Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,158 members, 7,907,142 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 02:24 AM

Should Akunyili, Runsewe Be Celebrated? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Akunyili, Runsewe Be Celebrated? (853 Views)

Nnamdi Azikiwe As Nigeria Celebrated Independence Day In 1960 - Throwback Photos / James Ibori's 55th Birthday To Be Celebrated At Oghara, In Delta State / Change Of Baton At Ntdc, Otunba Runsewe Removed & Sally Mbanefo Takes Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should Akunyili, Runsewe Be Celebrated? by fataiiyo(m): 3:27pm On Jul 22, 2007
SHOULD AKUNYILI, RUNSEWE BE CELEBRATED?
Mrs. Grace Victoria Emmanuel
Sir, permit me space in your paper to express my feeling about a recent award of excellence given to both Directors-General of National Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) Prof. Dora Akunyili and her Nigerian Tourism Development Corporation (NTDC) counterpart, Otunba Olusegun Runsewe by a particular popular soft sell magazine, City People.
I have always frowned at such occasion because some Nigerians have a way of making brisk business out of every situation. Just as one loves to be associated with excellence and outstanding performances as exemplified by these wonderful directors-general, one is tempted to suspect a celebration that is hinged on profit-making.
However, the personalities involved in this particular award ceremony eminently gave expression of sincerity to the intention of the organizers. Prof. Dora Akunyili and Otunba Olusegun Runsewe are among a few Nigerian leaders many people will continue to celebrate any day, any time.
The reason is simple: They both serve this country conscientiously and patriotically in their different capacities with such zeal that one can not but salute their courage, initiative and dynamism. The most exhilarating phenomenon common to the duo of Akunyili and Runsewe is that little or nothing was known about their agencies before they took over and since their appointments, it has been one success story after the other.
How many Nigerians Knew NAFDAC before Dora came and what can one say about NTDC before Runsewe’s appointment?
Prof. Akunyili deserves every honour that comes her way because she fearlessly gives quality service to this country which has saved many lives. Fake drugs and contaminated food would have killed many if not for her determination to checkmate the antics of wicked people.
As for Otunba Runsewe, only God knows the kind of driving force behind this practical tourism exponent. Since his appointment, Runsewe has always been brimming with one novel idea about tourism or the other. Almost on a weekly basis, one must see him on television or read about him in papers initiating one idea or the other. As he promised when appointed, he has taken tourism to the next level. It is as if NTDC had just been created.
These are that type of people Nigeria needs if we indeed crave for meaningful development. People that can give their best. People that can dedicate themselves to the service of their father land. People who will use their positions to improve the quality of life for the masses. People like Dora, Runsewe, Ribadu who will sacrifice their personal comfort to make life better. Not people who will use their appointment and position to amass wealth for themselves and leave no positive legacy to imitate. Though I do not have close contact with all these people I mention here, their performances and public conducts have endeared them so much to my heart that I shall continue to adore them. This is a lesson for the corrupt and inactive leaders, nobody will celebrate and praise them for stealing our money. I therefore felicitate with Dora and Runsewe for their award of excellence because they work for it and deserve it.

Mrs. Grace Victoria Emmanuel
20, Kuje Street,
kubwa, Abuja.

(1) (Reply)

Icpc Probes Missing N28bn In Customs / Yar'adua Orders Immediate Release Of N10.8 Billion Lagos L.g. Funds / Chief B. J. Obasanjo A Legend, Hero, Elder Stateman,success Or Failure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.