Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,881 members, 7,902,828 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 05:14 PM

Ford Edge 2007 Brake System Fault - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ford Edge 2007 Brake System Fault (2633 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / Toyota Corolla Sport 2007- Brake And Quench Issues / Some Facts You Need To Know About Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ford Edge 2007 Brake System Fault by jimmy74(m): 9:30am On Sep 21, 2021
My Ford Edge 2007 prompts CHECK BRAKE SYSTEM fault. Within this period, I noticed the brake fluid dries up, pedal vibrates when pressed and braking efficiency reduced. I took it to mechanic who changed the booster after checking the pads and certify them okay. T
After this the SUV work normal for Two days but with brake system error still prompting.

I went for a second diagnosis, brake master cylinder was replaced and brake fluid filled up again, error refused to clear but car performance improved for few days. Just this morning I checked the fluid reservoir and was shocked to find it empty with no traces of leakage visibly. Brake pedal is still vibrating.

Please, I need a good advice or mechanic as I am currently in Ibadan.

Thanks all.
Re: Ford Edge 2007 Brake System Fault by kingreign(m): 9:51am On Sep 21, 2021
Sigh!

Ford edge legendary brake pedal going flat.

Terrible engineering.
Re: Ford Edge 2007 Brake System Fault by fabienjoe: 1:18pm On Sep 21, 2021
Too many ugly stories associated with these brands of vehicles..Someone would pop up and claim they are as good as our regular Toyota/Honda. Most reliability evaluation are actually carried out on vehicles' first five years of ownership ..Even then, the Japanese come tops..But we have to note that most of these vehicles come to Nigeria, on the average, after ten years of use, meaning even less reliability and more parts needing replacement. Our struggle for parts and technical competence for certain brands of vehicles is well known. Even if tests conducted abroad suggest they're reliable, the odds are stacked against them here. Everything points to an uncomfortable ownership experience..

1 Like

Re: Ford Edge 2007 Brake System Fault by uboma(m): 3:37pm On Sep 21, 2021
kingreign:
Sigh!

Ford edge legendary brake pedal going flat.

Terrible engineering.

Is this problem related to the Edge model alone?

I am beginning to admire the Focus model 2010 models and above...
Re: Ford Edge 2007 Brake System Fault by Oluggbemi321(m): 3:44pm On Sep 21, 2021
Base on your concern...I guess you are having leakage somewhere along your brake hose which your mechanic has not discovered and for the light on your dashboard you need to get a well certified Ford technician to run a diagnosis for you...which I can help you with one only if you are interested

1 Like

Re: Ford Edge 2007 Brake System Fault by kingreign(m): 3:45pm On Sep 21, 2021
uboma:

Is this problem related to the Edge model alone?

I am beginning to admire the Focus model 2010 models and above...

I don't know about the focus. I only speak of the Edge.
Re: Ford Edge 2007 Brake System Fault by uboma(m): 4:27pm On Sep 21, 2021
kingreign:

I don't know about the focus. I only speak of the Edge.

Noted, thanks.
Re: Ford Edge 2007 Brake System Fault by RZArecta(m): 7:35pm On Sep 21, 2021
Call this guy if you're in Lagos 0706 919 1035, 080 89 670554
Re: Ford Edge 2007 Brake System Fault by jimmy74(m): 10:15am On Sep 22, 2021
RZArecta:
Call this guy if you're in Lagos 0706 919 1035, 080 89 670554

Thanks a lot. though in Ibadan at the moment.
Re: Ford Edge 2007 Brake System Fault by jimmy74(m): 10:18am On Sep 22, 2021
Oluggbemi321:
Base on your concern...I guess you are having leakage somewhere along your brake hose which your mechanic has not discovered and for the light on your dashboard you need to get a well certified Ford technician to run a diagnosis for you...which I can help you with one only if you are interested
Thanks. Though I am based in Ibadan

(1) (Reply)

My Benz E500 '1993 Model, Do Overheating When The Ac Is On-what Is Wrong / Please Do Any One Know How Economical Is Vento Cars / Driving Your Car Without Using The Horn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.