Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,418 members, 7,901,173 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 04:16 AM

The King. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The King. (115 Views)

Is Your Bible A Sword Or A Butter Knife? Why You Need The King James Version / Catholic Church In Nigeria Celebrates Feast Of Christ The King Today / Catholics: Today Is Christ The King Sunday, As We Mark The Beginning Of Advent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The King. by AbundantLife05: 3:39am On Sep 12, 2021
ABUNDANT LIFE VISION.
THE KING. Psalms 24:7-8
Open up, ancient gates! Open up, ancient doors, and let the king of glory enter. Who is the king of glory? The lord, strong and mighty; the lord, invincible in battle. NLT.

Good morning my friends. It is another beautiful time to share the word of God. I pray that the word of God will have a deep root in us and germinate in our lives. We will look at “The King” this morning. Brothers and sisters, the King is God. Yes, we have earthly kings who rule over earthly kingdoms but we are talking about the supreme King who rule over all on earth and in the unseen world. The fact that God is king is backed up by the scripture, we all know that Jesus is God himself, John 1:1 “In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.” KJV. More so, the bible in 1Tim 6:15 says “For, at just the right time Christ will be revealed from heaven by the blessed and only almighty God, the King of kings and Lord of all lords.” NLT. This scripture says Jesus is the King of kings, which means Jesus, who is God himself is king who reigns over all kings and the world at large.

Now, there are some things unique about our king. These are the things we want to discuss in our teaching this morning;

1. He is the King of Glory: Ps 24:7
Open up, ancient gates! Open up, ancient doors, and let the king of glory enter. NLT.
A unique description of God is that he is glorious. If we are to give a description about God, the description is incomplete without talking about his glorious splendor. Psalms 145:5 “I will meditate on your majestic, glorious splendor and your wonderful miracles.” NLT. The question is what is this glory we are talking about? The best way to define glory is to define it with its opposite meaning which is shame. Therefore, we can say that God is a king with no shame, humiliation and distress. I’m sure many people will agree with me when I say, earthly kings suffer shame once in a while because they are humans. We have kings who wanted children but could not get them, we have kings who were deposed and so on but Jesus, our king cannot suffer such and his glory lights up heaven. Rev 21:23 “And the city has no need of sun or moon, for the glory of God illuminates the city, and the Lamb is its light.” NLT.

2. He is Strong and Mighty: Ps 24:8
Who is the king of glory? The lord, strong and mighty; the lord, invincible in battle. NLT.
The might of a king is determined by his military strength. Powerful kings are those who conquer and have dominion over their enemies. Fortunately, God is a mighty king in battle, he is strong, mighty and undefeatable in battle. One of the reasons why he achieves this is because he has a large or let us say am endless number of army he commands in battle. Ps 24:10 “You ask, who is the king of Glory? He is the Lord of Victory, armed and ready for battle, the Mighty One, the invincible commander of heaven’s hosts! Yes, he is the king of Glory!” NLT.

Also, he is mighty in battle because he attacks with fire. Hebrews 12:29 “For our God is a devouring fire.” NLT. In addition, Rev 20:9 says “And I saw them as they went up on the broad plain of the attacking armies and consumed them.” NLT.
Another way he remains undefeatable in battle is that he uses sword from his mouth to destroy his enemies. Rev 19:21 “The entire army was killed by the sharp sword that came from the mouth of the one riding the white horse. And the vultures all gorged themselves on the dead bodies.” NLT.

3. He is the King of kings: Rev 19:16
On his robe at his thigh was written this title: King of all kings and the Lord of all lords. NLT.
We have established this fact that Jesus is the King of kings in the opening remark. Since he presides over the affairs of all things on earth, he rules over the hearts of all men and kings on earth. This makes him the ultimate King. Proverbs 21:1 “The King’s heart is like a stream of water directed by the lord; he guides it wherever he pleases.” NLT.

4. He is the soon coming King: Rev 22:12
Look, I am coming soon, bringing my reward with me to repay all people according to their deeds. NLT.
The King of kings, who died and resurrected for our sins and went to heaven to prepare a place for us is coming back to harvest the souls of those who lived for him and reward everyone for what they have done. The reward is either life or death which is an eternity in the lake of fire. Rev 21:8 “But cowards, unbelievers, the corrupt, murderers, the immoral, those who practice witchcraft, idol worshippers and all liars-their fate is in fiery lake of burning Sulphur. This is the second death.” NLT.

Therefore, if you are reading this and you do not have the King as your king or you have gone away from his presence and you want to come back or surrender to him, say this prayer after me; Dear Lord, I come to you humbly and I confess that I am a sinner, save me and be my Lord. Wash away my sins and let me do your will at all times. Amen. If you have recited this prayer wholeheartedly, I welcome you to the family of God and do well to join a bible believing church as you start your journey in Christ.

If you have been blessed by this write up and you have questions, comments and contribution, you can contact Abundant Life Vision on the following platforms:
Twitter: @VisionAbundant
Instagram: visionabundantlife
Email: visionabundantlife@gmail.com
God bless you.
Re: The King. by Nobody: 5:16am On Sep 12, 2021
Jesus is King, the King of kings and the Lord of lords. Hallelujah.
Re: The King. by AbundantLife05: 9:02am On Sep 12, 2021
Jesus is King, the King of kings and the Lord of lords. Hallelujah.
Amen.

(1) (Reply)

Be Patient / God I Tolu Ilori Want A Holy Life / I’ll Get Vaccinated A Thousand Times To Enable Me Do God’s Work, Says Adeboye.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.