Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,632 members, 7,924,117 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 11:25 PM

Expats Around The World What Do You Like And Dislike About Your New Country? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Expats Around The World What Do You Like And Dislike About Your New Country? (1736 Views)

Why Are White People ''expats'' When The Rest Of Us Are ''immigrants''? / What Do You Like About USA And Canada? / Is Aba Unsafe For Expats? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Expats Around The World What Do You Like And Dislike About Your New Country? by jclord(f): 12:06am On Feb 12, 2006
Living in America has me thinking about this all the time.
Re: Expats Around The World What Do You Like And Dislike About Your New Country? by phoneman(m): 12:21am On Feb 12, 2006
being the only black man in my dept makes me feel I have to work harder to represent. I hate being surrounded by white men all the timealthough I feel it is better than facing the hardship some nigerians are going through.
Re: Expats Around The World What Do You Like And Dislike About Your New Country? by hotangel2(f): 2:33am On Feb 12, 2006
I Don't think i hate anything abt america.

Maybe when i think deep tho. But that does not mean i don't miss Nigeria.
Re: Expats Around The World What Do You Like And Dislike About Your New Country? by vichel(m): 7:06am On Feb 12, 2006
I love the multi-culture hear, sometimes i feel am still back home. Every culture is given the opportunity to make some noise, no matter how small. The only thing i hate is that a lot of people are too darn naive about Africa, and that irritates me alot.
Re: Expats Around The World What Do You Like And Dislike About Your New Country? by jclord(f): 4:32pm On Feb 12, 2006
America has great economic opportunities. But, after living here for most of my life it is still hard to find a nice intergrated town with good schools for my children. Racism is always an issue. Even finding a good intergrated church is a major problem. In America we have stuff but community is hard to find. It is just every man for himself.
Re: Expats Around The World What Do You Like And Dislike About Your New Country? by Hotstepper(f): 6:56pm On Feb 12, 2006
i like da diversity in ma country, friendly, neat, quiet when necessary etc, am loving it tongue
Re: Expats Around The World What Do You Like And Dislike About Your New Country? by jclord(f): 10:36pm On Feb 12, 2006
Vichel,

I am sad more people don't know anything about Africa. I think this fact affects how us as Black people feel about ourselves.

I did not know how nice Africa was until I met an African college student who was my sister's class mate. She was from Nigeria. I was impressed when I saw pictures of the town she came from in Africa. It looked like Jamaica or Florida. Because we don't ever get any info about Africa other than crisis photos I had no clue how beautiful Africa was. I hope that will change in the near future. Maybe Hollywood will work in Africa for movies and TV shows to change our image. Hollywood could use some new story lines. Their usual movies and TV shows are kinda played out .
Re: Expats Around The World What Do You Like And Dislike About Your New Country? by Hotstepper(f): 5:13am On Feb 13, 2006
@jclord, ain't u Nigerian? tongue
Re: Expats Around The World What Do You Like And Dislike About Your New Country? by jclord(f): 5:34am On Feb 13, 2006
@hotstepper,
I may have some Nigerian ancestors that I don't know about. But I am Jamaican-American. I like Nairaland better than the Jamaican Forums I have visited. Nigerians seem to have alot in common with Jamaicans. Maybe alot of Jamaican slaves came from Nigeria. I have no info about the Nigerian Jamaicn connection.
Re: Expats Around The World What Do You Like And Dislike About Your New Country? by Hotstepper(f): 2:51pm On Feb 13, 2006
kool, u r welcome bro, fell free, we r al one
Re: Expats Around The World What Do You Like And Dislike About Your New Country? by jclord(f): 3:29pm On Feb 14, 2006
Hotstepper thanks for making me feel welcomed in Nairaland.
Re: Expats Around The World What Do You Like And Dislike About Your New Country? by vichel(m): 5:54pm On Feb 14, 2006
@ Jclord, its good to know u like Africa. I want to assure u that we are not much different, and nairaland is ur home
Re: Expats Around The World What Do You Like And Dislike About Your New Country? by jclord(f): 4:21am On Feb 15, 2006
Vichel ,
Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

. / Nigeria: Unruly Travellers At Jfk Airport / United States Of America(let's Go Together) [b]us Student Visa Interview[b]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.