Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,539 members, 7,888,729 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 01:54 PM

How Akume Sold Benue People – Ortom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Akume Sold Benue People – Ortom (1186 Views)

Igbos Are Not Like Those Killing My People – Ortom / Wammako, Akpabio, Akume, Others Leave For China With President Buhari [photos] / Defection Aftermath: Stop Deceiving Benue People - APC Strikes Ortom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Akume Sold Benue People – Ortom by tonyluyi1985: 6:09am On Sep 02, 2021
The Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom, on Wednesday, September 1 accused the Minister of Special Duties and Intergovernmental Affairs, Senator George Akume, of being a traitor.
He also threatened to sue the minister for defamation of character and libel.
Ortom issued the threat while addressing journalists at Government House, Makurdi.
He was responding to allegations of malfeasance levelled against him by the minister at a press conference in Abuja on Monday.
The governor described Akume’s allegations as “unfortunate and amounts to a betrayal, back-stabbing, double-crossing, selling out of Benue people, treachery, greed, unfaithfulness and falsehood.”
The governor dismissed the minister’s allegations as lies.
Ortom said: “The Minister for Special Duties and Intergovernmental Affairs, Senator George Akume levelled several allegations of killings and several others against me. I do not want to join issues with him. But I have the mandatory right to put the records straight.
“I want to say that all that Akume said were just mere lies just for him to secure his meal ticket from his paymasters but I will not be deterred.
“I remain committed to the people that gave me their mandate to lead them. My first commitment is to the people, all politics is local. My locality is Benue State and not Abuja.
“To send the message to the entire world, I decided to do something so that Akume will justify or prove all those allegations that he put out to defame me and give me a bad name. He will prove all his allegations before a law court for the world to know who is telling the truth.”
Akume had at a press conference in Abuja, on Monday, accused the governor of “corruption, ineptitude and disrespect to the president.” He also called for a declaration of a state of emergency in the state.
The minister also alleged that over N500bn accrued to the state from federal allocation since Ortom took office.
Meanwhile, the state chapter of the PDP, said contrary to claims by its All Progressives Congress counterpart, Ortom had a lot of respect for the President Muhammadu Buhari
State chairman of the party, John Ngbede, said this at a press conference at the party secretariat, in Makurdi.
He said: “Governor Samuel Ortom has tremendous respect but this respect cannot exempt the President from discharging his constitutional responsibilities or the governor from respectfully calling on him to live up to the duties of his office.”
It will be recalled that Ortom some months ago nearly escaped assassination when he was attacked in his farm by some alleged Fulani herdsmen. He physically had to run for his dear life. He has been in the news recently when he granted an explosive interview to Channels TV criticizing the government on the insecurity issue in the country especially in the north.
Source: https://theventrepublic.com/2021/09/02/how-akume-sold-benue-people-ortom/

1 Like

Re: How Akume Sold Benue People – Ortom by tony0806: 6:23am On Sep 02, 2021
Okay o
Re: How Akume Sold Benue People – Ortom by Tomahawk99(m): 6:23am On Sep 02, 2021
Akume is a big disgrace. These politicians will do anything to please their fulani overlords in the villa including selling out your people.
Lalong, Akume, Osinbajo, Tinubu, Umahi, that one in Abia state, Ayede etc...these so called leaders will never openly condemn the killings by fulani herdsmen in their places.
Anything to please the dictator.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Akume Sold Benue People – Ortom by Nwodosis(m): 6:24am On Sep 02, 2021
Divide and rule format has entered the middle belt too?

1 Like

Re: How Akume Sold Benue People – Ortom by Aufbauh(m): 6:31am On Sep 02, 2021
Why are we not seeing or reporting the said Akume's press conference? Seems it's not palatable to our narrative

2 Likes

Re: How Akume Sold Benue People – Ortom by Olarewajutv: 6:39am On Sep 02, 2021
Okay..
Next please
Re: How Akume Sold Benue People – Ortom by Lattop(m): 6:40am On Sep 02, 2021
Two thieves forming for each other only on media grin
Re: How Akume Sold Benue People – Ortom by benuejosh: 7:21am On Sep 02, 2021
tonyluyi1985:

The Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom, on Wednesday, September 1 accused the Minister of Special Duties and Intergovernmental Affairs, Senator George Akume, of being a traitor.
He also threatened to sue the minister for defamation of character and libel.
Ortom issued the threat while addressing journalists at Government House, Makurdi.
He was responding to allegations of malfeasance levelled against him by the minister at a press conference in Abuja on Monday.
The governor described Akume’s allegations as “unfortunate and amounts to a betrayal, back-stabbing, double-crossing, selling out of Benue people, treachery, greed, unfaithfulness and falsehood.”
The governor dismissed the minister’s allegations as lies.
Ortom said: “The Minister for Special Duties and Intergovernmental Affairs, Senator George Akume levelled several allegations of killings and several others against me. I do not want to join issues with him. But I have the mandatory right to put the records straight.
“I want to say that all that Akume said were just mere lies just for him to secure his meal ticket from his paymasters but I will not be deterred.
“I remain committed to the people that gave me their mandate to lead them. My first commitment is to the people, all politics is local. My locality is Benue State and not Abuja.
“To send the message to the entire world, I decided to do something so that Akume will justify or prove all those allegations that he put out to defame me and give me a bad name. He will prove all his allegations before a law court for the world to know who is telling the truth.”
Akume had at a press conference in Abuja, on Monday, accused the governor of “corruption, ineptitude and disrespect to the president.” He also called for a declaration of a state of emergency in the state.
The minister also alleged that over N500bn accrued to the state from federal allocation since Ortom took office.
Meanwhile, the state chapter of the PDP, said contrary to claims by its All Progressives Congress counterpart, Ortom had a lot of respect for the President Muhammadu Buhari
State chairman of the party, John Ngbede, said this at a press conference at the party secretariat, in Makurdi.
He said: “Governor Samuel Ortom has tremendous respect but this respect cannot exempt the President from discharging his constitutional responsibilities or the governor from respectfully calling on him to live up to the duties of his office.”
It will be recalled that Ortom some months ago nearly escaped assassination when he was attacked in his farm by some alleged Fulani herdsmen. He physically had to run for his dear life. He has been in the news recently when he granted an explosive interview to Channels TV criticizing the government on the insecurity issue in the country especially in the north.
Source: https://theventrepublic.com/2021/09/02/how-akume-sold-benue-people-ortom/
will this man just focus on his massive failure already and improve? Six years already and not a tangible project has been commissioned in the state. The most notable is Wheelbarrow and Borehole. Haba! It either Ortom is fighting Akume or he is talking about APC or he is blaming herdsmen. Workers are not paid on time, pensions of civil servants are still owed, yet, this man wants to be like Fayose. Even Fayose during his tenure did some work. I stayed in Ekiti for a year and I can attest to it that Oshokomole 1 did some notable projects. If a road is being constructed in Makurdi then check very well because it is very certain that Ortom has bought a large portion of land around there and want to make the place accessible for him.

Ortom is a complete failure. Ask anyone who has stayed in Benue to say the fact about this man. Let he or she keep sentiments, emotions and attachments aside and tell you the truth. This man is a complete failure!!!

He complains about security issues, Zulum is facing the worst yet he is working, Wike is facing issues and yet he is working, Umahi is facing same ISSUES of insecurity coupled with very low IGR yet he is working as though he is printing money in the State. The majority of Umahi's works in the state was when he was with PDP with him and even now as as it stands that man is still proving points. Are the South West Governors not facing security issues? Are they not performing? So why is Ortom always crying foul when there's none? I pity PDP in the state come 2023.

He should save his face, live Akume and APC and redeem his spoilt name from the people.

2 Likes

Re: How Akume Sold Benue People – Ortom by benuejosh: 7:27am On Sep 02, 2021
Tomahawk99:
Akume is a big disgrace. These politicians will do anything to please their fulani overlords in the villa including selling out your people.
Lalong, Akume, Osinbajo, Tinubu, Umahi, that one in Abia state, Ayede etc...these so called leaders will never openly condemn the killings by fulani herdsmen in their places.
Anything to please the dictator.
Oga keep quiet and stop supporting foolishness. Let Ortom point to two projects he has publicly commissioned in the state. We keep seeing those from other states here on Nairaland. I ask you, how many from Benue have you seen? If he has the energy to crying Fulani herdsmen and people can hear, let him be showing off his completed projects too. So you don't just sit here on nairaland and start saying rubbish. For facts, I stay and work here in Benue. Stop supporting stupidity.

2 Likes

Re: How Akume Sold Benue People – Ortom by Militant30: 7:27am On Sep 02, 2021
E
Re: How Akume Sold Benue People – Ortom by yemmight(m): 7:45am On Sep 02, 2021
Ortom too is just shouting. What has he been delivering for his people in Benue? No tangible project on ground.
Re: How Akume Sold Benue People – Ortom by kehinde1588(m): 7:48am On Sep 02, 2021
Ortom is a failure who wants to use Buhari has cover up.
Re: How Akume Sold Benue People – Ortom by Norwichsailor(m): 7:57am On Sep 02, 2021
All those of you accusing him of shouting
Atleast you're not dying in yiur thousands everyday like before, so if his shouting is keeping you safe better allow him shout.
Na person wey de alive de collect salary and complain about governance. If you're all dead it won't matter.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Akume Sold Benue People – Ortom by Jostoman: 8:26am On Sep 02, 2021
benuejosh:
will this man just focus on his massive failure already and improve? Six years already and not a tangible project has been commissioned in the state. The most notable is Wheelbarrow and Borehole. Haba! It either Ortom is fighting Akume or he is talking about APC or he is blaming herdsmen. Workers are not paid on time, pensions of civil servants are still owed, yet, this man wants to be like Fayose. Even Fayose during his tenure did some work. I stayed in Ekiti for a year and I can attest to it that Oshokomole 1 did some notable projects. If a road is being constructed in Makurdi then check very well because it is very certain that Ortom has bought a large portion of land around there and want to make the place accessible for him.

Ortom is a complete failure. Ask anyone who has stayed in Benue to say the fact about this man. Let he or she keep sentiments, emotions and attachments aside and tell you the truth. This man is a complete failure!!!

He complains about security issues, Zulum is facing the worst yet he is working, Wike is facing issues and yet he is working, Umahi is facing same ISSUES of insecurity coupled with very low IGR yet he is working as though he is printing money in the State. The majority of Umahi's works in the state was when he was with PDP with him and even now as as it stands that man is still proving points. Are the South West Governors not facing security issues? Are they not performing? So why is Ortom always crying foul when there's none? I pity PDP in the state come 2023.

He should save his face, live Akume and APC and redeem his spoilt name from the people.
if Ortom have not been shouting maybe herdsmen or bandit would have visited you in your place now so let him shout because na person wey dey alive dey think of salary and project.
Re: How Akume Sold Benue People – Ortom by benuejosh: 8:28am On Sep 02, 2021
Jostoman:
if Ortom have not been shouting maybe herdsmen or bandit would have visited you in your place now so let him shout because na person wey dey alive dey think of salary and project.
Oga, forget that thing.
Re: How Akume Sold Benue People – Ortom by Solsix(m): 9:31am On Sep 02, 2021
This man should just work and let his achievement speak for him. Enough of these emotional scam
Re: How Akume Sold Benue People – Ortom by Tomahawk99(m): 9:44am On Sep 02, 2021
benuejosh:
Oga keep quiet and stop supporting foolishness. Let Ortom point to two projects he has publicly commissioned in the state. We keep seeing those from other states here on Nairaland. I ask you, how many from Benue have you seen? If he has the energy to crying Fulani herdsmen and people can hear, let him be showing off his completed projects too. So you don't just sit here on nairaland and start saying rubbish. For facts, I stay and work here in Benue. Stop supporting stupidity.
You're a brainless idiot. How many projects gave Yahaya Bello commisioned that he is now an aspirant for president under APC?
How many projects have Buni of yobe commisioned that he is APC acting chairman?
You are a big fool, you supported David Mark , name how many things he did as Senate president? Idoma people have a small brain so am not surprised, all you idoma bigots do is lay blames, was it not David Mark you kin who supported Ortom to get the PDP ticket along with Saraki? May thunder fire in otukpo there you stupid bigot, dem suppose allow fulani kill una finish you idiot.
Re: How Akume Sold Benue People – Ortom by OBALOLA55(m): 12:06pm On Sep 02, 2021
Tomahawk99:

You're a brainless idiot. How many projects gave Yahaya Bello commisioned that he is now an aspirant for president under APC?
You are a big fool, you supported David Mark , name how many things he did as Senate president? Idoma people have a small brain so am not surprised, all you idoma bigots do is lay blames, was it not David Mark you kin who supported Ortom to get the PDP ticket along with Saraki? May thunder fire in otukpo there you stupid bigot, dem suppose allow fulani kill una finish you idiot.
FOR YOUR MIND NOW BENUEJOSH IS A BENUE MAN grin

YOU REALLY DON’T KNOW FULANI VERY WELL
Re: How Akume Sold Benue People – Ortom by benuejosh: 7:28am On Sep 03, 2021
Tomahawk99:

It seems you stupidly have a problem with comprehension. Go back and read that and don't quote me again you Fool.
Re: How Akume Sold Benue People – Ortom by Tomahawk99(m): 8:13am On Sep 03, 2021
benuejosh:
It seems you stupidly have a problem with comprehension. Go back and read that and don't quote me again you Fool.
You're a bigger fool. Die!
Re: How Akume Sold Benue People – Ortom by JAMO84: 9:19am On Sep 03, 2021
Lol, Ortom cannot take 5% of things he says about the President on daily basis

(1) (Reply)

Tried And True Buhari-osinbajo Partnership: Some Lessons To Learn And Benefits / 2023: Igbo Seriousness Has Unsettled Tinubu Camp On Nairaland / Putin’s Strategic Failure And ‘miscalculations’ Play Out On The World Stage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.