Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,205 members, 7,880,758 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:04 AM

The New Adamasingba Stadium In Ibadan (Photo) - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The New Adamasingba Stadium In Ibadan (Photo) (63181 Views)

Patoranking Builds Mini Football Stadium In Lagos / Alex Iwobi's Sister & Parents At The Stadium In Russia As Nigeria Beats Iceland / World Cup; Faces Of Disappointed Nigerians At The Kaliningrad Stadium In Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Adamasingba Stadium In Ibadan (Photo) by hotseat: 9:52pm On Sep 01, 2021
This drone photo is eye-catching, no doubt that.

Alas, it's but a mere veneer!

The pitch is appalling!

Waterlogged and poorly grassed!

The state government can do better!
Re: The New Adamasingba Stadium In Ibadan (Photo) by houseontherock: 9:52pm On Sep 01, 2021
airsaylongcome:

The brown things in the background lol.

Every city has it's 'core', every city has a history, an identity that civilization can't erase.

1 Like

Re: The New Adamasingba Stadium In Ibadan (Photo) by VanuatuWycombe: 9:53pm On Sep 01, 2021
This is a renovated ‘college’ play ground. Not a new edifice.
Re: The New Adamasingba Stadium In Ibadan (Photo) by Limassol(m): 9:54pm On Sep 01, 2021
Virus99:

Getaot of my mention mumu²
You a f**king bastard! If you need pure savagery, i will give it to you raw. Nonsense!
Re: The New Adamasingba Stadium In Ibadan (Photo) by Virus99: 9:58pm On Sep 01, 2021
Limassol:
You a f**king bastard! If you need pure savagery, i will give it to you raw. Nonsense!
Asinwin...the thing pain am cheesy
I suggest you copy the guy in this picture

Re: The New Adamasingba Stadium In Ibadan (Photo) by Adeolajude(m): 9:59pm On Sep 01, 2021
It's well o..well well..a
Na to det swim be that
Re: The New Adamasingba Stadium In Ibadan (Photo) by Myhusband(m): 10:03pm On Sep 01, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
Something is telling me to say other things my eyes saw, but God no go gree lai lai

Thumb up for Oyo state government

say it as if orlu and other places in IMO doesn't have brown roof o, you Igbo just like badmouthing people whereas you're not any better

come and say your mind and tell us how your region is Florida and Chicago. bunch of clowns
Re: The New Adamasingba Stadium In Ibadan (Photo) by Eriokanmi: 10:06pm On Sep 01, 2021
Obdk:
so that slum is your heritage.. People living in abject poverty should not be a heritage.. Ibadan brown roofs should be demolished..
Slum indeed. Do you understand the meaning of slum? Is ibadan like lagos Island? You can as well advise the ibadan municipal administration to demolish the brown roofed buildings naw. Who knows, they might listen to you.
Re: The New Adamasingba Stadium In Ibadan (Photo) by Shootlion: 10:07pm On Sep 01, 2021
[quote author=BeeBeeOoh post=105395111]Something is telling me to say other things my eyes saw, but God no go gree lai lai

What are those things you saw? Say your mind, it shouldn't be that we are seeing the same thing.
Re: The New Adamasingba Stadium In Ibadan (Photo) by kayusely70(m): 10:15pm On Sep 01, 2021
gasparpisciotta:
Nice one.

I hope the governor will bring back the glory days of IICC now Shooting stars aka ‘sooting’.

You've spoken very well! Shooting Stars should be promoted this season. We should also express gratitude to the management of Gbenga Dina stadium, Ijebuode for hosting 3Sc during the renovation period.
Re: The New Adamasingba Stadium In Ibadan (Photo) by Eriokanmi: 10:20pm On Sep 01, 2021
KillingIsFun:
You only succeeded in proving my point. These are far better and more aesthetically pleasing than the wretchedness and lack of sophistication that is the hallmark of primitive African "architecture." Some of these aren't even houses, they're cottages and they're hundreds of years old, but still look better than the best modern Africa has to offer. What a shame.

That's their heritage. Ours mustn't be like theirs. We love it like that. The majority of those brown roofs were once occupied by the families of the rich and famous in ibadan today, those who had relocated to other parts of ibadan to erect castle instead of pulling them down and erect new ones in same area . it's a heritage reserved for generations to come. Most of them are 300-400 years old, still standing. Most of our nollywood go there to act movies to reflect their movie characters and make it look like they were living in the past. Did you know just like you are disapproving the structures, many Britons had protested against such old architecture but didn't prevail? They wanted them to be pulled down but they lost in court. The royals want to keep them for as long as world exists. Many of their roads which i had driven on severally while in the UK are as narrow as anything. There are places trucks can't pass. Instead of pulling down those ancient houses and widening the roads, they keep them.

I didn't prove any of your points rather, I am against them. Heritage is heritage, mud houses, roofed houses , brown or red roof, it doesn't matter. Even the west are envious of them here as they always want to sake pictures in those houses. Not because they are beautiful but because they don't exist in their countries. If our heritage wasn't that important or being envied, Germans, UK etc wouldn't have stolen the Benin bronze heads centuries ago, which they now want to return after they had made billions of dollars by displaying them in their museums for people to see with their money. Try to cherish your own

2 Likes

Re: The New Adamasingba Stadium In Ibadan (Photo) by Realboygenius(m): 10:22pm On Sep 01, 2021
That's a beautiful stadium. Meanwhile don't forget to pay your power bill and also manage your account with the improved Ikeja Electric App. See signature to download

Re: The New Adamasingba Stadium In Ibadan (Photo) by nextstep(m): 10:28pm On Sep 01, 2021
This is the stadium Olubadan was refused entry to?
Re: The New Adamasingba Stadium In Ibadan (Photo) by Escobar98(m): 10:29pm On Sep 01, 2021
Smif:
Is it lekan salami or adamasingba stadium?

It’s Lekan Salami Stadium but because it’s situated at Adamasingba, Ibadan, hence the alias.

1 Like

Re: The New Adamasingba Stadium In Ibadan (Photo) by paduzman: 10:40pm On Sep 01, 2021
Really beautiful, I just hope it is maintained very well and the standard is kept. Meanwhile, the IE mobile app has been updated and it offer better services and ever, at least with it paying your bills just got easier

Re: The New Adamasingba Stadium In Ibadan (Photo) by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 01, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
Something is telling me to say other things my eyes saw, but God no go gree lai lai

You Sha see coacoa house. Let the red roof rot in your stomach.
Re: The New Adamasingba Stadium In Ibadan (Photo) by bravehost4u(m): 10:49pm On Sep 01, 2021
Brown roof HQ
Re: The New Adamasingba Stadium In Ibadan (Photo) by Chydo001(m): 10:53pm On Sep 01, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:

grin grin
Brown rooftops

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New Adamasingba Stadium In Ibadan (Photo) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:58pm On Sep 01, 2021
Narldon:

Will anyone beat you if you say 'Brown Roof Republic'?

I never chop abeg sad
Re: The New Adamasingba Stadium In Ibadan (Photo) by imolile: 11:00pm On Sep 01, 2021
Stadium should never be built in non spacious arena, should have vacant massive space at the exterior, A car park and open exterior, Preferably not surrounded by archaic old structures, even when 3D image makes the inside look seemingly beautiful, the reality on ground does not confirm the picture and those of us who live there knows how deplorable the stadium look apart from this 3d image. Lets stop lying to ourselves with mere picture. What exactly is the meaning of "Adamasingba" in Yoruba state?
Re: The New Adamasingba Stadium In Ibadan (Photo) by Omolomo4eva(m): 11:06pm On Sep 01, 2021
hatakekakashi:
Mediocre. They can do better.
What if they don't do it at all? Bros,appreciate d one that has been done. Half bread is better than burns
Re: The New Adamasingba Stadium In Ibadan (Photo) by musicology: 11:08pm On Sep 01, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:

E no go pass "brown roof" . then what!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New Adamasingba Stadium In Ibadan (Photo) by laurel03(m): 11:21pm On Sep 01, 2021
Limassol:
Exactly my point, very mediocre. How Much did it cost sef?
5 billion.. If I tell people the renovation na scam dey will attack u in ibadan. They just use alco board round the stadium.
Re: The New Adamasingba Stadium In Ibadan (Photo) by laurel03(m): 11:25pm On Sep 01, 2021
Escobar98:

It’s Lekan Salami Stadium but because it’s situated at Adamasingba, Ibadan, hence the alias.
initially it was called Adamasingba stadium before they changed the name to Lekan salami stadium. So some still call it race course self because race course was on that place before stadium was built on the land

1 Like

Re: The New Adamasingba Stadium In Ibadan (Photo) by humilitypays(m): 11:25pm On Sep 01, 2021
Oyo state government should have mapped out $1 million to change the dirty brown roofs around the stadium before snapping this picture cos they ruined the stadium cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New Adamasingba Stadium In Ibadan (Photo) by EmekaA125(m): 11:36pm On Sep 01, 2021
Timon4real:
A nice stadium surrounded by brown roofs ...

Re: The New Adamasingba Stadium In Ibadan (Photo) by EmekaA125(m): 11:38pm On Sep 01, 2021
Sonnobax15:
undecided Actually I know you wanted to say you saw brown roofs everywhere but you couldn't lipsrsealed
Brown roofians grin grin grin
Re: The New Adamasingba Stadium In Ibadan (Photo) by EmekaA125(m): 11:38pm On Sep 01, 2021
humilitypays:
Oyo state government should have mapped out $1 million to change the dirty brown roofs around the stadium before snapping this picture cos they ruined the stadium cry
That's individual responsibility not that of government.
Re: The New Adamasingba Stadium In Ibadan (Photo) by streetsoldier1(m): 11:44pm On Sep 01, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:

brown roofs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New Adamasingba Stadium In Ibadan (Photo) by boolet: 12:09am On Sep 02, 2021
brosom:
No be to get girlfriend wey get big nyash/breast be the problem,

Na whether u go fit maintain am?

Most of the completed project in Nigeria are lavishing because of lack of maintenance.
Malapropism... Did you mean to write 'languishing'?
Re: The New Adamasingba Stadium In Ibadan (Photo) by ikorodureporta: 12:16am On Sep 02, 2021
Pishure wey I don share since... Mod cover eyez...
Re: The New Adamasingba Stadium In Ibadan (Photo) by Bifwoli: 1:03am On Sep 02, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:

Why do i see a whole lot of brown roofs ?

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Georgina Rodriguez Twerks For Boyfriend Cristiano Ronaldo (Photos, Video) / Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee / Danniie Okocha: Jay Jay Okocha Gushes Over His Beautiful Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.