Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,154 members, 7,943,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 08:13 AM

Diary Of An Aspiring Entrepreneur - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Diary Of An Aspiring Entrepreneur (207 Views)

Discover The Most Important Things Every Aspiring Entrepreneur Must Know / 10 Things No One Will Tell You About Being An Entrepreneur / How To Get Bet’s N3 Million Seed Capital As An Aspiring Entrepreneur In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Diary Of An Aspiring Entrepreneur by africonn: 10:59pm On Sep 10, 2021
Introduction

``writing and being articulate are deadly skills. `` -> Jordan Peterson

Pardon my writing skill, I am here to learn and i am sure you would too.

With this in mind welcome to my dairy which i know i will rarely update, why? You will know i as progress with the thread. I am a software developer (not an engineer yet) and i run a very small youtube channel (with just 500 subs), I write go, python, javascript and recently solidity, my biggest aspiration in life is to become an entrepreneur, I created a general web forum ( formerly www.africonn.com) now africonn.pythonanywhere.com last year, It didn't fail technically, I just didn't ship it to users because of reasons, I am going to talk about later.

Forgive my writing and grammar skills, point out where i err.
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Entrepreneur by africonn: 10:33pm On Sep 15, 2021
Focus

`What you focus on, is what multiplies. `

What's focus? Off my head, I would say the art of undivided attention. Why is it so fvcking hard to decide, why do I keep moving in a circles, life is just hard, but a focused mind has more chance to see and grab opportunities. Jim Kwik compares the human mind to a restless monkey which loves swinging all around without reasons. Naturally, we are only focused when deprived, now that most people live comfortably and with the advent of the internet, it becomes much harder to focus.

Here are the reasons for lack of focus I know:
1. Availability of multiple possible options
2. Greed
3. Short term thinking, which is common to almost everyone, except few.

Lack of focus, is a real problem, if you cannot focus on a goal or task, how can you achieve your dream or move at a faster pace.

Are you confused at some point in your life with multiple options? How did you solve this problem?

There are scientific methods in economics and computer science to solve this problem but most human problems are beyond logic or knowledge, if so every one who listen to motivational speaker should be a millionaire by now.
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Entrepreneur by africonn: 11:32pm On Sep 16, 2021
Leverage
``` I would define leverage as an ability to take advantage of other people's resources. (in a win-win way)```

The most important thing in business is knowing how to use leverage, It's what sets a lonely loser from a winning leader. There are different kinds of leverage time, money, people, etc.

Poor man's mindset
``I can do everything on my own, the eventually don't do anything``

There are many times, I feel like I can build a market-ready cloud-based software business myself, I know it will end up a waste of valuable time because I can't simply deliver the best on my own. Team works matters, As a software developer, I reject clients who want to build a start-up and have the budget for hiring only me, why? such projects never fly, so why waste my time? Time leverage is when you use other people's time for your own's good, so money leverage.

Benefit of leverage
- You do more
- Make business scale
-
Why people don't leverage
- It's riskier. A lone wolf has nothing to lose. But a CEO has to lick the butt of investors
- It's expensive. You don't get to use other people's time for free except it's your mum's.

Weigh the pro and cons. Use leverage on concrete ideas, so as to rip the benefits. Don't leverage on useless stuff e.g. Using the money you have to pay back on an untested business model.

Learn to leverage today and live a more fulfilling life!

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Price Of Cooking Gas In Your Area. It Costs N600 Per Kg In New Haven / What Have You Achieved As An Uber / Bolt Driver? / Contact Us For Wholesale Of Genuie Hp Toner Cartridges And Inks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.