Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,503 members, 7,932,634 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 10:27 AM

The Disadvantage Of Being Too Smart. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Disadvantage Of Being Too Smart. (2656 Views)

One Disadvantage Of War! / Any Disadvantage Of Studying Medicine In A State University? / Disadvantage Of Using Two O'level Result For 2019 JAMB Registration |two Sitting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Disadvantage Of Being Too Smart. by jazon(m): 7:18am On Sep 05, 2021
1. The more intelligent you are, the more fools you must suffer. The worst of these individuals are those who imagine they are more intelligent when they are obviously not, or those who denounce education and intellect as unimportant because they lack one or both.

2. Being perceived as condescending. It is a constant battle of diplomacy that is often lost even with the best of intentions.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Disadvantage Of Being Too Smart. by thesicilian: 7:57am On Sep 05, 2021
3. You find yourself having to be alone most of the time

17 Likes

Re: The Disadvantage Of Being Too Smart. by SocialJustice: 8:39am On Sep 05, 2021
Are those disadvantantages? The world is filled with too many fools and I stopped engaging diplomatically a long time ago. The opportunities for smart people in this country are slim to non existent.

Every smart nigerian should strive to leave and operate in a clime where they are appreciated. Operate in a clime where merit rules over nepotism and crass stupidity.

Being smart is not for making friends or being popular, if a person is truly smart then they should know there is a big task of solving a part of humanity's problems. Others are too dumb to understand the complexities of these things. If you succeed, you will still become popular and people you'll never meet or know will know your name and respect you. I should also add that when the right problems are solved, it comes with a lot of financial gratification.

For the most part, all friendships or relationships bring or being around too many dumb people, are unnecessary emotional issues.

Those who are fortunate enough to have a sound mind and intellect must take a pressing issue of humanity and provide solutions. We are not here to make friends or engage in meaningless discussions.

Of course, it is important every now and then to engage in some tomfoolery if it suits you or simply ignore it altogether to focus on the more important task at hand.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Disadvantage Of Being Too Smart. by siofra(f): 10:22am On Sep 05, 2021
"It is foolish to want to spend your whole life a wise man"

2 Likes

Re: The Disadvantage Of Being Too Smart. by nuggarito: 10:25am On Sep 05, 2021
-tend to be less emotional cos you don't solve your problems with your heart but your brain.

-insecurity in relationships because most smart people are overthinkers, before any mistake can they had already thought of it and even prepared for such scenerio.

11 Likes

Re: The Disadvantage Of Being Too Smart. by Lordbinsmar: 10:55am On Sep 05, 2021
Every smart nigerian should strive to leave and operate in a clime where they are appreciated. Operate in a clime where merit rules over nepotism and crass stupidity.
.[/quote]

Nigeria is not an idea environment for any smart individual.

6 Likes

Re: The Disadvantage Of Being Too Smart. by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 05, 2021
Depends on what you mean by SMART. In your definition, what does it mean to be smart?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Disadvantage Of Being Too Smart. by ForestHill: 3:43pm On Sep 05, 2021
Smart people hardly make A...s in school; bookworms do.

1 Like

Re: The Disadvantage Of Being Too Smart. by juri: 4:31pm On Sep 05, 2021
SocialJustice:
Are those disadvantantages? The world is filled with too many fools and I stopped engaging diplomatically a long time ago. The opportunities for very smart people in this country are slim to non existent.

Being smart is not for making friends or being popular, if a person is truly smart then they should know there is a big task of solving a part of humanity's problems in front of them. Others are too dumb to understand the complexities of these things. If you succeed, you will still become popular and people you'll never meet or know will know your name and respect you. I should also add when the right problems are solved, it comes with a lot of financial gratification.

For the most part, all friendship or relationships bring or being around too many dumb people are unnecessary emotional issues.

Those who are fortunate enough to have a sound mind and intellect must take a pressing issue of humanity and provide solutions. We are not here to make friends or engage in meaningless discussions.

Of course, it is important every now and then to engage in some tomfoolery if it suits you or simply ignore it altogether to focus on the more important task at hand.

Feel like buying you a drink right now.

4 Likes

Re: The Disadvantage Of Being Too Smart. by end1999constitu(m): 5:04pm On Sep 05, 2021
What shall I do be foolish?
Re: The Disadvantage Of Being Too Smart. by LordIsaac(m): 5:27pm On Sep 05, 2021
You will also note that they are hated albeit covertly, by peers or colleagues and are easily labelled "proud". Plus, you hear those that envy them use these lines regularly: ".. First class work for third class... School na scam... Who first class epp... " grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Disadvantage Of Being Too Smart. by JimmyDarmody: 6:24pm On Sep 05, 2021
nuggarito:
-tend to be less emotional cos you don't solve your problems with your heart but your brain.

-insecurity in relationships because most smart people are overthinkers, before any mistake can they had already thought of it and even prepared for such scenerio.
you defined me

Let me add mine Sha

_Smart people usually get bullied by fools because a fool considers them less social and mistake that for weakness or shyness. Though they never argue with fools, a fool automatically thinks he has won when they ignore.

3 Likes

Re: The Disadvantage Of Being Too Smart. by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 05, 2021
siofra:

make i laugh small hahahahahahahahaha

Oluwa see the kind women way u give us 4 this country.

they never lack what to say at any time!

open cap for u

na to go Togo go marry wife quietly. Thank God say na jst trek i go trek. Naija girls i no understand them again. them don too smart

3 Likes

Re: The Disadvantage Of Being Too Smart. by siofra(f): 7:07pm On Sep 05, 2021
nniero11:

make i laugh small hahahahahahahahaha

Oluwa see the kind women way u give us 4 this country.

they never lack what to say at any time!

open cap for u

na to go Togo go marry wife quietly. Thank God say na jst trek i go trek. Naija girls i no understand them again. them don too smart

Idiot! Tell me you've been wise your whole life?
Re: The Disadvantage Of Being Too Smart. by Nobody: 7:38pm On Sep 05, 2021
siofra:

Idiot! Tell me you've been wise your whole life?

THANK YOU MA'AM!

GOD BLESS YOU.

1 Like

Re: The Disadvantage Of Being Too Smart. by obinna58(m): 7:44pm On Sep 05, 2021
Smart intelligent people solve problems no matter how bad it seems cos they tends to be hardworking too.
No economy
No environment
No country
No body can stop them from getting where they want to be. If you're not where you want to be today and not seeing the possibility of being there in the near future you're simply not smart.

Smart people keep upgrading themselves since the day they're born, if you look back and see no different between the past and the present, counting how far you've gone then you're a dumbass

2 Likes

Re: The Disadvantage Of Being Too Smart. by Karleb(m): 8:16pm On Sep 05, 2021
Being too smart is okay but the issue with it is thinking you are above everyone else.

No matter how smart you think you are, you are a dummy at something.

It's the same issue wealthy and good looking people and people who have or think they have too much of anything have.

There is this overconfidence and pride, small thing you are already talking about how smart or good looking or wealthy you are.

By the time I get money, I want to be as humble as possible.

Majority of people we see as smart are not, they just happen to have good retentive memory.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Disadvantage Of Being Too Smart. by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 05, 2021
For your mind you smart undecided

1 Like

Re: The Disadvantage Of Being Too Smart. by Karleb(m): 9:53pm On Sep 05, 2021
OJay360:
For your mind you smart undecided

The idea annoys me a lot.

Most people are not genius or wealthy or good looking, they are just arrogant and proud.
Re: The Disadvantage Of Being Too Smart. by The5DME(m): 9:53pm On Sep 05, 2021
[quote author[s]=Karleb post=105525454]Being too smart is okay but the issue with it is thinking you are above everyone else.
[/s]
No matter how smart you think you are, you are a dummy at something.

It's the same issue wealthy and good looking people and people who have or think they have too much of anything have.

There is this overconfidence and pride, small thing you are already talking about how smart or good looking or wealthy you are.

By the time I get money, I want to be as humble as possible.

Majority of people we see as smart are not, they just happen to have good retentive memory. [/quote] I do not agree with this.
Re: The Disadvantage Of Being Too Smart. by Karleb(m): 9:56pm On Sep 05, 2021
The5DME:
I do not agree with this.

Why do you disagree?
Re: The Disadvantage Of Being Too Smart. by Nobody: 9:59pm On Sep 05, 2021
Karleb:

The idea annoys me a lot.

Most people are not genius or wealthy or good looking, they are just arrogant and proud.
I just tire for some people, even Albert Einstein never accept to be the smartest..

Because you know something that others don't know, you are very smart and every other person is a fool and below your standard
Re: The Disadvantage Of Being Too Smart. by Myer(m): 10:05pm On Sep 05, 2021
jazon:

1. The more intelligent you are, the more fools you must suffer. The worst of these individuals are those who imagine they are more intelligent when they are obviously not, or those who denounce education and intellect as unimportant because they lack one or both.

2. Being perceived as condescending. It is a constant battle of diplomacy that is often lost even with the best of intentions.

The diplomacy is exhausting.
Most times you just have to dumb down for your audience.
But that is dangerous to continue at.

2 Likes

Re: The Disadvantage Of Being Too Smart. by DoggoneDogg: 12:31am On Sep 06, 2021
A thread for smart people has been invaded by dumbos.

1 Like

Re: The Disadvantage Of Being Too Smart. by Nobody: 1:36am On Sep 06, 2021
OJay360:
I just tire for some people, even Albert Einstein never accept to be the smartest..

Because you know something that others don't know, you are very smart and every other person is a fool and below your standard

Nobody can be too smart to die when death is inevitable or too smart to die as a result of misfortune

In other words, you can't avoid certain things no matter how smart you are

If you are being too smart, you are actually being stupid

Who is a smart person?

A smart person is a person that shows smartness to some extent

What is smartness?
Smartness refers to human intelligence or wisdom or the ability of a person to derive or apply or impart knowledge towards a benefit.

How smart can a person be?

There's a limit to how smart a person can be

A stupid person is a person that doesn't show the ability to derive or apply or impart knowledge towards a benefit.

Therefore ,if you show smartness, it's a matter of chance

If you don't, it's still a matter of chance

Smartness can be shown at anytime
Stupidity can be shown at anytime

There are levels of smartness and stupidity

What is luck?

Luck is your exposure to what you are bound find beneficial.

It can also be defined as the chance of getting what is beneficial or the chance of being exposed to what is beneficial.

There's a limit to how lucky you can be

Smartness ensures that you seek what is beneficial or smartness is the way to what is beneficial by chance

You cannot determine whether someone is being smart or not until the person loses or gains something by chance

So, you are actually lucky when your mental efforts are not in vain

Your mental efforts towards getting what is good for you shows smartness when they are not in vain

if they are in vain,then you are not lucky

It's impossible for anyone to be always smart

What makes a person smarter than another person?

You can be smarter than another person when your smartness is greater

Your smartness is greater when you have more luck

You have more luck when you are exposed to what you are bound to find more beneficial than whatever the other person finds

Note:anything beneficial is good for you and there's a limit to what is good for you

2 Likes

Re: The Disadvantage Of Being Too Smart. by phemmyfour: 7:23am On Sep 06, 2021
siofra:
Being wise is relative
Re: The Disadvantage Of Being Too Smart. by Gadafii: 8:49am On Sep 06, 2021
In a world full of fools,it's suicidal to be wise

2 Likes

Re: The Disadvantage Of Being Too Smart. by hakym619(m): 11:21am On Oct 01, 2023
JimmyDarmody:
you defined me

Let me add mine Sha

_Smart people usually get bullied by fools because a fool considers them less social and mistake that for weakness or shyness. Though they never argue with fools, a fool automatically thinks he has won when they ignore.

@bolded , I struggle a whole lot coping with my peers. Too much jealousy.

(1) (Reply)

EKSU Student Allegedly Uses His Roommate For Money Ritual (VIDEO) / Mapoly Form For 2010/2011 Is Out / Oau Post Ume Question And Answer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.