Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,168 members, 7,890,940 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 02:25 AM

I Give Praise To Jesus Christ’ – Usyk Speaks After Defeating Anthony Joshua - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Give Praise To Jesus Christ’ – Usyk Speaks After Defeating Anthony Joshua (587 Views)

Terem Moffi: Nigerian Striker Mocks Mbappe After Defeating PSG / Appollo Crews Wins US Championship After Defeating Andra / Super Eagles Players All Smiles After Defeating Argentina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Give Praise To Jesus Christ’ – Usyk Speaks After Defeating Anthony Joshua by Ikpeyi: 2:09pm On Sep 26, 2021
Ukrainian fighter, Oleksandr Usyk has insisted that there is nothing special about Anthony Joshua (AJ).

Oleksandr Usyk defeated Anthony Joshua 117-112, 116-112 and 115-113 in front of official attendance of 66, 267 in the Tottenham Stadium on Saturday night.

The Nigerian-born British boxer gave up his IBF, WBA and WBO belts as a result of the devastating defeat by Usyk who won by a unanimous decision.

Joshua quickly left the ring and headed straight to the hospital after the Ukrainian dealt heavy damage to his right eye as he could barely see.
Usyk is now the new world heavyweight champion and speaking about the match, the Ukrainian said, “The fight went the way I expected it to go. There were a couple of moments where Anthony Joshua pushed me hard, but just nothing special.”

Speaking further, he said, “This means a lot for me.

“I had no objective to knock him out because my corner pushed me not to do that. In the beginning, I tried to hit him hard, but then I stuck to my job.

“The only thing I wanted to do with this fight is to give praise to Jesus Christ.

“I have been working so hard since January in preparation for this fight, it took me half a year and I didn’t see my family for so long.

“I missed seeing them playing. I want to go home and be happy with my family and I’m not thinking about the rematch.”

https://dailypost.ng/2021/09/26/i-give-praise-to-jesus-christ-usyk-speaks-after-defeating-anthony-joshua/

1 Like

Re: I Give Praise To Jesus Christ’ – Usyk Speaks After Defeating Anthony Joshua by chiiraq802(m): 2:09pm On Sep 26, 2021
Nice one....

Make sure you go for Thanks giving. cool

Wish AJ quick recovery.
Re: I Give Praise To Jesus Christ’ – Usyk Speaks After Defeating Anthony Joshua by SarkinYarki: 2:10pm On Sep 26, 2021
While Anthony came to lie down for a demon called Buhari !!!!!

1 Like

Re: I Give Praise To Jesus Christ’ – Usyk Speaks After Defeating Anthony Joshua by Charmingrascal(m): 2:10pm On Sep 26, 2021
Jesus is the true Champion yesterday, today, tommorow and forever.

He reigns forever hallelujah!!

4 Likes

Re: I Give Praise To Jesus Christ’ – Usyk Speaks After Defeating Anthony Joshua by Bola146(f): 2:19pm On Sep 26, 2021
He only should be praised

1 Like

Re: I Give Praise To Jesus Christ’ – Usyk Speaks After Defeating Anthony Joshua by duro4chang(m): 2:25pm On Sep 26, 2021
He just beat our Joshua like that .
Re: I Give Praise To Jesus Christ’ – Usyk Speaks After Defeating Anthony Joshua by Mangekyo: 2:27pm On Sep 26, 2021
Nice win grin the one sided Severe beating you gave to AJ should reset the brains of niave Nigerians who think AJ would be making it past one round against the likes of Fury and Wilder grin
Re: I Give Praise To Jesus Christ’ – Usyk Speaks After Defeating Anthony Joshua by Lcf69(m): 2:33pm On Sep 26, 2021
The new heavy weight champion has anchored well Spiritually.So,AJ should double his hustle Spiritually,mentally n physically as they rematch...... PINNED.
Re: I Give Praise To Jesus Christ’ – Usyk Speaks After Defeating Anthony Joshua by festacman(m): 2:36pm On Sep 26, 2021
Ok
Re: I Give Praise To Jesus Christ’ – Usyk Speaks After Defeating Anthony Joshua by Kaiser20: 2:48pm On Sep 26, 2021
duro4chang:
He just beat our Joshua like that .
Usyk na hard-working believer

(1) (Reply)

Join Me In My Daily 1.30 For 30 Days / Arsenal Will Make Top 4 / An El Classico In Las Vegas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.