Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,905 members, 7,931,139 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 05:18 PM

Teachers In The House, How's It Like Teaching In A Secondary School - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Teachers In The House, How's It Like Teaching In A Secondary School (16641 Views)

My Experience Teaching In Zaria / Instagram Slay Queen Spotted Teaching In A Secondary School In Delta (Photos) / The Love Letter A Secondary School Boy Sent To His Teacher, Chioma (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teachers In The House, How's It Like Teaching In A Secondary School by twhy111(m): 10:22pm On Sep 13, 2021
It was a terrible experience for me each time I remember the pay and how tasking the job is.
Back then I taught further maths,Ss2&3, basic technology is 1-3 and geography all for 20k.
There's always a memo with lots of conditions to be met before you can collect your salary every month.
After normal school hour and the extra class I'm always going home tired and hoping for a brighter future till I couldn't take it no more and I had to resign. Teaching in a private school is just like a modern day slavery.

When I left I miss most of my students, I never knew I've created so much memories with them.

5 Likes

Re: Teachers In The House, How's It Like Teaching In A Secondary School by Hassanmaye(m): 10:40pm On Sep 13, 2021
Suspect33:
You need to be good at expressing yourself a.k.a very articulate

Learn the art of storytelling, you'll need it alot to drive home your points and to keep the class interested in your lectures

Teaching is fun but the pay isn't

Lastly, do your best and leave the rest, children of this generation don't want to learn anyways, they are only interested in relationships angry
Lol your last statement
Re: Teachers In The House, How's It Like Teaching In A Secondary School by samz77: 10:56pm On Sep 13, 2021
They are time wasters, I taught for good solid 9 years and after which I left the job ,meanwhile I was into forex as a part time but has God would have it, I eventually had a break through. Without wasting time I honorably relieved myself of the gaddam fucking job.

2 Likes

Re: Teachers In The House, How's It Like Teaching In A Secondary School by Nobody: 11:04pm On Sep 13, 2021
samz77:
They are time wasters, I taught for good solid 9 years and after which I left the job ,meanwhile I was into forex as a part time but has God would have it, I eventually had a break through. Without wasting time I honorably relieved myself of the gaddam fucking job.
wow. I just hope to quit at the end of the term.
Re: Teachers In The House, How's It Like Teaching In A Secondary School by Vinnie2000(m): 11:11pm On Sep 13, 2021
sfinkzslot:

We will have to ask Yousef about this o

Lolss..
Some crazy fans said he should leave the bbn house now..

Dat School don resume.. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Teachers In The House, How's It Like Teaching In A Secondary School by Vinnie2000(m): 11:14pm On Sep 13, 2021
MrChriz:

Bros u said it all...I was a teacher for 3years, it got to a point i started receiving insults from students and fellow staff for a job of 23k ....but ThankGod sha, I resigned last week Monday, attended an interview on Thursday, got my appointment letter on Friday with a monthly salary of 200k....Who did it? JESUS did....

What the hell happened dat u were now receiving Insults from Students and even staff? shocked sad
Pls Tell me.
Re: Teachers In The House, How's It Like Teaching In A Secondary School by Tizu(m): 5:48am On Sep 14, 2021
Op I am concerned and will give you my own advice for two reasons.
1. I am a trained teacher having studied Geography Ed in my first degree.
2. I taught immediately I finished NYSC and came to Lagos in 1984
I advise you take the appointment if it's the only thing you can do right now to keep yourself engaged.
But don't plan to last long there especially if it is a private owned institution. This is because both the owners of schools (including Govts) and parents do not value the quality services rendered by teachers in Nigeria.
So plan to last not more than a year, gain the experience ( the experience will help you immensely in all future endeavours) save no matter how little and come out and enroll yourself for a trade apprenticeship program which are very numerous and better paying.
Be careful of whatever you do or say expecially while in school.
I wish you strength.
Don't be discouraged with the pay for a penny earned is far better than a pound found.

2 Likes

Re: Teachers In The House, How's It Like Teaching In A Secondary School by possibilita(m): 6:03am On Sep 14, 2021
The feeling even sex won't give you.
Re: Teachers In The House, How's It Like Teaching In A Secondary School by MrChriz: 6:35am On Sep 14, 2021
Vinnie2000:

What the hell happened dat u were now receiving Insults from Students and even staff? shocked sad
Pls Tell me.
For the students; I adviced them alot and most of the wants to live a wayward life, most of the boys now have joined cult while like about 6 of the girls a pregnant...
For staff: It was see finished dat caused it...
Re: Teachers In The House, How's It Like Teaching In A Secondary School by MrChriz: 6:37am On Sep 14, 2021
Suspect33:
congratulations brother smiley
Thanks bro
Re: Teachers In The House, How's It Like Teaching In A Secondary School by Laurene: 7:32am On Sep 14, 2021
indoorlove:
Be careful with secondary school girls. They are very manipulative and can put you in big mess.
explain please.
Re: Teachers In The House, How's It Like Teaching In A Secondary School by sultan1014(m): 1:29pm On Sep 14, 2021
Seequadry:
Tempting....

Most especially PHE and other lab related studies
Especially PHE, seeing all those young titties bouncing when they're in their sport wears fit turn brain, lol
Re: Teachers In The House, How's It Like Teaching In A Secondary School by Josywhyte: 6:39pm On Sep 14, 2021
Marimart:

Please where is that,I need a teaching job ,can teach chemistry,if there is vacancy there pls I'm available o

Port Harcourt
Re: Teachers In The House, How's It Like Teaching In A Secondary School by JABAIDO(m): 10:26pm On Sep 18, 2021
tayo200:
Teaching is so stressful. I'm currently teaching in a private school and they pay me 20k in a month, I use up to 8k for transportation. I teach 3 subjects, JSS1 to JSS3. I'm expected to write lesson notes for all subjects, but I only choose to write for just 1 subject (that's 3 lesson notes), myself and the school director had so many issues on that lesson note. But it is what it is, that's what I want to do. So they will want to use you like hell, that's for Sure.
grin grin
I'm conversant with your plight, boss.
Out of the 11 subjects I teach, I also choose/manage to write notes on just 6....
And I still dey expect when dem go ask of the remaining cheesy. I will just take my things and leave gently...
It's really tiresome
Re: Teachers In The House, How's It Like Teaching In A Secondary School by shantti(m): 9:07pm On Sep 22, 2021
indoorlove:
Be careful with secondary school girls. They are very manipulative and can put you in big mess.

Please what kind of mess
Re: Teachers In The House, How's It Like Teaching In A Secondary School by shantti(m): 9:50pm On Sep 22, 2021
philtea:
Omo!! The comments I've seen so far are so demeaning and have portrayed teaching to be a no-go area for job seekers, especially for youths.
And to say I'm just 19 years of age and I'll be starting my teaching practice in a government school at my place is embarassed embarassed cry cry
So help me God

Teaching is fun, is all depends on your approach. Am a corp member whose PPA is in one of the ministries in the state but I hardly go to work so in order to keep myself busy I found a teaching job in a private school, I taught physics part time from Ss1 to ss3. Those kids were super intelligent.
Ss1 and ss2 love me so much, I made them fall in love with physics, I occasionally crack jokes to stimulate their interest during teaching, they come around the staff room during break and we gist. Ss3 science students,all girls were busy forming big girls for me, flaunting iPhones, I tried my best with them in practicals and preparing them for WAEC but they were not serious.
But in general I was careful with the female students, they really wanted me, most of them were really mature in appearance, very mature but I've sworn never to have anything to do with minors, not because am religious or the sort, but because of the risk of jail term. Equally, if u impregnate any student in this state, u MUST, I mean MUST marry her. I changed to another school near my house when transport fare Increased. That's where am currently teaching, I teach maths and physics from ss1 to ss3, the students here are not intelligent or serious and it's because the school is a sort of special center for WAEC and NECO, they thrive in malpractice. The students know practically nothing, absolutely nothing, I really fear for their future.
I follow the boys to play soccer, I love soccer with all my heart, I am more better and faster than them and it endeared me to them, it fostered our relationship. Am equally careful with the girls here, the female studentss in this state are too mature in appearance, I don't know why, maybe is what they eat, a girls of js3 will be looking all grown up and already applying make up and have already mastered the art of fake accent and posh gestures.
Your first day with them is what will stick to their subconsciousness, it will make them see u as boring or interesting so try to make it fun. Be very jovial on your first day and try to make them to laugh. At times their attitude might weigh u down and cause u anxiety and depression and make u hate everything, don't stick to the feeling for so long, just see it as teenage crises. Be firm, know the right time to send a student out of the class for constituting a nuisance, don't beat them, you can tell them to pick pin or sit on the air or to slap themselves. Try to show concern about their academic progress, u can call students individually and inquire why they are not doing well, profer solutions to their problems. Relate with them very well and I promise u, u will enjoy the experience.
Re: Teachers In The House, How's It Like Teaching In A Secondary School by Marimart: 6:50am On Sep 23, 2021
shantti:

Teaching is fun, is all depends on your approach. Am a corp member whose PPA is in one of the ministries in the state but I hardly go to work so in order to keep myself busy I found a teaching job in a private school, I taught physics part time from Ss1 to ss3. Those kids were super intelligent.
Ss1 and ss2 love me so much, I made them fall in love with physics, I occasionally crack jokes to stimulate their interest during teaching, they come around the staff room during break and we gist. Ss3 science students,all girls were busy forming big girls for me, flaunting iPhones, I tried my best with them in practicals and preparing them for WAEC but they were not serious.
But in general I was careful with the female students, they really wanted me, most of them were really mature in appearance, very mature but I've sworn never to have anything to do with minors, not because am religious or the sort, but because of the risk of jail term. Equally, if u impregnate any student in this state, u MUST, I mean MUST marry her. I changed to another school near my house when transport fare Increased. That's where am currently teaching, I teach maths and physics from ss1 to ss3, the students here are not intelligent or serious and it's because the school is a sort of special center for WAEC and NECO, they thrive in malpractice. The students know practically nothing, absolutely nothing, I really fear for their future.
I follow the boys to play soccer, I love soccer with all my heart, I am more better and faster than them and it endeared me to them, it fostered our relationship. Am equally careful with the girls here, the female studentss in this state are too mature in appearance, I don't know why, maybe is what they eat, a girls of js3 will be looking all grown up and already applying make up and have already mastered the art of fake accent and posh gestures.
Your first day with them is what will stick to their subconsciousness, it will make them see u as boring or interesting so try to make it fun. Be very jovial on your first day and try to make them to laugh. At times their attitude might weigh u down and cause u anxiety and depression and make u hate everything, don't stick to the feeling for so long, just see it as teenage crises. Be firm, know the right time to send a student out of the class for constituting a nuisance, don't beat them, you can tell them to pick pin or sit on the air or to slap themselves. Try to show concern about their academic progress, u can call students individually and inquire why they are not doing well, profer solutions to their problems. Relate with them very well and I promise u, u will enjoy the experience.
That is nice o... what state is that and how much do they pay teachers as salary?
Re: Teachers In The House, How's It Like Teaching In A Secondary School by shantti(m): 10:07am On Sep 23, 2021
Marimart:

That is nice o... what state is that and how much do they pay teachers as salary?

Osun state. The first school was paying me #10,000 as a part time teacher. My current school is paying me #16,850 as a full time teacher
Re: Teachers In The House, How's It Like Teaching In A Secondary School by Marimart: 12:46pm On Sep 23, 2021
shantti:

Osun state. The first school was paying me #10,000 as a part time teacher. My current school is paying me #16,850 as a full time teacher
Hmmmm,how is life there generally?
Re: Teachers In The House, How's It Like Teaching In A Secondary School by shantti(m): 12:54pm On Sep 23, 2021
Marimart:

Hmmmm,how is life there generally?

When I saw osun state in my print out, I jubilated, I grew up with the mentality that we igbos over like money and we were too greedy, so I was happy going to a state whose indigens don't like money like us and things will be so cheap. When I came here, I gave up on humanity, everybody cheated me, young,old,tenager, married,unmarried, deaf, dumb and blind. I was confused and disappointed. Everybody here na criminal, their love of money pass igbos own. They don't value corps members at all. Sellers are too hot tempered, they will drive u out of their shops with insult. Am really missing Enugu
Life is not good here at all, things are very expensive, yorubas here love to cheat people at every slight opportunity, they don't care for people at all. If u can help it, don't come to osun state, osun state is so dry, very dry, that's my own experience, it might be different from others.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Many Times Did You Sit For Jamb? / Another Protest Ongoing At FUTO In Owerri (Photos) / Shocking: Cut Off Marks For Federal Unity Colleges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.