Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,198 members, 7,884,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 05:12 AM

Will Chelsea And Arsenal Fans Support Man U Against Barcelona? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Will Chelsea And Arsenal Fans Support Man U Against Barcelona? (992 Views)

Predict This Season's Champion League Winner. Will Chelsea Retain It Or.. Choose / Why Do Most Man Utd Fans Support Real Madrid After Their Club? / Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Chelsea And Arsenal Fans Support Man U Against Barcelona? by BizBooks(m): 10:16am On May 25, 2011
Back in the 70s and 80s, when the Nigerian league was quite popular, we used to support any team representing Nigeria in Africa regardless of our own allegiance. For instance, back then, Rangers International of Enugu and IICC Shooting Stars of Ibadan were arch rivals. But whenever IICC played in the African Cup Winners or Champions Cup competition, they enjoyed massive support from everybody including Rangers’ supporters. The same was true whenever Rangers or other Nigerian teams played in international competitions.

This leads one to wonder whether Chelsea and Arsenal fans of British citizenship will support Man U in their Champions League final match against Barcelona on Saturday. I specifically mentioned British-born fans as I think I already know the wish of Chelsea and Arsenal supporters from Nigeria. And that is nothing short of seeing Man U trounced by Barca. I must admit, I share that wish and I believe it will come true.
Re: Will Chelsea And Arsenal Fans Support Man U Against Barcelona? by snowdrops(m): 10:52am On May 25, 2011
i support two teams

1. arsenal
2. any team that plays man u
Re: Will Chelsea And Arsenal Fans Support Man U Against Barcelona? by 1025: 8:18pm On May 26, 2011
the game is between platini and the rest of football world. barca of late is attracting more enemies than friends with their play acting roles and intimidation of officials. platini the invisible ref will always play his role and the whole football world is beginning to see the hand writing on the wall.
madrid fans, arsenal, chelsea, inter and many other teams who have tested the bitter pills of barca/platini/uefa will always want the downfall of barca
Re: Will Chelsea And Arsenal Fans Support Man U Against Barcelona? by snowdrops(m): 9:49pm On May 26, 2011
i can see man u supporters and all the barca haters are already lining up excuses and who to blame for their walloping on saturday even before a ball is kicked!!!

how pathetic.
Re: Will Chelsea And Arsenal Fans Support Man U Against Barcelona? by cisse7575(m): 10:56pm On May 26, 2011
@snowdrops: don't mind them, they are the bad losers! articles of no commercial value
Re: Will Chelsea And Arsenal Fans Support Man U Against Barcelona? by BizBooks(m): 3:37pm On May 27, 2011
Well, yesterday, I spoke to a friend who resides in London. I was surprised to him say that most Chelsea and Arsenal fans will support Man U against Barcelona. For them, they see the match as a fight between England and Spain.
Re: Will Chelsea And Arsenal Fans Support Man U Against Barcelona? by usbcable(m): 7:12pm On May 27, 2011
i feel just like last years inter vs barca ucl semis, most guys 9ja and non9ja will support man u.
because of the simple reason that they've all tasted defeat at barsa's hand fairly or controversially.
and sadly IMHO last years joy may not repeat itself 'cos barsa are playing incredibly now and they've also learnt the bad habit of play acting.
so they have the good traits which is closer to perfection and they've iherited the viral traits which is simply hollywoodistic.

sorry guys barsa wins tomorow.
Re: Will Chelsea And Arsenal Fans Support Man U Against Barcelona? by BizBooks(m): 8:15pm On May 27, 2011
usbcable:

sorry guys barsa wins tomorow.

You're right. Man U does not stand a chance especially as they have now relied on Chicharito to be their saviour. It is true that he has scored a lot of goals this season. But he does not contribute anything in the build up to an attack. He only waits for the ball to be placed on his feet. That will not work against Barcelona.
Re: Will Chelsea And Arsenal Fans Support Man U Against Barcelona? by snowdrops(m): 8:23pm On May 27, 2011
BizBooks:

You're right. Man U does not stand a chance especially as they have now relied on Chicharito to be their saviour. It is true that he has scored a lot of goals this season. But he does not contribute anything in the build up to an attack. He only waits for the ball to be placed on his feet. That will not work against Barcelona.
you are right. pedro on the other hand has his qualities but also contributes to the build up of goals.

(1) (Reply)

Wigan Sell Victor Moses To Chelsea In A Deal Worth 9m / Which League Is The Most Entertaining? / Watch Barclays Cup Final - Chelsea Vs Aston Villa At 1.30pm Today!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.