Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,147 members, 7,887,334 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:57 AM

I'll Run A Communal System Of Government -- Nwankpo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'll Run A Communal System Of Government -- Nwankpo (258 Views)

ADC Governorship Candidate, Akachukwu Nwankpo Voted For APGA (video) / I'll Run An Egalitarian System Of Administration -- Nwankpo / Goodluck Jonathan Appoints Akachukwu Nwankpo As Personal Envoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I'll Run A Communal System Of Government -- Nwankpo by saints4rea(m): 12:33pm On Sep 27, 2021
I'll run a communal system of government -- Nwankpo

African Democratic Congress candidate for the Anambra gubernatorial elections, Sullivan Nwankpo has reiterated his plans to govern the state if he wins the forthcoming elections this November, 2021.

Nwankpo made this known while fielding questions on the sidelines at a press conference in Awka. He said he is going to place security of lives and properties and provision of basic social infrastructures as among top priority in his manifesto.
" my administration will take cognizant consideration of adequate security and provision of social amenities that is very vital to further improve the well-being of the people. "

He appealed to the good people of Anambra state to come out enmasse to cue behind and support the party so that the dream of Anambra being the best amongst other states will be accomplished. He blamed fellow politicians of scheming the people to achieve their selfish interest, "the problem with Anambra is vote buying and crooks have been buying the state and managing it based on the transactions they did with us, the electorates. That system must be addressed. "

He affirmed that his system of government will employ the egalitarian style. This, he responded, regarding questions to his campaign tour. "One fundamental program the ADC will observe is the inclusion of the Umunnas into the government. My government will create Anambra state monistry of Umunna affairs; a system whereby state affairs is handled by the electorates. Every Umunna will get a seat and a voice in the government. This will spur faster development in all communities and towns, "he stated.

He said the reason behind his choice is based on accountability and transparency.

"Under the system of Umunna kindred as practiced by our fathers. The elections were open and free of irregularities. In such, bribes we're forbidden. When we elect them, we cannot insult them. Our ancestors had the best democracy practicing this and we can improve on it and do better for our generations. "

Nwankpo disclosed that his DG, campaign rally quitted politics for personal reasons. But that he was not discouraged to continue his race for the office at Agu Awka.

Sullivan Nwankpo is a legacy driven political figure who served as SA on Technical Matters to President Jonathan. He has serves in various capacity especially with the Bayelsa government in conflict resolution matters and development of social and basic initiatives and as well as responsible for other Niger Delta issues.

(1) (Reply)

World Teachers' Day: Onofiok Luke Celebrates Teachers' / We the Elites do not want Biafra - Umahi / Babachir, Other Senior Adamawa Stakeholders Zone APC Chairmanship To Southern Z

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.