Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,168 members, 7,880,648 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:42 PM

The Biggest Liar Of Them All Is Your Own Brain. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Biggest Liar Of Them All Is Your Own Brain. (648 Views)

Is She A Chronic Liar Or Is This Madness? / Whoever Said Money No Good For Body, Is A Bastard Liar (pics) >:( / What Is The Biggest Amount You Have Given A Girl You Dated Or Flirted With? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Biggest Liar Of Them All Is Your Own Brain. by dealordea(m): 5:16pm On May 24, 2011
Have you ever viewed yourself in a way that you really weren't
Like did you think you were fat, but weren't much at all?
Did you think you were a friendly, caring person but were actually pretty selfish and not too nice?
Did you think you knew a lot about something in particular or about everything in general, but actually didn't know anything much at all?

I'm assuming that all of us have made false judgments about ourselves only later to realize how wrong we were. Sometimes these falsehoods come to light an hour later, or even a decade later.

I'm assuming that these false images of ourselves do cause tremendous difficulties in our lives and forever change our destinies. Even as we age, we might still have many of these illusions, but I'm guessing most of them occur while in the schooling years and 20's,
And this does have very much to do with relationships, because if we can so badly mistake who we are or how we look or what we do, how can we expect someone else to truly love us for us? Does your partner only love you for your false mirage you proudly glare, would he/she still be there if your true self was exposed? Or does your partner actually know your true self more than you could ever know your own self? Is it just a blindness we have as humans not to be able to look inward?
Re: The Biggest Liar Of Them All Is Your Own Brain. by MrCork17: 5:22pm On May 24, 2011
deal_ordea.  Bro. is your brain divided into 7?  undecided
Re: The Biggest Liar Of Them All Is Your Own Brain. by Dyt(f): 5:49pm On May 24, 2011
Na
she doest understand
*reads again*
Re: The Biggest Liar Of Them All Is Your Own Brain. by MMM3(m): 10:09pm On May 24, 2011
angry
Re: The Biggest Liar Of Them All Is Your Own Brain. by tpia5: 10:15pm On May 24, 2011
respond to other people's threads, even if your views are freakier than a four legged chicken.

it takes courage, i know, but you have to start somewhere.

it will help your self esteem too, and allow you to reconnect with the real online world.

@ poster.
Re: The Biggest Liar Of Them All Is Your Own Brain. by iice(f): 7:53am On May 25, 2011
lol

You have a point @ OP. Just that people are usually too caught up with this and that to actually pay attention to who they really are.

BTW i've never viewed myself as anything other than myself. Always have.
Re: The Biggest Liar Of Them All Is Your Own Brain. by dealordea(m): 8:21am On May 25, 2011
@iice, Thanks for the respond, you can take Tpia as an example, She never pay attention to herself,

(1) (Reply)

My Ex Wedding . / Who Lies More? Men Or Women? / Pls Be Honest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.