Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,814 members, 7,872,719 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:38 PM

Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? (29311 Views)

How To Write Your Background To The Study Very Fast And Well / Unknown Animal With Hunchback Chase Kids From School VIDEO PICS / Woman Recounts How She Almost Lost Her Two Kids From School's Negligence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by abeggnow: 2:53pm On Sep 25, 2021
akinreals:
Because their parents always force them to go to school, they will even choose any course for them. Do they even need to go to schopl? At all at all na him bad. Afterall school na scam. That's my thought though cheesy grin cool kiss grin cheesy
not true . because they understand that skill acquisition is the key to financial freedom. hence they chose curses that has to do with skill.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by ednut1(m): 2:57pm On Sep 25, 2021
AgentGoat:

Buhari is not intelligent? grin grin

An army general?

quota system army general
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by webosky: 3:33pm On Sep 25, 2021
akinreals:
Because their parents always force them to go to school, they will even choose any course for them. Do they even need to go to schopl? At all at all na him bad. Afterall school na scam. That's my thought though cheesy grin cool kiss grin cheesy

Your thought should be placed at the bottom of a dustbin
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by Puremath: 3:33pm On Sep 25, 2021
I think it's simply a function of their choice.
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by Lacash: 3:46pm On Sep 25, 2021
CrystalSpark:
This question has always been on my mind and just now I’m reading, again, that the daughter of President Buhari went to the UK to study Photography. grin grin

Not just her! There’s a noticeable trend even in Naija; a kid from a very wealthy home may go to a university to study music, or catering, or something that isn’t “popular and mainstream”.

The rest of us from not so rich homes will kill ourselves with mechanical, chemical, petro-chemical, electromagnetic engineering

The reason is not far fetch my brother, they already have a well paid Job waiting for them even with their ssce certificate grin
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Sep 25, 2021
Telegram234:

U are a fu3king illiterate.
Those course dont matter here in Nigeria.
But they matter a lot internationally.
Do u think those one will even plan to work in Nigeria. They get their BSc and relocate to abroad..
please check how much engineers earn abroad.
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by richysam(m): 4:34pm On Sep 25, 2021
CrystalSpark:
This question has always been on my mind and just now I’m reading, again, that the daughter of President Buhari went to the UK to study Photography. grin grin

Not just her! There’s a noticeable trend even in Naija; a kid from a very wealthy home may go to a university to study music, or catering, or something that isn’t “popular and mainstream”.

The rest of us from not so rich homes will kill ourselves with mechanical, chemical, petro-chemical, electromagnetic engineering

and even electrocuting engineering grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by themanderon: 4:44pm On Sep 25, 2021
One is for fun and the other is for survival.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by TruthUntold: 5:30pm On Sep 25, 2021
CrystalSpark:

photography isn't just pointing and shooting camera, they teach art, settings, graphics, and even a bit of event planning, gallery mountings, even sculpting as an optional, CG won't exist without photography, are you starting to see the whole picture?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:36pm On Sep 25, 2021
sagieramos:

Even here in Nigeria, some sound engineer earn far more than banker

I believe you.
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by TWoods(m): 6:13pm On Sep 25, 2021
CrystalSpark:

Simple - children from poor homes have to be more selective in what they study - it is the difference between perpetuating the poverty they grew up with or attaining at least a middle-class lifestyle.

Children of the rich already have all they would ever want. That gives them the liberty to pursue anything they want.

Children of the rich pursue their hobbies, children of the poor pursue a path out of poverty.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by temitope27(m): 6:36pm On Sep 25, 2021
Telegram234:

Do u think those one will even plan to work in Nigeria. They get their BSc and relocate to abroad..
u see say u no get sense just $55,000 annually and u re foaming in the mouth, when some footballer earns that in a week
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by Gfskw: 8:52pm On Sep 25, 2021
Lazy
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by Theresamay: 9:34pm On Sep 25, 2021
CrystalSpark:

that's rich man's mindset for you. They aspire to become entrepreneurs, while the poor study to get a job(journey of the broke)

1 Like

Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by Lekan239(m): 2:14am On Sep 26, 2021
Telegram234:

55,000 dollar annually is chicken change and a low budget work in Australia. Or are you trying to compare with Nigeria again
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by samcrispy: 11:04am On Sep 26, 2021
CrystalSpark:

Here in Nigeria �� most of those unpopular courses are the ones that are really relevant out there. Here in Nigeria, there are some courses you will do here but you can’t use that certificate to work here in Nigeria , you have to leave Nigeria and go explore the world before you can reap the reward.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

List Five Pairs Of Confusing Words And Their Meaning / 12 Universities To Choose If From You Want To Study Computer Science / NNPC/CHEVRON JV National University Scholarship Awards 2016 Application Is On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.