Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,987 members, 7,873,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:16 AM

How To Start A Blog In Nigeria And Make Money - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Start A Blog In Nigeria And Make Money (298 Views)

Major Fibre Cut Takes Banks In Nigeria And South Africa Offline / How To Start An Educational Blog In Nigeria - Victorwinners.com / 6 Simple Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Blog In 5 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Start A Blog In Nigeria And Make Money by IdJack(m): 11:32pm On Sep 08, 2021
In Nigeria starting a blog might not be as difficult as you think it is. Nowadays, anybody can start and grow a successful blog from the comfort of their home. You can start a lucrative business with your blog and start making money right away.

Learn how to start a blog in Nigeria and make money with it. Follow this guide to get started.

Why Start a Blog
A blog is a great marketing tool for businesses, but the popularity of blogging is largely because it also offers ordinary people the opportunity to become stars as well as make a reasonable living from their blogs.

Choose what to Blog about

One of the first decisions you make after deciding you want to start a blog is to figure out what you will blog about. Some new bloggers fall into the trap of writing about everything that comes to mind.

Yes, blogging is about sharing your thoughts, research, and experience, but if you are interested in professional blogging that thought must be targeted at a clearly defined audience.

Remember that one of the goals of professional bloggers is to build a reputation. Certainly, you cannot build a reputation on everything.

You need to build a reputation on something. This is why before you start a blog, you have to give a long hard thought on what you want to be blogging about.

Your blog should be about your interest and passion. It should be about a topic you are happy discussing. It should be about something you are passionate about.

Passion is very important in blogging because it takes time and energy to build a reputation and make money from blogs and without passion you will certainly give up.

Top Blogging Niches for Bloggers
Here are a few niches to choose and start your blogging career in case you’re thinking of what to blog about in Nigeria.

Health
Personal finance
Online business
Travel
Affiliate Marketing
Fitness
Cryptocurrency
Wealth
Investing
News & Entertainment
Make Money online
Dieting

Choose a Blog Platform
A blog platform is an online software that enables you create and maintain a blog. A blogging platform offers you an easy to use interface for posting content to your blog.

You can write, format, and edit your posts, as well as add photos and videos to your posts via your blogging platform.

The blog platform also creates an easy interface for customizing the look and feel of your blogs. They also offer plug-ins and widgets for extending the functionality of your blog and making it more useful to your readers.

I will advise you to pick WordPress. WordPress has thousands of plugins that you can use to add lots of functionality to your blog and offers the level of customization that no other blogging platform offers. In addition, WordPress has a large community of users that can help you with any challenge you may run into.

Note that there are two types of WordPress: www. and www.wordPress.org . I am recommending WordPress.org, the self-hosted version. is similar to Blogger and share some of its limitations.

So, I recommend that if you have plans to start a blog, WordPress should be your first choice. You can also choose other blogging platforms like Blogger.com, Tumblr, and Medium.

Choose a Domain Name
A good domain name and a hosting account are the two very important elements of your blog. If you choose a funny domain name, your blog visitors will have a difficult time remembering your domain name and even your brand name.

You might be asking yourself what a domain name is? A domain name is simply the web address that leads to your blog and also the name of your blog is its central address on the internet.

A domain name is another little detail you need to get settled before you start a blog. Here are some tips on how to choose a domain name for your blog:

Choose short memorable domain names – Some of the best domains are short and memorable.

Add your keyword to your domain – If it is possible, add your major keyword to your domain name.

Consider future expansions – When choosing your domain name you need to consider the future expansion for your blog.

Use a popular TLD – Top Level Domains TLDs are letters that end a domain name eg. .com, .org, .net. .com is the most popular top level domain and should be your first choice. You can also try .org and .net in that order.

Avoid using other people’s brand names and registered names – Avoid using business brand names in your domain or registered brand names. This will ensure you do not run into legal trouble tomorrow.

In the same vein, your blog name should be as short as possible, memorable, and avoid using other people’s brand names or registered names.

Choose a Web Hosting Company

You have chosen a domain name. Now it is time to host your blog.

There are loads of good hosting companies out there. If you’re starting a WordPress, self-hosted blog, there are a near-endless amount of options.

A web hosting company is a service that stores the files that make up your blog on servers connected to the internet in such a way that they are accessible to your readers through your domain name.

The important thing is to do your due diligence and pick the right one that’s suitable to your budget and to ensure that the service-level and uptime guarantee is there.

In the beginning, you’ll likely want to start out with Shared Hosting Server and scale from there. Eventually, you’ll probably need a dedicated-hosting solution with a CDN (below) once you break through a few thousand visitors per day.

Bluehost offers cheap hosting package (as low as $2.95/mo) if you are looking for an affordable hosting company.

READ MORE: https://smartbusinessinfohub.com/how-to-start-a-blog-in-nigeria-and-make-money/

Re: How To Start A Blog In Nigeria And Make Money by ChewingStick(m): 10:07am On Sep 09, 2021
Well said.. Blogging is still very profitable.

There's a thread I'm updating to keep myself accountable on my blogging journey.
Re: How To Start A Blog In Nigeria And Make Money by IdJack(m): 12:13am On Sep 10, 2021
Yes blogging is still profitable.

That's what people don't know.

ChewingStick:
Well said.. Blogging is still very profitable.

There's a thread I'm updating to keep myself accountable on my blogging journey.

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Website Developer For A Payment Platform / Unofficial Nairaland 2.0 With React / I need help approving my Google adsense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.