Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,935 members, 7,933,345 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 03:45 AM

There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist (9919 Views)

Does God Exist? / Even If God Exist, It Can’t Be The Christian God. / Charles Omole: Biodun Fatoyinbo May Not Be Convicted, Busola Has No Evidence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Nothingserious: 9:39pm On Sep 22, 2021
Workch:
God doesn’t exist cheesy
So fun doing this cheesy

I am still building God into your subconscious. You must learn sense by force.

Good point.
1. Can we start with your consciousness?
If you can’t show me empirical proof for your consciousness, then you don’t exist. Agreed? Show us.

Number 2: show us empirical proofs for your logic and reasoning applied in this discourse. If you can’t , we can assume we all haven’t been applying logic in diverse ways here. Pls show us.

3. Show us an empirical proof of your mind not being separate from your body and our discussion happening in real time.We need to be sure you are typing in real time and not a million years ago.

4. Show me empirical proof for maths or we assume they don’t exist.

4. Show me an empirical proof that the device you are holding is finer and more beautiful aesthetically than mine.

If you don’t have any of these proofs, then you don’t exist, your mind don’t exist, aesthetics don’t exist, maths don’t exist , logic don’t exist.
I am following your logic and I like it.
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 9:40pm On Sep 22, 2021
Nothingserious:

I am still building God into your subconscious. You must learn sense by force.

Good point.
If you can’t show me empirical proof for your consciousness, then you don’t exist. Agreed? Show us.

Number 2: show us empirical proofs for your logic and reasoning applied in this discourse. If you can’t , we can assume we all haven’t been applying logic in diverse ways here. Pls show us.

3. Show us an empirical proof of your mind not being separate from your body and our discussion happening in real time.We need to be sure you are typing in real time and not a million years ago.

4. Show me an empirical proof that the device you are holding is finer and more beautiful aesthetically than mine.

If you don’t have any of these proofs, then you don’t exist, your mind don’t exist, aesthetics don’t exist, maths don’t exist , logic don’t exist.
God doesn’t exist.
You have proven that grin
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Nothingserious: 9:44pm On Sep 22, 2021
Workch:
God doesn’t exist.
You have proven that grin

Good point.

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 9:44pm On Sep 22, 2021
Nothingserious:

Good point.

God doesn’t exist

cheesy
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 9:49pm On Sep 22, 2021
Nothingserious, I am here to take your silly questions, please don’t stop grin

God doesn’t exist
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 9:50pm On Sep 22, 2021
Nothingserious, your imaginary friend doesn’t exist grin
Deal with it
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Olayoo: 9:51pm On Sep 22, 2021
Workch:
Nothingserious, your imaginary friend doesn’t exist grin
Deal with it
But u said he does
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 9:55pm On Sep 22, 2021
Olayoo:

But u said he does
The Flying Spaghetti Monster exist, Christian god doesn’t exist grin
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Olayoo: 9:58pm On Sep 22, 2021
What if the flying spaghetti monster is secretly the christian God. cool
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 10:02pm On Sep 22, 2021
Olayoo:
What if the flying spaghetti monster is secretly the christian God. cool
Then Christians have to start reading the gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster and not the Bible grin

They need to start following the doctrines to receive blessings from his noodly appendages. Christians have to start wearing colanders and pirate attire to worship the most noodly.

Remember he boiled for your sins, Parmesan be upon him. grin

2 Likes

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Olayoo: 10:06pm On Sep 22, 2021
Workch:
Then Christians have to start reading the gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster and not the Bible grin

They need to start following the doctrines to receive blessings from his noodly appendages. Christians have to start wearing colanders and pirate attire to worship the most noodly.

Remember he boiled for your sins, Parmesan be upon him. grin
What if this flying spaghetti monster preferred the bible and the other Christian stuffs.

1 Like

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 10:06pm On Sep 22, 2021
Olayoo:

What if this flying spaghetti monster preferred the bible and the other Christian stuffs.
What is he doesn’t? grin
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Olayoo: 10:12pm On Sep 22, 2021
Workch:
What is he doesn’t? grin

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Nothingserious: 10:51pm On Sep 22, 2021
Workch:
Nothingserious, I am here to take your silly questions, please don’t stop grin

God doesn’t exist

I actually made my point a long time ago.
This is nothing serious. I am just having fun.
Just showing you how silly and warped your logic is. I know that for the next 100 years, you can never answer any of those questions.
I know you exist even though you can’t prove your consciousness. I know logic exists even though you can’t prove it. I know you have a mind even though you can’t empirically prove it.
I know you appreciate aesthetics even though you can’t prove it empirically. I know numbers exist even though you have no empirical proof for them. I know you appreciate beauty even though you can’t demonstrate it empirically. I know the experiences we have about the origins of the universe are true even though we can’t empirically demonstrate them.
Those are true even without empirical proofs.
There are no scientific proofs for scientific theories/laws. But we know and assume they are valid. To say science has disproved God is not even a scientific truth and is not an empirical statement.

God is immaterial, timeless, spaceless and transcendent. You cannot use the prism of materialism to demonstrate God with a lab crucible. You cannot even strictly say “proof of God” as proofs are strictly done in maths.

But we have various arguments that have been adduced intellectually for God’s existence:

1. Cosmological argument notably the Kalaaam Cosmological argument.
2. Teleological arguments that talk about fine-tuning
3. Arguments from morality
4. The times, works, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and his teachings and revelations about God
5. Personal experiences and divine revelations through the Holy Spirit in the life of believers.

If you are a sincere atheist, you would argue about the sufficiency and insufficiency of the adduced evidences or arguments. If you are an insincere and amateur atheist, you would just scream “ no evidence for God”.

Choose wisely the type of atheist you want to be and defend your position.
But then, no atheist has successfully demonstrated God doesn’t exist.

You may read up the weaknesses of verificationism and scientism to help your stance.

This is my last response to you for now.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Koolyarn: 10:58pm On Sep 22, 2021
Workch:
we have evidence for body, where is the evidence for spirit and soul?

Conscience? Emotions ?

1 Like

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 6:50am On Sep 23, 2021
Koolyarn:

Conscience? Emotions ?
You skipped class when they were giving definition for the word “evidence”?
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 6:51am On Sep 23, 2021
Nothingserious:

I actually made my point a long time ago.
This is nothing serious. I am just having fun.
Just showing you how silly and warped your logic is. I know that for the next 100 years, you can never answer any of those questions.
I know you exist even though you can’t prove your consciousness. I know logic exists even though you can’t prove it. I know you have a mind even though you can’t empirically prove it.
I know you appreciate aesthetics even though you can’t prove it empirically. I know numbers exist even though you have no empirical proof for them. I know you appreciate beauty even though you can’t demonstrate it empirically. I know the experiences we have about the origins of the universe are true even though we can’t empirically demonstrate them.
Those are true even without empirical proofs.
There are no scientific proofs for scientific theories/laws. But we know and assume they are valid. To say science has disproved God is not even a scientific truth and is not an empirical statement.

God is immaterial, timeless, spaceless and transcendent. You cannot use the prism of materialism to demonstrate God with a lab crucible. You cannot even strictly say “proof of God” as proofs are strictly done in maths.

But we have various arguments that have been adduced intellectually for God’s existence:

1. Cosmological argument notably the Kalaaam Cosmological argument.
2. Teleological arguments that talk about fine-tuning
3. Arguments from morality
4. The times, works, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and his teachings and revelations about God
5. Personal experiences and divine revelations through the Holy Spirit in the life of believers.

If you are a sincere atheist, you would argue about the sufficiency and insufficiency of the adduced evidences or arguments. If you are an insincere and amateur atheist, you would just scream “ no evidence for God”.

Choose wisely the type of atheist you want to be and defend your position.
But then, no atheist has successfully demonstrated God doesn’t exist.

You may read up the weaknesses of verificationism and scientism to help your stance.

This is my last response to you for now.

Cheers
God Still doesn’t exist dude.
Your point didn’t bring your god into existence
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by BassReeves: 7:48am On Sep 23, 2021
Workch:
God Still doesn’t exist dude.
Your point didn’t bring your god into existence

1 Like

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Olayoo: 9:23am On Sep 23, 2021
Workch:
I am not here to teach you basic science. It’s not problem if you cannot afford telescopes that can detect black holes or you don’t know that satellites cannot give accurate GPS readings without properly accounting for effects of 4th dimension.

You can’t be scientifically illiterate and be gullible at the same time grin

That’s too much for you to bear cheesy

Just give me anything to test your god

Bro u talk like the illiterate you are talking about. Here u said " if I cannot afford the telescopes that can "detect" black hole". Dude u are dumb.Scientists can't directly observe black holes with telescopes .We can, however, infer the presence of black holes and study them by detecting their effect on other matter nearby. But yet its presence its still doubted. There are theories that suggest they may not exist. Maybe fuzzballs does it all.
And for the fourth dimension, Mr atheist who talks without full knowledge of what he his are talking about, you said "satellites cannot give accurate GPS readings without properly accounting for effects of 4th dimension. ". Correlation does not imply causation. If they feel the effects of the fourth dimension doesn't mean it exist. Yet we still think it does.
Stop babbling about evidence up and down but understand that one of the principles of the sciences is falsifiability. Because there is no evidence that conform to your limited senses doesn't mean he doesn't exist.

2 Likes

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Bacteriologist(m): 9:59am On Sep 23, 2021
Olayoo:

Because there is no evidence that conform to your limited senses doesn't mean he doesn't exist.

True. But wouldn't the sensible thing to do, be to suspend belief until sufficient evidence is presented?

1 Like

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by BassReeves: 10:09am On Sep 23, 2021
Bacteriologist:
True. But wouldn't the sensible thing to do, be to suspend belief until sufficient evidence is presented?
1. Do you suspend sleeping at night until sufficient evidence is presented and guaranteeing that you will wake up the following morning?
2. Do you suspend getting out your bed, to go to work, until until sufficient evidence is presented and guaranteeing that every single thing you'll be doing will go well and have good success?

2 Likes

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 12:14pm On Sep 23, 2021
[s]
Olayoo:

Bro u talk like the illiterate you are talking about. Here u said " if I cannot afford the telescopes that can "detect" black hole". Dude u are dumb.Scientists can't directly observe black holes with telescopes .We can, however, infer the presence of black holes and study them by detecting their effect on other matter nearby. But yet its presence its still doubted. There are theories that suggest they may not exist. Maybe fuzzballs does it all.
And for the fourth dimension, Mr atheist who talks without full knowledge of what he his are talking about, you said "satellites cannot give accurate GPS readings without properly accounting for effects of 4th dimension. ". Correlation does not imply causation. If they feel the effects of the fourth dimension doesn't mean it exist. Yet we still think it does.
Stop babbling about evidence up and down but understand that one of the principles of the sciences is falsifiability. Because there is no evidence that conform to your limited senses doesn't mean he doesn't exist[/s].
You are a scientifically illiterate person. An arrogant one at that, since you want science education, I will school you and still let you know that you god does not exist.
Whenever a religious person tries to talk science, they always end up embarrassing themselves and saying jargons cheesy

Fourth dimension is time, that according to the theory of relativity postulated by Albert Einstein. It implies that after the x,y,z dimensions in spaces, time serves as the 4the dimension hence formulated the term space-time continuum to describe the relation between x,y,z and fourth diemension “time”.
Einstein theory of relativity describes perception of time, which is the fourth deimension as being relative, hence the theory of relativity. He says that the time perceived by an object depends on the how it travels through the space-time fabric, the perception of time is influenced by the speed (theory of special relativity) and the gravity (theory of general relativity) acting on this object.

For a satellites giving GPS reading orbiting earth, it travels at different speed and has different degree of gravity acting upon it. This means that it is traveling at another rate through the 4th dimension through space hence time dilation will occur. If we don’t factor in that time dilation into the calculation then it won’t give accurate results. I hope you understand this basic lessons on fourth dimension and how it’s been detected in reading of GPS data.
I don’t think you can because you probably don’t know basic physics grin

This will be too cumbersome for a religious braincheesy they are usually scientifically illiterate cheesy hence they believe in god. You better face your normal argument and don’t talk science that you know little about

God still doesn’t exist cheesy
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 12:20pm On Sep 23, 2021
Olayoo:

Stop babbling about evidence up and down but understand that one of the principles of the sciences is falsifiability. Because there is no evidence that conform to your limited senses doesn't mean he doesn't exist.
Mr. Man doesn’t know that fourth dimension is time grin

No wonder they put god into anything they don’t understand grin

Science just suffered, Mr. God lover doesn’t understand theory of relativity grin I will teach you basic science and still show you that you argue for god because you don’t know science

What a shame cheesy
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Bacteriologist(m): 12:42pm On Sep 23, 2021
BassReeves:
1. Do you suspend sleeping at night until sufficient evidence is presented and guaranteeing that you will wake up the following morning?
2. Do you suspend getting out your bed, to go to work, until until sufficient evidence is presented and guaranteeing that every single thing you'll be doing will go well and have good success?

I'm not sure your analogy makes sense at all. I am not even sure you understand the meaning of evidence or activities where evidence would hold more weight than other activities.

Sleeping is a compulsive activity by nature. And so is going to work. If anything, sleeping actually increases my chance of waking up the next day, as sleeping is essential for good health and a lack of sleep can cause death.

And while going to work doesn't guarantee success it greatly increases the chances of being successful. I literally earn money from working which means I can survive.

Why would you compare these basic human needs to a belief in God? Religion is and always implicated in nearly every war that has been fought in history. Believing in god has often led to quite disastrous consequences for many people. Islam reduces women to property, Christianity requires people to take up modest rules that deprives its adherents of many pleasures of life. Many pastors have died as a result of fasting. Many other evangelists in norther Nigeria met early death because they fulfilled the biblical instruction to spread the gospel everywhere.

Why would you equate the evidence required to "believe" in sleeping and working to earn daily bread with a god belief that has the potential to cause quite unreversible changes and grave consequences in the minds and lives of those that believe them?

You need to sit and think long and hard and think about why you brought up such a silly analogy to serve as an excuse for believing in a really important thing without any evidence at all.

1 Like

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by BassReeves: 1:02pm On Sep 23, 2021
Bacteriologist:
I'm not sure your analogy makes sense at all. I am not even sure you understand the meaning of evidence or activities where evidence would hold more weight than other activities.

Sleeping is a compulsive activity by nature. And so is going to work. If anything, sleeping actually increases my chance of waking up the next day, as sleeping is essential for good health and a lack of sleep can cause death.

And while going to work doesn't guarantee success it greatly increases the chances of being successful. I literally earn money from working which means I can survive.

Why would you compare these basic human needs to a belief in God? Religion is and always implicated in nearly every war that has been fought in history. Believing in god has often led to quite disastrous consequences for many people. Islam reduces women to property, Christianity requires people to take up modest rules that deprives its adherents of many pleasures of life. Many pastors have died as a result of fasting. Many other evangelists in norther Nigeria met early death because they fulfilled the biblical instruction to spread the gospel everywhere.

Why would you equate the evidence required to "believe" in sleeping and working to earn daily bread with a god belief that has the potential to cause quite unreversible changes and grave consequences in the minds and lives of those that believe them?

[s]You need to sit and think long and hard and think about why you brought up such a silly analogy to serve as an excuse for believing in a really important thing without any evidence at all.[/s]
I'll look the other way concerning your lack of manners post.

Faith, manifests in different forms, levels, shapes, degrees, instances, situations. Now some people misuse, abuse and even disuse faith, hence why you have mishaps the likes you slightly hinted part of above

You dont suffer from somniphobia, and thats part of the reason why you aren't afraid to go to sleep, because you exercise faith that you would wake up the following day. Some arent that lucky, as they are afraid to go to sleep and so keep awake for as long thy are able to

As for using the word religion flagrantly as you've done, for your information there is only one religion that is pure, that is true, that has no flaws nor fault and such that God approves. Football is a religion. Christianity is a religion, Fashion is a religion. Islam is a religion. Buddhism is a religion. Atheism is a religion etc, but there is one true and pure religion. There is a distinction.

From the onset, it is very clear that the evidence of the existence of God is a matter of plain naked faith. You either believe or you dont believe. There is no two ways in between.

1 Like

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Olayoo: 1:21pm On Sep 23, 2021
Workch:
[s]You are a scientifically illiterate person. An arrogant one at that, since you want science education, I will school you and still let you know that you god does not exist.
Whenever a religious person tries to talk science, they always end up embarrassing themselves and saying jargons cheesy

Fourth dimension is time, that according to the theory of relativity postulated by Albert Einstein. It implies that after the x,y,z dimensions in spaces, time serves as the 4the dimension hence formulated the term space-time continuum to describe the relation between x,y,z and fourth diemension “time”.
Einstein theory of relativity describes perception of time, which is the fourth deimension as being relative, hence the theory of relativity. He says that the time perceived by an object is time depends on the how it travels through the space-time fabric, the perception of time is influenced by the speed (theory of special relativity) and the gravity (theory of general relativity) acting on this object.

For a satellites giving GPS reading orbiting space, it travels at different speed and has different degree of gravity acting upon it. This means that it is traveling at another rate through the 4th dimension through space hence time dilation will occur. If we don’t factor in that time dilation into the calculation then it won’t give accurate results. I hope you understand this basic lessons on fourth dimension and how it’s been detected in reading of GPS data.
I don’t think you can because you probably don’t know basic physics grin

This will be too cumbersome for a religious braincheesy they are usually scientifically illiterate cheesy hence they believe in god. You better face your normal argument and don’t talk science that you know little about

God still doesn’t exist cheesy
U are extra dimensionally gullible. I've been telling you that u should read my post before you comment. I'll just keep tackling you till I expose your fake and pretense you call atheisim. I asked you a simple question" can u prove the fourth dimension exist". I meant four dimensional space. Even your fourth dimension in terms of time is still disputed dude. Einstein themed time as an illusion. I'm sure I've come in terms with the rubbish you said about observing black hole. See bro the best way to argue logically and sensibly is to read, understand and after you are sure, reply.

1 Like

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 1:28pm On Sep 23, 2021
Olayoo:

U are extra dimensionally gullible. I've been telling you that u should read my post before you comment. I'll just keep tackling you till I expose your fake and pretense you call atheisim. I asked you a simple question" can u prove the fourth dimension exist". I meant four dimensional space. Even your fourth dimension in terms of time is still disputed dude. Einstein themed time as an illusion. I'm sure I've come in terms with the rubbish you said about observing black hole. See bro the best way to argue logically and sensibly is to read, understand and after you are sure, reply.
Illiterate and show of ignorance continues.

Even the international space station accounts for forth dimension. You can run the international space station without fourth dimension.
We can’t send anything to space without fourth dimension. You need to put it into calculation.
You are product of a failed science education system grin
The only thing you know is “god did it”

You are bad in science, calm down and Learn, remove be god idea nonsense from your head cheesy
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 1:30pm On Sep 23, 2021
Olayoo:

Of course time is illusion, you don’t know?
It’s relative and illusion unless you are observing all reference frames and for a photon, time doesn’t exist. A photon doesn’t travel through fourth dimension.

How do I educate this scientifically illiterate dude on basic physics? grin

Na only god did it he knows cheesy
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Olayoo: 1:32pm On Sep 23, 2021
Workch:
Mr. Man doesn’t know that fourth dimension is time grin

No wonder they put god into anything they don’t understand grin

Science just suffered, Mr. God lover doesn’t understand theory of relativity grin I will teach you basic science and still show you that you argue for god because you don’t know science

What a shame cheesy
Your understanding and logical conclusion of what existence, God,even physics is low. I'm not a religious person neither am I atheistic. I only chase after truth. Logical and undiluted truth. So far u cannot back ur points. The first step to atheism is curiosity. And to be curious you need to be "open minded" and question everything including your die hard beliefs. So far, it is not your conclusion that is suffering but how you arrive at it. Ask why before commenting rubbish.

1 Like

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 1:38pm On Sep 23, 2021
Olayoo:

Your understanding and logical conclusion of what existence, God,even physics is low. I'm not a religious person neither am I atheistic. I only chase after truth. Logical and undiluted truth. So far u cannot back ur points. The first step to atheism is curiosity. And to be curious you need to be "open minded" and question everything including your die hard beliefs. So far, it is not your conclusion that is suffering but how you arrive at it. Ask why before commenting rubbish.
You don’t want to talk about 4th dimension again?
I’m curious that’s why I need evidence to accept god hypothesis

grin
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Olayoo: 1:39pm On Sep 23, 2021
Workch:
Of course time is illusion, you don’t know?
It’s relative and illusion unless you are observing all reference frames and for a photon, time doesn’t exist. A photon doesn’t travel through fourth dimension.

How do I educate this scientifically illiterate dude on basic physics? grin

Na only god did it he knows cheesy
You don't talk like an atheist so far. You are a newbie atheist. I myself can prove God dosent exist far better than u. People like u will just wake up see small things in a book and start shouting there is no God.

1 Like

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 1:40pm On Sep 23, 2021
Olayoo:

Nothing in the universe shows that god exist. Nothing.
Even if a god exist, it’s certainly not the Christian God. That god is a joke and his descriptions are full of flaws, his books are full of lies and unrealistic stuffs

We have pondered it several times and it’s all jargons

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Jessijosh nigeria (jessica And Joshua) Youngest And Latest Couple In The World / Roman Catholicism Is Idolatry And True Christianity Is Gnosis / Does Bill Gates, Richard Branson And Oprah Winfrey Pay Tithes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.