Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,941 members, 7,909,507 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 07:27 AM

Programming Section Based On My Measurement - Jokes Etc (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Programming Section Based On My Measurement (1443 Views)

If Nigeria Election Were Based On The Daughters,who Will Win? / If The Nigerian Elections Were Based On The Daughters Of The Contestants (Photo) / New Exam Pattern Based On Ipl Rules: Nice One: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by lysaa(f): 8:35pm On May 31, 2011
Lol. Doesn't really make sense but they shove it down our throat to swallow. @ jackpot, what if u woke up one day and discovered 1+1isn't 2? I'm sure the 1st person u'd teach that to is idowu. Lol.
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by jackpot(f): 8:47pm On May 31, 2011
^^lol. Leave matter for Matthias
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by EfemenaXY: 8:54pm On May 31, 2011
lysaa:

Teachers don't teach me nonsense.

nland's one & only female Fela in the making grin

jackpot:

Statistics people fear mathematicians. We use Analysis to mess with them. They only know Probabilities and the like. Engineering Students can Integrate and Differentiate almost anything, bring Analysis and they will run! Even most Professors in Applied Maths do fear to supervise a Student writing Thesis on Analysis.

Lysaa, i am proud to be a Mathematician. An upcoming one. Doc. within 5 years is my target. Lol

Doc - your forgot to mention Real Analysis. . .you know that bit of Abstract Mathematics where you've got x raised to the power of infinity, etc tongue tongue tongue

mikuz:

i tire o! The guy is just rude and arrogant at the same time! Posing with a scanty pride!

Mickey - I swearrrrrrrrrrrrrr reading thru your posts, you sound so much like Oga Joking Mary

abi make I check your IP address?? grin grin

netghost:

i would have, if he had asked in a polite manner, nairaland is becoming more of a place where u insult and embarrass people rather than gaining knowledge while having fun,

thats what i responded to

Children, always trying to prove something, i no be maths teacher oh, Abeg oh dude i develop softwares for companies, build sites, when i have nothing doing i mentor people based on programming, and when am done with being a GEEK i hangout with girls and my close friends, if you think me and you will be on nairaland proving maths. cheesy cheesy grin grin, get a life

nor mind them jor!

a true prophet programmer is never recognized in his own village bush tongue
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by netghost: 9:04pm On May 31, 2011
jackpot:

stop cursing brother.
i honestly need to stop it, but nairaland is not helping issues

jackpot:

Focus on your expertise bro.
is this suppose to be a brotherly advise, well its appreciated

jackpot:

I have one problem with computer programmers

why do they keep using the incremental algorithm
x = x + 1
such equations don't make sense in Maths. Lol.
It's like saying 0 = 1
ROTFLMAO
x=x+1;
The increment operator adds 1 to its operand, is the same as x++; OR x+=1; and x = x - 1; is the same as --x;
am sure you will prefer the x+=1;

___THE STATEMENTS BELOW ARE FOR THOSE THAT WILL SURELY CRITICIZE__

Both the increment and decrement operators can either precede (prefix) or follow (postfix)
the operand. For example:
x = x + 1;
can be written as
++x; // prefix form
or as
x++; // postfix form

In the foregoing example, there is no difference whether the increment is applied as a prefix or a postfix. However, when an increment or decrement is used as part of a larger expression, there is an important difference. In this case, when the operator precedes its operand, the result of the operation is the value of the operand after the increment or decrement. If the operator follows its operand, the result of the operation is the value of the operand before the increment or
decrement. Consider the following:

x = 10;
y = ++x;
In this case, y will be set to 11. This is because x is first incremented and then its value is obtained.
However, if the code is written as
x = 10;
y = x++;
then y will be set to 10. In this case, the value of x is first obtained, x is incremented, and then the original value of x is returned. In both cases, x is still set to 11; the difference is what is returned by the operator. Here is a bit more complicated example:
x = 10;
y = 2;
z = x++ - (x * y);

This gives z the value –12. The reason is that when x++ is evaluated, it sets x to 11, but yields the value 10 (x’s original value). This means that z is assigned 10 – (11 * 2), which is –12. However, written like this: z = ++x - (x * y); The result is –11. This is because the x is first incremented and then its value is obtained. Thus, z is assigned 11 – (11 * 2), which is –11. As this example hints at, there can be significant advantages in being able to control when the increment or decrement operation takes place.
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by EfemenaXY: 9:09pm On May 31, 2011
Seun, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeee move this thread back to the programming section

@poster is conjuring up memories from school and early work life angry angry angry
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by netghost: 9:11pm On May 31, 2011
Efemena_xy:

Seun, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeee move this thread back to the programming section

@poster is conjuring up memories from school and early work life angry angry angry

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by jackpot(f): 9:14pm On May 31, 2011
@EFE,
Real Analysis is a subset of Functional Analysis. Its small compared to It. Do you appreciate Maths? I need someone I can talk Maths with. Its my career and hobby. Lol. We Mathematicians are a rare breed.
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by lysaa(f): 9:22pm On May 31, 2011
Okay netwinch. Lol. Round of applause cos U're also good at ur end. Wish jackpot would appreciate that instead of forming being indifferent.
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by netghost: 9:24pm On May 31, 2011
lysaa:

Okay netwinch.
hmmm, nice
guess i should have gone with that   cheesy cheesy
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by lysaa(f): 9:31pm On May 31, 2011
Lol. Had to impovise as i couldn't rem the name i saw b4 replying.
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by EfemenaXY: 10:11pm On May 31, 2011
jackpot:

@EFE,
Real Analysis is a subset of Functional Analysis. Its small compared to It. Do you appreciate Maths? I need someone I can talk Maths with. Its my career and hobby. Lol. We Mathematicians are a rare breed.

Yep, I've done my fair share of maths - so don't be expecting to wow me tongue tongue tongue

I can tell the difference b/w honest meaningful mathmatics and disjointed copy 'n paste mathema[b]tricks[/b] cool cool cool
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by mikuz(m): 10:53pm On May 31, 2011
Efemena_xy:

Yep, I've done my fair share of maths - so don't be expecting to wow me tongue tongue tongue

I can tell the difference b/w honest meaningful mathmatics and disjointed copy 'n paste mathema[b]tricks[/b] cool cool cool
seriously reading through your posts bring so much delight to my soul! You really making my day night!
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by jackpot(f): 11:42am On Jun 02, 2011
@EFE
If you dont do Maths Major, there's no way you can keep up with Analysis both Real and Functional. I still remember one proof that I have to cram to exam hall. It was a 2-page proof. It goes like this:
Prove that a continuous function on a compact set achieves its minimum and maximum on that set.

@lysaa
if i want to show you some mathematics here, i wouldn't be able to. Just imagine d sign of infinity, that horizontal 8. .lol, another is d summation and Integral signs. I cant type it cos i am on phone now. Lol

anyways, copy-pasting it would be meaningless since you wont understand anything there.
Leave mathematics for mathematicians. Lol

How I wish there is a Mathematics child-board in Education Section. Lol. How I wish there are mathematicians here. If not, na only me go dey post for there cos there are few Mathematicians on NL. I would then mod anybody who fails any Maths proof. Lol
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by joerux60: 5:09pm On Jun 02, 2011
@net : thank you for a well explained C++ concept. it is usually difficult for most tutors to express that so clearly.
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by netghost: 8:12pm On Jun 02, 2011
@jackpot

looks like you are seriously looking for someone to teach maths, can  u make me a maths genius in 7days grin

@joerux60
Glad i could help
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by EfemenaXY: 9:40pm On Jun 02, 2011
jackpot:

@EFE
If you dont do Maths Major, there's no way you can keep up with Analysis both Real and Functional. I still remember one proof that I have to cram to exam hall. It was a 2-page proof. It goes like this:
Prove that a continuous function on a compact set achieves its minimum and maximum on that set.

Nothing you say here is new nor does it wow me

The concepts you mention are covered at secondary school level - i.e assuming you did additional mathematics

Integration, Differentiation - similar concepts but in opposite directions if you get my meaning

and finally Jackpot - Mathematics is pure logic - it's either you understand it or you don't

thre are no half measures and cramming doesn't cut it. You don't cram mathematics. . .you understand the logic behind it and then you apply it. . .
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by netghost: 9:50pm On Jun 02, 2011
Efemena_xy:

Nothing you say here is new nor does it wow me

female mathematician, now this is not something u see everyday *thumbs up*
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by Pharoh: 10:02pm On Jun 02, 2011
Youths of nowadays wey them cram proof enter exam all, make you cool down because no profession is indispensable ooo. Like you have been told, understanding is the key but trust Nigeria education to always focus in the results irrespective of the process in getting to that result.

Oyinbo dey understand maths with the need to apply it, add more knowledge and develop it while you dey cram proof enter exam hall. grin
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by EfemenaXY: 10:03pm On Jun 02, 2011
netghost:

female mathematician, now this is not something u see everyday *thumbs up*

^^ not really

it's been aeons since I last did any of that stuff - but, I still remember the basics smiley

@Pharoh - Lol!!

longest time - how've you been?? cheesy wink
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by netghost: 10:07pm On Jun 02, 2011
Efemena_xy:

it's been aeons since I last did any of that stuff - but, I still remember the basics smiley

now your just being modest
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by EfemenaXY: 10:11pm On Jun 02, 2011
<laughs gently>

Okay, I hear you. . . smiley
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by jackpot(f): 6:11am On Jun 03, 2011
@EFE
its not like I didn't understand d proof. I got the logic in it but still I didn't actually cram it word for word. I crammed the pattern the proof went.

So you have heard about compact sets, Banach spaces, Hilbert spaces, normed linear spaces, a metric function on a metric space is metrizable, a continuous function of a continuous function is continuous. Lol

maybe try to download any material on Functional Analysis or Topology and see if you understands anything there. Lol
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by lysaa(f): 9:31am On Jun 03, 2011
Yeah Efe, the basics of all mathematical subjects now and ever were touched in sec schl and they're are meant to be applied in advanced maths. The whole concept of maths wows and thrills If they don't then there will not be an interest in continuity but i get your drift, talking about the topics jack brought to the table. Who wan try warri babe when nor dey carry last. Lol. .Ish! I love maths sha, very much applicable to so much about life.
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by lysaa(f): 9:40am On Jun 03, 2011
Oops! So many blunders up there that i can't modify. . Actually in a dulling meeting atm. Lol.

(1) (2) (Reply)

'tis Jokes N Jokes / The Story Of Abraham And Isaac Is Complete / Which Of These Nig.tribes Is The Funniest.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.