Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,855 members, 7,922,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 05:34 PM

Enugu-ihube Portion Of Enugu- Port Harcourt Express Road A Disaster Of Our Time - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu-ihube Portion Of Enugu- Port Harcourt Express Road A Disaster Of Our Time (637 Views)

Bandits Block Enugu-Port Harcourt Highway, Burn Army Van, Kidnap Passengers / Suspected Herdsme Kidnap Passengers Along Enugu-Port Harcourt Expressway (Video) / Enugu—Port Harcourt Expressway Being Constructed With The Sukuk Bond (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu-ihube Portion Of Enugu- Port Harcourt Express Road A Disaster Of Our Time by Otimkpu042: 9:06am On Sep 01, 2021
Enugu-Ihube portion of Enugu- Port Harcourt Express Road A disaster of our time

I travelled to Okigwe through Enugu Port Harcourt express road amidst the blockages or barricades by the Army and police officers who are having a field day doing what they know best.

Moving from Enugu to Okigwe was fairly better compared to what we used to see about 3 yrs back barring the barricades.
I will actually have to give kudos to the minister of Works Raji Fashola S.A.N. knowing what we had on that road before now.
Passing through the Lokpoanta Gariki end of the road , l felt a little elated by what l saw ,I tried to imagine why we had to suffer to this extent before the help finally came.
Moving further up was a solid expanse of road devoid of any pothole due to technical or physical defect. Kudos to Setraco handling that portion of the road. Indeed the replicated their Technical ability which has been their Hallmark.

I practically reached Okigwe junction with the temptation to move further to Umuahia to continue enjoying a good quality road but for exigencies of time l had to via off into Okigwe town as l headed to the Okigwe General Hospital where l saw a typical Nigerian hospital[ a story for another day.

Coming back to Enugu from Okigwe was a delight as l used my cruise control [which l have not used in a nearest past except for occasional trial to ensure functionality.]

The Ihube -Enugu end of the road still under construction is an exert opposite of what l saw from Okigwe end; l met a road that is been constructed to fail. A road that is already failing in all aspects even before completion.

As you move , you will think you are playing on a road that is been maintained by Federal Road Maintenance Agency [FERMA]; as you will see failed attempts to salvage the very poor construction job by the company called CCC.
This is a road under construction and the constructed end is failing already. l think Nigeria Society of Engineers should pay a visit to this road, I hope the honorable minister Raji Fashola will take a look on this project

I hope who ever is bidding for the concession of this segment of the road is taking note of the dangers inherent in getting this portion of the road concessioned to him/her, as it will come at a big loss as people will surely look for alternative route.

I believe our dear Gburus and our senators have passed through this road and noted this colossal impending havoc as the big potholes seen on this portion of the road are a menace and tragedy .
It is an insult to our collective sensibility that a company that is seeing what their counterpart is doing perfectly right has decided to do the direct opposite of that.

The summary is that the road had already failed and efforts should be geared towards stopping further damage.

This contract should be nullified /cancelled or the government sits down with the contractor to insist on good quality job.
A stitch in time they say saves nine.

Our governor as a matter of fact should pay a visit on the road to ascertain things for himself.

Thank you and God save this Nation

Ike Chudi writes from Enugu
Re: Enugu-ihube Portion Of Enugu- Port Harcourt Express Road A Disaster Of Our Time by money121(m): 9:07am On Sep 01, 2021
Ok
Re: Enugu-ihube Portion Of Enugu- Port Harcourt Express Road A Disaster Of Our Time by triple996(m): 9:17am On Sep 01, 2021
Anything related to the east is always a disaster.

(1) (Reply)

Residents of Onitsha screaming and cheering Soludo when he visited(video) / Policeman Shot Dead As Soldiers Neutralise 3 Unknown Gunmen In Anambra / Take A Look At Osinbajo's Education And Professional Profile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.