Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,918 members, 7,924,871 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 02:24 AM

Manny Pacquiao To Run For Philippine President - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manny Pacquiao To Run For Philippine President (965 Views)

Manny Pacquiao,struggles To Open His Eyes While He's Being Spoon-fed By His Wife / Efe Ajagba Joins Fury, Pacquiao At Top Rank Promotions / Manny Pacquiao Vs. Conor Mcgregor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manny Pacquiao To Run For Philippine President by Goodealz(m): 2:51pm On Sep 21, 2021
Philippine boxing icon and senator Manny Pacquiao says he will run for president in the 2022 elections.

Pacquiao accepted the nomination of his PDP-Laban party at its national convention on Sunday, saying that the Filipino people have been waiting for a change of government.

"I am a fighter, and I will always be a fighter inside and outside the ring," Pacquiao, 42, said in his speech.

"We need government to serve our people with integrity, compassion and transparency," he added.

Pacquiao is the president of the PDP-Laban faction led by him and Sen. Aquilino "Koko" Pimentel III.

Another faction of the same party earlier this month nominated President Rodrigo Duterte to be its vice presidential candidate, and Duterte's former aide, Sen. Bong Go, as its presidential nominee.

Duterte, who is forbidden by the constitution from seeking a second six-year term, has accepted the nomination, but Go has declined to run for president.

Duterte has led a brutal campaign against illegal drugs, and said last week he would rather "die first" before facing an international tribunal, the day after the International Criminal Court announced it would investigate allegations of crimes against humanity linked to the crackdown that has left thousands dead.

https://www.npr.org/2021/09/20/1038905560/boxer-manny-pacquiao-running-for-president-the-philippines

1 Share

Re: Manny Pacquiao To Run For Philippine President by donbachi(m): 2:53pm On Sep 21, 2021
And one dude is in america,buying all white and black luxury cars and watches.

1 Like

Re: Manny Pacquiao To Run For Philippine President by illicit(m): 3:21pm On Sep 21, 2021
PDP
Re: Manny Pacquiao To Run For Philippine President by jaeyking(m): 3:27pm On Sep 21, 2021
I think this guy would win.
Filipino loves him

I wish him all the best and success

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manny Pacquiao To Run For Philippine President by Maxymilliano(m): 3:27pm On Sep 21, 2021
Senator Manny has touched many lives in his native country and well loved by his people.

He will be the next Filipino president no doubt
Re: Manny Pacquiao To Run For Philippine President by Crossroad1(m): 3:34pm On Sep 21, 2021
I love this guy, utilizing every opportunity

1 Like

Re: Manny Pacquiao To Run For Philippine President by Great100000: 5:34pm On Sep 21, 2021
I just like this man (No homo), very humble and he is also helping his people at Philippines.

Good Luck to him Senator Manny.

1 Like

Re: Manny Pacquiao To Run For Philippine President by chiiraq802(m): 5:50pm On Sep 21, 2021
donbachi:
And one dude is in america,buying all white and black luxury cars and watches.

Wetin you dey even talk make una allow people leave there lives the way dem want am abeg. so he shouldn't buy luxury cars and watches because its your money abiii na you dey collect the brutal punches for him face.

Not everybody is lucky, do you think if Manny Pacquiao was from United States he would be thinking of running for the US president Oga for dey cruise and enjoy himself for the country with one of the best Economy if not the best.

Make una allow people to enjoy and live life to the fullest ooo..... in this life we only live once.

(1) (Reply)

2021 Ballon D’or: What Is Messi Chance Of Winning / World Wrestling Entertainment / Mastercard's 23 Best Players In Germany 2006

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.