Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,978 members, 7,873,149 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:50 AM

All About The New Xiaomi Redmi 10 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / All About The New Xiaomi Redmi 10 (2493 Views)

Pictures And Spec's Of The Rumoured Redmi 10. / I Finally Got The New Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 / The All New Xiaomi Mi Max 3 Is Big, Bold And Beautiful (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All About The New Xiaomi Redmi 10 by ChidiebereItk: 3:54pm On Sep 17, 2021
Xiaomi, one of the hottest mobile brands in the world is dedicated to offering its fans excellent smartphone specs even above what they paid for and that can be seen on the Xiaomi Redmi 10. Xiaomi Redmi 10 is an entry-level phone with a revamped specifications, introducing a lot of new features and upgrades from the Redmi 9 launched last year.

This midrange killer device features the same 6.5-inch display that’s found on its predecessor alongside a 1080 × 2400 pixels resolution. Fortunately, we have a slightly upgraded processor of MediaTek Helio G88 chipset alongside up to 6GB of RAM. When it comes to photography, the Redmi 10 has a quad-camera set-up in the rear and one upfront that takes amazing photos.

The smartphone is currently in the second range of the Xiaomi budget segment after the Xiaomi Redmi Note models. Meanwhile, with its specifications, it competes with the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 family launched earlier this year. We’ve done thorough research on the ultra-modern Redmi 10 and brought out its full review, specs, and current price in Nigeria.

Design and Display

When it comes to design, the Redmi 10 is not a bad looking phone as it sports some design aspects of the Redmi Note 10. Why it has a plastic back, it still manages to withstand shock pleasure and offers comfortability while at your hands. Fortunately, Xiaomi has shifted the middle-mounted rear camera to the top left side which gave the phone a more flagship design.

Similar to its predecessor, the Redmi 10’s screen is protected by a Corning Gorilla Glass 3 which helps to keep the price low. Meanwhile, the plastic rear is durable and shiny although there’s no water-resistant rating. There are some nice touches too including NFC, IR blaster, and a 3.5mm headphone jack at the bottom edge. On the top left corner is the dual-SIM tray alongside an SDcard slot that does not require you to sacrifice one in place of another. This is specifically useful especially when you’re going for the basic 64GB storage variant.

For a budget phone, it’s a surprise to see the fingerprint shifted to work alongside the power button. This is the same feature of the Note 10 that makes it unique. The Xiaomi Redmi 10 design is rather premium and overwhelming. We don’t think anything is stopping you from buying this device.

The display itself doesn’t sport many upgrades apart from the addition of a 90Hz refresh rate. This makes strolling through the photos, watching movies, or playing games smoothly and it’s rare to see on a budget device. At 6.5-inch, it has the same size as the Redmi 9 but sports a dot-hole notch instead of the normal teardrop screen notch.

While we won’t be having an AMOLED screen on this model, the LCD panel is still bright enough for outdoor use. Other features of the Redmi 10 screen include an FHD+ (1080 x 2400 pixels) resolution, a 19.5:9 aspect ratio, and 400 nits of maximum brightness level.

Cameras

Similar to its predecessor, the Xiaomi Redmi 10 has a quad-camera set-up which is outstanding for a budget phone. A 50-MP primary shooter that’s is accompanied by an 8-MP ultrawide sensor, 2-MP macro lens, and another 2-MP depth sensor is more than enough to give you a decent camera performance. Upfront is an 8-MP selfie camera that’s hidden in the dot-hole notch instead of the teardrop notch that’s on the Redmi 9.

In daylight settings, the camera works well and deliver perfect photos above its competitors, credit to Xiaomi’s AI cam mode. Despite being a budget device, we were very impressed by how detailed photos taken were which makes the image quality incredible.

When it comes to video, we’re very impressed with the 4k resolution which can give you either 720p or 1080p at 30fps.

Battery Capacity

Why battery life shouldn’t be considered while buying a smartphone as almost all phones are equipped with a durable battery that can comfortably last for a day and the Redmi 10 isn’t any different. The 5000mAh on the Xiaomi Redmi 10 can easily last for 48 hours on average use and 24 hours on heavy usage. Meanwhile, it comes equipped with an 18W fast charging support that can power the phone from empty to full battery in less than 2 hours.

Xiaomi Redmi 10: Price in Nigeria and Availability

Prior to its release in Nigeria, you can buy the Redmi 10 at Jumia, Konga, or other online and offline stores in Nigeria. The Xiaomi Redmi 10 is expected to be released in Nigeria in the middle of September 2021.

The Xiaomi Redmi 10 has two models with the entry-level costing about ₦130,000 (equivalent to $250) while the bigger storage variant will be on sale at ₦160,000 (about $291). This high price is caused by the high exchange rate of dollar to naira as $250 is a fair price for a phone of this kind.

Check out the full specifications here: https://techcity.com.ng/xiaomi-redmi-10-review-and-price-in-nigeria/

Re: All About The New Xiaomi Redmi 10 by Goalnaldo(m): 5:16pm On Sep 17, 2021
I'll rather buy the note 10 with super Amoled display.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: All About The New Xiaomi Redmi 10 by Meister(m): 7:15pm On Sep 17, 2021
Nice write up but you don't know the price it'll be at all. There's no way in hell it'll cost anything close to that
Re: All About The New Xiaomi Redmi 10 by yourgistpartner: 7:27pm On Sep 17, 2021
Not me thinking I will upgrade from redmi 9 to 10. I will rather get a note 20 with the money
Re: All About The New Xiaomi Redmi 10 by pat077: 9:03pm On Sep 17, 2021
How can redmi 10 be more expensive than reddmi note 10? I'm not sure u really know the price.

2 Likes

Re: All About The New Xiaomi Redmi 10 by Izendu: 10:57pm On Sep 17, 2021
Your write up was good but don’t conclude about the price till Xiaomi releases it themselves

1 Like

Re: All About The New Xiaomi Redmi 10 by ChidiebereItk: 11:31pm On Sep 17, 2021
Meister:
Nice write up but you don't know the price it'll be at all. There's no way in hell it'll cost anything close to that
From my source, and I converted according to the current dollar rate. Even the Note 10 Pro's price has sparked up.
Re: All About The New Xiaomi Redmi 10 by hansomb: 12:35am On Sep 18, 2021
Your conversations does not tally with reality my friend
Re: All About The New Xiaomi Redmi 10 by Chillinmasoul(m): 1:38am On Sep 18, 2021
Re: All About The New Xiaomi Redmi 10 by Meister(m): 11:38am On Sep 18, 2021
ChidiebereItk:

From my source, and I converted according to the current dollar rate. Even the Note 10 Pro's price has sparked up.

Your source is extremely incorrect, the 4/64 and 4/128 of that phone will certainly not be up to 100k I'm certain of this. It can't be more expensive than the Note 10
Re: All About The New Xiaomi Redmi 10 by Emmanuel224(m): 1:54pm On Sep 18, 2021
ChidiebereItk:

Re: All About The New Xiaomi Redmi 10 by Emmanuel224(m): 1:57pm On Sep 18, 2021
Meister:

Your source is extremely incorrect, the 4/64 and 4/128 of that phone will certainly not be up to 100k I'm certain of this. It can't be more expensive than the Note 10
it'll be at the d 100k price range

Re: All About The New Xiaomi Redmi 10 by Meister(m): 2:40pm On Sep 18, 2021
Emmanuel224:
it'll be at the d 100k price range

Someone just put it up for sale, 85k and 90k for the 4/128 and 6/128 variants respectively
Re: All About The New Xiaomi Redmi 10 by skywalker240(m): 4:54pm On Sep 18, 2021
I doubt the redmi 10 will be sold for that price.
it will be cheaper.
Re: All About The New Xiaomi Redmi 10 by Midex88(m): 6:20am On Dec 09, 2021
Pls who is experiencing this feature on their redmi note 10 gadget. "Do not cover the earphone area"
I have been seeing this and once it's comes all the phone screen will just go blank.
How can I deactivate the feature.

Re: All About The New Xiaomi Redmi 10 by kaymart: 9:53am On Jan 21, 2023
Midex88:
Pls who is experiencing this feature on their redmi note 10 gadget. "Do not cover the earphone area"
I have been seeing this and once it's comes all the phone screen will just go blank.
How can I deactivate the feature.
How did you go about this...
I'm tired of seeing the stuff over Nd over again
Re: All About The New Xiaomi Redmi 10 by Mckandre(m): 6:51pm On Jan 21, 2023
kaymart:

temper glass wasn't done properly, u probably used the one with black lined rim.
Re: All About The New Xiaomi Redmi 10 by kaymart: 7:12pm On Jan 21, 2023
Mckandre:
temper glass wasn't done properly, u probably used the one with black lined rim.
I tot as much...
Thanks
Re: All About The New Xiaomi Redmi 10 by Midex88(m): 5:38am On Jan 23, 2023
kaymart:

I removed the screen guard I bought and it has been working since then. Despite the phone falling, the screen remain intact. No issues

(1) (Reply)

Phone Manufacturers Are Removing The 3.5mm Earpiece Port. What Do You Think? / Send Sms 4mr Pc Tp Phone 4 Free / Microsoft Releases A Very Cheap Phone With Gprs And Good Battery Life..nokia 130

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.