Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,419 members, 7,881,542 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:17 PM

COVID-19 Business Booms: Inbound Travellers Bribe Officials To Evade Tests - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / COVID-19 Business Booms: Inbound Travellers Bribe Officials To Evade Tests (10142 Views)

How We’re Removed From Plane Over ‘body Odour’ Complaints — Travellers / A Lagos Bike Rider Uses Dustbin As Dispatch Box To Evade Arrest / Austrheim Sinks: Disaster At Sea, Sad Day For Nigerian Businessmen & Travellers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19 Business Booms: Inbound Travellers Bribe Officials To Evade Tests by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 27, 2021
This is the reason the UK govt is treating those fully vaccinated in Nigeria as if they arent vaccinated.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Business Booms: Inbound Travellers Bribe Officials To Evade Tests by Krismas(m): 12:59pm On Sep 27, 2021
WibusJaga:

Now tell me how Covid-19 will ever end in this country.
grin Where is covid 19 in dis country to start with? Doctors on strike no emergency death low like winch! Be deceiving urself while peeps are cashing out. Covid 19 na cruise generally
Re: COVID-19 Business Booms: Inbound Travellers Bribe Officials To Evade Tests by Pautacfm: 1:01pm On Sep 27, 2021
$100 for covid test in Nigeria, less than $50 in other countries. I spend $200 on a return trip while my colleagues from other countries spend less than $50 for return trip. Some as low $8 per test.
Even within Nigeria oyo state is 33,000 while lagos is 51,800. Ad you expect me to not bribe officials with 5k? Una dey made, turning the pcr to revenue generation scheme
Re: COVID-19 Business Booms: Inbound Travellers Bribe Officials To Evade Tests by Larrykaysail(m): 1:02pm On Sep 27, 2021
QuickStandard:

90% of government workers are corrupt.

But looking at the bolded critically.

Why should I pay #51,400 for a test, when I can easily bribe my way out with #15,000.

Most times the exorbitant fees leads to bribe.

If the fee for the test was moderate, no one will even want to bribe for cheap
if this test is free or cheap people will do it , it's is free in usa
Re: COVID-19 Business Booms: Inbound Travellers Bribe Officials To Evade Tests by Simplythebest: 1:06pm On Sep 27, 2021
Those Airport people are thiefs the immigration infact all of them. I could remember when i was traveling to Dubai how they delayed me and wanted to collect 100 dollars from me cus they have seen that i have my PTA with me and when i told them that i don't have Naria they ask me for 100 dollars since no Naria. But i didn't give them i have to change the dollar at the Airport and gave them 10k and travel with the remaining Naria note. Honestly this country will be hard to be good cus every system is very corrupt and it has become a normal thing. Started from the Bank, immigration, Aviation, Civil service and the rest.
Re: COVID-19 Business Booms: Inbound Travellers Bribe Officials To Evade Tests by Ruggedniggaone: 1:21pm On Sep 27, 2021
olufunmi01:
For the person that banned me it shall not be well with you and your entire family
amen amen amen
Re: COVID-19 Business Booms: Inbound Travellers Bribe Officials To Evade Tests by KaptainAfrika: 2:28pm On Sep 27, 2021
They are always not aware! Nigerian corruption borders on the demonic.
Re: COVID-19 Business Booms: Inbound Travellers Bribe Officials To Evade Tests by Xmato: 3:28pm On Sep 27, 2021
LAWAL AJANI 0031950206 Access Bank

This is one of the main culprits. Just in case anyone is investigating.
Re: COVID-19 Business Booms: Inbound Travellers Bribe Officials To Evade Tests by naturefellow(m): 3:29pm On Sep 27, 2021
post=106216562:
Bribes everywhere.

Corruption has eaten into the empty skulls of some Nigerians.
They see fraud as a normal way of life.

So frightening and saddening at the same time.

God save Nigerians.
Reminds me of a police, sometime in 2015, attached to a multinational, lamenting over bribery and corrupt practices by his comrades. I was truly amazed!

But you, my friend, are in no superior position to lament any issue, 'cause your moral compass is equally bleeped up, or worse off undecided
Re: COVID-19 Business Booms: Inbound Travellers Bribe Officials To Evade Tests by bablon20(m): 3:47pm On Sep 27, 2021
People have refused to go for the test which is free not to talk of the one u will pay 39k or 51k to do, everything in this country is being done for selfish gains and not for humanity sake, if the test is of at 10 or 15k I believe it's still okay. Why 39k? The amount is outrageous and people will continue to evade it. It's also very pathetic that those who still want to part with 39k for the test are still being scammed. Nigeria is doomed! Everyman for him self!
Re: COVID-19 Business Booms: Inbound Travellers Bribe Officials To Evade Tests by jolyment: 9:01pm On Sep 27, 2021
bablon20:
People have refused to go for the test which is free not to talk of the one u will pay 39k or 51k to do, everything in this country is being done for selfish gains and not for humanity sake, if the test is of at 10 or 15k I believe it's still okay. Why 39k? The amount is outrageous and people will continue to evade it. It's also very pathetic that those who still want to part with 39k for the test are still being scammed. Nigeria is doomed! Everyman for him self!

It's 51k not 39k
Re: COVID-19 Business Booms: Inbound Travellers Bribe Officials To Evade Tests by bablon20(m): 8:52am On Sep 28, 2021
If you read all the writeup, u will see where one of the officials claimed the official price for the test is 39k and not 51k
jolyment:

It's 51k not 39k
Re: COVID-19 Business Booms: Inbound Travellers Bribe Officials To Evade Tests by jolyment: 9:58am On Sep 28, 2021
bablon20:
If you read all the writeup, u will see where one of the officials claimed the official price for the test is 39k and not 51k

I know, but they are charging more than 39k, I know someone who paid 51k .

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Business Booms: Inbound Travellers Bribe Officials To Evade Tests by chikason22(m): 5:47pm On Sep 28, 2021
NLPoliceWoman:

Respect the Rules of the forum and you will have a good and nice time on Nairaland.
It's as simple as that.
If anyone curses, trolls, abuse or insults you,
Just push the report or call the attention of the moderators to it, don't bother to reply them, or you will be found guilty as well by the mods!
Respect the Rules and respect your fellow members.
Simple!
Is this too much to ask for?
Where there is no law, there is no sin,
But good to know we have rules and regulations governing Nairaland.
Now, go and sin no more.
I come in peace ✌

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hotels In Benin City / Dont Go Country For Nigerians / How I Got My South Africa Visa:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.