Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,220 members, 7,913,475 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 07:52 AM

Behind Closed Doors - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Behind Closed Doors (851 Views)

Beyond Closed Doors (18+) / Behind Closed Doors Chapter 2 / Beyond The Closed Doors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Behind Closed Doors by Anandita(f): 9:56pm On Sep 17, 2021
Hi everyone. I'm thrilled to be here and would love to share my work with you all. If it's okay, I will post more. Criticisms are allowed but with a kind tone �

Mom sharp shrill roused me out of my bed. She kept screaming that I jumped from bed without putting on my shoes and started downstairs. I was disoriented as I skipped the stairs rounded the S shape to meet the most horrendous sight ever I didn't know whether am in a dream or not. Mom was by the dinning table still screaming attracting the helps in the house. By the small stairs leading to the dinning table was my dad in his pool of blood with a knife struck to his chest, Nadiya kneeling beside him both hands on his chest with his blood on them. His blood?!

" You should probably call the police"

The calmness in her voice shook me. I was still watching numb, I was there but not physically there. She stood up and turned to face me. No tears in her face, her eyes were hard and her face emotionless. There was a splash of red on her face and I flinched. Who was this? Mom slipped to the floor and that's when I snapped rushing to help her.

Watching her from the witness box, there was no regrets in her eyes and it looked like she wanted whatever punishment to be done with. She didn't want a lawyer. There was not guilty from her. The judge sentenced her to death by hanging. As the hammer hit the desk, she turned and glanced at me before allowing herself to be handcuffed. I heard the loud wail her mother gave from the back bench, my mother touched my arm and I went out

I kept thinking about events leading up to her sentence. Nadiya had been a close friend at first, quiet and reserved. She'd prefer to be the observed and often, I'd catch her scribbling her thoughts in a poetic form. I missed out a year due to my scholarship to study abroad. We lost touch. The eve I returned, that's when I noticed something was happening. Nadiya refused to look me in the eye, she didn't come to my house anymore, she didn't let me see or talk to her. There was this coldness about her as if she was encased in ice and her eyes were full of hatred. I noticed that her dad was quiet and her mom didn't know what happened. She told me Nadiya had been happy for my return home but, here she hesitated and insists on adding more meats to the food I hadn't touched. That was the first and last time she talked to me about Nadiya. My parents were clueless about what happened, Mom didn't like her anyway so good riddance! Her dad was a terrible alcoholic and well kind of violent towards his wife. Nadiya never told me if he used the belt on her too.Dad wanted me to give her space. There was so much I wanted to know but I let it slide for a while it's good to be back home so I relaxed.

It was good to be home and talk about politics and the state of Nigeria with Dad. He is my role model, a pediatric doctor at the general hospital. I want to be just like him. He takes care of mom and is so gentle towards children. He liked Nadiya and would always tell me that she is okay. Okay no more straying to thoughts about someone who is now keeping malice with me right? But I can't. No matter how hard I tried to stop thinking about her even after she killed my Dad. When she glanced at me in the courtroom it was almost like a trick of an eye for she quickly looked away before I read into what it meant only that my heart skipped. I'm in love with my beloved father's murderer!

When there an appeal to the court of appeal, my mom was horrified to find out that it was from me appointing myself as Nadiya's lawyer. Everyone was gobsmacked!

Even though all evidence points to her, the child of a violent and abusive father and her finger prints on the knife together with her confession, I feel like there is more to it. Nadiya knew my father way long back and she sometimes tells me he is like a father she had never had. Why would she stab him? What happened during the time I was not around? Till I covered all my doubts, I'd still not let her be killed. But what if she is still a demon like mom said----i swallowed. Adjusted my tie to get ready to meet my client who I haven't spoken to for long

1 Like

Re: Behind Closed Doors by Ochari: 10:34pm On Sep 17, 2021
Get The Latest gist,
```True Stories, Relationship Matters Sport Gist, Global News Update, Reality Gists, Give Away, Brain Teaser, Free Predictions & many more...```
Learn, Share & Grow Without limit.
https:///message/YDSB7IOAEUJGM1
Re: Behind Closed Doors by ashatoda: 8:33pm On Sep 19, 2021
Will the op finish this story? Sincerely I don't know but wish she does

1 Like

Re: Behind Closed Doors by Anandita(f): 11:25am On Sep 20, 2021
[Nadiya]

Skipping and humming, I almost made a dash home. Giggling, I made my way home smiling and greeting everyone I met on the way. I couldn't wait to tell Mom...oh the expression on her face would be priceless

" You look like a maniac" That was Nosa. Oops I completely forgot he was trailing home with me. I slowed down and turn to look at his bemused expression.
Hands in his pocket. His cardigan was carelessly wrapped around his neck
" You don't know how happy I am" I playfully punched him on the shoulder.
He never lets anyone touch him but who cares. I turned serious

" Seriously I don't know how to thank your Dad. It really means so much to me" his Dad just paid my school fees for the fifth time and am really numb with how to properly thank him.

" Yes you can. How about washing the uniform of mine you just stained! I mean do you...."

" Here comes your driver, Daddy's boy" I cut him off as the black car drives towards us. Everyday after school, his dad makes sure the driver come to get him even though Nosa feels he is no longer a child, his father is kind of adamant. It pulls to a stop beside us and the driver rolls down the window

" Hi Nadiya" He smiles his toothy smile.

" Good Afternoon" I gave him a small smile as he gets out of the car and throws Amir the keys. " Am not sure that's legal"

Joseph shakes his head as he moves to the passenger sit while Nosa pulls open the door and gets behind the wheels

" Smooth!" whispers as he runs his hands over the wheels. His Dad will never let him get behind the wheels till next year

" Okay we have to start going. Madam says to be home quick visitors...."

" Got it! " Hey Nadiya get in "

He knows there is no way he can drop me. Even though we've been friends since primary school, my Dad...

" Yeye. So that you fit kill me with your monstrous driving skills abi? Thanks Sonic! " I gave a mock salute and salute and step back
He gave me a smile and waved.
" See you tomorrow, N" he reversed and watched the hazardous driving that leaves dust behind. His Dad is totally right. Smiling I turned to leave for home apprehensive
~*~*~*~*
[ Nadiya]

That was the first memory that came to me as I saw him in the visitors Lodge dressed in cooperate struggling with his tie a file in front of him. I turned to the guards to be led back to the cell

" Nadiya! " I heard him call out but I didn't turn back. That was the fourth time I rejected to see him. Why would he want to see me? Why would he solicit for an appeal?

As I lay on the cold ground, I didn't let myself think too deep. I didn't realize I was humming till Dizzy warned me in a loud voice to tune it. Her name was Florence but due to the fact that she was always dizzy, Dizzy stuck as her name.

Dizzy was a pregnant woman jailed for the murder of her husband six months back. Discovering she is pregnant her lawyer is seeking the Government's mercy

" Hey! Heard you keep rejecting your lawyer. Don't want to leave here I see" That was her lowering herself before me.

" I hear he is good looking" that was Susan jailed for stabbing her boyfriend.

" What's with you and men who are good looking?" Aisha asked amused as she prop her head on her arm by my side

Susan gave a sly smile and popped out her gum
" You actually get second thoughts before nailing them" she said

" Eww" but they were all laughing

" I do hope I leave here soon. Don't want my baby becoming mad too" Dizzy was still laughing

" Hey Nadiya. What's up? You haven't touched your food" Always the foodlum Susan
" Ah! Leave her alone. You know she doesn't like to talk" Aisha let her her head drop back on the floor
," Yes but she loves to murder her best friend Dad" Susan says with a glint and everywhere goes quiet. I won't let myself react. I kept saying in my head even as image of Susan her head bashed against the metallic door came to my mind. I smiled humming

" Nadiya".

Aisha's scream snaps me out and I see that I was hitting Susan's head against the door. I turned to see them all looking at me strangely with a tinge of fear even...Aisha
I let go of Susan's bloody head as the wardens pull the door and me out. With every hit at my back, I refuse to let myself react. I push my thoughts further and barricade it

(1) (Reply)

Interesting Web Based Booksite / A Dating Book By A 9yr Old! / Horror Readers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.