Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,992 members, 7,949,347 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 07:13 AM

What Are The Necessary Skills Every Engineering Student Should Have - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Are The Necessary Skills Every Engineering Student Should Have (672 Views)

Sylvia Nduaguba Chinwedu, IMSU Best Graduating Mechanical Engineering Student / 9 Destructive Habits Every University Student Should Let Go / Sex For Mark: "OAU Female Student Should Stop Playing The Victim" - Man Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Necessary Skills Every Engineering Student Should Have by Cognitivereason: 7:00am On Sep 27, 2021
Hello fellow engineering students, graduate and practitioners..

Out of curiosity I want to know some of the basic and necessary skills every engineering student should work on acquiring in his/her field being it electrical, mechanical or civil..
As an electrical engineering student who is passionate about power...

I have been advised to take up lessons in AutoCAD, Revit and solid works..I have also been told to learn electronics and also try learning automation (PLC) with reputable training centres like AETI ..

I have also heard about PVsyt, ArchiCAD, PDMS ,autodesk inventor etc..how necessary are this and which of the engineers (mech, elect and civil) should show interest in one of this..

what Will u say about this and are there other things necessary to acquire...and also what will you say for the likes of civil and mechanical engineers and students...

In general what are the necessary skill an engineering student should learn outside school to ensure that he/she is employable and to avoid stories that touch..

Lastly can someone recommend good training centres to acquire some of this skills..
I tried researching about AETI for PLC training and it very expensive... I will be glad if any of us can recommend a cheaper alternative for automation PLC

Thanks in anticipation...

Re: What Are The Necessary Skills Every Engineering Student Should Have by risos(m): 7:24am On Sep 27, 2021
The ability to sell your skills, monetizing your knowledge and getting professional certification from relevant internationally regulating organizations.
Re: What Are The Necessary Skills Every Engineering Student Should Have by Cognitivereason: 9:42am On Sep 27, 2021
Thank you for your contribution.. But I will appreciate it better if u can go over the post again and be more descriptive about the certificate
risos:
The ability to sell your skills, monetizing your knowledge and getting professional certification from relevant internationally regulating organizations.

(1) (Reply)

Ban ASUU Now For Shutting Down Universities, FG Told / Biu-benson Idahosa University Trend. / Strike: ASUU, FG Asked To Opt For Out-of-court Settlement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.