Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,369 members, 7,943,921 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 08:12 AM

Addressing Religious Extremism In Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Addressing Religious Extremism In Christianity (513 Views)

Father Mbaka Addressing And Blessing The Crowd After He Resurfaced / Is Cousins Marriage In Christianity Forbidden? / What Is Religious Extremism? Difference Between Moderate And Extreme. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Addressing Religious Extremism In Christianity by TechCapon(m): 7:09am On Sep 12, 2021
Proverbs 1:22 “Fools, how long will you love being ignorant? How long will you make fun of wisdom? How long will you hate knowledge?”

Whenever the word "extremism" or "extremist" is mentioned almost everyone thinks about Muslim or even terrorists but only few people knows that there are religious extremism ravaging Christianity as well and that's what I'll be addressing today.
Extremism in Christianity is just as bad as it is in other religion. Unfortunately Christianity has been reduced to the lowest possible level since Jesus ascended over 2000 years ago. Christians no longer really care about what God said in his word the bible but swallow everything their so called "Men of God" are saying especially in Africa.
Nigeria has the top 5 biggest churches on the planet but we're the most afflicted. We have become so blind to the ways of God that anyone who truly tries to explain the truth contrary to what the pastor is saying is being abused and seen as the antichrist. The mere words of pastors have almost replaced the bible. This is called RELIGIOUS EXTREMISM.
How on earth does a parent in their right mind watch their own child gets sick and die because the pastor says taking drugs or going to the doctor is a sin?. Yes there's a popular church in Nigeria (***** Tabernacle) that has such doctrines and I'm aware that some of the leaders take drugs in secret.
Extremism has found its way in the Christiandom and unfortunately it is worst among Black Africans. Social media is littered with videos of pastors doing terrible things to members, walking on their heads etc in the name of deliverance and when you talk about it they'll say bible says we should not judge. There's no atrocity in the world that has not been perpetrated in the church.
This extremism has made the so called Men of God feeding fat on the gullibility and foolishness of congregations and unfortunately it'll only get worse.
A lady once told me that unless her pastor "sees vision" and approve of her relationship she'll never get married? Everytime she opens her mouth, it's always "my pastor said this or that" not what the bible said or what God says. Men should avoid these kinds of women at all costs because it's the pastor that'll eventually determine what happens in the home. How on earth does this lead to the kingdom of God. This is why I don't blame anyone who identify as atheist anymore because the quality of Christianity has deteriorated to the minimum. Women are by far the most victims of this scourge and I laughed hard when I saw the video of a woman demanding her offering from her church grin. Until we take a deep breath and look at the kind of Christianity we're practicing we'll continue to practice extremism in the name of Christianity.
Re: Addressing Religious Extremism In Christianity by TechCapon(m): 7:18am On Sep 12, 2021
Russia and few others are beginning to treat some Christians as domestic terrorists hunting down Jehovah's witnesses and gradually expanding to other secular side of Christianity as well. I don't support the move but this is what we've brought upon ourselves as Christians.
Re: Addressing Religious Extremism In Christianity by AntiChristian: 8:37am On Sep 12, 2021
kiss Una eyes don dey open abi?

No be today o! Pastors are the law themselves.
Re: Addressing Religious Extremism In Christianity by Qtrpst4: 8:54am On Sep 12, 2021
And gumi is what? The law giver right?
Respect your self

AntiChristian:

Re: Addressing Religious Extremism In Christianity by Qtrpst4: 8:56am On Sep 12, 2021
The last time religious extremism was a problem in this world, it was associated with Islam.

Islamabad is a name of a place
Re: Addressing Religious Extremism In Christianity by AntiChristian: 9:01am On Sep 12, 2021
Qtrpst4:
And gumi is what? The law giver right?
Respect your self

Gumi was a good man. His son you know has become a bandit sympathiser.

I am not a bandit sympathiser.

So back to the thread.
Re: Addressing Religious Extremism In Christianity by TechCapon(m): 12:27pm On Sep 12, 2021
AntiChristian:

lol, I'm not anti Christian. I'm just not happy with the direction Christianity is heading. Of course there are some good pastors out there.
Re: Addressing Religious Extremism In Christianity by Qtrpst4: 4:59pm On Sep 12, 2021
Gumi was never a good man neither is his son. If he was abacha would not have sanctioned him. Even abacha, as bad as people claim he is has issues with gumi

AntiChristian:

Gumi was a good man. His son you know has become a bandit sympathiser.

I am not a bandit sympathiser.

So back to the thread.
Re: Addressing Religious Extremism In Christianity by AntiChristian: 3:58pm On Sep 13, 2021
Qtrpst4:
Gumi was never a good man neither is his son. If he was abacha would not have sanctioned him. Even abacha, as bad as people claim he is has issues with gumi

Humans are Humans all in all. But who is Abacha and who is Sheikh Gumi the (father)?

The father was a Good Man and Abacha sanctioning him doesn't carry water jare.
Re: Addressing Religious Extremism In Christianity by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:27pm On Sep 13, 2021
Extremism started from the time God accepted Abel's offerings and rejected Cain's offerings {Genesis 4:4-5} ever since then most people have become enraged against anyone who speak against their religion! Genesis 4:7-12

God has the right to choose which form of worship pleases Him but many like Cain just feel that God shouldn't reject any form of worship as long as the worshiper is rendering such worship from a sincere heart.
The form of worship Jesus established in the first century has IDENTIFYING MARKS so there's no need deceiving ourselves about different sects claiming Christians with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines. If you want to know the one and only Christian group today just pick up your Bible and study God's word diligently. God will not approved the worship of different sects all because they're doing it in Jesus name! Matthew 7:21-23

This is the last of the last days, all false religions claiming Christians will loose their grip on their followers while Jesus' own group will continue to wax stronger by the day! Matthew 5:14:16

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Addressing Religious Extremism In Christianity by DonroxyII: 2:17am On Sep 16, 2021
TechCapon:
lol, I'm not anti Christian. I'm just not happy with the direction Christianity is heading. Of course there are some good pastors out there.
Atheists from advanced nations are clamping down on Religion....... Because it is believed that the concepts of established "God" as defined by Religion is a Fallacy ...... But All human concepts and philosophies have expiry and bastardisation tendency ..... we are at the peak of our civilisation. Verily, we will cry to the same God we are bastardising today when the chicken Roast wellwell and everywhere TaTata. We shall understand our limitations just like generations before us did after their arrogance !

Immorality and indiscipline for Christians .... Church is now fashion and prosperity center instead of Soul Enhancement Center .....

Terrorism for Islam ... They fund the terrorists also fund the government cheesy .... Shebi una like Jihad, una go fight tire grin

Next generations in few decades will definitely be irreligious or people goes to Religion Center for cruise only maybe to catch chicks, hookup or parade their fashion sense like a kinda association !

When GOD evaporates, Love evaporates and what remains is War .... Earth go hear am but she is alive .... She will just purge all of una and reset Humanity grin .... All it takes is for Earth to shake body in a little Tsunami or continental Earthquake and everybody go calm down grin

(1) (Reply)

Acceptable Evidence For God. Which Of The Gods? / Pastor Enenche Blasts Comedians, Says They Tell Lies To Make People Laugh (video / Crying During Church Worship. And Screaming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.