May 23, 2011
Since Rochas promised heaven and earth during his campaign let him go ahead and impliment it lets see because he knew the amount of money imo state have in their account.

(1) (Reply)

Speakership Showdown: Governors Meet Reps, Insist On Mulikat / Reuben Abati-new Presidential Amebo? / Boko Haram: Nigeria On A Descent To Anarchy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.