Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,298 members, 7,971,082 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 09:38 PM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (897329 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by emeka55: 9:12am On Sep 10, 2013
topeajis:

Man U correct but that wat u read brother theory is diff from practical to be a grad assistance u must have a very good interaction with ur lecturers but remember their are student that did their bsc in same school and same prog don't u think they will have upper hand than u.. Personally I can't even disturb ma self doin the grad assistance cos u will hardly see a new student doin it.. And the language self na die.. Godson pls come in here am I correct

Tope u know people would never understand when u tell them u got a job to sweep and clean. They think it is that easy but when they get there and see what others do to keep up with cost, they will appreciate anything. The point is, as a first timer in Germany, one could get a menial job but the longer u stay, the more connected and informed u get and u could get a better job with time. Don't go aiming for a suit and tie job when u can't even pronounce "Danke". However, it is also good to have a skill and be good at it. Some people make money braiding hair and some in the field of entertainment. I know a Nigerian lady who was studying in Germany and she was a talented singer. She got into a band with some Germans and they went for shows together. Her visa type was later converted and she made some money from entertainment. Just have a good skill, be creative and be good at it. Being in Germany alone sef gives u an edge to access other countries, as u may decide to relocate after ur Msc and search for greener pastures else where. That is also why they made the "Blocked account" so u can manage ur money and sustain urself. U can't just jump off the plane and jump into a graduate assistant job when people with better experience and longer stay never get am. Also beware of people "Nigerians" u run package with as they are known for backstabbing themselves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by dmitroika(m): 9:25am On Sep 10, 2013
hello everyone, i had my interview on 20th of august which makes it 3weeks today but i'm yet to hear from the embassy. i check both my inbox and spam. i'm begining to get curious because most guys here said they got a message from the embasy within 2weeks and 3days. abeg wetin una think say dey happen? i'm going to the state of baden-wutternberg. tope, godson, kelly, angel diamond, nairalanders wetin una think
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 9:25am On Sep 10, 2013
Godson201333:

You are very correct oo...I was with the Beebee500 yesterday....I hope to come Berlin soon when i get small hols,Our okotoberfest dey load for here..lol

Ono una welcome ooo ma house big well well we go even go Afro bit club together self
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 9:32am On Sep 10, 2013
emeka55:

Tope u know people would never understand when u tell them u got a job to sweep and clean. They think it is that easy but when they get there and see what others do to keep up with cost, they will appreciate anything. The point is, as a first timer in Germany, one could get a menial job but the longer u stay, the more connected and informed u get and u could get a better job with time. Don't go aiming for a suit and tie job when u can't even pronounce "Danke". However, it is also good to have a skill and be good at it. Some people make money braiding hair and some in the field of entertainment. I know a Nigerian lady who was studying in Germany and she was a talented singer. She got into a band with some Germans and they went for shows together. Her visa type was later converted and she made some money from entertainment. Just have a good skill, be creative and be good at it. Being in Germany alone sef gives u an edge to access other countries, as u may decide to relocate after ur Msc and search for greener pastures else where. That is also why they made the "Blocked account" so u can manage ur money and sustain urself. U can't just jump off the plane and jump into a graduate assistant job when people with better experience and longer stay never get am. Also beware of people "Nigerians" u run package with as they are known for backstabbing themselves

Thank u Jare.. Yes their are many ladies here that have Afro shops, and have skills if u can make hair, make cloth u have an edge. But u will have to relate with more blacks that with time no be as u enter na.. Am lucky to knw many Nigerians here cos of ma anty has a business here also so I see wat blacks do to make a living but as a student forget am u go do part time job first to make some money and one thing is that if u do mini jobs they pay u 8-10 euro for an hr and even people way they wear tie self no collect pass 10-13 euro per hr... Grad assistance no fit collect pass 500 monthly and u way they clean get better money.. So let forget about our mentality about dirty jobs ooooooo....
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 9:35am On Sep 10, 2013
dmitroika: hello everyone, i had my interview on 20th of august which makes it 3weeks today but i'm yet to hear from the embassy. i check both my inbox and spam. i'm begining to get curious because most guys here said they got a message from the embasy within 2weeks and 3days. abeg wetin una think say dey happen? i'm going to the state of baden-wutternberg. tope, godson, kelly, angel diamond, nairalanders wetin una think

Just relex u knw dis time they have a lot of student application with them but don't worry sha. Just they find IGI office down and they buy ur things u gonna see that short and lovely mail soon

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by tmed1(m): 9:46am On Sep 10, 2013
dmitroika: hello everyone, i had my interview on 20th of august which makes it 3weeks today but i'm yet to hear from the embassy. i check both my inbox and spam. i'm begining to get curious because most guys here said they got a message from the embasy within 2weeks and 3days. abeg wetin una think say dey happen? i'm going to the state of baden-wutternberg. tope, godson, kelly, angel diamond, nairalanders wetin una think
Re: German Embassy And Visa by manover: 9:48am On Sep 10, 2013
Please house when do winter 2014 admission start date, i want to apply for Msc program, i just want to know if the start date of admission for January 2014 winter session has started in Germany.........Please info
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 9:51am On Sep 10, 2013
manover: Please house when do winter 2014 admission start date, i want to apply for Msc program, i just want to know if the start date of admission for January 2014 winter session has started in Germany.........Please info

Sme schools starts in nov , some December it's depends on school so first look for schools that u like.... And u will see their dates... Good luck

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by sexymma1(f): 9:58am On Sep 10, 2013
Is true sha, but me wan know if na must you go work only 20hrs per week, wetin go happen if you work more, guys need to hammer quick oh
topeajis:

Thank u Jare.. Yes their are many ladies here that have Afro shops, and have skills if u can make hair, make cloth u have an edge. But u will have to relate with more blacks that with time no be as u enter na.. Am lucky to knw many Nigerians here cos of ma anty has a business here also so I see wat blacks do to make a living but as a student forget am u go do part time job first to make some money and one thing is that if u do mini jobs they pay u 8-10 euro for an hr and even people way they wear tie self no collect pass 10-13 euro per hr... Grad assistance no fit collect pass 500 monthly and u way they clean get better money.. So let forget about our mentality about dirty jobs ooooooo....
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 10:03am On Sep 10, 2013
sexymma1: Is true sha, but me wan know if na must you go work only 20hrs per week, wetin go happen if you work more, guys need to hammer quick oh

Practically if u work more it will affect schooling... And them go knw which might be a prob for u.. But some guys the work more and them go collect their money in cash.. But it will affect schooling sha.. Only if person won use 4yrs for msc and 6yrs for bsc na ..... But with the 20hrs u should be ok with the payment co u won't even spend from ur block account again..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 10, 2013
This might be difficult for those of you in Bachelors program, but easier for graduate students. I never had to speak to speak deutsch to get my first assistanship (likewise my other grad students). This all depends on the quantity of money available to the Reseaerch groups.Most professor will give you a contract of abt 450 Euro/month (average of 50-60 hrs per month) as a research assistant which you can do along with your thesis if you pick a topic along their area of research.
Morever, if you do your Master thesis in a company or research institute, you will be asked to do a no-pay 1-2 month internship to introduce you to the equipments and environment after which you start your thesis. Most thesis student are renumerated (450-700 Euro/month). I am doing my thesis with one of the biggest research institute in germany and I get renumeration.
topeajis:

Practically if u work more it will affect schooling... And them go knw which might be a prob for u.. But some guys the work more and them go collect their money in cash.. But it will affect schooling sha.. Only if person won use 4yrs for msc and 6yrs for bsc na ..... But with the 20hrs u should be ok with the payment co u won't even spend from ur block account again..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by futurewise11(m): 10:46am On Sep 10, 2013
We are in the same scene oh.i did mine as well on the 20th of august,still waiting for there message.which school are you going there as am also heading towards baden wuttenburg.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by suxes2005(m): 10:55am On Sep 10, 2013
Having something to do with your senses and hands is something that's
gold to most Nigerians abroad.

I guess you all there have to dig deep for people that are yet to come
so they know what to expect.

Like I do say, German is still one of the best Schengen countries IMO so
if you get there and you can't forge ahead - then dunno what to say.

Above al, God first. with Him, all things are possible.

For those yet to go for their interview, kindly read from page 1 if possible
and those yet to apply to school should as well read former pages before asking
questions

SHALOM
Re: German Embassy And Visa by aroyem4u: 10:57am On Sep 10, 2013
jejet: This might be difficult for those of you in Bachelors program, but easier for graduate students. I never had to speak to speak deutsch to get my first assistanship (likewise my other grad students). This all depends on the quantity of money available to the Reseaerch groups.Most professor will give you a contract of abt 450 Euro/month (average of 50-60 hrs per month) as a research assistant which you can do along with your thesis if you pick a topic along their area of research.
Morever, if you do your Master thesis in a company or research institute, you will be asked to do a no-pay 1-2 month internship to introduce you to the equipments and environment after which you start your thesis. Most thesis student are renumerated (450-700 Euro/month). I am doing my thesis with one of the biggest research institute in germany and I get renumeration.

Bros pls it will do some of us good to get other info like 1. How long did u stay in Germany before you got ur assistant job? 2. Which school and what course are you studying? 3. It it a given that scientific masters students will always get assistant jobs if they comb for it?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by AngelDiamond1: 11:20am On Sep 10, 2013
joeblack21: Thanks a lot for ur reply,I feel relieved.I ve collected the NPC attestation of birth certificate but it was my mum that swore the affidavit,should also do another affidavit bearing my name.

Kindly read the correction below
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 10, 2013
I got my assistanship after my first semester. I was able to master some softwares in microarray analysis (DNA/RNA analysis), I got a published literature from the research desk at the faculty, requested for the raw data from the publisher for further analysis and I analyzed it using microarray. Gave the analysis to a PhD resercher for proofanlysis (This is where I realized most of the PhD students can't even do it, they outsource it to other people). I applied to the head of research group in Bioinformatic for assistanship and I stated what I could offer.
Bottom line is what you have to bring to the table. Most of my friends are indians and they are super coders; they don't have problem getting assistanship.
Moreover, the Nigerian community in Germany is not very impressive as only few go to the university compared to the Cameroonians (largest student african community in Germany). If you wanna hussle, they got information for you and they could guide you right. But, if you are studying, I don't think they have much to offer you.
aroyem4u:

Bros pls it will do some of us good to get other info like 1. How long did u stay in Germany before you got ur assistant job? 2. Which school and what course are you studying? 3. It it a given that scientific masters students will always get assistant jobs if they comb for it?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by AngelDiamond1: 11:41am On Sep 10, 2013
joeblack21: Thanks a lot for ur reply,I feel relieved.I ve collected the NPC attestation of birth certificate but it was my mum that swore the affidavit,should also do another affidavit bearing my name.

If you have lost your original birth certificate you can go do affidavit and then go to get your NPC birth certificate.........this applies to anyone born before or after NPC is been used........In other words, if you have been born way before the use of NPC for example in 1977 and have lost your original birth certificate you must do affidavit and age declaration because a clause on the age declaration says : At the time of your birth, your birth certificate was originally registered but later got lost.
When you go to court make sure you ask for 2 things (1. Affidavit , 2. Age declaration) you will get the new NPC certificate with the affidavit and you must to the Embassy with both ( Age declaration and NPC).....for those of you born before 1992 and still have your original birth cert, just know you can go to the Embassy with it and for those born after 1992, you must go to the Embassy with NPC....
Note : that you should go to court with 2 passport photographs of you and one passport photograph of who ever is standing a parent.........One passport of you and your parent will be attached to do the affidavit for you..........the remaining passport of you will be attached to your age declaration..
Getting NPC may take like 2weeks but if you want it urgently you may be asked to pay 6000naira and collect in 3days instead of normal 2500naira

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by dmitroika(m): 12:04pm On Sep 10, 2013
futurewise11: We are in the same scene oh.i did mine as well on the 20th of august,still waiting for there message.which school are you going there as am also heading towards baden wuttenburg.

oh, i guess they're still busy with the applications them. i believe they will give us the visa because if they won't they would have sent an email to us since. i'm going to the university of freiburg. you? and are you the guy from uniben that came with a lady on the appointment day?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by joeblack21: 1:04pm On Sep 10, 2013
Angel Diamond:

If you have lost your original birth certificate you can go do affidavit and then go to get your NPC birth certificate.........this applies to anyone born before or after NPC is been used........In other words, if you have been born way before the use of NPC for example in 1977 and have lost your original birth certificate you must do affidavit and age declaration because a clause on the age declaration says : At the time of your birth, your birth certificate was originally registered but later got lost.
When you go to court make sure you ask for 2 things (1. Affidavit , 2. Age declaration) you will get the new NPC certificate with the affidavit and you must to the Embassy with both ( Age declaration and NPC).....for those of you born before 1992 and still have your original birth cert, just know you can go to the Embassy with it and for those born after 1992, you must go to the Embassy with NPC....
Note : that you should go to court with 2 passport photographs of you and one passport photograph of who ever is standing a parent.........One passport of you and your parent will be attached to do the affidavit for you..........the remaining passport of you will be attached to your age declaration..
Getting NPC may take like 2weeks but if you want it urgently you may be asked to pay 6000naira and collect in 3days instead of normal 2500naira
thanks again for you reply.but can I do my age declaration any time because my mum did the affidavit and the NPC birth certificate has been issued to me but a clause on the affidavit my mum did says: his birth was not officially registered and hence this affidavit.....hope this is not a problem?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by joeblack21: 1:04pm On Sep 10, 2013
Angel Diamond:

thanks again for you reply.but can I do my age declaration any time because my mum did the affidavit and the NPC birth certificate has been issued to me but a clause on the affidavit my mum did says: his birth was not officially registered and hence this affidavit.....hope this is not a problem?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by AngelDiamond1: 1:19pm On Sep 10, 2013
joeblack21: thanks again for you reply.but can I do my age declaration any time because my mum did the affidavit and the NPC birth certificate has been issued to me but a clause on the affidavit my mum did says: his birth was not officially registered and hence this affidavit.....hope this is not a problem?

Affidavit is used to get NPC and since you have your NPC ........just go and get your age declaration........remember you only need Age declaration and NPC for the Embassy.........

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by joeblack21: 1:25pm On Sep 10, 2013
Angel Diamond:

Affidavit is used to get NPC and since you have your NPC ........just go and get your age declaration........remember you only need Age declaration and NPC for the Embassy.........
Thank you soo much.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bamyet: 1:39pm On Sep 10, 2013
Hello everyone, I will like to help my younger sister to secure German student visa, I have few questions to ask and I will like if you can help:

1; Can she be admitted to study English Language Degree course with her ND result in Civil Engineering?

2: I have a friend In Germany ready to sponsor her, can we use him?

3: Can you advise me of schools that can accept and when?

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Many thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Oladecoolz(m): 2:12pm On Sep 10, 2013
@topejis tanx f :or the d info i will stat checking from Novembe smiley[color=#000099][/color][b][/b]r
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 2:30pm On Sep 10, 2013
@bamyet, are u high?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 3:21pm On Sep 10, 2013
naijaobi: @bamyet, are u high?

Lol Lol Lol grin grin grin
Re: German Embassy And Visa by futurewise11(m): 3:58pm On Sep 10, 2013
This waiting period is annoying.expecially when some collected there own visa 2 weeks after interview.
Am going to reutlingen university.a friend send them an e-mail and she was asked to be patient.i call them they were just speaking german on the phone.nop i never came with a lady.it seems you have left the embassy before i move in.have u book your flight?.author=dmitroika]

oh, i guess they're still busy with the applications them. i believe they will give us the visa because if they won't they would have sent an email to us since. i'm going to the university of freiburg. you? and are you the guy from uniben that came with a lady on the appointment day?

[/quote]
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bamyet: 3:58pm On Sep 10, 2013
We dont need to be aggressive in replying, I have actually being to Germany many times, I am holding a permanent resident permit over here In UK but its too expensive to study here as an international student thats why I need help. @ Naijobi please be mature, answer only if you can and stop being immature. Waiting for good response from reasonable people. Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bamyet: 4:17pm On Sep 10, 2013
1; Can she be admitted to study English Language Degree course with her ND result in Civil Engineering?

Please reply me, this is the third time posting this, thanks you very much in advanceHello everyone, I will like to help my younger sister to secure German student visa, I have few questions to ask and I will like if you can help:
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 10, 2013
bamyet: We dont need to be aggressive in replying, I have actually being to Germany many times, I am holding a permanent resident permit over here In UK but its too expensive to study here as an international student thats why I need help. @ Naijobi please be mature, answer only if you can and stop being immature. Waiting for good response from reasonable people. Thanks

All your questions have been answered before. Take time and read from page null- hundert. and i tell you alles klar will be your name.....lol grin grin

But on a serious note. TAKE YOUR TIME AND READ THROUGH IT'S VERY EDUCATIVE. I got all information needed for visa application here.

bamyet: 1; Can she be admitted to study English Language Degree course with her ND result in Civil Engineering?

Stop this or i will report you to the mod. you are spamming this wonderful thread.

Please reply me, this is the third time posting this, thanks you very much in advanceHello everyone, I will like to help my younger sister to secure German student visa, I have few questions to ask and I will like if you can help:

Stop this you are spamming this thread
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nachie20(f): 4:35pm On Sep 10, 2013
@LillyGemm: preparing my table now. What did u fill in the 4th column for proof of course/ activity please?
If I have work cert for some of the activities, am I to write work certificate?

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.