Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,434 members, 7,937,328 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 09:03 PM

Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business (15531 Views)

I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola / Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? / 13 Billionaires Who Started Their Business With Nothing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Greenvaiper: 1:45pm On Sep 11, 2021
bigcee:

You go get big eyes oh. You dey even mention dollars grin grin grin grin

That one na career beggar. Na deM full nairaland

1 Like

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by 22marvelous(m): 1:46pm On Sep 11, 2021
Crossroad1:
Remember I helped a friend fund a photography business back then and it cost me..
When I needed this guy to help another friend who is not a mutual friend, the guy was short of cash and he needed photo and video for his wedding. So I contacted this my friend although I know he is not gonna do it for free but just reduce price from 900k to 300k cos of me, alaye stopped picking my call and when this my friend called him direct, this is what he said..
**shey because he help me set up business na why he dey follow me talk nonsense abi? Shey na him train me ni?
When I no get money go training center, shey him fund me ni? Oga if you no fit pay 850k,make una Bleep off..
This was recorded..
I just laugh it off..
This is someone I got camera for, drone and screens.
And even gave him some cash because he was just starting up then..
I told myself, if am gonna help people, I will help and do my own for God but that someone will now come and start forcing my hand, na curse the person go collect.

Am versed in photography, do photobook, frame and video, you will still have enough change from that 300k
Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 11, 2021
Oyerinde16:

That's my own biggest problem, I feel bad trying to cut off a child hood friend cos of money, seems they know and keep capitalising on it...
Drives me crazy when people who have a job and educated can't manage their finances.

1 Like

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by 22marvelous(m): 1:58pm On Sep 11, 2021
[quote author=22marvelous post=105711666][/quote]Good afternoon sir,happy weekend, my name is chima Michael, an indigene of imo state from ngor okpala local government area,I came across your mention, and I was fascinated with the number of skills you had at ur disposal sir,I would love for you to take me under your tutelage and teach me the likes of Photography and video editing,it has been my passion to acquire such skills,but paucity of funds has been my major setback,I would forever be indebted to you sir if you can teach me the ropes pertaining the skills,I am based In Lagos state sir,and here is my mobile number 08139224904,thank you sir as you put my request into consideration
Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by DeLaRue: 2:01pm On Sep 11, 2021
Mide3367:
I lent my friend 500k to facilitate a business loan of about 20m since march. Till now, i never see money

This looks like a scam.

How does someone qualify for a N20m loan if he doesn't even have N500k of his own.

2 Likes

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by emmyN(m): 2:07pm On Sep 11, 2021
Sonnobax15:
undecided
I learnt from what happened to my eldest sister....She left her shop (lumbering) for her friend while she went to assist her husband in his own business....Her friend betrayed the trust she had for her..From my sister's business,she built her own house,and even opened a bigger shop....My sister had to chase her off...

Since then,my sister experience don run enter me....I rather do my business than share or even fund a Nigha man's business, unless say I just feel like dash am the money.

Did she crash your sister's business or something? You guys just bitter she made progress from it?
Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Treasure17(m): 2:09pm On Sep 11, 2021
onomej4u:
Borrowed my cousin N2.75m for his fuel station business between 2009 and January 2011 as he was seriously begging for my financial assistance to support his business. Till date, he only paid back N1.5m, remaining N1.25m but he is claiming he is oweing me N0.25m.
I showed him all the deposit. Slips used in paying to his account and all the debits in my account statement from the bank. Asked him to go and confirm same from his bank but he is asking me to come with him to a shrine and swear juju though he is a lawyer that should know the right thing to do.
As a christian, I can never visit juju house to recover my outstanding money. I have leave him to God to judge. I can never have anything to do with him again.
Don't just understand why its difficult for some people to pay back the money they borrowed at agree time. Mum warned me not to borrow anyone money but can assist the person with the little I can afford. I didn't listen but now I wish I did. Borrowed someone six figures since August last year and he's yet to pay. If I had invested that money in crypto, only God knows how much I would have gained. Have learnt my lesson the hard way.

2 Likes

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Sonnobax15(m): 2:10pm On Sep 11, 2021
emmyN:

Did she crash your sister's business or something? You guys just bitter she made progress from it?
Guy,just shut up if you don't know wetin xup.... Person run with my sister money,you dey misyan rubbish.....big fool undecided

4 Likes

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by 22marvelous(m): 2:17pm On Sep 11, 2021
Crossroad1:
Remember I helped a friend fund a photography business back then and it cost me..
When I needed this guy to help another friend who is not a mutual friend, the guy was short of cash and he needed photo and video for his wedding. So I contacted this my friend although I know he is not gonna do it for free but just reduce price from 900k to 300k cos of me, alaye stopped picking my call and when this my friend called him direct, this is what he said..
**shey because he help me set up business na why he dey follow me talk nonsense abi? Shey na him train me ni?
When I no get money go training center, shey him fund me ni? Oga if you no fit pay 850k,make una Bleep off..
This was recorded..
I just laugh it off..
I told myself, if am gonna help people, I will help and do my own for God but that someone will now come and start forcing my hand, na curse the person go collect.

Am versed in photography, do photobook, frame and video, you will still have enough change from that 300k

Good afternoon sir, my name is chima Michael Ewelike, an indigene of imo state from ngor okpala local government area,I am based in Lagos state sir, I ve been one of ur fans and admirers for a while now,but I never knew you were into photography,frame and video editing,it has been my passion to learn such skills,but paucity of funds has been my major setback,I would forever be indebted to you sir if you can take me under your tutelage and teach me this skills that I ve passion for, I am versatile,hard working, dedicated,God fearing and humble,pls give me a chance to prove my abilities sir, and i promise you that you will never regret knowing me, here is my mobile number 08139224904.
I hope you put my request into consideration, thank you sir and God bless you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by sylve11: 2:22pm On Sep 11, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
The ones wey still dey answer 'mummy thank you' go soon invade this thread with tall tales.

Aaaaaanndd we have our first contestant grin

lwkmd grin cool
Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by MeghaneMorgane(f): 2:27pm On Sep 11, 2021
Mine didn’t end badly. He wanted to go abroad, he asked me to support him by funding his account so that he could get the visa. He gave me an MOU to sign. He said it’s to protect me and make sure I get back my money from him, but I didn’t sign because I trusted him that much. Now he is abroad, and I’m happy for him. He has returned my money. We are still very good and close friends. I’m glad God used me to contribute positively to his life.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Tobechuckwu(m): 2:28pm On Sep 11, 2021
bigcee:

Oga, the topic ain't about "good friends"

The topic is all about " Ur experience with helping friends fund their business"

It can't all be about d negative friends

1 Like

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 11, 2021
Na you dey on that DP? Wow! and you trade crypto,wonderful
Leezah:
cry

Someone gave my friend 1m to trade Crypto because he is quite good at it.

Two weeks after buying a coin, he made a 300K profit.The person was happy. Then he bought another coin that dipped and lost 100K from the 300K profit.The person began harassing him about losing her money

I mean, the 100K that was lost was from a profit. The capital is still there with a 200K profit IN TWO WEEKS the person didn't work for. Easy money, but the 100K loss from a money that isn't technically yours yet is what you're worked up about. Greed is a sin

One thing I've learnt from my little experience in dealing with Crypto (in fact all form of investment) is to NOT BE GREEDY, be grateful for little gains and always be ready for bad days. It is okay to lose as long as it doesn't bankrupt you. 1.2m from 1m is still profit $110 from $100 is still profit.

Btw, this friend of mine started trading during last year's lockdown and he's gotten quite good at it. He recently initiated me.

If you're yet to key into the race of the moment, you should. Start off by getting tips from those experienced in the business (but don't be greedy)

One of the best ways to start off is by following this ****(check my signature) on telegram for signals for trading. I'd recommend them for crypto, stock and Forex where they have expertise.

You can join and benefit from their guidance/tips and other advance services.

Simple advice, don't trade for anyone!
The psychological stamina when trading with your money is different from when you trade with other people's money because if things go south, you can recoup it yourself but when it's other people's funds, you'll be pressured.
Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 11, 2021
MeghaneMorgane:
Mine didn’t end badly. He wanted to go abroad, he asked me to support by funding his account so that he could get the visa. He gave me an MOU to sign but I didn’t sign because I trusted him that much. Now he is abroad, and I’m happy for him. He has returned my money. We are still very good and close friends. I’m glad I could contribute positively to his life.
That's the kind of friends I want
Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by marsup: 2:32pm On Sep 11, 2021
Opened a restaurant outside the country, invited my friend over, with the hope that, I and my friend, who was struggling at the time, will split the profit. One penny I didn’t get. So ungrateful to point of trying to ruin my relationship with my other friends. Finally kicked the small bitch out. She’s on nairaland. You know yourself.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Yaks02(m): 2:39pm On Sep 11, 2021
Philipmems:
Don't do it, gave someone $5000 for almost 4 years now not a cent. Although it's nothing compared to what I earn monthly, it's just the principle and the betrayal that hurts.

That shouldn't stop you from giving out to others willingly or voluntarily
People like me
Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Leezah(f): 2:45pm On Sep 11, 2021
dancok:
Na you dey on that DP? Wow! and you trade crypto,wonderful
Is crypto by beauty? Oga join me and trade it, check my signature for details
Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by ThierryJay: 2:48pm On Sep 11, 2021
My policy is to only lend out money to people/friends that I know are gainfully employed and have the capacity to repay.

My friends/acquaintance who are hustling and come to me for loan of anything above 40k, I politely tell them I have pressing needs that has used up any idle cash I have. But I will still go ahead to assist them with not more than 20k as gift not loan.

I tried to understand people's psychology of why they dont repay loans especially hustlers. I noticed that once they see that you are well off and have borrowed from you, even when they now have capacity to pay, they'd think that you dont really need the money since you are still having regular cashflows. So they start avoiding you.

Another reason is that there are some people who had bad experience lending money to friends who didn't repay, when things go south, they also then start to borrow without having intention to repay cos they feel they've earned the right to default.

So anyone who comes to me, I try to assess the psychology behind that person's need. Not 100% failproof but still effective for the most part.

8 Likes

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Mide3367: 2:51pm On Sep 11, 2021
DeLaRue:

This looks like a scam.

How does someone qualify for a N20m loan if he doesn't even have N500k of his own.
maybe.. But he buried his father in law the next day

1 Like

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Jamesz12: 2:52pm On Sep 11, 2021
Baba abeg which work be that. Please put me through. I'm jobless for now. I can do anything
Philipmems:
Don't do it, gave someone $5000 for almost 4 years now not a cent. Although it's nothing compared to what I earn monthly, it's just the principle and the betrayal that hurts.
Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Jabar2017: 2:56pm On Sep 11, 2021
paulolee:
my dad made dt mistake n the gee change am for am when profits started raining..
it was a transport business n my dad loaned him 500k back then and they both agreed on 20% interest..
when the business click, the man sideline my dad, change sim, bought more vehicles, built ous in village n rented a new ous in lag..
no be small wahala o, my dad was even begging for his 500k back and the so called friend just gave him 300k and said he would complete it letter n dt was how he finally left for Ghana up till now.
but even with all these, my dad keep saying dt he av forgiven him n keep telling us dt we shouldn't allow the wrongs of that his friend make us lose respect for him if we ever see him n also we shouldn't transfer d sins of that man on his children if they need our help letter in life..
ur dad is a great man I swear,people who never use evil to pay evil...
Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by evioke(m): 3:11pm On Sep 11, 2021
michael1508:

Your last statement is top notch,I get that often recently especially from people that have not even beeped you for once,they hit u up via your online update calling boss,Odogwu,Oga mi,they exercise small patience,let say a day or two and then go for the kill " can I get like 2k till month end".
I have really dropped plenty leeches this year to be honest, they don't improve you in anyway,just to suck you dry and look for their next victim
Truly,we don't need much people in our lives,only important people actually matter.
My kind hearted nature has led me into helping the wrong folks so many times.
These days I only folly round family (nuclear),business partners and my clients
It's well,shallom!!!
You just nailed it, some people using you as a pipe to suck and drain, boom, off they zoom you won't see them again. Till they need another help

1 Like

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Crossroad1(m): 3:28pm On Sep 11, 2021
22marvelous:

Good afternoon sir, my name is chima Michael Ewelike, an indigene of imo state from ngor okpala local government area,I am based in Lagos state sir, I ve been one of ur fans and admirers for a while now,but I never knew you were into photography,frame and video editing,it has been my passion to learn such skills,but paucity of funds has been my major setback,I would forever be indebted to you sir if you can take me under your tutelage and teach me this skills that I ve passion for, I am versatile,hard working, dedicated,God fearing and humble,pls give me a chance to prove my abilities sir, and i promise you that you will never regret knowing me, here is my mobile number 08139224904.
I hope you put my request into consideration, thank you sir and God bless you.
heyaaa a sorry brother, I left photography almost 4yrs ago now, no vex baba
Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Amhappy(f): 3:37pm On Sep 11, 2021
Crossroad1:
bro, have seen people who go all out for you when they don't even know you.. If not for the circumstances at that time, I won't even ask.
I was the one footing the 300k
Only a grateful heart appreciates good done to him. His reaction is only excusable if it's a frequent request. During the planning of a friend's dad burial a man showed up and took up undertaking service free of charge. The man is an undertaker and the dad helped him land a huge contract. His family didn't even know that he gave such help to anyone.

1 Like

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Crossroad1(m): 3:41pm On Sep 11, 2021
Amhappy:

Only a grateful heart appreciates good done to him. His reaction is only excusable if it's a frequent request. During the planning of a friend's dad burial a man showed up and took up undertaking service free of charge. The man is an undertaker and the dad helped him land a huge contract. His family didn't even know that he gave such help to anyone.
you are wise, thanks.. So many people won't understand..
I was still the one who paid the 300k cos then, I was cash trapped
Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by MeghaneMorgane(f): 3:41pm On Sep 11, 2021
GhanaBurger:
That's the kind of friends I want

I hope you get those kinds of friends. They are the best. People you can really rely on when you need help.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 11, 2021
I helped a friend in loan for cars shipping/auto parts business, as I gave dude money the Following day less than 27 hrs 33 mins (I still store the hour for brain) story enter the money.

***WELL***
I dont have a friend that can assist me because they are envy for nothing.
"You get money pass your friend but you no like him little progress"

We solicits for investment in housing property with reasonable ROI. (Not land but already built houses)
All I need is an investor partner to partner with me reach a goal.
Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Kobicove(m): 3:51pm On Sep 11, 2021
ejibaba:
Lost 80k
Regretted later

Only 80K?

You're lucky!

If I tell you my experience with trying to help friends with business funding sad
Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by BennyDGreat: 4:06pm On Sep 11, 2021
Crossroad1:
This was recorded..
I just laugh it off..

May God give you the strength to move on no matter how tough it looks
Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Crossroad1(m): 4:08pm On Sep 11, 2021
BennyDGreat:

May God give you the strength to move on no matter how tough it looks
move on how? This happened about four years ago, the topic just brought back memories.. I didn't even think about it
Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:52pm On Sep 11, 2021
Mide3367:
I lent my friend 500k to facilitate a business loan of about 20m since march. Till now, i never see money

Always direct them to the bank,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers / Reps Wants CBN To Sanction Banks Casualizing Staff / Life As A Nurse – The Male Perspective

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.