Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,424 members, 7,968,125 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 06:43 PM

Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper (48475 Views)

VAT: North Is Rich, Can Live Without Billions Accruing To Southern States —NEF / Masari On VAT: Northern States Responsible For Lagos, Rivers Development / Miyetti Allah Asks Fulani Herdsmen To Leave Southern States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by Ibkhaleel: 8:48pm On Sep 08, 2021
Fact!

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by jaytee01(m): 8:48pm On Sep 08, 2021
Jamesz12:
Federalism doesn't conort laziness and a parasitic relationship.
The spoon feeding of the North from the time of colonialism to this day has to stop.
I was born in the north and I have never seen such hate anywhere, the hate and the disdain an average Northerner has for a Southerner is beyond imagination and they don't hide it, they prefer to align with a foreigner than a fellow Nigerian who is from the south they can jeopardize anything so long is not to their benefit. Believe me if not for the economic advantages the are getting front the south and the asses to the sea they would have ended this union a very long time ago. Had it been the oil is from the north Nigeria would have longed disintegrated and you can take this to the bank, I was born here and I still live here. The hate is enormous, they only use one Nigeria when it benefits them. A people so parasitic and hateful. Zamfara gold is for Zamfara but Niger Delta oil is for Nigeria. You hate the south and jettison anything about their interest but you love the resources from the South. You hate alcohol but you will want to eat from VAT from alcohol. I have never seen a people like this, you usurp the indigenous lands of the south and kill their people in their farmlands and oppress them with federal might and with your unproductive population, you destroy their businesses up north, you are ready to go any extent to see that any southener in any position is evicted eve when he/she merits it, you hate them so passionately and yet when it interest you you call them brothers, perhaps you think we are fools, the only place you can find such people is in middle east their brothers of similar triats and characters if destruction and hate.
We are not one. The earlier we go our ways the better

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by hansomb: 8:57pm On Sep 08, 2021
Emergingnation:
When you were destroying business that belong to Southerners by imposing your Sharia rule,

Did you remember being your brother keepers.

Now that the chicken has come home for roasting , you're begging...
alcohol is not good for your health.

2 Likes

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by hansomb: 9:00pm On Sep 08, 2021
This is a bad/good sign. Expect the Northern governors to increase tax on southern indigene in the North expecially the dot nation. And even school fees too will be affected.
Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by Pointblank09(m): 9:20pm On Sep 08, 2021
Emergingnation:
When you were destroying business that belong to Southerners by imposing your Sharia rule,

Did you remember being your brother keepers.

Now that the chicken has come home for roasting , you're begging...

This is how much that was actually destroyed

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by gnykelly(m): 9:33pm On Sep 08, 2021
osuofia2:
Fake news, in real sense, the South needs the North more than the North needs South.
We feed the South, in turn what do they contribute to Nigeria aside given us problems up and down.
Lord Lugard shouldn't have joined us with those bunch of noise makers called southerners.

.then why did you guys jail mazi Nnamdi KANU

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by obyrich(m): 9:34pm On Sep 08, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
Brother's keeper Kill you there idiot

All this year's you've been milking the southerners dry, you didn't remember to be brothers keeper

Mad people

God bless Wike for me .
grin
Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by matrixme(m): 9:41pm On Sep 08, 2021
Omo these are really serious issues that indicate no one has monopoly to intoxication. Buhari and his Fulani brothers thought they could hold everyone ransom and hijack the federal character principle but they forget that southerns are the key to Nigeria's administrative resource.
Wike has just blown the Pandora's box open. The almagamation of Southern governor's anti open grazing law (with the exemption of the Judas among them) is further spreading the message.

2 Likes

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by ocelot2006(m): 9:49pm On Sep 08, 2021
Gombe Finance Commissioner: "Our Southern states, please let's be bro....."

�Thunder FIRE you.....�

2 Likes

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by eteba(m): 9:50pm On Sep 08, 2021
You're very st^pid, who's ur brother

2 Likes

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by BaronBiafra411(m): 10:08pm On Sep 08, 2021
Boko Haram people are afraid oo grin
Kudos to Mazi Nnamdi Kanu for waking us up cool
So after killing 5million Igbos
Aburi accord will still stand,
May God bless Ojukwu for me!
He went to war for this, finally our destiny can only be delayed!
But can't be denied !!!

3 Likes

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by Kirigidi(m): 10:10pm On Sep 08, 2021
osuofia2:
Fake news, in real sense, the South needs the North more than the North needs South.
We feed the South, in turn what do they contribute to Nigeria aside given us problems up and down.
Lord Lugard shouldn't have joined us with those bunch of noise makers called southerners.
You claim to feed the South, yet there is imminent famine and hunger in the North, and none in the South.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by Mrpojj(m): 10:23pm On Sep 08, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Ekiti will still beg, Osun will beg, Benue will beg, Plateau will beg, Enugu will beg, Abia will beg, Ebonyi will beg & so many other states will beg, no more than 5 states can sustain themselves.
But they are not begging yet
My problem is y is only one region so bothered about the whole thing?

3 Likes

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by jimyjames(m): 10:37pm On Sep 08, 2021
YorubarLord:
I don't give a fvck about you or your tribe. Pls relocate back to your landlocked region so yoruba can breath.
You do give a big f*ck my friend else you won't throw a sneer shot at my tribe in the first place
Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by snoopz: 10:52pm On Sep 08, 2021
make everybody dey him Lane FG dey Rob Peter to pay Paul, but Peter don wise
Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by Arabaincubus: 10:55pm On Sep 08, 2021
Nonsense brotherhood. Let me hear my governor complain. Since you all resisted restructuring, you will get it another way.
Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by jimyjames(m): 10:59pm On Sep 08, 2021
BusinessDream:
You are wrong. They will be the ahead of ALL REGIONS if Nigeria is restructured. This continued boasting is causing more problems for Igbos and you need to put an end to it and also make sure that your kids do not inherit it.

For an instance, the Nigerian tech sphere is dominated by them... we Igbos don't even come close there. They are the biggest exporter of tech programmers. There are more Yoruba entrepreneurs than you can imagine. Just because they don't boast as we Igbos do does not mean that they are not up there.

Two of Nigeria's tech unicorns are led by Yoruba sons. Stop this bragging. It does not paint us in a good light.
It's nothing whatever success you think the yoruba's have in tech can be squashed by the igbos if they put their minds to it, we have the human resources to do that, just like we did in 1920 the igbos came out from their forest homes to squash the education of the yoruba's in just within 20 yrs , let this country be restructured and decentralized watch the igbos beat you yoruba's to what you think you lead in, the igbo sons that will turn things around in igboland are living abroad cause they don't believe in Nigeria
Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by Nobody: 11:44pm On Sep 08, 2021
"Rivers generated N15bn in June 2021 but got N4.7bn while “Kano produced N2.8bn in June but Kano also got N2.8bn. Sometimes you don’t want to believe these things exist."

Sadly, they exist.

2 Likes

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by Nobody: 11:46pm On Sep 08, 2021
jimyjames:

It's nothing whatever success you think the yoruba's have in tech can be squashed by the igbos if they put their minds to it, we have the human resources to do that, just like we did in 1920 the igbos came out from their forest homes to squash the education of the yoruba's in just within 20 yrs , let this country be restructured and decentralized watch the igbos beat you yoruba's to what you think you lead in, the igbos sons that will turn things around in igboland are living abroad cause they don't believe in Nigeria

Clap for yourself, with this mindset - The Fulanis will conquer Nigeria - Unity of the south ,restructuring, referendum is the way and only way.
Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by eagleu: 12:10am On Sep 09, 2021
Modrov:
The elephant in the room is that most governors do not want to be forced to face the reality...that their tax to gdp ratio is low, and that in order to surivive sans vat...they would have to increase taxes and impose taxes on everyone....not just the 30% nationwide of taxable that pay taxes.

That's why Gombe is begging Rivers.

If many Northern governors are forced to enforce taxation on the masses of people who don't pay because 'poverty'..it could spark unrest , and could lead to them all losing their jobs via election. (And the same thing goes for many Southern governors...including Wike ....because VAT revenues per state are not going to be enough)

Tax to gdp ratios in most states are as low as 1-2%. Even the VAT is being used by Southern governors as a means to prevent themselves from taxing the majority of their people who don't pay tax.

Taxation is the ultimate test of democracy.
If people agree with the government, they pay, if they don't, they refuse to pay.

Taxation is also the most reliable estimate of population, not voting cards.

States created out of military favoritism like Gombe that has no fiscal roots needs to disappear or get civilized in order to attract and retain citizens who can build the state, not impose uneconomic religious laws here and there.

Apart from a harsh military conquest on the short term, and enslaving the majority tax paying citizens, there's no way Buhari religious, military, and economic persecution of the south will be sustained on the long run.

2 Likes

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by jimyjames(m): 12:31am On Sep 09, 2021
9jah:

Clap for yourself, with this mindset - The Fulanis will conquer Nigeria - Unity of the south ,restructuring, referendum is the way and only way.
Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by jimyjames(m): 12:36am On Sep 09, 2021
9jah:

The same unity the entire Nigeria United and plotted to wipe out the igbos in a genocidal ethnic cleansing war?
Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by Nobody: 12:53am On Sep 09, 2021
jimyjames:

The same unity the entire Nigeria United and plotted to wipe out the igbos in a genocidal ethnic cleansing war?

I hear you my brother,that was a bizarre genocide,people like Ken Saro Wiwa ,Obasanjo and co , that indigenous Nigerians will help the Fulanis to wipe out another indigenous Nigerians, that have been cohating with them forever to gain some political share in a country run by foreigners,but we in diaspora are working hand in hand with all Indegenous Nigerians now -I concur with you ,we have try to seek help from them now ,what we Ndi-Igbo see sitting down, it took them many years of standing up with our enemies to see-I beg-Thank you Sir.

2 Likes

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by Nobody: 1:04am On Sep 09, 2021
osuofia2:

We have the dough -sale your onions ,cattle and tomatoes to Niger

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by Poleski: 3:05am On Sep 09, 2021
According to him, it would be a very bad development that won’t augur well for the country if every state will ask for control of its resources.

What a BS! How long are you going to leech off Southern States? In fact, States being able to control their own resources will augur well for the country because it will create a healthy competition between States and make lazy governors to sit up!

States need to innovate, find other means of revenue, invest in science and technology to boost their economy. Lazing around and waiting for Federal assistance isn't the best way.

2 Likes

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by Poleski: 3:13am On Sep 09, 2021
airminem:
I agree with the governor but i don't agree with Sahara reporters.

Without Sahara Reporters you won't have a clue of how corrupt Nigerian politicians are.
Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by Poleski: 3:19am On Sep 09, 2021
osuofia2:

Wow! You actually think the South can't survive without the North? You're absolutely delusional.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by Caseless: 3:30am On Sep 09, 2021
This idiot should have kept shut.
Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by dragunov: 4:10am On Sep 09, 2021
osuofia2:

can you deny the obvious,?

Well he is not! Isbit not obvious that famine is creepinh to yoir doorstep?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by dragunov: 4:13am On Sep 09, 2021
streetsoldier1:
i love the breakfast given to these northerners, this will open their heads and make them more creative, normally they are hardworking folks. What went wrong?

What went wrong is all brawn but no brains.

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by dragunov: 4:16am On Sep 09, 2021
GBOKASINCHA:
Nooo they must appease we southerners by giving each state 1000 yarinyas for enjoyment...no be only them sabi enjoy 72 virgins........ then they must make sure beer like oh mpa must be served in every wedding or occasion going on in the north till further notice ... then they can come for further negotiations

You want to sleep with girls smeared all over with local butter derived from cow milk, perfume derived from deer musk and eczema on the face?
Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by jimyjames(m): 4:17am On Sep 09, 2021
9jah:

I hear you my brother,that was a bizarre genocide,people like Ken Saro Wiwa ,Obasanjo and co , that indigenous Nigerians will help the Fulanis to wipe out another indigenous Nigerians, that have been cohating with them forever to gain some political share in a country run by foreigners,but we in diaspora are working hand in hand with all Indegenous Nigerians now -I concur with you ,we have try to seek help from them now ,what we Ndi-Igbo see sitting down, it took them many years of standing up with our enemies to see-I beg-Thank you Sir.
Peace bro

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Atiku Replies Nigerian On Twitter Who Asked Buhari To Reduce JAMB Cutoff Mark / Boko-Haram Tried To Kidnap 540 School-Girls At Bajoga, But Failed!! (Pictures) / Who Is The Dodgey Looking White Man Walking Behind Buhari?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.