Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,255 members, 7,970,898 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 05:30 PM

UN's "3 Baby Plan" For Nigerian Families - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UN's "3 Baby Plan" For Nigerian Families (6812 Views)

INVESTIGATION: How Children From Rich Nigerian Families Help Finance Boko Haram / INVESTIGATION: How Children From Rich Nigerian Families Help Finance Boko Haram / Breaking!!! 158 Kidnapped Victims Reunite With Families In Yobe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UN's "3 Baby Plan" For Nigerian Families by uchlukez(f): 2:25pm On May 25, 2011
With all these abokis scattering almajiris as if d world is comin to an end?
Re: UN's "3 Baby Plan" For Nigerian Families by EgbeNak: 2:39pm On May 25, 2011
Dis people no well. Let me see how they will enforce it.
Re: UN's "3 Baby Plan" For Nigerian Families by Kanana(m): 2:40pm On May 25, 2011
THE AMAKA:

Nigeria should raise it's living standards and then this won't be an issue. backward politicians.

Gbam. Family planning takes a natural course. When the citizenry are well enlightened and comfortable they tend to have few kids. But for the poor and unenlightened reverse is the case. So all the govt needs to do is improve the living standard and reduce the illitracy rate to the minimal and the population growth will be under check.
Re: UN's "3 Baby Plan" For Nigerian Families by Johnpaul2k2(m): 2:42pm On May 25, 2011
IT MAY WORK IN SE/SW/SS BUT IN NORTH, I LAUGH
BECAUSE THEY NEED MORE CHILDREN TO FORM BOKO HARAM grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
MORE CHILDREN FOR SHOE MAKER AND EXPANSION OF TRIBALISM AROUND NIGERIA
I PRAY IT WORKS cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: UN's "3 Baby Plan" For Nigerian Families by ak47mann(m): 2:45pm On May 25, 2011
They should start castrating all these almajiris in the north starting from suya sellers to shoe makers sweet sellers and Fulani, join with emirs those one marry like 20 wives castrate them now is better so we can have peace for at list next 40yrs. That will be a big achievement, if they were castrated 30yrs ago all the young almajiris we saw chasing and killing youth corps wont be around angry angry
Re: UN's "3 Baby Plan" For Nigerian Families by Ibomade1: 3:02pm On May 25, 2011
It will be unworkable in Nigeria because so many things must be put in place before we even think about venturing down this road.

Although it must be noted that the number of kids given birth to by the elite are gradually reducing. In the 70 -80's 5 kids were considered the standard but nowadays it is like 3 kids.

Our population can also be a plus but for now it is just a burden.
Re: UN's "3 Baby Plan" For Nigerian Families by pelezico: 3:02pm On May 25, 2011
okwanuzo3:

Men should be given free vastecomy after 3 children instead.
Over population is a bigger issue than people realise.
When families have more children than they can take care of, you find older siblings saddled with huge responsibilties at very young ages which is very unfair.
That's breeding ground for crime and immorality. No one will seat back and watch their family suffer if they think they can do something about it.
Check backgrounds of most thieves, armed robbers and prost-itutes.

Speak for yourself mate ?

Poverty is caused mainly by Government (over reliance on fiat currency fraudulent activity, mismanagement of natural resources etc etc )and peoples lack of integrity and moral responsibility - you start from the root of the problem not cutting of the nose  to spite the face
Re: UN's "3 Baby Plan" For Nigerian Families by Kx: 3:11pm On May 25, 2011
You guys are missing the point.

3 children per family is advised.
However, family members can have pikins in addition to their children.

Let them "born" 10 per family, its their choice.if too many children is their cross, na me go carry am?
Dem dey tell man
Re: UN's "3 Baby Plan" For Nigerian Families by 3kay945(m): 3:15pm On May 25, 2011
it will be good for the poor if it work but i sincerely doubt it. it can never work in this kind of society we are in.
Johnpaul2k2:

IT MAY WORK IN SE/SW/SS BUT IN NORTH, I LAUGH
BECAUSE THEY NEED MORE CHILDREN TO FORM BOKO HARAM grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
MORE CHILDREN FOR SHOE MAKER AND EXPANSION OF TRIBALISM AROUND NIGERIA
I PRAY I WORKS cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
a
tongue tongue
Re: UN's "3 Baby Plan" For Nigerian Families by 3kay945(m): 3:26pm On May 25, 2011
Ibo-made:

It will be unworkable in Nigeria because so many things must be put in place before we even think about venturing down this road.

Although it must be noted that the number of kids given birth to by the elite are gradually reducing. In the 70 -80's 5 kids were considered the standard but nowadays it is like 3 kids.

Our population can also be a plus but for now it is just a burden.
they themselves know it cant work, they just enjoy deceiving us and themselves grin grin grin grin
Re: UN's "3 Baby Plan" For Nigerian Families by Pricelesss(f): 3:29pm On May 25, 2011
Unrealistic opinion/idea.
undecided
Re: UN's "3 Baby Plan" For Nigerian Families by DamiKhojie(m): 3:32pm On May 25, 2011
Kanana:

Gbam. Family planning takes a natural course. When the citizenry are well enlightened and comfortable they tend to have few kids. But for the poor and unenlightened reverse is the case. So all the govt needs to do is improve the living standard and reduce the illitracy rate to the minimal and the population growth will be under check.

Yes true but it doesn't hurt to put regulation to get it going. Those families of 10-20 are not sustainable in this day and age. Both my grandpas had over ten kids in fact on mom had over 20 siblings no doubt most families of these sizes nowadays would be living in poverty.
Re: UN's "3 Baby Plan" For Nigerian Families by brainpulse: 3:37pm On May 25, 2011
can you tell an igbo man when he has lands to cultivate? smiley wink cry
Re: UN's "3 Baby Plan" For Nigerian Families by brainpulse: 3:41pm On May 25, 2011
or when he has 13 girls and no boy to carry the family name. cry ;d
Re: UN's "3 Baby Plan" For Nigerian Families by iceadenji(m): 5:42pm On May 25, 2011
This is a terrible idea it won't help at all in the long run and not to mention it is such a violation of rights.
Re: UN's "3 Baby Plan" For Nigerian Families by dayokanu(m): 5:48pm On May 25, 2011
Good idea
Re: UN's "3 Baby Plan" For Nigerian Families by hardbody: 5:49pm On May 25, 2011
My papa and mama born us ONLY 2. i plan to do better than them in all ramifications including procreation. Currently I am eyeing 4. It may just be that my circumstances will get to the point where i can handle 6 and still give them the best. When i start, i might just get the 4 at the first blast grin grin grin
Re: UN's "3 Baby Plan" For Nigerian Families by Parnassuss(m): 6:07pm On May 25, 2011
truth is that many northern elites may not be too inclined to pursue the idea, with the belief that it might affect the edge that population gives to the north especially during voting. Also, if vaccination sparked such fear in the north (they said that the injection would mark male children sterile) then we may imagine what reactions such a critical issue would raise. In IBB's time, he said the state should officially recognize 4 children alone  but if parents want more kids, then thats their own kettle of fish. This is the policy in the Nigerian Army even today.
However, in truth without concrete social security structures, any such law is redundant. Also its not like the south is totally in support of this, in Benue for instance they pride themselves in keeping 'broods' of kids for whatever reason. I am of the belief however that this law is unnecessary though population explosion I don't believe in. Kinda like the rapture that never happens.
Re: UN's "3 Baby Plan" For Nigerian Families by Misterpaul(m): 6:17pm On May 25, 2011
Egbe Nak:

Dis people no well. Let me see how they will enforce it.
No need to enforce anything.They will just tell the Chinese to produce&import those their“sperm draining belts’ Or “Magnetic belts".Into the country, any man who wears the belt,will not be able to produce sparm again, I remebered when we had rumours that the belts where in the Nigerian market then,
Re: UN's "3 Baby Plan" For Nigerian Families by mrofficial(m): 7:34pm On May 25, 2011
Please, it should be taken seriously. Not more that 3 children!!!
Re: UN's "3 Baby Plan" For Nigerian Families by mansmith(m): 7:45pm On May 25, 2011
arrant bull shit,when all the big men have more than 12 concubines ,which 1 of rhem will have only 3 children when they are competing for who has the most children,abi na police man u go tell say make him born only 3 children?
Re: UN's "3 Baby Plan" For Nigerian Families by Thirst4Lif: 7:45pm On May 25, 2011
Aside from being financially able to adequately provide for a child, parents also

have to take into account the amount of time their careers and other obligations

will allow them to spend with that child. Take, for example, the young man dubbed

'The Underwear Bomber.' This man's family was extremely financially fit. Some accounts

say his Dad is a millionaire, some I've read say a billionaire. Muttallab is one of 15

children, or so I've read. Is it possible for a father to give adequate time and nurturing to 15

children AND pursue a successful, time consuming career? Very unlikely.  The amount of

quality time allotted per child is as important, if not moreso, as the amount of money available to

spend on that child.  This should greatly be considered as well.
Re: UN's "3 Baby Plan" For Nigerian Families by bkbabe97y(m): 7:49pm On May 25, 2011
Good idea but how would the Ibo man really feel about this? Less folks to eat, less folks to Kidnap, less folks to rob and less folks to sell fake medication to. Oh, and election rigging would be kinda harder cause figures would be more accurate. We gotta think of Ibos before we act hastily.
Re: UN's "3 Baby Plan" For Nigerian Families by Frankmurhy: 8:12pm On May 25, 2011
Well, As fore me It's pretty okay but What about Hawsa man? Cos i know must of them believe in producing one or two villages. My driver is having 18 kids and now he is disturbing me that he want to marry new wive. What a nonsense!!! grin grin grin ;
So I suggest it tarts From hawsas and all Islamic family's. Lol
Re: UN's "3 Baby Plan" For Nigerian Families by Beync(f): 8:18pm On May 25, 2011
If the govt would creat incentive scheme to recognize and reward families dat abide by the set rule, it will go a long way to help.
truely something need to be done regarding these women u see sometimes pregnant, breastfeeding at the same time carry loads of children at the back, front, on top and underneat, every malnourished children.all these gifts from God? No nah
Re: UN's "3 Baby Plan" For Nigerian Families by ak47mann(m): 11:45pm On May 25, 2011
bk.babe97y:

Good idea but how would the Ibo man really feel about this? Less folks to eat, less folks to Kidnap, less folks to rob and less folks to sell fake medication to. Oh, and election rigging would be kinda harder cause figures would be more accurate. We gotta think of Ibos before we act hastily.
were is this iddiooot from undecidedare you okay in the head undecided
Re: UN's "3 Baby Plan" For Nigerian Families by bkbabe97y(m): 12:42am On May 26, 2011
ak47mann:

were is this iddiooot from undecidedare you okay in the head undecided

I'm from Brooklyn, and, yeah, I'm ok in the head.

Now, where thr fuxck u from and are u ok in the head?
Re: UN's "3 Baby Plan" For Nigerian Families by daroz(m): 3:17am On May 26, 2011
Good ideal, but what we be the punisment for the offender? The government will kill the excesses or what? undecided
JUST ASKING SHALL
Re: UN's "3 Baby Plan" For Nigerian Families by sley4life(m): 12:08pm On May 29, 2011
tell dat 2 North. Y must we be 3rd largest in d world by 2100. I gez d world myt av com 2 end b4 dt tym.
Re: UN's "3 Baby Plan" For Nigerian Families by phreakabit(m): 12:14pm On May 29, 2011
If you are financially capabl[/b]e of feeding,clothing, sheltering and caring for the everyday needs of 20 kids, [b]and you want to have that much, then have them!!!! As long as your wife is in support and due accordance with your desire/proposition to have that much kids. We are not properties and thus do not need anyone determining how many kids anyone should have. This is Nigeria not China! regulating the amount of kids one can have would be an invasion of privacy and human rights infringement at its best!
Re: UN's "3 Baby Plan" For Nigerian Families by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 29, 2011
they are crazy! White man feeling threatened by our numbers! for that i am having 10 kids!
Re: UN's "3 Baby Plan" For Nigerian Families by phreakabit(m): 12:22pm On May 29, 2011
On the streets of the northern city of Kaduna, some people told the BBC that God decided how many children they had and so it would be wrong to try to limit the number of births. "[The UN] should try to advise the government how to make the lives of Nigerians better, not telling Nigerians not to have children - that is not their business," one angry woman said.

Aboki at their finest! You gotta love them grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ACN Shuts Out Gov. Sylva / Boko Haram: 6 Alleged Suleja Bombers Granted N24m Bail / Buhari Is Not Alive.what We Saw was A Masked Man.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.