Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,364 members, 7,888,163 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:49 PM

Nigeria’s Ambassador To Kenya Batters Wife Over Dinner - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Ambassador To Kenya Batters Wife Over Dinner (481 Views)

Soldier Batters Driver In Lagos For Sneering At Him (photo) / Punch Newspaper Mocks Fayose And Wife Over Prediction (pic) / Amaechi To Be Made Nigeria Ambassador To Australia. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Ambassador To Kenya Batters Wife Over Dinner by LTVersati(m): 9:27pm On May 27, 2011
http://korrectnation.com/?p=9006

The wife of Nigerian High Commissioner to Kenya H.E Tess Wigwe was reported to have written the police autorities to arrest her husband Dr. Chijioke Wilcox Wigwe for causing her serious bodily harm.

The unfortunate incident was said to have occured on May 11th 2011 after her husband got furious over her attidude of challenging his aithority as the man of the house. The relationship between the couple was said to have degenerated to the extent that they do not talk to each other and only communicate by writing

“This time, he left a note about his dinner. I told him his dinner was ready and asked him not to be asking for dinner to be prepared if he was not going to eat it. He grabbed me by the hand and when I tried to pull away, he hurled me against the wall before he started punching me,” she said.

The mother of five children was said to have sustained serious injuries as a result of the beating and had to be hospitalized.

However, when the ambassador was contacted by Nairobi based newspapaer, he denied beating his wife saying: “I am shocked about her actions. They have not notidied me of any plot against me. I have jsut arrived from a from a foreign trip.”

http://korrectnation.com/?p=9006

(1) (Reply)

Time To Tax The Churches / Heavy Bomb Blast Hit Police Hqs Abuja / Bankole Granted Bail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.