Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,788 members, 7,875,962 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:28 AM

Nigerians Part Of Cause Of Inflation:see Why - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Part Of Cause Of Inflation:see Why (336 Views)

Yoruba Elders Lament High Rate Of Inflation, Insecurity / Nigeria At 60: Here’s A List Of 60 Iconic Nigerians (part 3) / Nigeria At 60: Here’s A List Of 60 Iconic Nigerians (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Part Of Cause Of Inflation:see Why by NNEWIsuper: 8:01pm On Aug 31, 2021
Most Nigerian traders and service providers charge unregulated profit margins thinking the next person they will go to purchase from won't also increase their price. The cycle continues to go round. Also, there is deliberate hoarding of dollars by marketers just to create scarcity and rip off, lol. I know this because I'm into forex, wake up Nigerians most of the economic woes are artificial in the first place.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Part Of Cause Of Inflation:see Why by Arda1000(m): 8:15pm On Aug 31, 2021
Will u keep quiet
Re: Nigerians Part Of Cause Of Inflation:see Why by Goldbw122(m): 8:30pm On Aug 31, 2021
Sure they will increase the price and blame the government.
Re: Nigerians Part Of Cause Of Inflation:see Why by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 31, 2021
Lets add the deliberate increase of the cost of locally grown farm produce all because dollar increased...
Re: Nigerians Part Of Cause Of Inflation:see Why by Difrent: 5:35am On Sep 01, 2021
So sad....prices of foods wont have gone up this much if only Business men are not greedy and taking abnormal profit...at the detriment of fellow citizens

We are just too wicked to ourselves

They invade farmlands and buy up farm produce at peanuts to come and resell in cities at huge profits....they made food to be now expensive even in the state called food basket of the nation

But its all well.....this is a capitalist society
Re: Nigerians Part Of Cause Of Inflation:see Why by NNEWIsuper: 8:45am On Sep 01, 2021
Difrent:
So sad....prices of foods wont have gone up this much if only Business men are not greedy and taking abnormal profit...at the detriment of fellow citizens

We are just too wicked to ourselves

They invade farmlands and buy up farm produce at peanuts to come and resell in cities at huge profits....they made food to be now expensive even in the state called food basket of the nation

But its all well.....this is a capitalist society

You now understand how it is like
Re: Nigerians Part Of Cause Of Inflation:see Why by NNEWIsuper: 8:45am On Sep 01, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Lets add the deliberate increase of the cost of locally grown farm produce all because dollar increased...
Yes, you're right here
Re: Nigerians Part Of Cause Of Inflation:see Why by FarahAideed: 8:52am On Sep 01, 2021
NIGERIas hydra headed inflation is 30 percent Govt , 30 percent Middlemen and 30 percent retaliatory

Govt Driven inflation : This is caused by poorly thought govt policies or action e.g I just read of. Local govt chairman in Delta state that just woke up to start charging POS agents 5000 naira levy .

Middle man driven inflation : In Nigeria most people that call themselves business men or women or nothing but cut throat middle men that hijack or forcefully plant themselves in supply line of a product and force a needless unfair increase in price just so they make an undeserved profit ...let's take for example I put a Corolla car up for sale at a dealership , I will tell the dealer I want 2m and the Dealer now marks it up to 2.5 million to make profit which is ok , as the car is at the dealer one dude that comes to while away time at the dealers shop will take a picture of the Corolla and place it on social media for 3m and next thing before you know it other people just start charging 3m for that model of corrola and the price never comes down from there again .

Retaliatory inflation : this kind of silly inflation happens as a result of retaliation . A yam seller goes out to buy pure water and finds out the price of pure water has increase , he immediately returns to his yam shop and effects a retaliatory price hike to recover the extra money he spent on pure water and that's how the vicious cycle continues
Re: Nigerians Part Of Cause Of Inflation:see Why by Sirjamo: 9:25am On Sep 01, 2021
Even Land value has doubled since last year, I don't know why Land will be reacting to Dollar
Re: Nigerians Part Of Cause Of Inflation:see Why by WATCHOVER(m): 9:57am On Sep 01, 2021
I still blame the government for not been sincere enough in the fight, they discouraged business by encouraging political touts in the guise of Revenue collectors who increase tax at will.

(1) (Reply)

Timi Frank Condemns Coup D’etat In Guinea / What Was The Real Cause Of General Sani Abacha's Death? / "President Buhari Knows That You Are Telling Lies"- Wike Blast Umahi (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.