Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,656 members, 7,889,146 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:24 AM

What's The Light Situation In Your Area? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What's The Light Situation In Your Area? (11953 Views)

Current Situation In Osogbo, Osun State Over Sen. Adeleke's Tribunal Victory / Please How Is Light Situation In Your Area Now? / What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by ogododo: 8:46pm On Sep 26, 2021
drlateef:
I was going to write a post on this but you beat me to it. The last time I came to Nigeria was 8 years ago. Anytime the plane enters the airspace of Lagos, it was always pitch darkness from the sky. That was the case 8 years and before that, when Obasanjo and Jonathan ruled Nigeria. I came back few days ago and was shocked to see the whole Lagos well lit. Everywhere was like daytime. I thought I was dreaming. Buhari has tried for Nigeria in terms of electricity and other railway infrastructure.

Una dey put politics for everything, when you landed for airport light dey, un know feel heat? No be gen, airport dey most of the times. The House abi na hotel you dey,how he be? The light u see most time na gen, solar plus inverters.

The roads to your abode na gold coated angry grin grin grin angry angry

2 Likes

Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by obembet(f): 8:46pm On Sep 26, 2021
FunkyAlhaji2015:
I can't remember the last time they took my light. I have to put my fridge off sometimes just to defrost. I dey fear make my AC no come spoil due to constantly being on.

Your location
Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by obembet(f): 8:49pm On Sep 26, 2021
Whatshallido:
There is no light in my street since April this year.
I'm in lagos, no 46 Segun Awolowo Street Egigbo Lagos. NEPA took our transfomer away because of debt.

Lair grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by obembet(f): 8:50pm On Sep 26, 2021
chukwuibuipob:
sad Who ask u for Ur house address? If NEPA carry Ur transformer away cos of debt,the landlords should put heads together and do the needful.Are u pipu there chronic debtors sad?

Una dey fight before
Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by obembet(f): 8:51pm On Sep 26, 2021
eedimo:
In Maiduguri it's almost 8 months now cry

U can't blame PHCN for that...
Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by chukwuibuipob: 8:54pm On Sep 26, 2021
obembet:

Una dey fight before
maybe we go beg NEPA to return their transformer back and wipe away his hood debt sad
Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by teacherbim(f): 9:05pm On Sep 26, 2021
FILEBE:

Go to their office. They should send someone to come check your room and evaluate. That was what I did when I was having such issue

And after the evaluation were they able to reduce it? thanks
Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by FILEBE(m): 9:20pm On Sep 26, 2021
teacherbim:

And after the evaluation were they able to reduce it? thanks

Yes. They were able to reduce it.

1 Like

Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by teacherbim(f): 9:25pm On Sep 26, 2021
FILEBE:

Yes. They were able to reduce it.
Okay,thanks
Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by deenee: 9:46pm On Sep 26, 2021
obembet:
Dear Nairalanders, This is the first time I will commend Power holding company in Nigeria. For the past 3 months, we are been enjoying steady light here in Port Harcourt ( CHOBA, Rumuosi, Eluos, Alakahia/UPTH, Rumuekini etc). As in 48hours under the sun, under the rain. We have been enjoying this for the past 3 months now. When this started about 3 months ago, I was thinking Officer charge of our area was Sleeping or they plan to give us light we supposed to use for one week in just a day because we hardly experience 2hrs before.

So, are you enjoying the same thing in your area?

Kindly give us update of your area.

I hope you are paying your light bills in a timely manner as you are enjoying the light?

1 Like

Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by Bizibi(m): 9:49pm On Sep 26, 2021
Reflect7:

Do not be afraid. This govt is different from unserious PDP embezzlers.

The groundwork for actualising improved power supply began the very day Buhari was elected President.

People abuse this man night and day, but under him, we are witnessing massive improvement in critical infrastructure - power, rail, roads, bridges, seaports etc. These investments are the building blocks for an improved economy going forward.
which investments

Critical infrastructures??

You are mad!!!
Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by drlateef: 9:54pm On Sep 26, 2021
ogododo:

Una dey put politics for everything, when you landed for airport light dey, un know feel heat? No be gen, airport dey most of the times. The House abi na hotel you dey,how he be? The light u see most time na gen, solar plus inverters.

The roads to your abode na gold coated angry grin grin grin angry angry

Are you telling me there was no gen or solar 8 years ago? Why was everywhere pitch dark?
Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by ogododo: 9:59pm On Sep 26, 2021
drlateef:

Are you telling me there was no gen or solar 8 years ago? Why was everywhere pitch dark?

U self know u are selective, everywhere come bright as day grin grin angry angry angry.
High Rise buildings like Ikoyi link Bridge, CIVIC centre and so on na dem dey illuminate Lagos plus people solar, gen, inverters and solar.
Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by uthlaw: 10:04pm On Sep 26, 2021
Judolisco:
Smart move by Jonathan to privatised power
ena get problem ooo....for good 7yrs he used as president,he only make moves without executions.... railway (good moves),2nd Niger bridge (good moves), PDP Secretariat (good moves),why is he useless to complete nothing.... why didn't you commends the one that did the job,not the one that make moves!
Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by Federalofficia(m): 10:32pm On Sep 26, 2021
The light here for kwara state ganmo to be precise, where i day serve na top notch, we fit get light for 2 weeks uninterrupted and even if then off am maximum 30 minute he don on back
Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by Reflect7: 10:37pm On Sep 26, 2021
Bizibi:
which investments

Critical infrastructures??

You are mad!!!

How will a small kid like you who doesn't go anywhere know what is going on in Nigeria?

When last did you leave that small area you live in?
Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by yourshopkwikguy(m): 11:20pm On Sep 26, 2021
At Sabo yaba we do have 20 hours light at least
At iyana-ipaja also, we do have 18 hours light minimum
The electricity situation has significantly improved sha
Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by Sandy8: 11:30pm On Sep 26, 2021
99.9% farin gada jos
Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by Hushmoni: 11:37pm On Sep 26, 2021
No light since 3 days in owerri
Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by Egelife(m): 12:15am On Sep 27, 2021
Here in Enugu, for the past 3 weeks it has been so stable. We have been out of power for just 6 hours (give or take) in all the 3 weeks

1 Like

Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by Judolisco(m): 3:55am On Sep 27, 2021
uthlaw:
ena get problem ooo....for good 7yrs he used as president,he only make moves without executions.... railway (good moves),2nd Niger bridge (good moves), PDP Secretariat (good moves),why is he useless to complete nothing.... why didn't you commends the one that did the job,not the one that make moves!
who privatised power? And how I take get problem? we dey talk electricity u dey talk pdp secretariat and railway.. angry
Jonathan privatised power like he sold generation and distribution to private investors... And I said it was a smart move by him...
Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by Fapemz: 3:55am On Sep 27, 2021
Alternative energy is it! Be educated about the advantages of buying lithium batteries instead of lead. For those who need on small setup to meet basic needs, check this out: 0.8O653.163O7

Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by Cully366: 4:05am On Sep 27, 2021
obembet:
Dear Nairalanders, This is the first time I will commend Power holding company in Nigeria. For the past 3 months, we are been enjoying steady light here in Port Harcourt ( CHOBA, Rumuosi, Eluos, Alakahia/UPTH, Rumuekini etc). As in 48hours under the sun, under the rain. We have been enjoying this for the past 3 months now. When this started about 3 months ago, I was thinking Officer charge of our area was Sleeping or they plan to give us light we supposed to use for one week in just a day because we hardly experience 2hrs before.

So, are you enjoying the same thing in your area?

Kindly give us update of your area.

So true,i live in choba as well but the bill is extremely high for those not using prepaid meters

1 Like

Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by Fapemz: 4:08am On Sep 27, 2021
chatinent:
Ours bi like isi cigar.

You cannot know they've brought light until you study the bulb.

Well, I am available to write your academic research works.

You will need this alternative above then....see post above
Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by Fapemz: 4:13am On Sep 27, 2021
sonssyo:
Nah now they brought it for the past 1 week,stupid people,I no dey pay anything last month,I recharge my cable no way,I no get generator,d neighbors wey get very noisy stuffs,I no dey rest ,Bleep NEPA,Bleep Nigeria economy, everywhere red

Consider alternative energy like the one above
Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by Mummyimbecile(m): 4:18am On Sep 27, 2021
Reflect7:

My friend keep quiet. In India, Pakistan, Bangladesh etc, there are power cuts daily.

IT IS A FEATURE OF DEVELOPING NATIONS IN GENERAL, ESPECIALLY THOSE WITH LARGE POPULATIONS.

It is not limited to 'Nigeria'.
you are talking out of ignorance young man... Can you even define power outage?

I guess you haven't travelled out of your village since you were born.

Quote me further, and I will tutor you on what power outages can be defined as, and why the shithole you call a country can never make headway with the type of leaders it has presently.
Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by Ijaya123: 6:32am On Sep 27, 2021
Decentdave:
Complete Darkness in some part of Lagos undecided
I pass by our NEPA office yesterday and I saw them drawing one small I pass my neighbour generator I come weak angry

What else were you expecting? Or you expect the office to generate their own power from the blues?
Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by uthlaw: 6:33am On Sep 27, 2021
Judolisco:
who privatised power? And how I take get problem? we dey talk electricity u dey talk pdp secretariat and railway.. angry
Jonathan privatised power like he sold generation and distribution to private investors... And I said it was a smart move by him...
what is smart about that....the increment in the fee or the 4hrs electricity per day!
Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by bestseyi: 6:53am On Sep 27, 2021
NO ELECTRICITY FOR THE PAST TWO 4YRS HERE IN AWGU LOCAL GOVERNMENT ENUGU STATE
Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by Bizibi(m): 7:22am On Sep 27, 2021
Reflect7:

How will a small kid like you who doesn't go anywhere know what is going on in Nigeria?

When last did you leave that small area you live in?
keep quiet boy!! Deceiving yourself...... sycophant that think he is smart. My small area is in wuse2,Abuja. come,let me open your blind bat eyes and see the nonsense they are doing. Talking about critical infrastructures, nonsense being.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See The Individuals To Be Honoured At 10 Anniversary Of Eminent Magazine / FG Asks Ministerial Nominees To Complete Documentation July 30 / PHOTOS: Nigerian Stock Exchange Honours Aishat Oshoala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.