Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,555 members, 7,944,665 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 09:13 PM

Nigerians Donate Flight Money To Man With Three Funded Scholarships To U.S - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerians Donate Flight Money To Man With Three Funded Scholarships To U.S (279 Views)

Nigerian Students Contributed $514m To U.S. Economy In 2018 / Apply For Fully-Funded Scholarships At Kyushu University, Japan 2018 / Apply For 2018 UNICAF Scholarships To Study In University Of South Wales (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Donate Flight Money To Man With Three Funded Scholarships To U.S by CampussNews: 6:08pm On Sep 09, 2021
Update from

A Nigerian man has shown appreciation to his countrymen for coming to his aid at a time he needed it most.

The man identified as Fabusola Gbenga had received three full-funded scholarship offers to do his PhD programme but he could not afford to travel out.

He had appealed to Nigerians in February 2021, saying he spent all his NYSC allowance trying to secure the scholarship.

The institutions he got accepted into were Oregon University, University of South Florida and Florida State University.

Gbenga’s target was N1.18 million for the necessary processing of his travel documents.

He had written; ”TWITTER PEOPLE HELP ME O!

I just received 3 FULLY FUNDED Ph.D scholarships abroad.

I have invested all my Allawee into this and I have no more money to process supplementary fees, flights, and accommodation.

Please, help me keep this dream alive.”

Immediately he made the cry for help, Nigerians started donating and he was able to raise the required funds and process his travel, Siggy reveals

Giving an update on 6th of September, the young man said he has arrived US and he expressed thanks to Nigerians for the support.

He shared a photo of himself in US and wrote

”Twitter people, Thank you!!!

I’m now in the US.

This is a win for us all.”

https:///nigerians-donate-flight-money-to-man-with-three-funded-scholarships-to-u-s/

Re: Nigerians Donate Flight Money To Man With Three Funded Scholarships To U.S by CampussNews: 6:08pm On Sep 09, 2021
Nigerians have good hearts.
Re: Nigerians Donate Flight Money To Man With Three Funded Scholarships To U.S by Bluntguy: 6:35pm On Sep 09, 2021
At times I wish we don't talk about break up of this country but when I remember some people I shake my head.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Donate Flight Money To Man With Three Funded Scholarships To U.S by CampussNews: 6:50pm On Sep 09, 2021
Bluntguy:
At times I wish we don't talk about break up of this country but when I remember some people I shake my head.

Elaborate, Sir.
Re: Nigerians Donate Flight Money To Man With Three Funded Scholarships To U.S by captainbangz: 10:23pm On Sep 09, 2021
I Thought Fully Funded Takes Care of Everything, Transport Included?

(1) (Reply)

Bhold Some Vital Life Lessons/truths That People Learn The Hard Way Or Too Late / Dr Mohammad Gishiwa : Yobe College Of Education Loses Provost To Death / 112 Students Withdraw From FUT Minna Due To Financial Struggles – Dep VC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.