Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,945 members, 7,873,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:01 AM

Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work (47690 Views)

I Just Left Motto Park, No More Work For Common Man / Lady Resigns From Big Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There, Company / Lady Caught On CCTV Dancing Outside Her New Place Of Work After Getting A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work by Atticusxsz(m): 4:08pm On Sep 14, 2021
Na so so laugh i just dey laugh here since. grin
It seems majority of persons here didn't finish reading up on how everything played out with her finally.
*Na from Amsterdam she go Dubai and not from this sh#t hole called Naija.
*After she's told no more work in Dubai when she finally got there, she's stranded but after series of job applications, she finally got a job after being resolute and determine and not as if she's still stranded there in Dubai.
Una no go kill person 4 Nairaland. grin
Re: Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work by Klass99(f): 4:08pm On Sep 14, 2021
smiley
Re: Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work by Kingstanding: 4:09pm On Sep 14, 2021
gimakon2:

You are just stupid.
You're very stupid to your forth generation
Re: Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work by Klass99(f): 4:13pm On Sep 14, 2021
smiley
Re: Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work by lkillbrokehoes: 4:14pm On Sep 14, 2021
Atticusxsz:

It seems you read and stopped halfway. grin
Lol u are damn right, I didn't care to read all the news, no time. grin
Re: Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work by bukatyne(f): 4:17pm On Sep 14, 2021
Klass99:

Heard what nah? cheesy

What other details you dey find again? grin The article says she quit one job for another, reach Dubai come jam gbese.

Na real jam gbese!

This is the handiwork of international people not village people again.
Re: Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work by lkillbrokehoes: 4:21pm On Sep 14, 2021
illitracy:
A court in Dubai once ordered a company to pay an Indian 50 million Dirham after he got a job and resigned in his come country, only to arrive in UAE and get delayed from taking his role.

Giving an offer later to someone then later refusing the role is a crime in UAE. With a good lawyer this lady could hammer.

The fact that she came with a one way ticket means he had a visa designated employment, the is the only way you can board with a one way ticket. Either your visa says employment or residence.

They could win a huge sum she a good lawyer defends her in court and claim damages.
I think she should get a good lawyer that will fight for her
Re: Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work by Sholaco: 4:24pm On Sep 14, 2021
Eyah
Re: Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work by 27Pushing30: 4:26pm On Sep 14, 2021
Ammishaddai:
A bird at hand is better than a thousand in the bushes. This is the wisdom a lot job seekers don't have when foolishly leaving their place of work in search for greener pastures

with such mindset you might never make it in life.
Re: Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work by gbagyiza: 4:38pm On Sep 14, 2021
Judah95:
Life is a risk. She took a calculated risk, and as long she's alive, there are better days ahead. A new beginning for her in Dubai. Let her begin legit hustle and it will pay off.

You said it all. she don't need to regret her actions, life is actually a risk.
Re: Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 14, 2021
Klass99:

I hear you but I would rather stay in Amsterdam and pay that tax than move to a country like Dubai.

I don't have a problem with paying high tax or paying for services if I am getting value in return (I am sure the Amsterdam Govt is not like our Nigerian govt) This money some of us run after like Hussein Bolt, it will not follow us to the grave so I will make the most of it on earth where it is useful.

One of my friends is in the habit of asking why can't you wash a few clothing items with your hands? I always tell her I didn't buy a washing machine to look at it and still be using my hands to wash, when I die that machine will not follow me to the grave. So, I will make good use of it while alive.

Shey our people say awoof dey run belle? She left Amsterdam for Dubai and see what happened. In my mind, countries get levels o and some better pass others (whether they are tax free or not)

Okay cool sha, I guess it's all about perspective and where we are at every point of life.

I would have probably done the same thing as money is more important to me even though I won't take it to heaven cheesy

She was just unfortunate.
Re: Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work by onyedan(m): 4:42pm On Sep 14, 2021
embarassed
Re: Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work by Klass99(f): 4:44pm On Sep 14, 2021
smiley
Re: Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work by Funkybabee(f): 4:47pm On Sep 14, 2021
It's normal

She will regain her feet back jare

Survival is to gamble

We are on battle field
Re: Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work by Klass99(f): 4:51pm On Sep 14, 2021
smiley
Re: Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work by FutureIsFemale(f): 4:54pm On Sep 14, 2021
Andyvilly:

If given the opportunity to speak on a bigger platform to a precise larger audience would you be willing?
I was given and I did.
Re: Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work by Dee60: 4:57pm On Sep 14, 2021
How can this be true?
Re: Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work by Boniwhite: 5:04pm On Sep 14, 2021
Mercychen:
A bird in hand is always better and surest.

Eh.. see where the confidence has landed her now.

It's not this time around you take such risks. I mean... we all know how difficult it is getting a job these days.
The economy world over is not smiling.
nothing good come easy,she took a calculated risk yeah. See to gain you gotta lose something,simple.
Re: Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work by EBEk101(m): 5:04pm On Sep 14, 2021
Solatium:

You no go school abi you no understand English?
She moved from a bank in Amsterdam in Holland
Ai been wan comment first
But no be me cuz ur frustration oh
Re: Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work by illitracy: 5:15pm On Sep 14, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
I think she should get a good lawyer that will fight for her

If this story is true and the lady approaches the ministry of human resources Mohre on 80060 toll free number, she Don hammer.
Re: Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work by ezechi24(m): 5:16pm On Sep 14, 2021
Judah95:
Life is a risk. She took a calculated risk, and as long she's alive, there are better days ahead. A new beginning for her in Dubai. Let her begin legit hustle and it will pay off.

oga its like you no know say dubai don cast for nigerians....the job is still there they just dont want to give it to a nigerian....they had a rethink....my own opinion though..
Re: Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 14, 2021
Boniwhite:
nothing good come easy,she took a calculated risk yeah. See to gain you gotta lose something,simple.

I'm sure she didn't set out to lose though.
Re: Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work by Solatium(m): 5:22pm On Sep 14, 2021
EBEk101:

Ai been wan comment first
But no be me cuz ur frustration oh

We say you no know book you dey talk about frustration,what is the correlation between issue raised and frustration?

Small time una go dey abuse Buhari say he Carry NEPA bill do certificate
Re: Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work by Solatium(m): 5:25pm On Sep 14, 2021
Klass99:

Lol grin, I feel you on the money part.
But still, in my mind Amsterdam and Dubai no be mates.
Forget all the structural developments in Dubai and the fact that it is a destination spot for most vacationers.
Amsterdam anytime, any day for me.

An emerging economy is far better than an established economy, opportunities are bound in an emerging economy than an established ones,there is no impact you can make,you will only be scratching the surface.
She had seen it,which was what informed her decision
Re: Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work by Solatium(m): 5:30pm On Sep 14, 2021
jimter44:
The unemployment palaver is everywhere. Imagine applying for 70 jobs in Dubai without success.

The grass is not always Greener from where you are standing
Re: Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work by IkengaRussell(m): 5:34pm On Sep 14, 2021
Wait oo,my eyes dey pain me?? shocked shocked..She moved from Amsterdam to Dubai??Freaking Netherlands to UAE??.. Beast her spirit sha.
Re: Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work by EBEk101(m): 5:44pm On Sep 14, 2021
Solatium:

We say you no know book you dey talk about frustration,what is the correlation between issue raised and frustration?

Small time una go dey abuse Buhari say he Carry NEPA bill do certificate
Who is we ? You are sounding frustrated and bittered
Re: Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work by bodybuilder: 5:55pm On Sep 14, 2021
gimakon2:

Stop seeing only the sex in women.
I love sex so so much, but i dont see only the sex they have to offer. Na wetin u give them , them go give you back. If you make them Leaders, they will give u a Blessed nation , if you make them Sex objects, remember say unwanted pregnancy day, them go give u pikin. Na when e reach for PTA meeting , you go see the Ozuor u day date and marry, na that time u go understand as things day go.

She left Amsterdam for Dubai. She can go back and continue her life. No be everything be Olosho. You have sisters, and you go get Daughters too. Be guided.

It was a fuccking joke.
Re: Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work by Gfskw: 5:58pm On Sep 14, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work by Balotellionuwa: 6:07pm On Sep 14, 2021
She will surely make it... as long as she's legit. Nothing good comes easy
Re: Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work by angelfallz(m): 6:46pm On Sep 14, 2021
*tongue in cheek
Dubai is the happening place. It is a place for who is who in the world.
Just saying you've been to Dubai increases your rep 10 folds. Not to talk of working in Dubai.

Amsterdam. Amsterdam? Who Sabi Amsterdam. Na person village be that? grin

Klass99:

Heard what nah? cheesy

Re: Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work by Ameduedwin: 7:11pm On Sep 14, 2021
she should have take a sick leave or annually leave to go and view the place first, if the thing doesn't work out as she want she Will immediately return to her work.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

National Directorate Of Employment Recruitment 2017 Application Form / I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection / Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.