Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,280 members, 7,947,338 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 05:10 PM

Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan (9291 Views)

Buhari’s Appointments Are Not Lopsided Says Jonathan’s Former-aide, Omokiri / Support Me Or I Come After You Says Jonathan...martin Elechi's Son Arrested / IBB Is Confused, Says Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by ziccoit: 7:19pm On May 27, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

I had no shoes to wear
never dreamnt I will be president one day,

I also never believed I can make any impact in four years,
if I can make it, you too can
if I can't make any change in four years You too Can't,

I am GEJ
I am beaf

fresh air 2011,

L. KRavitz:

maybe 400 years will do cool

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 27, 2011
Leader = Optimism

Politician = Pessimism

GEJ is a pessimist. He was elected president just a month ago or so. If he feels he can't do the job he "promised" to do in four years, make e comot for road. Very simple. He came to the drawing board with plans he doesn't know how to implement, and somehow he was elected. Baffling.

Too many sayers, hardly any doers.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 7:26pm On May 27, 2011
Bro J, I see you are getting your excuses in already.

Sullivan Chime, Ngige, Fashola, Amechi,  catch my drift?

These gentlement recorded considerable strides in 4 years. They are, therefore, prime contenders for the presidency in 2015 so do commot for road make we see clear.

You may not know it but to many Nigerians 4 years is an eternity. You can look up our infant mortality figures if in doubt.
As my pips will say taa bu gboo meaning that today is the best day to set forth. Stop flapping around.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by ektbear: 7:27pm On May 27, 2011
GEJ for Emperor of Nigeria, imo

Let him rule this country for life
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by hooklover: 7:29pm On May 27, 2011
Am not surprised with his statement that 4 yrs is not enough, when i say it in the front page of the dalies, i knew we have been caught again with the pdp jinx, they only use GEJ to deceive us and we fell so cheaply.

4 yrs not enough, that is a sign of a failing man already, maybe we give him 40 yrs for it to be enough. My people say na from odour of mess u go know how shit go be,,,,,,

my ppl shine ur eyes, this guy has all the opportunities to make a greats name for himself and the nigerdelta within the 4yrs am shocked he is already giving excuse.

perhaps he says so cos he cant touch the mafia that are holding the country hostage,

God will help us,
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by davd: 7:56pm On May 27, 2011
It's true four years is short; but oga make u start the good work you promised Nigerians first now, R then another person will continue from where you stop oh! Remember, four years term is constitutional.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by member479760: 7:57pm On May 27, 2011
even 100 years will not be enough for someone like prof. GEJ to make changes. i never expect anything good to come out from him anyway, although i voted for him simply to getrid of the ex-dictator. enjoy your 4years with the apeteshi and fish you are used to.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by scopusng(m): 8:03pm On May 27, 2011
I Voted GEJ and not PDP. You got what you voted. Hahahaha.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 27, 2011
i guess we can all see why gej went to uganda - to pick up tips on term perpetuation
this must be the 'continuity' admin said we'd get from gej  cheesy
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by apoti(m): 8:07pm On May 27, 2011
GEJ is the smartest person in the whole world  grin grin grin

He just used the brains of over 22 million people  shocked shocked shocked
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by cvibe: 8:15pm On May 27, 2011
GEJ was the only one to travel round the 36 states and he saw the reason why 4 years will not be enough. So, he may be right in his own words.

Offtopic
NB: Nairalanders If you know anyone who deals in or can supply me GOLD DUST that can be confirmed in Nigeria, pls let me know (send me a Nairaland PM in my inbox) . Serious Foreign Ready Buyer Available.

Thank you.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by dayokanu(m): 8:18pm On May 27, 2011
GEJ for second term though he has not started the firt term? I dey laffoooooooooo

If he knew 4yrs wont be enough, why contest for a 4yr term,
Stability? what has he been doing for the past 1 yr?
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by joecrack(m): 8:24pm On May 27, 2011
Many a time,i ask myself,ponder and wonder,why this vexation towards gej,see N'Landers venting crass anger on this man,you can feel their adrenaline pumping,i bet abacha and ibb put together wont be hated like this.some for the fun of it would quote and misquote everything outta proportion,someone had posted saying gej said he would do absolutely nothing cuz 4 years was nt enough,for God sake when did he ever make such comment.
He was making comments as regards nigerias foreign policy and was hinting there was need for ministers to stay long on the job so there could be some kind of continuity and stability in govt policies,at that point he intertwined that even the presidency and gov'norship,4years was really not enough to achieve all what you set out for.imagine a simple harmless comment,which in discreetely looking at without bias,the man was right,in view of the fact that our democracy and economy is just evolving with diverse socio-politico issues at play.
Next thing anti gej guys begin to read negative meanings into all this,someone earlier posted he was trying to test the ground for tenure elongation,haba,wouldn't that be overbiting the good-luck nigerians have given him.
All these just reminds me of the US,Obama was regarded as a green horn,he is minority,he does not fit into ur normal US president,he is no heavyweight,he is weak blah blah blah,these are corresponding xtics some nigerians label gej.but see obama today,the guy has come out strong gunning for second term,see top republican bigwigs dropping their ambitions,the man they called weak is launching into wars that they are complaining and telling him to soft pedal,bush couldn't get osama in 6yrs obama did in less than 3,thats how the man would ride to white house again.And believe thats how gej would shame haters,all those bitc.hing him would eat their words back.
No be naija we dey
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by scopusng(m): 8:31pm On May 27, 2011
“I was not born rich, and in my youth, I never imagined that I would be where I am today, but not once did I ever give up. I was raised by my mother and father with just enough money to meet our daily needs. In my early days in school, I had no shoes, no school bags. I carried my books in my hands but never despaired; no car to take me to school but I never despaired.

There were days I had only one meal but I never despaired. I walked miles and crossed rivers to school every day but I never despaired. I did not have power, I did not have generators, I studied with lanterns, but I never despaired,” he said in the most moving part of his speech.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by scopusng(m): 8:35pm On May 27, 2011
joecrack:

Many a time,i ask myself,ponder and wonder,why this vexation towards gej,see N'Landers venting crass anger on this man,you can feel their adrenaline pumping,i bet abacha and ibb put together wont be hated like this.some for the fun of it would quote and misquote everything outta proportion,someone had posted saying gej said he would do absolutely nothing cuz 4 years was nt enough,for God sake when did he ever make such comment.
He was making comments as regards nigerias foreign policy and was hinting there was need for ministers to stay long on the job so there could be some kind of continuity and stability in govt policies,at that point he intertwined that even the presidency and gov'norship,4years was really not enough to achieve all what you set out for.imagine a simple harmless comment,which in discreetely looking at without bias,the man was right,in view of the fact that our democracy and economy is just evolving with diverse socio-politico issues at play.
Next thing anti gej guys begin to read negative meanings into all this,someone earlier posted he was trying to test the ground for tenure elongation,haba,wouldn't that be overbiting the good-luck nigerians have given him.
All these just reminds me of the US,Obama was regarded as a green horn,he is minority,he does not fit into your normal US president,he is no heavyweight,he is weak blah blah blah,these are corresponding xtics some nigerians label gej.but see obama today,the guy has come out strong gunning for second term,see top republican bigwigs dropping their ambitions,the man they called weak is launching into wars that they are complaining and telling him to soft pedal,bush couldn't get osama in 6yrs obama did in less than 3,thats how the man would ride to white house again.And believe thats how gej would shame haters,all those bitc.hing him would eat their words back.
No be naija we dey

HOW MUCH WERE U PAID?
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by kcjazz(m): 8:41pm On May 27, 2011
joecrack:

All these just reminds me of the US,Obama was regarded as a green horn,he is minority,he does not fit into your normal US president,he is no heavyweight,he is weak blah blah blah,these are corresponding xtics some nigerians label gej.but see obama today,the guy has come out strong gunning for second term,see top republican bigwigs dropping their ambitions,the man they called weak is launching into wars that they are complaining and telling him to soft pedal,bush couldn't get osama in 6yrs obama did in less than 3,thats how the man would ride to white house again.And believe thats how gej would shame haters,all those bitc.hing him would eat their words back.
No be naija we dey

People have a right to be skeptical at every move of the FG, it is now GEJs duty to prove them wrong. African leaders are dangerous especially the ones that come into the office with a high goodwill from voters.

25 years ago, GEJs Ugandan friend said:

The problem of Africa in general and Uganda in particular is not the people but leaders who want to overstay in power ~ Yoweri Museveni 1986

And as you know, he is still there. God bless Nigeria
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 8:51pm On May 27, 2011
oh oh, gej is the best jare, i they laugh o
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 27, 2011
joecrack:
No be naija we dey

I stopped reading after the bolded. I fit answer sha. Technology no dey during IBB and Abacha time, otherwise revolution would've started via facebook.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by cvibe: 9:12pm On May 27, 2011
GEJ is here to stay. The earlier you guys start accepting what you cannot change until the next 8 4 years, the better. Transformation has come to stay.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 27, 2011
it's true. you can't turn everything around in 4 years BUT you can make significant strides. where i disagree with him is this taking 1+ years to settle into the position. you should have had your agenda in place since. wasn't the agenda the platform you used to garner votes from us? so go down that list of things you said you would accomplish and get started.
his statements are not a good sign. not at all. undecided
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 9:35pm On May 27, 2011
kcjazz:

People have a right to be skeptical at every move of the FG, it is now GEJs duty to prove them wrong. African leaders are dangerous especially the ones that come into the office with a high goodwill from voters.

25 years ago, GEJs Ugandan friend said:

The problem of Africa in general and Uganda in particular is not the people but leaders who want to overstay in power ~ Yoweri Museveni 1986

And as you know, he is still there. God bless Nigeria

correct.

ogugua88:

I stopped reading after the bolded. I fit answer sha. Technology no dey during IBB and Abacha time, otherwise revolution would've started via facebook.

LOL.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 9:35pm On May 27, 2011
cvibe:

GEJ is here to stay.  The earlier you guys start accepting what you cannot change until the next 8 4 16 years, the better. Transformation has come to stay.

Fixed.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 27, 2011
cvibe:
GEJ is here to stay.  The earlier you guys start accepting what you cannot change until the next 8 4 years, the better. Transformation has come to stay.

From who? From where? How? He just said he can't transform anything because four years isn't enough lol.

-----

Nigeria has problems almost everywhere. He's not superman. No one is expecting him to make Nigeria a competitive super nation in one term. All GEJ has to do is pick two or three areas and focus on them. Imagine, shortly after inauguration, Nigeria's president is saying he can't do anything major lol. Disgraceful chameleon.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by fxtopedia(m): 9:40pm On May 27, 2011
joecrack:

No be naija we dey   

GEJ apologist at work,  ROFLMAO
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by bestman09(m): 9:45pm On May 27, 2011
Much ado about nothing! All bad belle people go die for nothing.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by apoti(m): 9:57pm On May 27, 2011
joecrack:

No be naija we dey

your name should have been Joe-crap angry
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by vabrida: 9:59pm On May 27, 2011
sEe HiN hEaD lIkE sEcOnD tErM. mAkE yOu Na AlL gO bUy NeW gEnErAtOr tongue
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by Olaisrich(m): 10:27pm On May 27, 2011

Offtopic
NB: Nairalanders If you know anyone who deals in or can supply me GOLD DUST that can be confirmed in Nigeria, pls let me know (send me a Nairaland PM in my inbox) . Serious Foreign Ready Buyer Available.

Thank you.

how can i reach you? no email, no phone numbers!
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by maasoap(m): 10:41pm On May 27, 2011
Did he say 4yrs is too short to make MASSIVE change or ANY change? I think GEJ die-hard supporters need to think deeply and ponder over these two words "any change" in 4 years before you labelled people GEJ haters.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by reindeer: 11:06pm On May 27, 2011
maasoap:

Did he say 4yrs is too short to make MASSIVE change or ANY change? I think GEJ die-hard supporters need to think deeply and ponder over these two words "any change" in 4 years before you labelled people GEJ haters.

I'm not sure that capability still exists with their new found hero-worship.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by Beaf: 11:13pm On May 27, 2011
Jealousy. cry cry cry
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 11:28pm On May 27, 2011
he should really concentrate on the development that this country needs and not the number of years he has to be on the seat. (i am beginning to suspect him o)

read this topic too[url]https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=677216.msg8406902#msg8406902[url]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. / We Won’t Disappoint You, Tinubu Assures Buhari / From Nigeria To Texas Oil Wealth-kase Lawal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.