Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,755 members, 7,879,286 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 03:28 PM

There Can Be No Peace Without Justice, Equity — Osinbajo - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Can Be No Peace Without Justice, Equity — Osinbajo (1061 Views)

THERE IS NO PEACE WITHOUT JUSTICE !!! / I Need Deliverance, I Have No Peace Of Mind When I'm Rich / Paul Enenche 50th Birthday Celebration: More Photos Of Osinbajo, Oyedepo, Anyim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Can Be No Peace Without Justice, Equity — Osinbajo by okefranci: 11:20am On Sep 27, 2021
By Luminous Jannamike

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has said there can be no peace in the country without justice and equity.
Osinbajo stated this, as former President Olusegun Obasanjo promised to continue to fight for humanity till he dies.

This is even as former governor of Imo State, Owelle Rochas Okorocha, charged clerics to tone down their criticism of leaders to avoid derailing them.

The trio spoke as they received the Sapphire Award of Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, in Abuja weekend.

Other recipients include Emeritus Catholic Archbishop of Abuja, Cardinal John Onaiyekan, Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State, Pastor Enock Adeboye, Cardinal Olubunmi Okogie, Chief Arthur Eze, Mummy Esther Ajayi, while kidnapped Dapchi school student, Leah Sharibu was given the Young Christian Achiever’s award.

Osinbajo, who spoke on behalf of other recipents, said: “As we have seen in the past few years, there’s a growing ethnic and religious chauvinism, and almost intemperate, vehement and violent dismissal of the views of people of other persuasions and faith without adequate consideration.

“At the same time, there is also the rise of cultural and identity politics. The answer to hate and intolerance and conflicts is the gospel of Jesus Christ. We must believe enough in it, to live it out as our article of faith.

“The gospel commands consideration of the views of others, treating them we would wish to be treated. Our words must be of grace, seasoned with salt.

“We must remain constant and relentless advocates of freedom of worship, respect for human rights, fairness, justice, rule of law, because they are fundamental to peace and security. We cannot talk of peace and security without fairness and justice, and compliance with the rule of law.”

Speaking at the event, Obasanjo, who was represented by the Secretary to Government of the Federation, SGF, Mr Boss Mustapha, and served as special guest of honour at the awards, said the award was significant in that it would encourage other citizens to serve humanity.

“I will continue to do the best I can to uphold the principles of justice, love, equity, mutual respect, industry and the fear of God which epitomise the church of Christ until there’s no breath left in me.”

In his remarks, former Imo State governor, Senator Rochas Okorocha, who noted the dire financial condition of the umbrella Christian organisation in the country, advised clerics to tone down their criticism of those in authority.

He said: “I just want to caution some Christian pastors concerning the way we use our pulpit and the kind of fire of insults and abuses that come from there. When you abuse those who will give you money, where will you get the money?
The Bible says ‘pray for those in authority’. You need to draw your leaders close. When you draw us closer and tell us what your problems are, it will energise us to help. Money will flow more than you need.”

In his welcome remarks, CAN President, Rev. Samson Ayokunle, said the award was instituted to celebrate men and women who had contributed to the growth of the church in Nigeria and humanity in general since the inception of apex Christian body in 1976.

“The award is a catalyst that is expected to reinforce awardees to serve humanity more and more. It is a a subtle way of telling them that they should be steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in good work. For as much as we know, your labour is not in vain,” he said.

Re: There Can Be No Peace Without Justice, Equity — Osinbajo by okefranci: 11:23am On Sep 27, 2021
I like this statement and that is what a true follower of christ should emulate and base his/her doctrine upon “I will continue to do the best I can to uphold the principles of justice, love, equity, mutual respect, industry and the fear of God which epitomise the church of Christ until there’s no breath left in me.”
Re: There Can Be No Peace Without Justice, Equity — Osinbajo by TheRareGem1(f): 12:06pm On Sep 27, 2021
Nigeria is one, and there is nothing that can shake that.
Re: There Can Be No Peace Without Justice, Equity — Osinbajo by Dtruthspeaker: 12:58pm On Sep 27, 2021
As if he himself has been equitable and just.

However, he is much more better than the zombie holding that office.
Re: There Can Be No Peace Without Justice, Equity — Osinbajo by jesusjnr2020(m): 2:02pm On Sep 27, 2021
True, there can be no true peace in the absence of justice.

Even if the voices of the oppressed and those whose justice have been perverted, are suppressed by their oppressors so that everywhere appears to be calm, it's can never be true but false peace.

True peace can only exist alongside justice, so unless that happens, any appearance of peace and tranquility is a sham not real.

God bless.
Re: There Can Be No Peace Without Justice, Equity — Osinbajo by jesusjnr2020(m): 2:31pm On Sep 27, 2021
okefranci:

In his remarks, former Imo State governor, Senator Rochas Okorocha, who noted the dire financial condition of the umbrella Christian organisation in the country, advised clerics to tone down their criticism of those in authority.

He said: “I just want to caution some Christian pastors concerning the way we use our pulpit and the kind of fire of insults and abuses that come from there. When you abuse those who will give you money, where will you get the money?
The Bible says ‘pray for those in authority’. You need to draw your leaders close. When you draw us closer and tell us what your problems are, it will energise us to help. Money will flow more than you need.”
The bolded saying of Okorocha is thrash talk.

When did the church become a place where the flow of money determines her utterances? He obviously is oblivious of the fact that the church cannot serve mammon and God at the same time, so if mammon begins to determine what she does, that would mean that she's now a servant of mammon and not God.

Also "Pray" for those in authority doesn't mean "draw close" to those in authority, and try to please them so money would flow from them, but so that those in authority would govern or lead the people righteously and in the way of God, so your idea is not inspired of God but of the flesh at best.

By the way, I don't really see what CAN would be giving such awards anyway, except it is confirming the belief that it's just a worldly and political setup, not of the kingdom of God.

God bless.
Re: There Can Be No Peace Without Justice, Equity — Osinbajo by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:30pm On Sep 27, 2021
Just pay all civil servants the same salary, forget about LEVELS and treat everybody equally from Buhari to the lawma staff that is sweeping the streets, after all they are all serving our father land according to the National Anthem. Then see if we will need iron gates or security post anymore! smiley
Re: There Can Be No Peace Without Justice, Equity — Osinbajo by Dtruthspeaker: 5:08pm On Sep 27, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Just pay all civil servants the same salary, forget about LEVELS and treat everybody equally from Buhari to the lawma staff that is sweeping the streets, after all they are all serving our father land according to the National Anthem. Then see if we will need iron gates or security post anymore! smiley

Justice will tell you that the work lawma did is not the same as the one as that transporter carrying you from Lagos to Kaduna. Therefore they can not have the same wages.

But I understand the good point you were making.
Re: There Can Be No Peace Without Justice, Equity — Osinbajo by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:43pm On Sep 27, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Justice will tell you that the work lawma did is not the same as the one as that transporter carrying you from Lagos to Kaduna. Therefore they can not have the same wages.

But I understand the good point you were making.

That's what we call EQUITY!
Some people's brains are stronger than others while some are stronger in strength but since we're all working towards the same goal there's no need paying people according to greatness otherwise we're coming back to the same point!
Once a man is 20 years he can further his education (if his brains can perform better in office work) but that shouldn't be the criteria to become Lords over those whose brains can't do more than menial jobs.
When a person is in the office under cool AC watching TV and typing the computer, is that not enough gain for his IQ? But when we now pay him #2,000,000 Naira and the other man directing the traffic #60,000 while he stays under the hot sun! undecided
How do we expect the coming generation of dullards whose brains can't contain much to accept their fate just like that?
Of course there will be troubles because the girls the poor young man supposed to marry will become a prostitute as in intimacy gadget for the rich guy while he marries his own like a queen.
So the poor man will not always accept such conditions that's why crime is everywhere today!

Just pay everyone the same wage and see if the system will not change within just two months. For your information that's the system Jesus told us we will practice in Paradise. Everyone will earn the same wage so far you're a citizen of God's Kingdom you're entitled to all the good things in PARADISE! Matthew 20:1-16 smiley
Re: There Can Be No Peace Without Justice, Equity — Osinbajo by Dtruthspeaker: 6:07pm On Sep 27, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

That's what we call EQUITY!

grin I'm the Lawyer here! Equity is "Just is"

Equity is the Right and Good Application (Execution) of Just is!

MaxInDHouse:

Some people's brains are stronger than others while some are stronger in strength but since we're all working towards the same goal there's no need paying people according to greatness otherwise we're coming back to the same point!
Once a man is 20 years he can further his education (if his brains can perform better in office work) but that shouldn't be the criteria to become Lords over those whose brains can't do more than menial jobs.
When a person is in the office under cool AC watching TV and typing the computer, is that not enough gain for his IQ? But when we now pay him #2,000,000 Naira and the other man directing the traffic #60,000 while he stays under the hot sun! undecided
How do we expect the coming generation of dullards whose brains can't contain much to accept their fate just like that?
Of course there will be troubles because the girls the poor young man supposed to marry will become a prostitute as in intimacy gadget for the rich guy while he marries his own like a queen.
So the poor man will not always accept such conditions that's why crime is everywhere today!

Just pay everyone the same wage and see if the system will not change within just two months. For your information that's the system Jesus told us we will practice in Paradise. Everyone will earn the same wage so far you're a citizen of God's Kingdom you're entitled to all the good things in PARADISE! Matthew 20:1-16 smiley

You have dodged and also CHANGED POST. You raised lawma/National Assembly and introduced A Driver of Transport Company AND NOT THE AC OFFICE WORKER OR TRAFFIC WARDEN.

Aside! National Assembly people should not be paid for they are supposed to respectable members of the community who are coming together to take GOOD decisions for our communities and it is a voluntary work, not a paid service.

They are exactly as our Residents Association Leaders and Executives and no one thinks it reasonable that they should be paid for it is already Honourable enough that they were duly chosen to represent their respective communities.

But these theives will not like it and will cause war so that they could be in power as their evil British Armed Invaders have taught them.
Re: There Can Be No Peace Without Justice, Equity — Osinbajo by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:15pm On Sep 27, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin I'm the Lawyer here! Equity is "Just is"
Equity is the Right and Good Application (Execution) of Just is!
You have dodged and also CHANGED POST. You raised lawma/National Assembly and introduced A Driver of Transport Company AND NOT THE AC OFFICE WORKER OR TRAFFIC WARDEN.
Aside! National Assembly people should not be paid for they are supposed to respectable members of the community who are coming together to take GOOD decisions for our communities and it is a voluntary work, not a paid service.
They are exactly as our Residents Association Leaders and Executives and no one thinks it reasonable that they should be paid for it is already Honourable enough that they were duly chosen to represent their respective communities.
But these theives will not like it and will cause war so that they could be in power as their evil British Armed Invaders have taught them.

Well the system doesn't work like that so since they're paying themselves i think it's best all civil servants receive the same wage.
I don't dodge anything because i never intend chatting with you, i only air my own opinion so it's either you like it or not i'm not interested in arguments! smiley
Re: There Can Be No Peace Without Justice, Equity — Osinbajo by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 27, 2021
okefranci:
By Luminous Jannamike

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has said there can be no peace in the country without justice and equity.
Osinbajo stated this, as former President Olusegun Obasanjo promised to continue to fight for humanity till he dies.

This is even as former governor of Imo State, Owelle Rochas Okorocha, charged clerics to tone down their criticism of leaders to avoid derailing them.

The trio spoke as they received the Sapphire Award of Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, in Abuja weekend.

Other recipients include Emeritus Catholic Archbishop of Abuja, Cardinal John Onaiyekan, Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State, Pastor Enock Adeboye, Cardinal Olubunmi Okogie, Chief Arthur Eze, Mummy Esther Ajayi, while kidnapped Dapchi school student, Leah Sharibu was given the Young Christian Achiever’s award.

Osinbajo, who spoke on behalf of other recipents, said: “As we have seen in the past few years, there’s a growing ethnic and religious chauvinism, and almost intemperate, vehement and violent dismissal of the views of people of other persuasions and faith without adequate consideration.

“At the same time, there is also the rise of cultural and identity politics. The answer to hate and intolerance and conflicts is the gospel of Jesus Christ. We must believe enough in it, to live it out as our article of faith.

“The gospel commands consideration of the views of others, treating them we would wish to be treated. Our words must be of grace, seasoned with salt.

“We must remain constant and relentless advocates of freedom of worship, respect for human rights, fairness, justice, rule of law, because they are fundamental to peace and security. We cannot talk of peace and security without fairness and justice, and compliance with the rule of law.”

Speaking at the event, Obasanjo, who was represented by the Secretary to Government of the Federation, SGF, Mr Boss Mustapha, and served as special guest of honour at the awards, said the award was significant in that it would encourage other citizens to serve humanity.

“I will continue to do the best I can to uphold the principles of justice, love, equity, mutual respect, industry and the fear of God which epitomise the church of Christ until there’s no breath left in me.”

In his welcome remarks, CAN President, Rev. Samson Ayokunle, said the award was instituted to celebrate men and women who had contributed to the growth of the church in Nigeria and humanity in general since the inception of apex Christian body in 1976.

“The award is a catalyst that is expected to reinforce awardees to serve humanity more and more. It is a a subtle way of telling them that they should be steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in good work. For as much as we know, your labour is not in vain,” he said.

Disposed

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Pope Francis Is Set To Resign Amid Pressure From Other Cardinals / Nairalanders Watch This: / It Is My Birthday,rejoice With Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.