Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,659 members, 7,979,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 02:13 AM

In Response To:agony In South-east As Most Federal Roads Collapse - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Response To:agony In South-east As Most Federal Roads Collapse (240 Views)

Agony In South East As Kidnappers Lay Siege To Communities / Suffering Knows No Bounds: Ogun Roads Collapse Amidst Abiodun’s Indifference / June 12 Protests: Calm In South-East As South-West Boils (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Response To:agony In South-east As Most Federal Roads Collapse by Rich4god(m): 10:03am On Sep 19, 2021
In response to this thread on the front page.

https://www.nairaland.com/6760753/agony-south-east-most-federal-roads

Am not here to start arguing about a region been marginalized or not.

But I just want to ask or get clearification on how governance work. Maybe my own thinking of how governance work in a democratic setting is obsolete.

There is no doubt that the federal roads in SE region are pretty much bad. They are bad to the extent that a good government need to close down all the road and start fixing it as the road there are no longer motorable.

I want to use the Enugu-Onitsha exp as a case study. Back in the year 2010-2011 when I was in the uni, that was when this express way was graded and been prepared for rehabilitation and repairs. Now this is 10 years down the line, the road have become a nightmare for motorists. Fr. Mbaka once said, that children born between 2003-2012 will never knw that Enugu-Onitsha exp is a dual carriage road all through and some lanes of the road have turned into bushes.

None between that same 2010/2011 till date, Abuja-Kano road have been rehabilitated 3x, the third one is what they are doing now. And after each rehabilitation, the road becomes so smooth that you can virtually place your leg on the throttle and fire till you reach Abuja. Back then when we used to enter night bush from Kano to the each, the moment we start feeling pot holes, we know we have passed lokaja.

Now the question is, what have our S/Eastern senators, reps members, govs and top politicians done about this road. Why are they all quiet. Every region have a rep at the federal level. Every state have a gov. How come when the FEC approved of the rehabilitation of Kano-Abj road for a second and a third time, why didn't the SE reps and leaders protest and insist that SE federal roads needs to be looked into. How come during and after FEC meetings when roads construction and rehabilitation have been approved, why can't the SE reps and leaders insist that the federal roads in the east needs urgent attention.

Since I started reading news and having access to the net, I haven't seen or heard or even read where SE senators and reps are battling FG for them to fix the roads in the east. The only thing I hear of is that the leaders and people are complaining of marginalisation.
The time we spend in passing propaganda of marginalisation, let's use it to request for things.
If a child in a family claims that he is been underfed and refuse to ask for more food, how will the others knw that he is underfed.
Truly, everyone knows that the roads are bad in the east, but what action are our leaders taking to draw the attention of the FG to it.

1 Like

Re: In Response To:agony In South-east As Most Federal Roads Collapse by Rich4god(m): 10:05am On Sep 19, 2021
We have heard stories of some govs fixing federal roads and demanding for refund from FG. Why can't the govs of SE fix the bad fed road and demand for refund from FG

1 Like

Re: In Response To:agony In South-east As Most Federal Roads Collapse by Emergingnation(m): 10:11am On Sep 19, 2021
Rich4god:
We have heard stories of some govs fixing federal roads and demanding for refund from FG. Why can't the govs of SE fix the bad fed road and demand for refund from FG
The Fulani government is deliberately wicked, the only way to stop this madness is total desintegration of this contraptions.....

Re: In Response To:agony In South-east As Most Federal Roads Collapse by Saifullah01: 10:22am On Sep 19, 2021
Emergingnation:
The Fulani government is deliberately wicked, the only way to stop this madness is total desintegration of this contraptions.....
why didn't they fix it while refunds where still being made. Why do you guys always make excuses for the bad behaviours of your elected leaders. That's why they always take you for a ride
Re: In Response To:agony In South-east As Most Federal Roads Collapse by Naijanascam: 10:26am On Sep 19, 2021
Their representatives are representing themselves in terms of infrastructure and employments ....... Imo state is the worst hit when it comes to roads

Re: In Response To:agony In South-east As Most Federal Roads Collapse by Emergingnation(m): 10:34am On Sep 19, 2021
Saifullah01:

why didn't they fix it while refunds where still being made. Why do you guys always make excuses for the bad behaviours of your elected leaders. That's why they always take you for a ride
LOOl! See excuses...

All this nonosence will stop one day, soon every one'll answer their fathers name....
Re: In Response To:agony In South-east As Most Federal Roads Collapse by Rich4god(m): 11:08am On Sep 19, 2021
Naijanascam:
Their representatives are representing themselves in terms of infrastructure and employments ....... Imo state is the worst hit when it comes to roads

That's the problem. The earlier we start putting fire on reps from SE the better for all of us. Apart from ABARIBE, whom to me have not even done anything specific for SE, I do not even know any other rep that talks for the people of our region.
Re: In Response To:agony In South-east As Most Federal Roads Collapse by BKayy: 11:14am On Sep 19, 2021
If we continue in this contraption, we will keep on asking these stupid questions the OP is asking.
A people devoid of self governance lacks the ability for meaningful progress.
Escaping from this experiment is the answer.
Re: In Response To:agony In South-east As Most Federal Roads Collapse by Dymaco(m): 11:20am On Sep 19, 2021
, this is the same road you are clamouring as achievement of your darling daddy.

The painful thing is that buhari counts this road as one of its achievement in south east. Small small, the truth will be open for all to us. Small small, we will know that buhari didn't do anything for south easterners.

Why won't I support biafra?

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders, Pls How Do I Resolve This BVN Name Issue? / Mandela’s Grandson Slams AU Status For ‘apartheid Israel’ As ‘fatally Flawed’ / BREAKING: Buhari Seeks Debt Forgiveness For Nigeria, Others At UNGA (video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.