Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,299 members, 7,887,889 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:50 PM

Dr Amechi Obiora Is Dead! The 'O' In EKO Hospital Dies - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dr Amechi Obiora Is Dead! The 'O' In EKO Hospital Dies (67338 Views)

Pharmacist Placed On Oxygen Support In Hospital Dies Due To Prolong Power Outage / Dr Obiora, The ‘O’ In EKO Hospital, Dies / Eko Hospital Re-positioned For Improved Healthcare Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr Amechi Obiora Is Dead! The 'O' In EKO Hospital Dies by Ykc2(m): 6:09pm On Sep 02, 2021
needanswer:
And I always thought the "EKO" was because it was based in lagos (EKO).
eneli is from obosi anambra state obiora too, while kuku is a yoruba man from ogun state

3 Likes

Re: Dr Amechi Obiora Is Dead! The 'O' In EKO Hospital Dies by Maski87: 6:17pm On Sep 02, 2021
RIP to Dr obiora,you are a legend
Re: Dr Amechi Obiora Is Dead! The 'O' In EKO Hospital Dies by motta(m): 6:34pm On Sep 02, 2021
Jaweego:
Why are the legends dying
Na you wan die?
Re: Dr Amechi Obiora Is Dead! The 'O' In EKO Hospital Dies by manunitedbabes: 6:42pm On Sep 02, 2021
Rest in peace Sir
Re: Dr Amechi Obiora Is Dead! The 'O' In EKO Hospital Dies by 1F30M4(f): 6:56pm On Sep 02, 2021
Farewell, Chief.
Re: Dr Amechi Obiora Is Dead! The 'O' In EKO Hospital Dies by Myself2(m): 6:58pm On Sep 02, 2021
GboyegaD:
May his soul rest in peace.

I learned the hospital is not as efficient as it is of old. Those managing it should please think of the dreams of the founding fathers above money making.

Money making was also part of the dream of the founding fathers as they were not a charity organization

1 Like

Re: Dr Amechi Obiora Is Dead! The 'O' In EKO Hospital Dies by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 02, 2021
miketayo:

They almost killed me 2006, doing trial and error with my body

Eko Hospital has been crap for years now . . . used to go there - bad experience. A Friend's wife was almost taken out there too.

2 Likes

Re: Dr Amechi Obiora Is Dead! The 'O' In EKO Hospital Dies by Buffalo2(m): 7:02pm On Sep 02, 2021
needanswer:
me too
Re: Dr Amechi Obiora Is Dead! The 'O' In EKO Hospital Dies by Odidigboigbo(m): 7:21pm On Sep 02, 2021
cenaman:
May their soul rest in peace.
how many are they?
Re: Dr Amechi Obiora Is Dead! The 'O' In EKO Hospital Dies by Uncleodi(m): 7:28pm On Sep 02, 2021
Chai...exit of a great man
Re: Dr Amechi Obiora Is Dead! The 'O' In EKO Hospital Dies by Odidigboigbo(m): 7:31pm On Sep 02, 2021
oliverwrites:
Not all patients. Some of us want to be considerate but many of your colleagues ( assuming you are a doctor ) are tw*ts.

My ex was killed in luth cos they forgot to use a lube which they made me buy with my last Kobo and the tw*ts were right in front of me and my ex's mother arguing "I told you to use it, no you didn't tell me".

That went, she died. I moved on. I relocated to my current state, I was wrongly diagnosed by the supposedly one of the best and largest hospitals in Nigeria. Thank GOD for stubbornness they would have killed me with antihypertensive. I used the med for one month and chose I was not going to use it again.

Bought a bp machine and checked everyday ( thrice daily ) and recorded not a single high BP for 6 months which didn't add up to me.

Their head in the same hospital who probably would have checked my results and assumed I was hypertensive and ordered for me to be put on antihypertensive told me I wasn't hypertensive in his private hospital this time.

I suspected foul play when they confirmed whoever wrote the prescription among them made a mistake and I was using overdose for one week of the one month I used it for. Imagine.

Another one gave my daughter eye drop instead of eye drop and had the audacity of telling me "but I am also human" GOD saved him my wife was around and knew my next action I would have legitly taken all the annoyance of the other doctors before him on him.

Let's be honest, many doctors in Nigeria don't care about life.
LUTH is the worst. It was the same LUTH that a bunch of cotton wool was forgotten in my sister's stomach that nearly take her life.

1 Like

Re: Dr Amechi Obiora Is Dead! The 'O' In EKO Hospital Dies by GboyegaD(m): 7:32pm On Sep 02, 2021
Myself2:

Money making was also part of the dream of the founding fathers as they were not a charity organization

Yeah, but through superior service. What they offer now is way below the Eko Hospital standard.
Re: Dr Amechi Obiora Is Dead! The 'O' In EKO Hospital Dies by frozen70(f): 7:37pm On Sep 02, 2021
I use to love that hospital in the 90s

They save my mum's life there
May his soul rest in peace

2 Likes

Re: Dr Amechi Obiora Is Dead! The 'O' In EKO Hospital Dies by extremophile: 7:40pm On Sep 02, 2021
The EKO Hospital used to provide topnotch service in those days. Had my first genotype/blood group test there decades ago.
I don't know of their quality in recent times though.
Rest in peace, Dr Obiora

1 Like

Re: Dr Amechi Obiora Is Dead! The 'O' In EKO Hospital Dies by nengibo: 7:41pm On Sep 02, 2021
needanswer:
Double meaning
Re: Dr Amechi Obiora Is Dead! The 'O' In EKO Hospital Dies by CaptainFM1: 7:41pm On Sep 02, 2021
Jaweego:

Legends will not live for ever. I'm more worried that future legends are yahoo boys, hush bingos, naira marley and the likes. These are the people that are motivating today's youth!
Re: Dr Amechi Obiora Is Dead! The 'O' In EKO Hospital Dies by Frankbaro(m): 7:42pm On Sep 02, 2021
gasparpisciotta:
Rename the hospital

To your father's name, I guess
Re: Dr Amechi Obiora Is Dead! The 'O' In EKO Hospital Dies by VanuatuWycombe: 7:51pm On Sep 02, 2021
Tywo2018:
Have always thought that the acronym" EKO " was synonymous to "EKO"as in Lagos. RIP Dr. Obiora.

No. The e names of the three doctors are written in mosaics painting on the outer wall of the hospital. You can check it out next time when you are passing by.

2 Likes

Re: Dr Amechi Obiora Is Dead! The 'O' In EKO Hospital Dies by gasparpisciotta: 7:54pm On Sep 02, 2021
Frankbaro:

To your father's name, I guess

I pity you.

Bad belle kills more than cancer.
Re: Dr Amechi Obiora Is Dead! The 'O' In EKO Hospital Dies by dbonks(m): 7:57pm On Sep 02, 2021
Rest in Peace Sir.
Re: Dr Amechi Obiora Is Dead! The 'O' In EKO Hospital Dies by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:01pm On Sep 02, 2021
needanswer:

Me too! They were quite inventive with coming up with the name EKO!

1 Like

Re: Dr Amechi Obiora Is Dead! The 'O' In EKO Hospital Dies by supereagle(m): 8:47pm On Sep 02, 2021
Omooba77:
Good hospital then, but they nearly killed my wife years ago... Our first preg, they were treating my wife for malaria... Thank God we survived, but I changed them quickly as HMO... I think people running it now need to do more....Rest Dr. Obiora.....

Gani Fawehimi case was wrongly diagnosed there too.

1 Like

Re: Dr Amechi Obiora Is Dead! The 'O' In EKO Hospital Dies by Lexusgs430: 9:34pm On Sep 02, 2021
Jaweego:

You expect them to live forever........ grin Leaving this world, is an inevitability........

Nobody goes out alive...... cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dr Amechi Obiora Is Dead! The 'O' In EKO Hospital Dies by Tundex911: 10:01pm On Sep 02, 2021
CoronaVirus kill O from EKO...

Life sha Smh
Re: Dr Amechi Obiora Is Dead! The 'O' In EKO Hospital Dies by Chuksaluta(m): 10:22pm On Sep 02, 2021
Rip Sir. I had my first breath in the walls of this hospital.
Re: Dr Amechi Obiora Is Dead! The 'O' In EKO Hospital Dies by Okhuadams(m): 10:33pm On Sep 02, 2021
Re: Dr Amechi Obiora Is Dead! The 'O' In EKO Hospital Dies by nedekid: 11:11pm On Sep 02, 2021
Omooba77:
Good hospital then, but they nearly killed my wife years ago... Our first preg, they were treating my wife for malaria... Thank God we survived, but I changed them quickly as HMO... I think people running it now need to do more....Rest Dr. Obiora.....
Thank God for saving her life.
This hmo stuff, is it really effective? Kindly advice on how much you pay and what it covers. Thanks.
Re: Dr Amechi Obiora Is Dead! The 'O' In EKO Hospital Dies by Emmyjumy(m): 2:26am On Sep 03, 2021
Omooba77:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/09/dr-obiora-the-o-in-eko-hospital-dies/amp/
May God rest ur soul, and grant ur loved ones d courage to bear irreparable loss
Re: Dr Amechi Obiora Is Dead! The 'O' In EKO Hospital Dies by Diamondplus1805(m): 3:08am On Sep 03, 2021
RIP
Re: Dr Amechi Obiora Is Dead! The 'O' In EKO Hospital Dies by Chigold101(m): 4:16am On Sep 03, 2021
Jaweego:
At 85...

And you are complaining
Re: Dr Amechi Obiora Is Dead! The 'O' In EKO Hospital Dies by bewla(m): 7:12am On Sep 03, 2021
daddytime:
Rest on Dr. O...
God of O madioha will be along

RIP sir
Re: Dr Amechi Obiora Is Dead! The 'O' In EKO Hospital Dies by joshuaidibia(m): 7:57am On Sep 03, 2021
Jaweego:
because people die everyday.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS / Lady Shares Before & After Photos Of Her Classmate Who Went 'mentally Deranged' / Photos Of The UNILAG Student, Tope Who Died After Returning From A Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.