Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,427 members, 7,884,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 06:28 PM

What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! (36186 Views)

See What Wole Soyinka Wrote About Fashola(pic) / The Truth About Fashola's Success / What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! Pt 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 6:57pm On May 24, 2011
emeka_gh:

Bigotry apart, how did u arrive at that conclusion. The fact that Fashola is over-hyped does not mean other's should believe it. The matter of good and better governor is subjective. So please let's stop the Fashola is better, fashola is best. It never helped the BB ticket, neither will it help fashola.

You mean his achievements are subjective and not real? Talk is cheap, the easiest way to convince us that the man is not good or other are better than him is to show us what the other governors are doing and how what they are doing towers over what Fashola is doing.

Until you do that, you are displaying nothing but rubbish and silly bad belle

Put your money where your mouth is, talk is cheap.

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by sbeezy8: 7:04pm On May 24, 2011
why are dudes hating on fashola?

i dont even giv two fuks about whut apkabio amechi are doing in thier states, so why are you on lagos' dik?

i dont plan on living there so i don giv a fuk about river or akwa ibom

quite amazing people talking shiot about gidi, yet remain living in gidi. no shame at all
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by DisGuy: 7:06pm On May 24, 2011
joecrack:

@jason123
really govs in the SS are really not disappointing,go to akwa ibom see transformation,rivers state have got the best puclic school system in nigeria,cross river leads in tourism,with calabar being the cleanest and most organised state capitals,edo,delta and bayelsa are also performing,only they are nt very much into publicity but like i earlier said it is their job and they are nt doing us a favour

what states like BAyelsa?

River state hasnt got the best public school system, they are building good beautiful public schools, the result is not know yet
How much does Cross river generate from tourism-under Liyel Imoke? we know how much Lagos generates under fashola, we are comparing governors right not only states
a state with 3million residents- shouldn't be too difficult to keep clean

Good things attracts investors and publicity

You rarely hear of people moving to Bayelsa cross river for job opportunities, why do you think this is?
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Mynd44: 7:07pm On May 24, 2011
True Fashola is hyped but if you live in Lagos, you would know that the hype is well deseved. And for such a high number of Lagosians to be hyped up about something means there is something beneath the surface.
I know how much Nigerians hate to part with their money and still i know people who would take time off  work to pay taxes then that should make you wonder. I know people who only voted in the governorship elections are you saying they are made
it is cos they believe

1 Like

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by sbeezy8: 7:08pm On May 24, 2011
when everyone leaves lagos n migrates to riverstate n akwa ibom then you can talk then till then stfu. n stop bitchin
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by kupy: 9:28pm On May 24, 2011
mr.fool, can u tell me ur state of origin and d achivcement of ur governor.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by BigB11(m): 9:55pm On May 24, 2011
Poverty will remain the middle name of 80% of Nigerians, but the elite section of Lagos State will continue to be attractive and unaffordable (I guess, that's enough for some of us to praise Gov Fashola and call him the greatest governor ever).
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Beaf: 10:46pm On May 24, 2011
emeka_gh:

Bigotry apart, how did u arrive at that conclusion. The fact that Fashola is over-hyped does not mean other's should believe it. The matter of good and better governor is subjective. So please let's stop the Fashola is better, fashola is best. It never helped the BB ticket, neither will it help fashola.

As far as performance is concerned Fashola, Chime, Lamido and Amaechi are in the same class, but Akpabio is better than all. However, Fashola stands head and shoulders above the lot in PR. Lagos states PR is bloody good. Its one hell of an oiled machine, like sinewed sportsman, glistening with potence.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by silverstud: 11:09pm On May 24, 2011
Dude !!! He is doing a Good Job, Give him Credit and Move on, He maybe overhyped, but in a society as ours where mediocrity is celebrated, we gotta give credit to people who perform their duties as well.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by DisGuy: 11:16pm On May 24, 2011
When was the last time you read an opposition member in Lagos has been kidnapped and incacerated in Abuja or kidnapped and his wife tortured?

Poverty will remain the middle name of 80% of Nigerians, but the elite section of Lagos State will continue to be attractive and unaffordable (I guess, that's enough for some of us to praise Gov Fashola and call him the greatest governor ever).

And the elite section of Abuja, PH, Delta are very affordable to the average joe knowing how scarce non-public jobs are in these cities?
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by dayokanu(m): 11:19pm On May 24, 2011
Compare Fashola to any governor

Stating their icome and Population

One would realize that Fashola is way ahead of others.

Compare Lagos income and Population side by side with any state
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EPOMA(m): 12:43am On May 25, 2011
Eko Ile:

All talk, no action, no pictures,

una no dey shame?

Thank you for your comment, wetin Akwa Ibom do or Rivers in terms of the money they get
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Justcash(m): 12:52am On May 25, 2011
bk.babe97y:

And your thieving, "Enemies of Progress" Ibo Governors woulda been hailed as reformists and progressives, right?

Man, fxcuk outta here!

Lol! You this Akata G'ay eediot, what is your issue with Nigerians? You sniff coke, Poke latino minors and come here to pour out your frustration?
Today, you'll insult Nigerians, tomorrow, you'll claim Yorooba. You are a F'oolish, red head, akata wondering d'ick juice seeking piece of rag from a land of brainless eediots. Go watch mac and me, you'll see where your alien parents are from.
Stay off Nigerian issues, you have no business init. No let me face you, because you'll end up shitting in your pant as usual. G'ay Fo'ol without bounds
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EPOMA(m): 12:53am On May 25, 2011
Beaf:

As far as performance is concerned Fashola, Chime, Lamido and Amaechi are in the same class, but Akpabio is better than all. However, Fashola stands head and shoulders above the lot in PR. Lagos states PR is bloody good. Its one hell of an oiled machine, like sinewed sportsman, glistening with potence.

Can someone help me tell BEAF to concentrate and support his GEJ. you don have a clue about akwa Ibom. Do you know how much comes to the purse of akwa Ibom in a month? Please tell me what he has done. Am not going to say much.

Godswill spend  28 Billion  Naira to biuld, paid Arik air 2 billion naira to fly Uyo route which was a fraud. when you are ready we can talk about this man
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by manny4life(m): 12:54am On May 25, 2011
Hmmm

Fashola has done a great job; however, I think he's over hyped but hey if he deserves it, then he does. What many governors need to  start doing is generating income for their states. Many states have so many potential that they could harness from.

How much does Cross river generate from tourism-under Liyel Imoke? we know how much Lagos generates under fashola, we are comparing governors right not only states

You rarely hear of people moving to Bayelsa cross river for job opportunities, why do you think this is?

A state of 18million people as well given the resources shouldn't be a feat to clean either. Rivers have made $2billion like Lagos did already because the Govt simply doesn't know to harness their resources to attract revenues. Good things attract investors but you have to work at finding those investors before what u have attract them; they just don't know it's there. Many states have a long way to go to generate revenues aggressively like Lagos does and that will help them in the long run.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by manny4life(m): 12:55am On May 25, 2011
Justcash:

You this Akata G'ay eediot, what is your issue with Nigerians? You sniff coke, Poke latino minors and come here to pour out your frustration?
Today, you'll insult Nigerians, tomorrow, you'll claim Yorooba. You are a F'oolish, red head, akata wondering d'ick juice seeking piece of rag from a land of brainless eediots. Go watch mac and me, you'll see where your alien parents are from.
Stay off Nigerian issues, you have no business init. No let me face you, because you'll end up shitting in your pant as usual. G'ay Fo'ol without bounds

LOL cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

AKATA First Class, you cannot compare.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by jmaine: 1:06am On May 25, 2011
Eko Ile:

All talk, no action, no pictures,

una no dey shame?

If na by picture, James Ibori go don win best governor ever year in year out throughout him tenure . . oboy, no try Ibori media machinery oo! the guy use pisure take finish story on top dividends of democracy . . .
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Beaf: 1:10am On May 25, 2011
EPOMA:

Can someone help me tell BEAF to concentrate and support his GEJ. you don have a clue about akwa Ibom. Do you know how much comes to the purse of akwa Ibom in a month? Please tell me what he has done. Am not going to say much.

Godswill spend  28 Billion  Naira to biuld, paid Arik air 2 billion naira to fly Uyo route which was a fraud. when you are ready we can talk about this man

Everyone knows Akpabio is excellent. We can all read up on Akwa Ibom and how far he has brought it.
I won't argue with you if you lean toward Akwa Ibom ACN though, cos that might raise bias and we'll never see eye to eye. wink
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Beaf: 1:13am On May 25, 2011
jmaine:

If na by picture, James Ibori go don win best governor ever year in year out throughout him tenure . . oboy, no try Ibori media machinery oo! the guy use pisure take finish story on top dividends of democracy . . .

LOL!!

Ibori performed as much as he stole. Di guy try well sha! But he deserves his place in jail too. cool
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 1:18am On May 25, 2011
jmaine:

Olodo can't read and comprehend, Is ibori the governor of rivers state?

Even sef, the only ibori picture doing anything are the pictures of him in jail, pictures of the rolls and mansions he bought with the money he looted from his own people.

We're talking about better people and this clown is talking about criminals and international fugitives.

You have Bleep'ed up values.

Now, if any of you hating clowns have pics, post or STFU.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by manny4life(m): 1:22am On May 25, 2011
^^^^ No offense but seriously u need to tone it down.

You asked for pictures, and he replied if it was by pictures, ibori won and you're here justifying the picture? Seriously?

Oh well, me think it's really not that serious for u to tell someone they have effed u values because they simply do not agree with you.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Justcash(m): 1:27am On May 25, 2011
manny4life:

You asked for pictures, and he replied if it was by pictures, ibori won and you're here justifying the picture? Seriously?

Oh well, me think it's really not that serious for u to tell someone they have effed u values because they simply do not agree with you.

You dey mind am? Very soon, he will face Igbos and blame them for going against his belief. SMH
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by ektbear: 1:28am On May 25, 2011
@OP: Fashola is the best administrator in naija, period. Governors and president included.

However, part of this is just because the competition isn't doing as well as they should. People aren't used to good government, so they become surprised when they get it.

BTW, for those claiming it is purely media hype. . . well then the hype machine has done an excellent job of bamboozling the following organizations:
1) Ambassadors (Read what the US ambassador wrote about him on Huffington Post, for example.)
2) foreign investors
3) international media
4) Other nigerian governors
5) The credit rating agency that rates Lagos State's credit as strong as that of Nigeria's

All sentiments aside, we know who is performing the best. Just some for various reasons will refuse to admit it.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Justcash(m): 1:33am On May 25, 2011
ekt_bear:

@OP: Fashola is the best administrator in naija, period. Governors and president included.

However, part of this is just because the competition isn't doing as well as they should. People aren't used to good government, so they become surprised when they get it.

BTW, for those claiming it is purely media hype. . . well then the hype machine has done an excellent job of bamboozling the following organizations:
1) Ambassadors (Read what the US ambassador wrote about him on Huffington Post, for example.)
2) foreign investors
3) international media
5) The credit rating agency that rates Lagos State's credit as strong as that of Nigeria's

All sentiments aside, we know who is performing the best. Just some for various reasons will refuse to admit it.

The post is not about which governor is performing the best. It is about the uselessness of the hype about Fashola when he is not doing anything extra -ordinary (Especially for someone that has seen it all in developed countries). Your statement in bold is a good answer for the post.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by manny4life(m): 1:39am On May 25, 2011
ekt_bear:

2) foreign investors
3) international media

No one is disputing the fact that he is the best; the content of the matter is that he is over-hyped as it is. Come to think of it, you answered it in your own post, but hey if he's over-hyped, well I guess he deserves the hype from people who haven't seen it let alone feel it. For instance someone like me though I give him due credit but I sure ain't hyped like Eko-Ile because I guess we have different experiences. It takes a lot to hype me because at least I've seen it all or some of it.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by ektbear: 1:39am On May 25, 2011
@Justcash: I disagree. The hype wouldn't be there if what he were doing were common in Africa.

Frankly speaking, it is not. So relative to the governance most are able to obtain on this continent, he is doing "extraordinarily" well.

Now, how does he stack up against say Western administrators?

He'd probably be well above average even compared to US governors. I'd certainly take him over Arnold Schwarzenegger of California, for example. That guy didn't really do a good job, imo
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Justcash(m): 1:44am On May 25, 2011
ekt_bear:

@Justcash: I disagree. The hype wouldn't be there if what he were doing were common in Africa.

Frankly speaking, it is not. So relative to the governance most are able to obtain on this continent, he is doing "extraordinarily" well.

He'd probably be well above average even compared to US governors. I'd certainly take him over Arnold Schwarzenegger of California, for example. That guy didn't really do a good job, imo

And there you go. LMAO!
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by manny4life(m): 1:45am On May 25, 2011
ekt_bear:

Please don't start brother, compared to who exactly? Is it that he did not do the job or a good job? Keep in mind that California being the one of the top 5 economic dependent states in the U.S. and financially bankrupt, please let me know exactly what he could have done and done well. It's only someone who doesn't know CA that will criticize them, I hope you're from CA and know what you talking about. CA and Lagos are no MATCH at all; population, economic wise et.al
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by ektbear: 1:46am On May 25, 2011
Let's be real.

The reason why people are downplaying his accomplishments are:
A) He is in the ACN
B) He is Yoruba

Bluntly speaking, that is the reason why this happening, right? Let's be real with ourselves.

Those who don't care about either of these factors (e.g., the US ambassador I mentioned) will be honest. Or the analysis from the Economist. Or the credit agencies that are trying to assess a state's ability to repay a loan. They don't give a crap about ACN, Yoruba, etc. All they care about is performance.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 1:48am On May 25, 2011
manny4life:

1. To start with, I didn't quote or ask him for any pictures or was in any kind of back n forth with him, but he showed up to throw some useless convict, a criminal and an international fugitive in my face. Are we talking about criminals and convicts now? No of course.

2. It wasn't a back n forth so there was nothing to agree or disagree with and he wasn't trying to have any kind of meaningful dialogue, his was just to sling mud. There's  nothing to agree or disagree with about posting pictures. I f you don't have any pictures, shut up, keep it moving and stop bothering me. I didn't even ask him anyways.

3. He crossed the line and he got the appropriate response which I'll repeat a million times over as needed

We are all here to have meaningful debate about our country, but some are not interested in all that, they peddle trash and I have no time and zero tolerance for all that.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by ektbear: 1:50am On May 25, 2011
manny4life:

Please don't start brother, compared tows who exactly? Is it that he did not do the job or a good job? Keep in mind that California being the one of the top 5 economic dependent states in the U.S. and financially bankrupt, please let me know exactly what he could have done and done well. It's only someone who doesn't know CA that will criticize them, I hope you're from CA and know what you talking about. CA and Lagos are no MATCH at all; population, economic wise et.al

I've lived in California for almost 5 years now. Arnold didn't do a good job here. Constant budget crises, bankruptcy, issuing i.o.u.s, an inability to control different political factions and build (political) bridges.

Now granted, I'm not an expert on local politics. But those I know who've lived here all their lives and are politically knowledgeable also say the same thing.

Fashola > Arnold probably isn't controversial at all. . . Arnold simply didn't do well
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by DisGuy: 1:50am On May 25, 2011
manny4life:

Hmmm

Fashola has done a great job; however, I think he's over hyped but hey if he deserves it, then he does. What many governors need to  start doing is generating income for their states. Many states have so many potential that they could harness from.

A state of 18million people as well given the resources shouldn't be a feat to clean either. Rivers have made $2billion like Lagos did already because the Govt simply doesn't know to harness their resources to attract revenues. Good things attract investors but you have to work at finding those investors before what u have attract them; they just don't know it's there. Many states have a long way to go to generate revenues aggressively like Lagos does and that will help them in the long run.

finding it difficult to understand if you are quoting me, replying to any parts of my post or .   .   .?

Cleaning up lagos with its bursting population isnt as straightforward as cleaning up Calabar irrespective of its current resources, there are huge infrastructural gaps and social investments competing for the state generated funds.

I dont understand the other part.  .   . are you posting from a mobile?

Good things attract investors and pr: Apart from the FG lagos state government probably has attracts more private sector funding (local/international) even without oil- Hence the PR, the rest are just flying in and out of Abuja pushing paper

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

4 RCCG Kidnapped Members Rescued By Police In Ogun / Peter Obi's E-Campaign Dwarfs APC And PDP As Kwankwaso Struggles To Fit In / Dino Melaye Shares 16 Yrs Photos Of Him, Hon Ndudi Elumelu And Babangida Ngoroje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.