Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,808 members, 7,886,175 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 02:19 AM

Carrying Pregnancy Should Be Considered As Work, High Court Judge Rules - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Carrying Pregnancy Should Be Considered As Work, High Court Judge Rules (3917 Views)

All Marriages Conducted at Ikoyi Registry Are Illegal - High Court / Man Finds Out Who His Biological Father Is After Carrying Out A DNA Test (photo) / American Feminist: Pregnancy Should Be Banned. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Carrying Pregnancy Should Be Considered As Work, High Court Judge Rules by saphiere(f): 9:21pm On Sep 24, 2021
High Court judge Teresiah Matheka has declared that carrying a pregnancy to a full term should be considered routine work.

However, she noted that in recent times, couples have been transferring the duties to third parties, particularly surrogate mothers who are paid to bear the children on their behalf. She suggested that it should be treated as work for mothers carrying pregnancy akin to their surrogate counterparts who are contracted to do the same.

The judge also held that child-rearing and housewifery should be treated as routine work in which those partaking in it can be paid.

In the event that a couple separates, the party that is left to take care of the children should get a sizeable sum of the marital property, the judge ruled. Further, she noted that the nine months a woman carries a baby in her womb should be taken into account by judges while presiding over family disputes. Matheka was evidently in defence of full-time housewives who, in the face of separation, are left deprived of all the marital property on the grounds of them not contributing through tangible income. She argued that while a party, in this case, a husband who works, may claim ownership of the property while sidelining the wife, the latter has the rights given she spent time at home looking after the children and overseeing other family affairs.

“It is easy for the spouse working away from home and sending money to lay claim to the whole property purchased and developed with that money by the spouse staying at home and taking care of the children and the family. It will be heard that the spouse at home was not employed thus they contributed nothing,”
she said.

“Raising children is a full-time job that families pay a person to do. Cooking and cleaning as well. Hence, for a woman in employment who has to balance childbearing and rearing this contribution must be considered,” she added.

She was presiding over a case in which an estranged wife had sued her former husband seeking to have their marital property sold and the proceeds equally distributed amongst themselves.

https://www.tuko.co.ke/427331-carrying-pregnancy-should-be-considered-work-high-court-judge-rules.html

lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Carrying Pregnancy Should Be Considered As Work, High Court Judge Rules by saphiere(f): 9:21pm On Sep 24, 2021
The FUTURE is gradually becoming FEMALE.
Soon women would be paid for being FEMALES.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Carrying Pregnancy Should Be Considered As Work, High Court Judge Rules by aanuoluwami14(f): 9:27pm On Sep 24, 2021
grin
Re: Carrying Pregnancy Should Be Considered As Work, High Court Judge Rules by Muna4real(f): 9:29pm On Sep 24, 2021
She's right from an angle
Re: Carrying Pregnancy Should Be Considered As Work, High Court Judge Rules by Tinubuadvocate: 9:29pm On Sep 24, 2021
This is not acceptable.
Re: Carrying Pregnancy Should Be Considered As Work, High Court Judge Rules by Freestainworld(m): 9:39pm On Sep 24, 2021
MEN should also be paid for doing a wonderful work which eventually leads to pregnancy, it is not easy to eat all kinds of things just to be fit enough to act.

3 Likes

Re: Carrying Pregnancy Should Be Considered As Work, High Court Judge Rules by Ever8090: 9:51pm On Sep 24, 2021
Pregnancy wey our mothers them been dey carry go farm come back go stream go fetch water come back come cook na him this generation of slay queen's dey make am look like big deal..
Re: Carrying Pregnancy Should Be Considered As Work, High Court Judge Rules by thesicilian: 9:51pm On Sep 24, 2021
I won't be surprised to find out later that the judge is a divorced or single mom. They're using so bitter it clouds their judgement.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Carrying Pregnancy Should Be Considered As Work, High Court Judge Rules by Queenttoast01: 9:51pm On Sep 24, 2021
Tell them o wink
Re: Carrying Pregnancy Should Be Considered As Work, High Court Judge Rules by saphiere(f): 9:55pm On Sep 24, 2021
Ever8090:
Pregnancy wey our mothers them been dey carry go farm come back go stream go fetch water come back come cook na him this generation of slay queen's dey make am look like big deal..
Do you know how many women have died through this journey? IMO; Pregnancy should be considered as one of the most risky work on Earth. And the carrier should be placed on salary with nothing less that $5000 a week.

9 Likes

Re: Carrying Pregnancy Should Be Considered As Work, High Court Judge Rules by penplus: 9:57pm On Sep 24, 2021
Freestainworld:
MEN should also be paid for doing a wonderful work which eventually leads to pregnancy, it is not easy to eat all kinds of things just to be fit enough to act.

Your wonderful work didn't make pregnancy happen...GOD's grace did. Infact the woman nor her husband did nothing absolutely nothing...them no contribute finger or hair...na on top sin and enjoyment GOD take dash them children. So many people are doing that wonderful work you're doing yet them no get children...it's not by might nor by power but by my spirit says the LORD

1 Like

Re: Carrying Pregnancy Should Be Considered As Work, High Court Judge Rules by bigdammyj: 10:13pm On Sep 24, 2021
Part time job

1 Like

Re: Carrying Pregnancy Should Be Considered As Work, High Court Judge Rules by DrSamOnowu87(m): 10:25pm On Sep 24, 2021
Ever8090:
Odiegwu, infact in Bubu's word "E shock me" to carry pregnancy to be paid for...what about giving d pregnancy.
Re: Carrying Pregnancy Should Be Considered As Work, High Court Judge Rules by DrSamOnowu87(m): 10:28pm On Sep 24, 2021
kwantinue. Madam judge.

Re: Carrying Pregnancy Should Be Considered As Work, High Court Judge Rules by saphiere(f): 10:29pm On Sep 24, 2021
penplus:

Your wonderful work didn't make pregnancy happen...GOD's grace did. Infact the woman nor her husband did nothing absolutely nothing...them no contribute finger or hair...na on top sin and enjoyment GOD take dash them children. So many people are doing that wonderful work you're doing yet them no get children...it's not by might nor by power but by my spirit says the LORD
Who carry the pregnancy? God?
N/B: The topic is not who make pregnancy happen but who carry it.

6 Likes

Re: Carrying Pregnancy Should Be Considered As Work, High Court Judge Rules by kcnwaigbo: 10:29pm On Sep 24, 2021
saphiere:
Do you know how many women have died through this journey? IMO; Pregnancy should be considered as one of the most risky work on Earth. And the carrier should be placed on salary with nothing less that $5000 a week.
I hope you will park and go and live in Kenya where the judgement was delivered

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Carrying Pregnancy Should Be Considered As Work, High Court Judge Rules by penplus: 12:05am On Sep 25, 2021
saphiere:
Who carry the pregnancy? God?
N/B: The topic is not who make pregnancy happen but who carry it.

Even the pregnancy na GOD give women grace to carry am...no be your power
Re: Carrying Pregnancy Should Be Considered As Work, High Court Judge Rules by Bifwoli: 1:23am On Sep 25, 2021
saphiere:
That's called a sense of entitlement and its bad for you.Its really really bad.
Re: Carrying Pregnancy Should Be Considered As Work, High Court Judge Rules by omowolewa: 2:58am On Sep 25, 2021
She is correct by half
Re: Carrying Pregnancy Should Be Considered As Work, High Court Judge Rules by isaacola57: 7:38am On Sep 25, 2021
Bifwoli:
That's called a sense of entitlement and its bad for you.Its really really bad.
what does a man bring to the table apart from money.. this days women make money too.. Women work bear children and do house work.. men only work.. So I feel women deserve more accolades even more than men..good women not the lazy ones

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Carrying Pregnancy Should Be Considered As Work, High Court Judge Rules by isaacola57: 7:43am On Sep 25, 2021
If women can make their own money men will loose relevance in marriage cuz that's mostly all they do.. That's why men do not want independent women.. p.s I am a man.. Women that balance home and work bring more in a marriage than a man.. Good women not the lazy entitled ones oo

2 Likes

Re: Carrying Pregnancy Should Be Considered As Work, High Court Judge Rules by Sonnobax15(m): 6:57pm On Sep 25, 2021
grin
In other words,men should also file for an appeal........We can't be lashing for free tongue.
Re: Carrying Pregnancy Should Be Considered As Work, High Court Judge Rules by socialmediaman: 7:36pm On Sep 25, 2021
Re: Carrying Pregnancy Should Be Considered As Work, High Court Judge Rules by Vision101(m): 3:04am On Sep 26, 2021
Very mad judges everywhere. Mtcheeee
Re: Carrying Pregnancy Should Be Considered As Work, High Court Judge Rules by Vision101(m): 3:11am On Sep 26, 2021
@saphiere

IMO; Pregnancy should be considered as one of the most risky work on Earth. And the carrier should be placed on salary with nothing less that $5000 a week.

@me
Hahahaha.....who will pay the salary? Is the woman going to refund when she starts going for omugwo? Will she start to refund when she starts harvesting from the children?

Women, women, women
Re: Carrying Pregnancy Should Be Considered As Work, High Court Judge Rules by Allegory(f): 8:26am On Sep 26, 2021
saphiere:
You sound like a man?
Re: Carrying Pregnancy Should Be Considered As Work, High Court Judge Rules by saphiere(f): 10:11am On Sep 26, 2021
Allegory:

You sound like a man?
Because I said women would be paid for being females?
I would have said "we would be paid for being females"? Lol SHM

1 Like

Re: Carrying Pregnancy Should Be Considered As Work, High Court Judge Rules by Mariangeles(f): 10:28am On Sep 26, 2021
saphiere:

All humans should kuku be paid for existing. undecided
Re: Carrying Pregnancy Should Be Considered As Work, High Court Judge Rules by saphiere(f): 11:38am On Sep 26, 2021
Mariangeles:

All humans should kuku be paid for existing. undecided
Paid by who?

1 Like

Re: Carrying Pregnancy Should Be Considered As Work, High Court Judge Rules by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 26, 2021
saphiere:

To be sincere, you are just an idiot with all these type of news you report.

Basically it means that women are commodities, I mean isn't that the reason why we have Polygamy for rich men who can afford more women?

Keyword is afford, if pregnancy is $5000, so it means i should be able to pay any woman and have any amount of kids.

I mean I would even prefer this type of arrangement, it means a man doesn't have to be committed to any woman. Someone like davido can afford 50 kids because $5000 is chicken change to them.

Honestly I don't how you found this forum because you don't have sense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Carrying Pregnancy Should Be Considered As Work, High Court Judge Rules by Raalsalghul: 11:55am On Sep 26, 2021
truthsayer009:

To be sincere, you are just an idiot with all these type of news you report.

Basically it means that women are commodities, I mean isn't that the reason why we have Polygamy for rich men who can afford more women

Keyword is afford, if pregnancy is $5000, so it means i should be able to pay any woman and have any amount of kids.

I mean I would even prefer this type of arrangement, it means a man doesn't have to be committed to any woman. Someone like Davido can afford 50 kids because $5000 is chicken change to him.

Honestly I don't how you found this forum because you don't have sense.

Lol. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... / See How This Owerri Lady Exposed & Humiliated Her Husband Who Abused Her(pics) / 14 Truths About Married Life Nobody Will Ever Tell You About!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.