Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,916 members, 7,922,244 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 10:25 PM

5 Things You Should Never Say To A Child - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Things You Should Never Say To A Child (385 Views)

5 Things You Must Never Say To Your Husband For A Peaceful Marriage / "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child / "Doctors Told Me I Will Have A Child 5 Years After My Accident But Now" - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things You Should Never Say To A Child by JoyKayFashion(f): 11:34am On Sep 17, 2021
5 things you should never say to a child.

As children grow up, they become increasingly impressionable and receptive.

How we speak to our children influences the way they view the world and themselves.

So, it makes sense that we should speak to them in a healthy manner to help them grow, and to make them feel supported and loved.

Here are some of the things that we should never say to our children:

1) “Stop crying, you’ll be fine”.
Telling children to stop crying makes them feel like they are wrong for showing emotion.

Instead, try saying: “What’s the matter? Why are you crying?” – and not in a hostile manner.

2) As much as it is true that parents do a lot for their children, constantly reminding them of it can make them feel like a burden rather than love.

Instead, try saying: “We do things for you because we love you so please do .......[. ]....for me.”

3) Do I have to tell you this 100 times?
This one is a classic.By telling your children this, you’re essentially nagging about how much you need to nag, which clearly isn’t getting through to them.

Instead,try say: I’ve told you this before,but could you please…….

This way,it will make chicken feel like they should comply and not make you repeat yourself to begin with.

4) Big girls/boys don’t don’t do that”
A very common example of this is “ big/boys don’t cry” usually followed by “ crying is only for babies”. If there is something you are unhappy about,never use their age as an excuse.

Instead, you can say : I don’t think it’s a good idea to do ……..

5). I’m disappointed in you” As much as disappointment is a very valid feeling, this word alone can be so scarring.

Many people genuinely grow up believing they are a disappointment to their families because they are mindlessly told this throughout their lifetimes.

#lovely17thseptartcrest

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Should Never Say To A Child by Dlovelymidwife(f): 11:36am On Sep 17, 2021
"I'd rather throw it away than give it to you"... This is also very bad..
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Say To A Child by duro4chang(m): 11:41am On Sep 17, 2021
Your own opinion . To me these are ...
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Say To A Child by KillIgbohoN0W: 12:10pm On Sep 17, 2021
"Wear your payint. Don't tell your mummy"

This is very bad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Should Never Say To A Child by TILORMADE(f): 12:41pm On Sep 17, 2021
Very true and realistic!
Thanks for sharing�
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Say To A Child by Sonnobax15(m): 9:50pm On Sep 17, 2021
cool
All Cool

(1) (Reply)

Fully-funded Masters Scholarship In China 2021-2022 / _ / Video Of 9 Years Old Boy’s Remains Found In Home Along With Abandoned Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.