Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,646 members, 7,889,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 10:51 PM

Life Is Really Frustrating Me. I Need Help. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Life Is Really Frustrating Me. I Need Help. (632 Views)

See why FG is frustrating Nigerians with NIN / Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life / My Boyfriend Is Frustrating Me, I Am Thinking Of Cheating On Him To Move On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life Is Really Frustrating Me. I Need Help. by Leogreat5: 6:13am On Sep 22, 2021
Good day NL
Nairaland has been a very good source of Information, learning , education , news, help in certain situations and advice to people since I joined / know about NL in 2017. I give credits to all members of this group and visitors of NL.
I will try and make this story brief. Am a graduate of Agriculture since 2015 yet no job. I have applied for jobs severally in my state and some federal jobs( police, army, frsc, custom , Dss , teaching e.tc) but I had no connection. I do some menial jobs at least to meet up with my little needs because I understand the situation am therein. Here is the biggest mistake I made since I was born,. .Early this year I had a thought of going to farming since it's my field and had the experience of farming , I took a loan of 80k from this thrift cooperative in my locality in February with the help a woman close to me. The terms and condition was I will pay up my loan before 30th Sept with an interest of 25k, because of the situation I was and desperation to take a bold step out of comfort zone of waiting for job , I agreed and took the loan .
I called labourers , I had my lease land cleared , I bought my seedlings, herbicides, sprayer, fertilizer, and other things. I cleared about 5acres .my plan was to cultivate early maize, cucumber and garden eggs( all hybird ) . I got the required skills and experience for these crops .
Here is where my problem started, my land preparation and other we're ready before ending of April but no rain to plant��. ( Rain fed agriculture failed me) .so I waited till May before my region had first rain( Delta State , Ubulu-uku). So, I plant my maize and cucumber hoping the rain has come to stay�. For good 2/3week ,my region had no single drop of rainfall , my cucumber and gadern egg farm was wiped out because I wouldn't irrigate and few maize survived, I couldn't make my proposed sale on these crop as earlier planned on my proposal. So I cleared everything and plant my cassava .
The cassava is yet to mature and my loan repayment is steering at me, I failed woefully and I regret the day I made a decision of taken loan to start a farm. I don't sleep, always filled with tears and I have no helper.
The only option ringing within is just to take my life and end it all because I can't face the thrift cooperation and be saying all these to them.
Am depressed ��. A life of no income or helper is death..... Am dieing in silence .
Re: Life Is Really Frustrating Me. I Need Help. by Zeegold12(f): 6:20am On Sep 22, 2021
Hm
I hope you find a way out
But don't even think of killing yourself because you owe someone.
Re: Life Is Really Frustrating Me. I Need Help. by Futurez(m): 6:25am On Sep 22, 2021
Fg won't hear this
Re: Life Is Really Frustrating Me. I Need Help. by JimmyDarmody: 6:37am On Sep 22, 2021
Change your strategy and try again. Hardwork is not a guarantee for success. Working smarter will increase your chances of success faster.
Re: Life Is Really Frustrating Me. I Need Help. by yomi007k(m): 8:14am On Sep 22, 2021
One thing people dont understand is that "business is a risk" and agriculture is not excluded.

I rear turkeys in my spare time and the first time I ventured into it 90 % survived but the second time 60% survived.

My point is getting a loan for something as risky as agriculture is not a good idea.
Re: Life Is Really Frustrating Me. I Need Help. by Leogreat5: 8:48am On Sep 22, 2021
Yeah,I understand you better .My prediction of the climate failed me.

One thing people dont understand is that "business is a risk" and agriculture is not excluded.

I rear turkeys in my spare time and the first time I ventured into it 90 % survived but the second time 60% survived.

My point is getting a loan for something as risky as agriculture is not a good idea.[/quote]

(1) (Reply)

B747 Pilot Fired For This Landing / Rechargeable Solar Fan With Light / Barrister K.C Ugboajah Declares For Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.