Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,912 members, 7,883,164 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 04:25 AM

What Determines The Value Of A Country's Currency? - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Determines The Value Of A Country's Currency? (27307 Views)

ECOWAS Set To Unveil Single Currency ECO / Why's This Country's Currency (NGN) Keeps Getting Worse Day By Day? / How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Determines The Value Of A Country's Currency? by smeag0l(m): 9:31pm On Sep 21, 2021
I became consistently profitable since last year during the pandemic. Of course, I have a 9-5
Hismasterpiece:

How profitable are you? Do you have a job besides forex?

1 Like

Re: What Determines The Value Of A Country's Currency? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Sep 21, 2021
VeeVeeMyLuv:
It is not that Dollar is going up

Instead it is your naira that is diving downwards.

@ topic

1. Fisical responsibility and accountability.
2. The level of greed & corruption.
3. Human rights law.
4. Foi.
5. Ease of doing business
6. Level of insecurity
7. Amount of export to import.

I think these points are sufficient

correct. as a matter of fact, the dollar has been weak for sometime now, however naira is just so weak to take advantage.
Re: What Determines The Value Of A Country's Currency? by zubydave(m): 11:14pm On Sep 21, 2021
SimplyFacts:

Kudos to you for this explanatory answer. Sorry to ask, are you sure this really determines the country's currency before I start telling others the same?
The situation with china explains it better- with all their export ,the dollar is still stronger. Why is this , because the central bank of china made it so.

2 Likes

Re: What Determines The Value Of A Country's Currency? by zubydave(m): 11:15pm On Sep 21, 2021
jikins:

Thank you this made sense to me. But I still don't get it 100%. If I say want to import a goods that's say is $500 and I pay with my atm card in naira equivalent. Are you saying my bank then request dollar from cbn for them to pay on my behalf in dollar?
Bingo! Nailed it
The naira goes no where. It's worthless outside our shores. In the past the world used gold as the legal tender before the US used their mago mago
Re: What Determines The Value Of A Country's Currency? by Kfed4ril(m): 10:34am On Sep 22, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

so the reason for our currency devaluation is because we don't export anything besides oil? But what about UAE? Isn't it the money they make from oil that's the reason their country is the way it is?

Demand and supply is one of the numerous reasons.
W
Basic economics we learnt in secondary school says that when demand is greater than supply, it brings about scarcity which in turn drives up the price.
Re: What Determines The Value Of A Country's Currency? by frankcoboy(m): 2:26pm On Sep 22, 2021
I have a good business I will like us to join, you will earn dollars over and over again. You're invited to FORSAGE INSTANT & REPEATED DOLLARS EARNING BUSINESS.

JOIN general whatsapp teaching class on how it works join by clicking https:///LZXsGs0oQkkC2PWo7FtSnv

Try it and see you will not regret it.
Re: What Determines The Value Of A Country's Currency? by Hismasterpiece(m): 8:00pm On Sep 22, 2021
smeag0l:
I became consistently profitable since last year during the pandemic. Of course, I have a 9-5

Any advice you can give me as a beginner?
Re: What Determines The Value Of A Country's Currency? by smeag0l(m): 10:19pm On Sep 22, 2021
Don't trade with real money at the beginning.
Hismasterpiece:

Any advice you can give me as a beginner?
Re: What Determines The Value Of A Country's Currency? by Hismasterpiece(m): 11:10pm On Sep 23, 2021
smeag0l:
Don't trade with real money at the beginning.

So you traded with real money and blew your account?

What other advice can u give me?
Re: What Determines The Value Of A Country's Currency? by smeag0l(m): 11:12pm On Sep 23, 2021
Don't trade with real money at the beginning
Hismasterpiece:

So you traded with real money and blew your account?

What other advice can u give me?
Re: What Determines The Value Of A Country's Currency? by Hismasterpiece(m): 11:26pm On Sep 23, 2021
smeag0l:
Don't trade with real money at the beginning

Lol. Come one now. I already have a demo account with which i am trading. Give me more advice please.
Re: What Determines The Value Of A Country's Currency? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:58pm On Sep 23, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

Lol. Come one now. I already have a demo account with which i am trading. Give me more advice please.
Are u a somebody that has laser beam focus? Somebody that used to hear word? That follows instructions to the letter? Smart & brave? Then u are good to go!

Read and learn from babypips.com.
Read other books written by investment gurus. Books on economics, fundamental & technical analysis.

Read, read, read
Re: What Determines The Value Of A Country's Currency? by smeag0l(m): 1:07am On Sep 24, 2021
When you've traded the demo account for 3 months ,let me know. I'll give you the second advice then
Hismasterpiece:

Re: What Determines The Value Of A Country's Currency? by shantti(m): 9:44am On Sep 25, 2021
juniorstar:

If Nigeria can produce 90% of things consumed in the country and export them too our naira would be more valuable than the dinar.

Do u know that this is very possible
Re: What Determines The Value Of A Country's Currency? by juniorstar(m): 11:21am On Sep 25, 2021
shantti:

Do u know that this is very possible
Very possible
We need to not only produce more but we need to patronize made in Nigeria not assembled in Nigeria..but made from scratch in Nigeria..I know we Nigerians like things from Haabroad..we cant dump the iphones for made in nigetia we cant dump the Mercedes,Toyota,Tesla for made in Nigeria..we prefer the Nike instead of the made in ABA...we prefer treating headache in Yorkshire. We prefer going to burj al Arab instead of going to our own in Nigeria..we say we are an Agricultural nation and yet we still practice unscientific agriculture that is highly inefficient to make matters worse we cant even feed ourselves as a nation.
We need power
We need to develop our mining sector
We need to train the youths in skills that is needed for fill various roles in the economy
We need to practice scientifically sound and efficient agriculture
We need advanced transport network..rail, road, air, water
We need to train the masses on financial intelligence
We need to have superb database so we can project into the future..how many doctors, engineers artisans, farmers, lawyers, and various skilled labour that would man the various industries. And also use the database to drive the economy
We need to remove govt agencies with overlapping functions..
We need to be wary of assistance from western nations and China and avoid modern day slavery via imperialism.
Re: What Determines The Value Of A Country's Currency? by AlwaysMotun: 6:54pm On Sep 25, 2021
Oride from Opay, Bamboo, Risevest to mention a few

Hismasterpiece:

What inventions and companies have we banned? I only know of crypto and the abokifx saga..
Re: What Determines The Value Of A Country's Currency? by Hismasterpiece(m): 7:18pm On Sep 25, 2021
AlwaysMotun:
Oride from Opay, Bamboo, Risevest to mention a few

Do you have any idea why they were banned?
Re: What Determines The Value Of A Country's Currency? by Hismasterpiece(m): 7:35pm On Sep 25, 2021
smeag0l:
When you've traded the demo account for 3 months ,let me know. I'll give you the second advice then

Alright.

But tell me something.

Whats the highest amount you've made from any single trade?
Re: What Determines The Value Of A Country's Currency? by Hismasterpiece(m): 7:36pm On Sep 25, 2021
VeeVeeMyLuv:
Are u a somebody that has laser beam focus? Somebody that used to hear word? That follows instructions to the letter? Smart & brave? Then u are good to go!

Read and learn from babypips.com.
Read other books written by investment gurus. Books on economics, fundamental & technical analysis.

Read, read, read

You also trade forex? How long have you been doing so?
Re: What Determines The Value Of A Country's Currency? by smeag0l(m): 8:23pm On Sep 25, 2021
I don't post such details
Hismasterpiece:

Alright.

But tell me something.

Whats the highest amount you've made from any single trade?

1 Like

Re: What Determines The Value Of A Country's Currency? by Hismasterpiece(m): 9:50pm On Sep 26, 2021
smeag0l:
I don't post such details

Okay, how long did you demo trade before you started to become good at it?
Re: What Determines The Value Of A Country's Currency? by smeag0l(m): 11:44pm On Sep 26, 2021
6 months
Hismasterpiece:

Okay, how long did you demo trade before you started to become good at it?
Re: What Determines The Value Of A Country's Currency? by Hismasterpiece(m): 6:25pm On Sep 30, 2021
smeag0l:
6 months

Under what platform did you learn? Were you demo trading while learning? Were you applying what you were learning to your demo trading?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Huge Revelations Made By Aliko DANGOTE At Economist Summit In Lagos / Help! First Bank Is Charging Me Monthly Withdrawal Fee On My Savings Acct!! / Jason Njoku: "Why Konga Was Sold To Zinox"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.