Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,407 members, 7,881,481 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:55 PM

Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! (5921 Views)

Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake / Buhari Declares Open 2 Day Retreats For Ministerial-designates In Abuja Today / Amaechi First Name On Screening List For Ministerial Nominees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! by MMM2(m): 7:44pm On May 23, 2011
something is wrong somewhere.
Re: Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! by scopusng(m): 8:06pm On May 23, 2011
My family voted GEJ, and not PDP. I dey laugh. See ya 2015.
Re: Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! by adebio: 8:08pm On May 23, 2011
If Bankole is compensated with minister, that means his impact was felt in d pdp cabinet.
Without a mincing word, his constituecy & country as a whole enjoy his administration to a certain level. He should not be condemned. He has his good sides which i think outweigh what u may call his bad side. Nobody is perfect.
Re: Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 8:13pm On May 23, 2011
i think its a tad too early to pass any judgement on the man (jonathan) yet. howeer, his first few steps before inauguration are ill advised and apoear not to be well thought out. Ordering cement to manufacturers to drop the price of cement? good idea, no plan. he's asking them to drop the prices as if there no factors determining such and that cement manufacturers fix the cost of their products just because it is their aim to make nigerians stop all forms of building. we didn't hear of any discussions between government and the stake holders in the industry to come to a price that will favour both parties.

NNPC to fix the refineries? With pretty much the same set of people that siphoned money from efforts to revitalize the refineries? He'll still vote money for the repairs and refurbishment, money that will still fall into the same or similar set of hands as those that were there when obj did something similar.

Now its Dimeji Bankole for a ministerial slot, a man that should not even be consdered at all.

I hope these are not the kind of stories we'll be hearing about GEJ over the next few years.
Re: Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! by drgica74: 8:28pm On May 23, 2011
If GEJ triam eeh, I no say I don die, but I come open my grave come out beat am well, go back.

Make una warn am now.
Re: Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! by joecrack(m): 8:42pm On May 23, 2011
Hhuuumn,
hope i did nt make a mistake voting gej,hope all my efforts coercing my neighbours,friends and family members to vote gej would nt be in vain.
Following recent happenings in the past weeks have got me thinking,though it would nt be fair to begin to cast aspertions,i think the time is not ripe yet.
Well,all these names bandied about are speculations and for nw we should treat them as such.nigerian press are very notorious with gossips,heresays,and sensations.
Re: Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! by DisGuy: 8:55pm On May 23, 2011
bamosagie:

Why not wait for GEJ to annouce the name first then you can call for his head.
Most of you guys are angry because the press is not mentioning names like Ciroma.

Why cant soldiers get shot first before asking for bulletproof vests?

Public pressure/outcry is part of politics
most of you bootlickers are just happy the dude is from ND; as long as he is from your region he is beyond criticism
the same criticism we heaped on the mallams - no way Jose!
Re: Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! by dayokanu(m): 9:06pm On May 23, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Wait until some scumbags started defending the president with views like;

"You know, erhm he is not the one insisting on giving Bank-OLE".

"yar adua did thesame thing and nobody complain"

"OBJ should be blame"

"Jonathan is a nice man, but people around him are bad"

"He has not even been sworn in, you are complainig"

"Just that he is of lesser evil"

"His name is still helping him"

"vanguard is not a credible source"

"That man get luck o" , to know that Nigerians deserve the type of leaders they are having.

We surely deserve the leaders we get.

I voted GEJ and not PDP, I dey laugh. I ate akara and not beans
Re: Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! by fxtopedia(m): 9:07pm On May 23, 2011
Dis Guy:

Why cant soldiers get shot first before asking for bulletproof vests?

Public pressure/outcry is part of politics
most of you bootlickers are just happy the dude is from ND; as long as he is from your region he is beyond criticism
the same criticism we heaped on the mallams - no way Jose!

God bless you jare.
He wants us to keep mute so that they can do the nation harms,
Re: Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! by 1stknight(m): 9:17pm On May 23, 2011
this will reduce the number of unemployed in our society grin
Re: Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! by dustydee: 9:17pm On May 23, 2011
dayokanu:

I voted GEJ and not PDP, I dey laugh. I ate akara and not beans
I keep telling people om th ballot paper was it PDP and the umbrella that was there or GEJ. whatever was there is what you voted for. But you can console yourself and say you voted for the person. Parties have won elections in this country before without a candidate so who did hte people vote for?
Re: Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 23, 2011
pls naa,u guys should leave oga gej alone. the man is a nice man,he meant well for those of u that voted for him. shebi some people talk say him be Gods anointed? he is Gods sent, and all those trash. in fact i will like him to appoint Erastus akingbola as the new finance minister for  village or state, chief tony aninie as the minister of petroleum, obj as minister of agriculture, adamu ciroma as minister of education, alao akala as minister of labor, ohakim as minister of yahoo yahoo,
ibb as chief of staff,im so sure with this kind of people sorry technocrats in his new cabinet Nigeria will get to eldorado sharp sharp. u guys aint see nothing yet,  majority voted for him and now u have him as ur president so leave with it after all he represents change abi? yeye citizens of yeye country. im loving the gej guy now,he will show u guys pepper well well so that next time the opportunity avails itself again to chose a leader, u will elect a competent personality that have a track record of competence and not voting based on tribal,religious nor regional considerations.after deceiving u the educated illiterate electorate that zoning was unconstitutional to get ur vote,they ve gone back to zoning now they have been voted in,pls for Christ sake when will Nigerians stop been foolish and start using there brains? poverty knows no region. NIGERIANS DESERVE THE KIND OF LEADERS IT HAS,THAT'S MY TAKE ON THIS ISSUE.
Re: Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! by aletheia(m): 9:48pm On May 23, 2011
Two pages of hot air & mass hysteria. In these season of rumors. . .there is a new ministerial list everyday depending on which newspaper you are reading.
Re: Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! by favouredjb(f): 10:30pm On May 23, 2011
I don't think jono wld appoint bankole,it is not possible
Re: Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! by PastorOla1: 10:46pm On May 23, 2011
Bankole is a proud young yoruba man, he may not be able to work under any minister as a minister of state becauce of his pride.
Re: Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! by Nobody: 10:51pm On May 23, 2011
lol,
Re: Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! by Debokan: 11:20pm On May 23, 2011
Foreign Affairs minister

minister of state Foreign Affairs

What is the difference between these two positions?
ONE NA OGA ONE NA ASSITANT.
Re: Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! by lucabrasi(m): 11:32pm On May 23, 2011
senbonzakura_kageyoshi:

i think its a tad too early to pass any judgement on the man (jonathan) yet. howeer, his first few steps before inauguration are ill advised and apoear not to be well thought out. Ordering cement to manufacturers to drop the price of cement? good idea, no plan. he's asking them to drop the prices as if there no factors determining such and that cement manufacturers fix the cost of their products just because it is their aim to make nigerians stop all forms of building. we didn't hear of any discussions between government and the stake holders in the industry to come to a price that will favour both parties.

NNPC to fix the refineries? With pretty much the same set of people that siphoned money from efforts to revitalize the refineries? He'll still vote money for the repairs and refurbishment, money that will still fall into the same or similar set of hands as those that were there when obj did something similar.

Now its Dimeji Bankole for a ministerial slot, a man that should not even be consdered at all.

I hope these are not the kind of stories we'll be hearing about GEJ over the next few years.
so if you were president what would you do different?you expect him to wave a magic wand and clear up all the corrupt ppl and make everything right magically?
Re: Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! by Nobody: 12:06am On May 24, 2011
please somebody why is this government so expensive and wasteful?
Re: Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! by Nobody: 12:55am On May 24, 2011
that wassup tho, wat bout ibb, and umm obj?? and akala, and daniel?
please they are good ppl, and should be giving ministerial appointment, to steal our money jare
abi no be the kind ppl, some educated illiterates, of nigeria (giant of africa) want be that?
hy the mufucking fuse??
bullshit, i just hope nigeria go in debt, and the world bank should seize nigeria, and all of you who voted for pdp, should be use as slave, modern slavery to pay back these politician stolen funds
most nigerians needs to face the real devil be4 dey wake up
damn it wake up, you mufking idiots, they are killing nigerians,lil by little, damn it, sum of you are dimwits
Re: Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! by Nobody: 12:57am On May 24, 2011
babaearly:

please somebody why is this government so expensive and wasteful?
because some dimwits keeps voting for pdp
dey are all idiots and fools
yes they need to be cursed at, be4 they wake up
the govt needs to make them suffer very well, be4 they wake,
i pray pdp dnt rule nigeria for the next 50 years, but i kinda want them to rule tho, so that sum idiots, can suffer very well
Re: Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! by ektbear: 12:58am On May 24, 2011
Debokan:

Hmm, ok. Didn't know one was subservient to the other.

Just seems kind of odd to have a ministerial level assistant, rather than letting the oga choose his assistant freely.
Re: Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! by Nobody: 1:00am On May 24, 2011
Debokan:

Foreign Affairs minister

lmfao, did you hear this? Bleep these idiot needs ASSITANT? WEN THEY HAVE BODY GUARDS AND STUFF, LET THEIR BODY GUARDS BE THEIR FUCKINGGG ASSITANT
Re: Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 1:22am On May 24, 2011
lucabrasi:

so if you were president what would you do different?you expect him to wave a magic wand and
clear up all the corrupt ppl and make everything right magically?

That is exactly what i'm saying, he's trying to use the magic wand approach to solve those problems. simply ordering cement manufacturers and distributors to drop the price of their commodity is a magic wand approach. things don't happen like that. there are factors that determine the cost of cement, factors that have to be considered before you talk about crashing the price. except you're telling me that the stakeholders in the cement manufacturing and distribution firm just met one day and said, "let's set the price of cement at this exorbitant cost so we can rip Nigerians off of their money".

as for the bad eggs in nnpc still being there and GEJ pouring money into the same said system, it's just like pouring water into a leaky bucket. you know its leaking, you know someone else has tried storing water in it before and instead it all went to waste, yet you still go ahead to pour water into the very same bucket and expect different results.

look, the solution to Nigeria's problems is not in ordering people to do stuff. if that were the case, Nigeria would've been a developed country by now. those solutions are deeper and further reaching than simply ordering people to de something.
Re: Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! by BigB11(m): 1:45am On May 24, 2011
I'm not sure why you guys continue to cry; you've paid for a Toyota Corolla, but now you're expecting a Lamborghini.
You haven't seen nothing yet, just wait and see.

Stable or constant electric power supply will continue to be something that we come across when we dream.
Diesel price will continue to rise.
Food will not be enough.
Sky is the limit for the unemployment rate.
Poverty will remain the middle name of 80% of Nigerians, but the elite section of Lagos State will continue to be attractive and unaffordable (I guess, that's enough for some of us to praise Gov Fashola and call him the greatest governor ever). I say, give me a break!
Education and Medical standard will become even weaker.
Incredible Infrastructure will continue to be something we don't see in ourselves, but in magazines
Politics (corruption) will remain the most lucrative career.

Where is your PDP or AC N party application form? Because this will continue to be the only hope for most of us.

For any nation, progress is never by luck, but by determination, knowledge and consistency
We, Nigerians are the problem, not PDP or AC N and absolutely not Goodluck Jonathan; until we all come to recognize and accept this fact, we will continue to exist in the darkness.
Re: Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! by BabaO2: 8:16am On May 24, 2011
If Jonathan is serious, anyone who contested and lost election, either governorship or federal,state assembly and senate in the just concluded elections should not be considered for a ministerial post
Re: Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! by rhymz(m): 8:21am On May 24, 2011
Whats up with all the vitriols against GEJ like people wish him to fail. Come on guys these are just speculative reports.
Why will GEJ put pre-requisites such as not having any controversy or electability and having integrity only to want to cut corners in Bankole's case. Was he more influential to GEJ's re-election than say; the governors-whom reports have it that they dominate the ignoble list and for that GEJ is flirting with the idea of dumping the list.
So, I think it will do us good to wait and see than speculate and unwittingly wish GEJ fails to prove a stoooopid point. Issues have gone beyond such parochial leanings, everybody should lend a support than pull him with destructive criticisms that only boost personal egos.
Even I that voted and supported GEJ, I'm not too happy with his posturing with many issues lately, especially his reluctance and seemingly lack of serious political will to take decive steps but I still understand I have to give him the benefit of my doubts.
No need wishing him to fail and propagating fears in people's mind, we all can't afford to see him fail.
Re: Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! by Nobody: 8:43am On May 24, 2011
I don't think bankole would agree to accept the position of a deputy minister anyway.
Re: Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! by richidinho(m): 8:55am On May 24, 2011
Foreign Affairs minister

Minister of state is deputizing Foreign Affairs Minister
Re: Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! by Texther(m): 9:01am On May 24, 2011
Baba_O:

If Jonathan is serious, anyone who contested and  lost election, either governorship or federal,state assembly and senate in the just concluded elections  should not be considered for a ministerial post

So those that contested and won should again be considered for ministerial post These pple that contested and lost had one way or the other contributed their quota, only that their pple need CHANGE that's why they refuse to vote for them. Ministerial post is just to console them, Sefinii!!!
Re: Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! by richidinho(m): 9:26am On May 24, 2011
NOW LISTEN FOOLS

Yaradua appoints 72yr old Kingibe, SFG - No complain then
Yaradua Appoint 85yr old Lukman, minister of petroleum - No complain then
yaradua appoint 70yr old Uffot Ekaette-Niger Delta Minister - No complain then
Yaradua Appoint his brother as head of NNPC - No complain then etc.
does it mean that anything that does not favour the North is not good for the nation?

El Rufai worked, but he also stole, Akunyili worked, she stole
Bankole is Vibrant, give him a chance

Goodluck, a Niger Deltan is ruling {go hug transfomer}
Re: Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! by ochigbooyi: 9:46am On May 24, 2011
I see people on this thread are sinile,the list have never been announced GEJ close aides do not even know the names and you people here are killing yourselves.All u making comments about GEJ been a weakling can never be the president in your lives

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sacked Non-Abia Indigenes Storm Owerri Govt House / Hurricane Sandy: Will Nigeria Learn From The Emergency Response Plan Of USA? / Photos: Fayemi & Wife Spent N100m On Their Bedrooms – Fayose's Aide Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.