Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,181 members, 7,880,684 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:14 AM

Ronaldo Backed Out Of Taking Penalty After Taunt From Villa Goalkeeper - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo Backed Out Of Taking Penalty After Taunt From Villa Goalkeeper (2963 Views)

Ronaldo Branded Most Selfish Footballer After Not Taking Penalty In Napoli Game / Aston Villa Goalkeeper Pepe Reina Opens Up About His Terrifying Experience / Gabriel jesus Revealed He Was Stopped From Taking Penalty Against Liverpool (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ronaldo Backed Out Of Taking Penalty After Taunt From Villa Goalkeeper by aluyapreston: 9:00am On Sep 26, 2021
Villa goalkeeper, Emi Martinez continues his signature penalty thrash talking when Manchester United were awarded a penalty on Saturday against Aston Villa.

With United having a last gasp opportunity to rescue a point after been awarded a penalty, Martinez charged out of his post and screamed at Ronaldo to take the penalty.

"Hey you, take the penalty" "yes take the penalty" the Villa goalkeeper keeper was heard saying as he pointed to Ronaldo.

In response, Fred and other United players pushed back Martinez while Ronaldo walked away from the spot.

Bruno, however, took responsibility for the spot kick but it seemed Martinez trash talking already had the effect as the Portuguese midfielder moved away from his trademark stuttering run and instead ballooned the ball onto the fans on the strentford end.

Martinez not yet done with his antics, turned to the United fans and did a humping dance in front of the crowd to conclude a frustrating afternoon for the Red Devil's.

This is not the first time Martinez has been spotted trash talking players during penalties with a notable feature being the Copa America semi final match between Argentina vs Colombia.

Martinez had called all Colombia players that stepped up to take penalties pussies and Motherfvckers. Three players ended up missing their kick and Argentina went on to win a tight semi final encounter.

Colombia coach at the time requested for a FIFA fine against Martinez for unsportsmanlike behavior

Re: Ronaldo Backed Out Of Taking Penalty After Taunt From Villa Goalkeeper by aluyapreston: 9:24am On Sep 26, 2021
More

Re: Ronaldo Backed Out Of Taking Penalty After Taunt From Villa Goalkeeper by timbros(m): 9:46am On Sep 26, 2021
Mind games at its finest grin

That ball just landed in my backyard and broke my window glass angry angry

5 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Backed Out Of Taking Penalty After Taunt From Villa Goalkeeper by Glycolite: 10:04am On Sep 26, 2021
Ronaldo would have loved to take the penalty,but since Bruno was already with the ball and trying to position it to the penalty spot, Ronaldo backed out.
Not Martinez mind games made him back out.

5 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Backed Out Of Taking Penalty After Taunt From Villa Goalkeeper by Petoski7: 11:22am On Sep 26, 2021
Wait the Op actually taught CR7 backed out of taking the spot kick because he was "tauted" by Martinez?
Cristiano is one of the most confident players I know to have played this sport..if he wants to get it done, it will be done by his will and not the will of others
Left for me I think it was a common decision by everyone to let bruno take it...but apparently matinez wanted to prove a point by trying to catch CR7's shot.. PATHETIC!!! cheesy grin

6 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Backed Out Of Taking Penalty After Taunt From Villa Goalkeeper by Kingcalls: 12:37pm On Sep 26, 2021
I pity their next meeting grin grin...anyone that dont hv money should just save it cos Ronaldo will definitely blast that keeper the next time he faces him...

Martinez na moi moi 4 whr Ronaldo de na ...no b that former arsenal keeper wey small teams like Brighton and Watford de use penalty finish am??

Bruno 4k up... the moment he said that ( out of fear and excitement) knowing Ronaldo was not gonna take it as he had seen Bruno holding the ball... if I be Bruno, the moment he said that, he wud hv just said OK, Ronaldo take the pk and do what u do best , martinez for confuse

Don't ever challenge Ronaldo, he will 4k u up ...those that did it in the past regretted challenging him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Backed Out Of Taking Penalty After Taunt From Villa Goalkeeper by HornyTave: 1:43pm On Sep 26, 2021
Kingcalls:
I pity their next meeting grin grin...anyone that dont hv money should just save it cos Ronaldo will definitely blast that keeper the next time he faces him...

Martinez na moi moi 4 whr Ronaldo de na ...no b that former arsenal keeper wey small teams like Brighton and Watford de use penalty finish am??

Bruno 4k up... the moment he said that ( out of fear and excitement) knowing Ronaldo was not gonna take it as he had seen Bruno holding the ball... if I be Bruno, the moment he said that, he wud hv just said OK, Ronaldo take the pk and do what u do best , martinez for confuse

Don't ever challenge Ronaldo, he will 4k u up ...those that did it in the past regretted challenging him

let's have a bet.
how many goals would Rinaldo score in their next meeting?
Re: Ronaldo Backed Out Of Taking Penalty After Taunt From Villa Goalkeeper by Kingcalls: 2:40pm On Sep 26, 2021
HornyTave:

let's have a bet.
how many goals would Rinaldo score in their next meeting?

He will definitely score , its not by how many goals....its about him scoring, which he will
Re: Ronaldo Backed Out Of Taking Penalty After Taunt From Villa Goalkeeper by paulolee(m): 2:42pm On Sep 26, 2021
its not about mind games, fernandez was more ready to play d penalty than cr7..
martinez is a good goalie and would save cr7 penalty n also cr7 would have scored him easily bcoz cr7 av faced so many experienced goalie in his career..
Fernandez missing may b mind games bt i dnt see it working for cr7..
Re: Ronaldo Backed Out Of Taking Penalty After Taunt From Villa Goalkeeper by paulolee(m): 2:44pm On Sep 26, 2021
Petoski7:
Wait the Op actually taught CR7 backed out of taking the spot kick because he was "tauted" by Martinez?
Cristiano is one of the most confident players I know to have played this sport..if he wants to get it done, it will be done by his will and not the will of others
Left for me I think it was a common decision by everyone to let bruno take it...but apparently matinez wanted to prove a point by trying to catch CR7's shot.. PATHETIC!!! cheesy grin
thats life...wen tinz work, u go mouth....the talk for no come up if Fernandez scored
Re: Ronaldo Backed Out Of Taking Penalty After Taunt From Villa Goalkeeper by paulolee(m): 2:46pm On Sep 26, 2021
Glycolite:
Ronaldo would have loved to take the penalty,but since Bruno was already with the ball and trying to position it to the penalty spot, Ronaldo backed out.
Not Martinez mind games made him back out.
sure..penalty is about who is ready...jus like wen neyma took It wen messi was on d pitch in dt paris game..
Re: Ronaldo Backed Out Of Taking Penalty After Taunt From Villa Goalkeeper by angelEmade: 2:59pm On Sep 26, 2021
This keeper, with Messi's effort won the copa america for Argentina. He is a very good goalie...perhaps the most underated goalkeeper in the world

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Backed Out Of Taking Penalty After Taunt From Villa Goalkeeper by angelEmade: 3:01pm On Sep 26, 2021
Kingcalls:

Eehyah. Like he did to Porto and Ajax that beat his team home and away?
This is football oga.

5 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Backed Out Of Taking Penalty After Taunt From Villa Goalkeeper by NewBusinessIdea: 3:12pm On Sep 26, 2021
Re: Ronaldo Backed Out Of Taking Penalty After Taunt From Villa Goalkeeper by Kingcalls: 3:28pm On Sep 26, 2021
angelEmade:

Eehyah. Like he did to Porto and Ajax that beat his team home and away?
This is football oga.

Foolishness will not allow y reason like a human being...dint he score in both legs against ajax... the second leg against Porto, after he was blamed for the 2nd goal...he responded in the next serie A game with a first half hat trick

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Backed Out Of Taking Penalty After Taunt From Villa Goalkeeper by gibzzhd: 4:11pm On Sep 26, 2021
Honestly. Who has a better penalty success ratio lately between Bruno and Penaldo. I think the stats say Bruno is better
Re: Ronaldo Backed Out Of Taking Penalty After Taunt From Villa Goalkeeper by angelEmade: 4:41pm On Sep 26, 2021
Kingcalls:

Foolishness will not allow y reason like a human being...dint he score in both legs against ajax... the second leg against Porto, after he was blamed for the 2nd goal...he responded in the next serie A game with a first half hat trick
I thought ur wise oo but since u can't put on a single argument without using insults I have to let you know that ur entire generations and ur parents are the foolish ones... This is how u will let small pikins to be insulting you old fools on nairaland.
Better go watch again...wetin he score against Porto Especially that second leg...chiesa was banging in goals baba dey flop. We know say baba na goat but that's not the argument. The argument is that this is football and anything can happen. U be confirm mumu

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Backed Out Of Taking Penalty After Taunt From Villa Goalkeeper by aluyapreston: 4:49pm On Sep 26, 2021
angelEmade:

I thought ur wise oo but since u can't put on a single argument without using insults I have to let you know that ur entire generations and ur parents are the foolish ones... This is how u will let small pikins to be insulting you old fools on nairaland.
Better go watch again...wetin he score against Porto Especially that second leg...chiesa was banging in goals baba dey flop. We know say baba na goat but that's not the argument. The argument is that this is football and anything can happen. U be confirm mumu

I think he insults too much too. Its somehow. Why can't you pass your point without cussing. It says a lot

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Backed Out Of Taking Penalty After Taunt From Villa Goalkeeper by unbitchable(m): 5:10pm On Sep 26, 2021
The old fraud must not go near penalty. What has he done with the freekicks he has been taking?
The old fraud must score a freekick first before taking any penalty for ManUtd.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Backed Out Of Taking Penalty After Taunt From Villa Goalkeeper by mytime24(f): 7:59pm On Sep 26, 2021
Abeg make dem dey give Penaldo penalties to play, if not hw him go use b highest goal scorer angry

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Backed Out Of Taking Penalty After Taunt From Villa Goalkeeper by HornyTave: 8:52pm On Sep 26, 2021
Kingcalls:

He will definitely score , its not by how many goals....its about him scoring, which he will

you're not sure
Re: Ronaldo Backed Out Of Taking Penalty After Taunt From Villa Goalkeeper by OG1BABY(f): 9:12pm On Sep 26, 2021
Okay
Re: Ronaldo Backed Out Of Taking Penalty After Taunt From Villa Goalkeeper by money121(m): 9:13pm On Sep 26, 2021
Ok
Re: Ronaldo Backed Out Of Taking Penalty After Taunt From Villa Goalkeeper by FahBuLous: 9:55pm On Sep 26, 2021
Ronaldo can stand any pressure in this world...
Some foolish people are saying he was afraid of Martinez...
Re: Ronaldo Backed Out Of Taking Penalty After Taunt From Villa Goalkeeper by puppie017: 11:05pm On Sep 26, 2021
Kingcalls:

100% valid
Re: Ronaldo Backed Out Of Taking Penalty After Taunt From Villa Goalkeeper by puppie017: 11:05pm On Sep 26, 2021
unbitchable:
The old fraud must not go near penalty. What has he done with the freekicks he has been taking?
The old fraud must score a freekick first before taking any penalty for ManUtd.
You mumu
Re: Ronaldo Backed Out Of Taking Penalty After Taunt From Villa Goalkeeper by DareyFortified: 1:27am On Sep 27, 2021
Kingcalls:

Abeg jare! Didn't Ronaldo played a full 90mins? And he didn't even have a shot on target, neither did he even have any impact on the field. He was even rated 5/10, the worst Man UTD player rating in that game. Just accept the
Fact that he was poor in that game, and there is chances that even if he play that penalty he might lose it. Abi Ronaldo no dey lose penalty ni?

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Backed Out Of Taking Penalty After Taunt From Villa Goalkeeper by omogumel(m): 7:46am On Sep 27, 2021
He might be having a bad game that day but that doesn't imply that he will miss the penalty the way Bruno did
DareyFortified:

Abeg jare! Didn't Ronaldo played a full 90mins? And he didn't even have a shot on target, neither did he even have any impact on the field. He was even rated 5/10, the worst Man UTD player rating in that game. Just accept the
Fact that he was poor in that game, and there is chances that even if he play that penalty he might lose it. Abi Ronaldo no dey lose penalty ni?
Re: Ronaldo Backed Out Of Taking Penalty After Taunt From Villa Goalkeeper by Kingcalls: 9:08am On Sep 27, 2021
If he played it and scored, haters will call him arrogant and he wants to take control of what he doesn't deserve... he backs out due to Bruno insisting he want to play it...haters still say he is a coward .... if u get to this level of life whr no matter what u do, they still condemn u, then know u have finally succeeded in life ... thank u haters

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Backed Out Of Taking Penalty After Taunt From Villa Goalkeeper by OJEEMAH(m): 10:54am On Sep 27, 2021
aluyapreston:

I think he insults too much too. Its somehow. Why can't you pass your point without cussing. It says a lot
that's his trademark on NL.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Best Soccer Tips For Combos/Parlays. / The Success Of Spain: A Lesson For Every Football Nation / Nigeria Vs Argentina: Argentina's Coach Bears No Grudges For 4 - 1 Defeat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.