Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,610 members, 7,941,347 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 02:25 AM

Can My Bank Account Be Hacked With Just My Account Number? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Can My Bank Account Be Hacked With Just My Account Number? (1679 Views)

Can A Bank Account Be Hacked With Only Knowing It Number / I Have Just N443 In My Bank Account - Kingtblakhoc Cries Out After Bail / My Phone Was Stolen And Money Withdrawn From My Bank Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can My Bank Account Be Hacked With Just My Account Number? by FahBuLous: 7:52am On Sep 12, 2021
An anonymous person called me early this morning claiming she's from NCDC and they are sharing funds for Nigerians through their bank accounts...
So she asked me to send my account number and I did because I believe an account can't be hacked with just an account number but I'm kind of scared now, please is my account at risk?
NB: I didn't send any other code or whatever, just my account number..
Cc Lalatisclala
Cc mynd44
Re: Can My Bank Account Be Hacked With Just My Account Number? by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 12, 2021
Yes, with flash fund it can
Re: Can My Bank Account Be Hacked With Just My Account Number? by phr33man(m): 7:57am On Sep 12, 2021
Hḿmmmm! If this is possible now,our funds are in Almighty's hand o
Re: Can My Bank Account Be Hacked With Just My Account Number? by FahBuLous: 7:58am On Sep 12, 2021
VenExchange:
Yes, with flash fund it can
With just my account number??
embarassed
Re: Can My Bank Account Be Hacked With Just My Account Number? by FahBuLous: 7:59am On Sep 12, 2021
phr33man:
Hey, Let it not happen abeg...
Re: Can My Bank Account Be Hacked With Just My Account Number? by phr33man(m): 8:03am On Sep 12, 2021
FahBuLous:
Hey, Let it not happen abeg...
grin grin grin fear dey catch me self o
Re: Can My Bank Account Be Hacked With Just My Account Number? by SUPERPACK: 8:04am On Sep 12, 2021
FahBuLous:
An anonymous person called me early this morning claiming she's from NCDC and they are sharing funds for Nigerians through their bank accounts...
So she asked me to send my account number and I did because I believe an account can't be hacked with just an account number but I'm kind of scared now, please is my account at risk?
NB: I didn't send any other code or whatever, just my account number..
Cc Lalatisclala
Cc mynd44
With only account number? NO. But they are likely going to call to send a code they will send to your sim for verification to them, DONT. They might also call back to demand for your BVN or Date of birth, don't agree.

6 Likes

Re: Can My Bank Account Be Hacked With Just My Account Number? by Seniorwriter(m): 8:07am On Sep 12, 2021
FahBuLous:
With just my account number??
embarassed
Don't mind that Nairalander>>>> @VenExchange try and provide proof to your assertion about hacking an account with FLASH FUNDS.
phr33man:
Exactly my thoughts.

FahBuLous:
Na wa o...
Fixed....typo.

@SENIORWRITER
Re: Can My Bank Account Be Hacked With Just My Account Number? by Goldbw122(m): 8:07am On Sep 12, 2021
Nothing is secured anymore
Re: Can My Bank Account Be Hacked With Just My Account Number? by FahBuLous: 8:11am On Sep 12, 2021
phr33man:

grin grin grin fear dey catch me self o
Oh God..
Re: Can My Bank Account Be Hacked With Just My Account Number? by FahBuLous: 8:13am On Sep 12, 2021
SUPERPACK:
With only account number? NO. But they are likely going to call to send a code they will send to your sim for verification to them, DONT. They might also call back to demand for your BVN or Date of birth, don't agree.
They sent me OTP, I didn't send it back to them...
I am safe now right??

1 Like

Re: Can My Bank Account Be Hacked With Just My Account Number? by FahBuLous: 8:13am On Sep 12, 2021
Seniorwriter:

Don't mind that Nairalander @VenExchange try and provide proof to your assertion about hacking an account with FLASH FUNDS.

@SENIORWRITER

@SENIORWRITER
Na wa o...
Re: Can My Bank Account Be Hacked With Just My Account Number? by Visocrate(m): 8:26am On Sep 12, 2021
In this computer scamming age everything is possible o though not sure if it can be tempered with
Re: Can My Bank Account Be Hacked With Just My Account Number? by SUPERPACK: 9:04am On Sep 12, 2021
FahBuLous:
They sent me OTP, I didn't send it back to them...
I am safe now right??
You are if they can't find a way to get the OTP without your consent. If they can. Hmm.
Re: Can My Bank Account Be Hacked With Just My Account Number? by FahBuLous: 12:12pm On Sep 12, 2021
SUPERPACK:
You are if they can't find a way to get the OTP without your consent. If they can. Hmm.
Jesus, if account number is not safe anymore, then there is no need saving money in the bank na...
Re: Can My Bank Account Be Hacked With Just My Account Number? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 3:26pm On Sep 12, 2021
Not possible
Re: Can My Bank Account Be Hacked With Just My Account Number? by NaijaCover(m): 3:36pm On Sep 12, 2021
There Is Nothing Way No Go See Inside This Country.
Re: Can My Bank Account Be Hacked With Just My Account Number? by hashtagged(m): 4:07pm On Sep 12, 2021
SUPERPACK:
They can through a keylogger or a scam app
Re: Can My Bank Account Be Hacked With Just My Account Number? by DSC7: 4:38pm On Sep 12, 2021
hashtagged:

They can through a keylogger or a scam app

Expatiate....
Re: Can My Bank Account Be Hacked With Just My Account Number? by Xhuntra: 6:45pm On Sep 12, 2021
post=105744711:
There Is Nothing Way No Go See Inside This Country.

Guy, no dey hype urself
Re: Can My Bank Account Be Hacked With Just My Account Number? by paulolee(m): 7:18am On Sep 13, 2021
fear dey catch u bt u de find free moni, na d same way dt scammer dey find free money self na....all na hustle

(1) (Reply)

Notorious Delta Robber, Getay Falls To Police Bullet After Gun Battle / Have You Seen "Emmanuel Arthur"? The Missing Person. / See How I Was Almost Scammed By A Female Scammer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.