Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,529 members, 7,888,700 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 01:07 PM

Akpabio:fast-tracking Akwa Ibom's Future - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio:fast-tracking Akwa Ibom's Future (4079 Views)

SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio / Akpabio Commissions Four Points By Sheraton Ikot Ekpene / Fast Tracking Nigeria’s Electricity Needs For Industrialisation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akpabio:fast-tracking Akwa Ibom's Future by Nobody: 7:24am On May 27, 2011
ekt_bear:

The more performing governors in Nigeria, the better.

But definitely, we need to see some pictures

This is my point.We need more performing Local government chairmen,Governors and presidents,not people bitc-hing around with their mouth just because the party they so love did not win a particular state,thus making every positive step taken by the governor a "Village development"
Re: Akpabio:fast-tracking Akwa Ibom's Future by ektbear: 7:24am On May 27, 2011
Interesting: http://www.aksgonline.com/articlePage.aspx?qrID=886

$2 billion budget this year, $2.3 billion the year before. And a relatively small population.

So Lagos, Rivers type of money, but with 1/5th of the population of Lagos. Makes sense that it'd be developing so rapidly. Kudos to them
Re: Akpabio:fast-tracking Akwa Ibom's Future by joecrack(m): 7:25am On May 27, 2011
@eko ile
why are you hating on godswill,i mean do u have a personal grouse with him.
Ozin did not diss fash,the dude is just happy with his own gov,just like you.
You both have something in common,dont u think so.
Re: Akpabio:fast-tracking Akwa Ibom's Future by ektbear: 7:27am On May 27, 2011
Ozin:

This is my point.We need more performing Local government chairmen,Governors and presidents,not people bitc-hing around with their mouth just because the party they so love did not win a particular state,thus making every positive step taken by the governor a "Village development"

It isn't a zero-sum game imo. If AKS prospers and develops, then all of Nigeria wins

I don't think anyone benefits if any of the 36 states fails.

Man I might have to check out your state next time I go to Nigeria
Re: Akpabio:fast-tracking Akwa Ibom's Future by EkoIle1: 7:27am On May 27, 2011
#4. By Uduak Edward
[
b]
Akpabio: Brand for sustainable democracy By Uduak Edward[/b]

Just like a tiger devours its meat, Akpabio has been eating up illiteracy in Akwa Ibom - through his free, qualitative and compulsory education policy. He’s been eating up poverty - through micro credit schemes to sub-groups and societies - including religious bodies. He has allowed  God to use him to elongate the lives of Akwa Ibom people - through his free medicare for children, pregnant women and the elderly. And, he’s been transforming the landscape of the state with his globally acknowledged massive infrastructural renaissance. For instance, with about 280 urban roads and Federal roads worth over N180billion; with an elevated standard of living; promotion of self worth; etc, Akpabio is not just the tiger of transformation for Akwa Ibom state but for Nigeria.  That explains why a critical segment of the society – the media – recently confirmed novelist James Hadley Chase’s assertion that a goldfish has no hiding place! Almost in quick succession, Akpabio had received the prestigious Man of the Year Awards from the reputable Daily Independent and the National Daily newspapers.

When Akpabio, on his inauguration  on May 29, 2007, promised to take Akwa Ibom to Nigeria, many thought it was mere political boast. Today, the state is no longer discussed in negative terms of child-labour and house-maid syndromes. The people’s self worth and confidence have been restored, just by initiating the right programmes.

To many an Akwa Ibom person, Akpabio, through deliberate people-focused policies, has brought light to the land and the illumination has set many free from the shackles of poverty, ignorance, indolence and self pity.

In years gone by, life in Akwa Ibom was torture, neglect and dark!

Today, Akpabio has brought hope and actualized dreams. Truly, he has become a model for good governance.; the desirable ingredient for sustainable democracy. He has become a light which even his detractors cannot extinguish!  

Click on the link to read the rest of the con job

http://www.pointblanknews.com/Articles/artopn2803.html
Re: Akpabio:fast-tracking Akwa Ibom's Future by EkoIle1: 7:30am On May 27, 2011
#5. By Uduak Edward

Why Governor Akpabio must go… By Uduak Edward

Yes! In 2011,Akpabio Must Go… back to Government House, Uyo! At least, that is what the State House of Assembly said recently, when they handed him a key to the newly constructed Governor’s Lodge. That was what the Ibibio Nation said, recently when they endorsed him. That was what the Oron Nation and the Annang Nation said, too! That was what the traditional rulers said when they made him “Uko Akwa Ibom“! Akwa Ibom people say, based on the above compelling reasons, they would again express it at the polls - against all odds - that Akpabio must go…ON!

Click on the link to read the rest of the con job

http://www.pointblanknews.com/artopn2512.html
Re: Akpabio:fast-tracking Akwa Ibom's Future by EkoIle1: 7:33am On May 27, 2011
Who is Uduak Edward again?

Naija is full of 419 and con men

Akpabio is pulling a fast one

lmao
Re: Akpabio:fast-tracking Akwa Ibom's Future by EkoIle1: 7:39am On May 27, 2011
joecrack:

@eko ile
why are you hating on godswill,i mean do u have a personal grouse with him.
Ozin did not diss fash,the dude is just happy with his own gov,just like you.
You both have something in common,dont u think so.

Hating and stating facts are 2 different things.

I'm not asking him not to love his governor, spewing falsehoods and loving your governor is not the same.

Some are gullible and some are not. It's perfectly ok if you are.
Re: Akpabio:fast-tracking Akwa Ibom's Future by joecrack(m): 7:42am On May 27, 2011
No,this aint no spewing falsehood,i'm from neighbouring crs.the guy has done welk
Re: Akpabio:fast-tracking Akwa Ibom's Future by EkoIle1: 7:45am On May 27, 2011
ekt_bear:

Interesting: http://www.aksgonline.com/articlePage.aspx?qrID=886

$2 billion budget this year, $2.3 billion the year before. And a relatively small population.

So Lagos, Rivers type of money, but with 1/5th of the population of Lagos. Makes sense that it'd be developing so rapidly. Kudos to them

Now you see hun? These states are richer than Lagos state, but little or nothing to show for it but mouth.

Don't fall for the rapidly BS. The same people in this thread couldn't show us anything about Akwa and the rest of the states in that region.

Trust me, you are not going to get anything from them beyond their loud mouth.
Re: Akpabio:fast-tracking Akwa Ibom's Future by EkoIle1: 7:49am On May 27, 2011
joecrack:

No,this aint no spewing falsehood,i'm from neighbouring crs.the guy has done welk

Stop saying that. What has he done well? Just what?

If you're so knowledgeable about the area, why don't you go ahead and  explain to us what you saw. List the so called done well even if you don't have pictures. (Well, the pics are on the state's website and it ain't sh.it)
Re: Akpabio:fast-tracking Akwa Ibom's Future by KnowAll(m): 7:52am On May 27, 2011
But come to think of this "Uduak Edwards" own too much, all these multiplicities of articles on one man now is starting to look  and appear like a " praise singing" contest,  I would seriously love to hear from more " established independent journalist" . The article opening this thread is mind blowing, intriging & almost convincing. We need verification thus !!
Re: Akpabio:fast-tracking Akwa Ibom's Future by joecrack(m): 7:55am On May 27, 2011
On uduak edward. everybody have got his own p.r mechanism,govs,mins,politicians,all of them.sometime u just have to tell ur own story,i worked in a p.r firm in abj and we had these politicians as clients,they just want their stories(good) to be on the news,nothing bad about that.I mean we complain western press hating on africa with all those negative stories thats cuz we dont have a structure to counter them.
So when next akpabio does some good,uduak's byline would appear on the papers,no difference with fash.
Re: Akpabio:fast-tracking Akwa Ibom's Future by ektbear: 7:58am On May 27, 2011
Let me be real for a second. . . if this was in Igboland, I'd be hating on 'em a little bit.

But it is not  smiley

Really hard for me to hate on the success of the minority groups

Plus I've never had anything but good interactions with the folks I've met in my life from AKS and Cross Rivers. My dad has a few on his staff. . . seem like good folk to me
Re: Akpabio:fast-tracking Akwa Ibom's Future by joecrack(m): 8:04am On May 27, 2011
@Eko ile
i doubt u've been there before,if u know the place a couple of years ago,things have quite change.i'm not from there,i had a priviledge of being there 5 yrs ago and when i visited months back,from a lay man's point of view,its quite changed
Re: Akpabio:fast-tracking Akwa Ibom's Future by EkoIle1: 8:10am On May 27, 2011
joecrack:

On uduak edward. everybody have got his own p.r   mechanism,govs,mins,politicians,all of them.sometime u just have to tell your own story,i worked in a p.r firm in abj and we had these politicians as clients,they just want their stories(good) to be on the news,nothing bad about that.I mean we complain western press hating on africa with all those negative stories thats cuz we dont have a structure to counter them.
So when next akpabio does some good,uduak's byline would appear on the papers,no difference with fash.

You are wrong and I'll tell you why.

Fashola can not get away with some PR person giving flowing tributes without anything on the ground to show for it.

Even a blind man can see what Fashola is doing, they don't have to tell you, it's out there.

The Uduak Edward Character is doing non of that, he or she is not only constantly writing so fondly about Akpabio and whatever imaginary success he or she is touting, the writes too intimately about Akpabio the individual/the governor.

The writer is obviously not a smart clandestine writer because he or she left a lot of trails to follow.

In the article in this thread he or she wrote about akpabio and the details about the questions asked by akpabio's daughter.

A few weeks leading to the just concluded governorship election, Governor Godswill  Akpabio was summoned before a tough court by his kids.  “Daddy”, the last girl was the prosecuting counsel. “Is it true you are seeking a second term?” Shocked by the direct question, the ever articulate leader momentarily lost his oratory. Eventually, he said, “yes!”. “But I put it to you that you have built the airport; the e-library; first-in-Africa drainage system”, the little girl continued.

“You have instituted free-and-compulsory education; pregnant women, children and the elderly receive free medicare. Mr Governor, you have built 205 roads; three flyovers; Ibom Power Plant; brand new Government House; completed Le’meridien Hotel; built Banquet Hall; Ibom Tropicana and 1,400 communities are now linked to national grid. Currently, you have done over 3000 live-changing projects across the 31 local government areas. So, Daddy, if you go back, what else would you do?”

It wasn’t really the question but the thoughtfulness of the questioner. Coming from a little girl barely seven years old, it demanded a deeper introspection. For the governor, it must have been rewarding because his children acknowledged his industry. Despite attempts to demonise his sincere efforts at transforming the state, even the babies have internalized the truth. Yet, it must also have been a moment to firm up his programmes so that like he did in 2007, on reelection, he could hit the ground running.

So, where did he or she got that info from? From the news paper? From Akpabio himself? Or the writer made it up?

Again, look at the play by play action and how the writer went down explaining what akpabio is doing, how's doing it and the reason why he's doing it.

Read the article again and the ones I posted.
Re: Akpabio:fast-tracking Akwa Ibom's Future by EkoIle1: 8:12am On May 27, 2011
joecrack:

@Eko ile
i doubt u've been there before,if u know the place a couple of years ago,things have quite change.i'm not from there,i had a priviledge of being there 5 yrs ago and when i visited months back,from a lay man's point of view,its quite changed

Are you really not going to tell us what you saw and list the so called development?
Re: Akpabio:fast-tracking Akwa Ibom's Future by EkoIle1: 8:15am On May 27, 2011
Re: Akpabio:fast-tracking Akwa Ibom's Future by joecrack(m): 8:25am On May 27, 2011
If i tell u things i saw,next you'll ask me to give u pictures which i dont have plus i dont stay there,just went there on visits.
Its ridiculous to say aks is richer than lag,they may get FG allocation than lagos,but it is no where close to lagos in terms of funds>revenue generation.
Re: Akpabio:fast-tracking Akwa Ibom's Future by EkoIle1: 8:33am On May 27, 2011
joecrack:

If i tell u things i saw,next you'll ask me to give u pictures which i dont have plus i dont stay there,just went there on visits.
Its ridiculous to say aks is richer than lag,they may get FG allocation than lagos,but it is no where close to lagos in terms of funds>revenue generation.

Like I said, you don't have to post pictures, just list something.
You spoke eloquently about the great things you saw, but why even believe you if you can not even explain to us what you saw?

It doesn't matter what Lagos state is raising because it all boils down to the yearly budget they work with. It's all about the budget, not how much you generate, you can not spend more than what you generate and borrow to form your budget.

Akwa is richer, Akwa generates more money and post higher budget than Lagos state, that's a fact.
Re: Akpabio:fast-tracking Akwa Ibom's Future by joecrack(m): 9:08am On May 27, 2011
I earlier stated what i saw,i told u i saw clean expansive roads,public schools that were up to standards,etc nw u are saying i should explain,hw do u want me explain roads,schools ehn.
I am not pr aid for akpabio,i just stated a simple fact that the state considerable looks better than what it was 4,5 years ago.whats a crime in that,i mean is just like oshodi that has nw a better look compared to what it was some years back,simple.Ozin who is more concerned about his state has promised he'll bring photos,pls lets expect em
Re: Akpabio:fast-tracking Akwa Ibom's Future by joecrack(m): 9:47am On May 27, 2011
Plus did i hear u say aks posts larger budget than lagor,pls do ur checkings well,lagos is spending $3b for 2011 while aks is $2b
Re: Akpabio:fast-tracking Akwa Ibom's Future by Nobody: 9:55am On May 27, 2011
Eko Ile:

Akwa is richer, Akwa generates more money and post higher budget than Lagos state, that's a fact.
surely, THIS IS NOT A FACT
Re: Akpabio:fast-tracking Akwa Ibom's Future by hercules07: 9:56am On May 27, 2011
@joe and ozin

I am not knocking Akwa Ibom, the praise for anything that has happened in Akwa Ibom should go to Attah, if you know the dynamics of what happened in 2007 you will know what I am talking about, the Edet Akpan expressway that was commissioned ( 12 lanes road ) was built by Attah not Akpabio, the transformation of Uyo was done by Attah, you are speaking to someone who has been going to Akwa Ibom since 2001, I know that state very well, Akpabio has done some roads no doubt about it, but he has not uplifted the people, you see the economic situation of the people remaining the same from 2002 to date, the laudable objectives of Attah were thrown out, he has only empowered touts, now Attah was not a saint, he drove a smoking patrol in 1999, now, he is a billionaire (stole his people blind), but, he had a vision for the state, he regretted the houseboy tag that was used on Akwa Ibomite and was trying to empower them, when it was time to leave, he chose his son in law who could have even won at the primaries if not for the fact that he had his uncle running as well for another post (led to a lot of cancelled votes). The total length of roads constructed by Akpabio is not up to the Lekki express way and the quality is something else, Ozin, post the recent picture of the airport road, that road can never be compared to ordinary Funsho williams road.
Re: Akpabio:fast-tracking Akwa Ibom's Future by EkoIle1: 10:05am On May 27, 2011
careytommy:

surely, THIS IS NOT A FACT

Why don't you go ahead and prove it? Talk is cheap.
Re: Akpabio:fast-tracking Akwa Ibom's Future by joecrack(m): 10:38am On May 27, 2011
hercules07:

@joe and ozin

I am not knocking Akwa Ibom, the praise for anything that has happened in Akwa Ibom should go to Attah, if you know the dynamics of what happened in 2007 you will know what I am talking about, the Edet Akpan expressway that was commissioned ( 12 lanes road ) was built by Attah not Akpabio, the transformation of Uyo was done by Attah, you are speaking to someone who has been going to Akwa Ibom since 2001, I know that state very well, Akpabio has done some roads no doubt about it, but he has not uplifted the people, you see the economic situation of the people remaining the same from 2002 to date, the laudable objectives of Attah were thrown out, he has only empowered touts, now Attah was not a saint, he drove a smoking patrol in 1999, now, he is a billionaire (stole his people blind), but, he had a vision for the state, he regretted the houseboy tag that was used on Akwa Ibomite and was trying to empower them, when it was time to leave, he chose his son in law who could have even won at the primaries if not for the fact that he had his uncle running as well for another post (led to a lot of cancelled votes). The total length of roads constructed by Akpabio is not up to the Lekki express way and the quality is something else, Ozin, post the recent picture of the airport road, that road can never be compared to ordinary Funsho williams road.
more like it
you know the state,the politics and its dynamics.i might not really know who did what,though i'm aware the airport and the ibom power was started by attah.
But the fact remains there is an appreciable level of structures on ground in aks,even the people these days acknowledge it and are proud.
I think eko ile does not really believe any good can come out from a pdp govt,but we all know a few have done well,
Re: Akpabio:fast-tracking Akwa Ibom's Future by Nobody: 5:47am On May 31, 2011
Akpabio bags award at inauguration
| Print | E-mail
Tuesday, 31 May 2011

THE Akwa Ibom State governor, Chief Godswill Akpabio, was, on Sunday, presented with an inauguration gift, as he won the Man of the Year Award of the Paradigm Communications Ltd, publishers of National Daily newspapers.

Presenting the 2010 edition of the award at a ceremony held at the Le Meridien Hotel and Golf Resort, Nwaniba, Akwa Ibom State, Ambassador Olusegun Olusola noted that the impressive performance of the governor compelled the newspaper to nominate him for the honour for two consecutive years.

Governor Akpabio had also won the 2009 edition of the award, at a ceremony which took place in Lagos.

However, Ambassador Olusola said this year’s award had to be moved out of Lagos to Uyo, the Akwa Ibom State capital, as a way of acknowledging the commendable strides of Akpabio, as well as celebrating with him on his second term inauguration ceremony.

The Editor-in-Chief of the newspaper, Mr Sylvester Egbodaghe, while announcing the decision of the board of management of the medium to, again, give Akpabio the award, said though certain questions arose as to why the governor should be considered again, it was resolved that it would be immoral to deny a student a first position, simply because he was brilliant.

He said in the gamut of names that came up for consideration, Governor Akpabio always featured and eventually towered above others on overall aggregate performance.

While accepting the award, Chief Akpabio said it would spur him to do more for Akwa Ibom people and dedicated it to them, for giving him the opportunity to serve.

Akpabio said he would continue to answer his critics with the inauguration of more projects in his second term.

While assuring the people of more developmental projects in the next four years, Akpabio challenged other Nigerians and people of the state in the diaspora to visit the state, in order to get a first hand information, adding that to be uniformed was to be deformed.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/22773-akpabio-bags-award-at-inauguration
Re: Akpabio:fast-tracking Akwa Ibom's Future by Nobody: 5:50am On May 31, 2011
Akpabio said he would continue to answer his critics with the inauguration of more projects in his second term.

While assuring the people of more developmental projects in the next four years, Akpabio challenged other Nigerians and people of the state in the diaspora to visit the state, in order to get a first hand information, adding that to be uniformed was to be deformed.

This is a challenge to the Eko-Iles of this world who does not see anything good in a non-ACN governor.take your time and visit my state and come to terms with the fact that there are other performing governors outside Fashola.
Re: Akpabio:fast-tracking Akwa Ibom's Future by Nobody: 5:57am On May 31, 2011
Eko Ile:

Who is Uduak Edward again?

Naija is full of 419 and con men

Akpabio is pulling a fast one

lmao

Eko-Ile of this world can as well google tribune,National daily newspaper and Ambassador Olusegun Olusola like u did Uduak Edwards.
Re: Akpabio:fast-tracking Akwa Ibom's Future by EkoIle1: 6:09am On May 31, 2011
Ozin:

This is a challenge to the Eko-Iles of this world who does not see anything good in a non-ACN governor.take your time and visit my state and come to terms with the fact that there are other performing governors outside Fashola.

The burden is not on me to prove anything, talk less go to some village just to verify some non existing projects, same projects that I'm still waiting for you to name or list.

Are these secrete developments and projects hidden inside some cave in Akwa ni? Why are thy so hard for you lying people to list?
Ozin:

Eko-Ile of this world can as well google tribune,National daily newspaper and Ambassador Olusegun Olusola like u did Uduak Edwards.
Re: Akpabio:fast-tracking Akwa Ibom's Future by EkoIle1: 6:12am On May 31, 2011
Ozin:

Who is asking you not to google? To tell you the truth, the post above makes no damn sense.
Re: Akpabio:fast-tracking Akwa Ibom's Future by EkoIle1: 6:24am On May 31, 2011
Ozin:

Akpabio’s Scorecard; A Colossal Disappointment

POWER SECTOR;

With over 24 billion naira of tax payers money already spent on IBOM POWER PLANT, it appears the IBOM POWER PLANT may end up like AJAOKUTA STEEL (GOD FORBID) which has allegedly been used as a conduit for siphoning money.

AKPABIO'S spin doctors are always quick to tell us that GAS is now the problem, and it's like AKPABIO'S 'MAGIC ' has failed to work for 4 years.The bottom line is, the IPP has FAILED to produced the 24 hour uninterrupted power supply as promised by AKPABIO.
How can people believe that this present administration is serious about the power issue when streetlights along ABAK ROAD, UYO are still powered by generators in this jet age? The environmental and over head cost implications will be a topic for another day.

IBOM TROPICANA AND ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE;

This misplaced priority is suppose to be the FLAGSHIP of this present administration and was allegedly conceived in the image of SUN CITY of SOUTH AFRICA and the famous DYSNEY LAND in Orlando, Florida, USA.While one is of the view that an entertainment centre can boost the tourism potentials of the state,it is totally absurd that AKPABIO awarded the contract to SILVERBIRD (the contractor) for 33 billion naira of tax payers money. SILVERBIRD has built similiar project in LAGOS and ABUJA with its own FUND. Even the SUN CITY RESORT and DISNEYLAND , ANIEKAN UMANAH mentioned in the write up are not owned by STATE GOVERNMENTS.ANIEKAN UMANAH failed to mention that the respective government in the SOUTH AFRICA and FLORIDA provided the enabling environment (security, power, favorably government policies) for private investors to initiate and operate such ventures.

The resources that were channeled to TROPICANA should have been used on other projects like the AMAKPE REFINERY aPublic-Private Partnership project (PPP) that has been ignored by AKPABIO for reasons best known to him. I think it is pertinent to elucidate here that AKPABIO should borrow a clue from GOVERNOR FASHOLA who has created the enabling environment for PPPs to succeed in LAGOS STATE. Example includes, the EKO ATLANTIC CITY, THE BUS RAPID TRANSIT (BRT) SYSTEM, THE LEKKI-EPE EXPRESS WAY ,THE ISOLO MORTUARY SERVICES,THE WASTE TO WEALTH PROJECT,and the LAGOS RAIL PROJECT. LAGOS STATE never spent a penny on SILVERBIRD GALLERIA (in Lagos) which AKPABIO now considers his FLAGSHIP in AKWA IBOM.It is like AKPABIO has this propensity to only award contracts ,instead of initiating friendly PPPs that will save AKWA IBOM a lot of money.

AMAKPE REFINERY that would have been used as CARROT for attracting the needed investors has been thrown to the dogs. How can we as a people ignore such a project that could create 20,000 direct and indirect jobs for the teeming youths roaming the streets of UYO? I will not be surprised tomorrow if AKPABIO says he wants to build a state owned REFINERY with tax payers’ money because he prefers to award contracts (perhaps for the ‘EGUNJE’ involve), and cognizance should be taken of the fact that public institutions have never been successfully managed in this country .And of course, the charlatans and sycophants will be hailing him without knowing their future is being heavily mortgaged.

Read the rest here>>>>>

http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6788:akpabios-scorecard-a-colossal-disappointment&catid=25:politics&Itemid=92

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka Urges Court To Nullify The 1999 Constitution / Buhari's Letter To Ohaneze / SS & SE..Breakdown Of Budget Projects Is A Collective Assault On Our Personhood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.