Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,674 members, 7,878,976 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 10:32 AM

Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? (17943 Views)

I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola / Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business / How To Become Better Public Speaker And How To Overcome Your Speech Anxiety (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by frozen70(f): 11:03pm On Sep 29, 2021
Men believes that you are a man and you should struggle in whatever way, do far it's genuine

But they will rather help women because of love and
affection

Sex may come in, once it goes beyond their levels
Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by princewarri1985: 11:20pm On Sep 29, 2021
The only thing we men does best is pulling each other down
Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by Angeldemon: 11:44pm On Sep 29, 2021
SIMPS never help fellow men.
This is one of the reasons many people re beginnning to adopt redpill teachings.
Helps men to become better Men
Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by bepositive11: 11:46pm On Sep 29, 2021
Blackfire:

He came to my place crying that he need that money to finalise the business he was nearly finishing (real estate) ... I oblige him as my friend ( now I know he is my enemy)

His house locked up with padlock ...his wife shop closed since yesterday..
Since Monday I discovered he couldn't pick calls and when he do... he will say I will call you back... and the background is different from his normal routine

I helped a friend but now he is no where to be found

I wonder how someone can be so wicked and irresponsible
Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by Goldbw122(m): 12:11am On Sep 30, 2021
Many men have help fellow men in time past but they would ignore them and they will not be willing to help others that are beneath them in the future, that is why fellow men sees that and get discourage and decide not to do anything like helping, so they would go on their own way and make themself and their family better so that is how the society works right now.
Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by adambeatz(m): 12:49am On Sep 30, 2021
Lol, gentlemen never trust any man who doesn't have self discipline, i learnt this the hard way.

I work for an arm of the Nigerian military and also worked part time with a market research company in Lagos. The pay from the company was good and the discipline and experience i got from the military was beneficial to my growth as a man. And whilst growing up around military and other paramilitary agencies as a child they had a bond that would be hard for people especially civilians to break ehich i made the mistake of thinking there were other people like that out there. I had a girlfriend whom i also gave a job in the company i worked helped people in my working place and my fellow civilian friends, boy i was living the life of contentment. If police harnessed you and you needed help, one phone call soldiers would troop out from all angle to settle your case,as a matter of fact if i called any of my people and said i had someone i wanted to help they would say "guy how many brothers or sisters you get for this life sef". Regardless they always came through for anyone who needed help from me and if i felt generous i would sponsor the movement just to make sure everyone left happily.
During the covid lockdown and end sars period was when i saw shege from people i helped. You see i got employed in the company with just my waec result but due to the various skillset i had the company hired me. In the military barracks i worked as a theater attendant (someone who assists in operations doctors carries out on patients) so when the end sars started the military barracks was under lockdown and i had to work from home(in the barracks). A day came 3 of my civilian friends called me their area was hot and needed shelter, i begged my people at the barrack to please allow them in so they could be safe from harm. Omoh na there i Bleep up, one among them would later observe my work flow and how i patterned my life only to use against me after the covid work restriction period. After the entire covid and end sars, worked resumed normally and it was discovered goods worth 11.6 million naira got missing from the office. I was kept in the dark as only the top officials resumed first in the company.
On a sunday morning, a senior officer called me to report to his office on monday morning under the guise of i should help him troubleshoot his phone which was giving him issues. Monday morning i reported to his office, he told me to sit down and wait for him, only for a Godmother of mine to walk up to me and tell me civilian police where on their way to the barracks as i had been accused of stealing goods worth 11.6m. Omoh i wan craze for ground, what saved me was the soldiers knew me and didnt believe i could run such package and still be in the barracks, omoh military officer know say i for dn throw party for baracks one night then pack out and travel the next day. She said if i did it, now was the time to run and not look back but if i did i should stay and prove my innocence. Where i wan run go. I sat down till the civilian police came, i was handcuffed and taken out of barracks, slept in cell for 2 weeks, my people had to come fight for me to leave cell because they wanted me to take covid 19 test and if i tested negative i would have been moved to kirkiri without trial to prove my innocence. In my entire 2 weeks of been jailed i no see one of my civilian friends,evrn my oen girlfriend no know me, only my family, soldiers and other people who knew me in other paramilitary agencies stood for me. On my birthday was when i was released found out the company claimed i was the last man to leave the office and thats why they picked me. What evidence did they have to detain me, it was my fellow man (tony)whom i housed during end sars protest ( who was a cultist, an eiye i think but i never minded) gave them hint i should be interrogated, the fucker got a promotion for that too, then my girlfriend was the one whom provided tony with information on my whereabouts as the two of them had chatted a day before i was arrested.
The only thing that made the police release me was when my people asked for the company to provide the cctv footage starting from the day i started working there till the last day i left office, thats what saved me if not i for they lavish for kirikiri ontop wetin i no know.
Omoh i wash my hand from anything helping my fellow guy again, if i observe you and discover you lack disciplined character bro if you like be dying i will walk away cause wetin my eye dn see for this life. I lost my jobs, reputation, everything just because i be helper of the helpless, that kain Bleep up na big lesson for this life, then you see women, to be a knight in shinning armour is like telling jesus to come down and talk to me which wouldn't still work. Guys this stage of reality we are in right now is mad, your fellow guy man will chop you without blinking twice.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by Chuky7(m): 1:35am On Sep 30, 2021
chinchonglee:
My own worst pass everybody own..

I work for/with my brother in a start up company but the profit coming in from the start up is huge that you'd think the company has been existing for years.

This dude can't let me make side income from the company.. he also handed all the finance of the company to a lady he was shagging while i do all of the mental and physical work. I didnt complain tho. He was busy buying venza for the girl and dashing all other girls money, i was jst looking at him.

I managed to raise my own capital and decided to take him by surprise and resign since i knew i was the pillar of the company because baba is lazy. He doesn't even knw much abt the operations as he is only interested in the profit.

One monday morning(resignation day), I jst went to his house at chevron from my place, dropped the news, gave genuine reasons(yes am that sharp with words and dnt mince word). Baba was speechless and confused and didn't knw what to say. I jst left him, went back to my house and slept off. I decided to take a week off, enjoy myself before I start planning on how to set up my own business.

Omo! See calls on my phone that day both from my dad, mom, sister, brothers. I jst didn't pick anybody's call. My mom came to my house to ask what happening.
I showed her my nonsense flat and told her to compare with that of my brother's duplex in chevron plus he was buying venza for a girl and dashing money to other girls. Also he goes to quilox almost every friday to show off while i continue to live in a stupid flat in surulere.

To cut long story short, baba called family meeting and decided to hand the company's finance to me. Any money coming in or going out must pass through me. And that's how i started seeing side income and other benefits. That doesn't mean I won't start my own business soon.

Haha I love stories like this. I'm happy it worked out for you and venza yach no push u commot.

curious though what kind of Startup you and your bro into?
Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by Pedex86(m): 1:48am On Sep 30, 2021
We should try to reset our mind when it comes to assisting each other. I have a notion that what I can do for a lady I can do for my male counterpart and it has helped me.

It’s our mindset.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by richmanrichard: 1:50am On Sep 30, 2021
samsard:
Unless you're speaking of handouts. I don't think any normal man wants regular handouts from his fellow man.
My story has been a story of men helping me, from monetary to opportunities.
If it's handouts sef, I'm more likely to assist my girlfriend/fiance than a casual friend.
But I'd help a really close friend if it doesn't seem like a money pit.
no need to argue but its rare so you are wrong.
Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by Trumann: 2:15am On Sep 30, 2021
Blackfire:

He came to my place crying that he need that money to finalise the business he was nearly finishing (real estate) ... I oblige him as my friend ( now I know he is my enemy)

His house locked up with padlock ...his wife shop closed since yesterday..
Since Monday I discovered he couldn't pick calls and when he do... he will say I will call you back... and the background is different from his normal routine

I helped a friend but now he is no where to be found

Write a petition to Interpol at Alagbon. Make sure you state that it was him who collected the money and his wife promised to make him repay. They will put them on Interpol watch list and will be deported back to Naija ASAP.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by Blackfire(m): 2:22am On Sep 30, 2021
Trumann:

Write a petition to Interpol at Alagbon. Make sure you state that it was him who collected the money and his wife promised to make him repay. They will put them on Interpol watch list and will be deported back to Naija ASAP.

He was a friend...I dont know if I can go that far ...like I said he was a friend ( he should have told me, I would have given him more)

I am thinking of waiving that money off for the sanity of my mind

How do you look the goat you rear from a kid, that familiarise with you...on the day it is been killed

Like I said he was a friend ( I don't know what came over him)

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by cardoctor(m): 2:41am On Sep 30, 2021
I dey try my share.
Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by Frenzy01(m): 6:53am On Sep 30, 2021
Men would never lend an helping hand to a fellow man but would be quick in putting their lives on the line for this vagina people

Contact me for your swift buying and selling of any Dog breed. Pet care Pet care and boarding services also available
Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by chinchonglee(m): 7:11am On Sep 30, 2021
Chuky7:

Haha I love stories like this. I'm happy it worked out for you and venza yach no push u commot.

curious though what kind of Startup you and your bro into?
Different businesses bro
But the our main business is logistics..
Not the okada type of logistics. Mini containers.
Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by samsard(m): 7:44am On Sep 30, 2021
richmanrichard:
no need to argue but its rare so you are wrong.
Talk about your circle sha. It's been men assisting me all these years, and some ladies do come through.
Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by BMathew: 8:57am On Sep 30, 2021
efficiencie:

It is important to stop say "men do this...men do that...", it is more accurate to say: " men do this...or some men do that". Two, you are not the judge of how anyone will spend his money or decides to offer help. Men, like women, all have perspectives and it governs how they make decisions and there are some who are not even aware or take cognizance of the ratio of men they have helped to the women they have helped...

Have tried to make it clear that I'm not judging how individual spend their money..... Just thinking why it is so rare to build Partnership in achieving purpose with our fellow brother.
Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by SenecaTheYonger: 9:10am On Sep 30, 2021
Na wa oo grin grin and I thought you were just a romancelander flirt.

Well keep up the good work

pansophist:
Can you call it help when the real intention behind the "help" is to knack the woman? Are old, unattractive and very fat women being helped too? Because I think for something to qualify as help, there must not be an expectation behind it. So no, i think men help other men genuinely, but "help" women in a hope to smash the honey pot.

In this context, yes, a lot of men are idiot. And I personally detest such men. Personally I'm very greedy to women. If you think say tortoise greedy, you haven't met me, I can dash a girl one million if she genuinely needs it, but to give you because I want to knack you? Of course no. That's prostitution and I don't do prostitute.. I give cheerfully, but my benevolence is not pussi motivated. If I want want smash a girl, I derive satisfaction knowing that she was attracted to me not because of money, but something more.

But still, millions of men troop to cities all around Nigeria every year, courtesy of other men. Men do help men, but just as growth is not loud, men helping other men is silenced. I don't want to mention name, but I've help lots of men with cash on nairaland here, people I don't even know, and some with skills. If you're one of the moniker I've helped and you are comfortable to mention it, please quote it.

Infact the help was so much, I felt like it was same moniker creating different account to milk me. I don turn maga for him. Then I stopped. Now if you beg me, I'll just ignore. I hate being exploited. To make it even easier for career beggars, I wrote on my profile that begging will be ignored. Lots of times, helpers are seen as fools and exploited until you turn cold and change am for even the good ones. Well, I gotta put myself first.

I had an nl account that I deleted, I assisted hundreds of people move abroad as students, I met many in Europe, mostly guys, and some few ladies, and I'm glad for that. I'm saying all these because it seems like people do not know men that are helping, but we just don't talk or blow our trumpet. So no, men do help men, we just no de loud am

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by BMathew: 9:34am On Sep 30, 2021
mamawa123:
I do understand your point. My question to you is how many men have you yourself helped?

I'm not a hypocrite, if I haven't I wouldn't have reached out. I just realized too many of men seems to be helpless with better vission.
Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by Hassanmaye(m): 11:22am On Sep 30, 2021
BMathew:
Men Helping Men to become a Better Men.
Please, People with deeper understanding should kindly review this with me.
A lot have been going through my mind as touching the way men lives their life; (I just said their lives, meaning left with Individual's decision).
I'm laying my emphasis on "Why men are not helping men to become a better men"? Listening to what alot of men out there had done for our other gender compare to their reactions towards thier fellow men then we can bold say the hardship we have now is caused by men(cus focus is wrongly placed).

I am not saying you shouldn't help other gender but let's see this together; If the assistance you've ever render to a lady is being compared to what you've ever done to your male friend (positively), can we rate it?

Note, I'm not trying to belittle any gender nor gender biased.

I'm just thinking out loud, if we can help our fellow brother the way we "mumu" over these ladies trust me by now most of our men would have been a better person achieving purpose.

My female friend posted something on her WhatsApp status yesterday stating that, You see Abuja ladies with iPhone12, designer shoes and bag with the salary of 35,000naira per month, is with the same salary? "what about that"?

"Another guy told me how his boss built a house for a lady he slept with once"

A man can swear Heaven on Earth that he had no dime on him if his fellow brother seek for assistance but they tend to show off, spend without even expecting anything in return for ladies.

Without vain repetition, When will men start Helping Men to become a better men?

What you wrote here is absolute truth, I have seen it my self, especially in Abuja

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by Hassanmaye(m): 11:24am On Sep 30, 2021
Nackdemall:
I Know that you didn't asked me for help cool But I am just trying to Help you out wink
Hahahhahahaha
Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by Hassanmaye(m): 11:26am On Sep 30, 2021
chinchonglee:

I work for/with my brother in a start up company but the profit coming in from the start up is huge that you'd think the company has been existing for years.

This dude can't let me make side income from the company.. he also handed all the finance of the company to a lady he was shagging while i do all of the mental and physical work. I didnt complain tho. He was busy buying venza for the girl and dashing all other girls money, i was jst looking at him.

I managed to raise my own capital and decided to take him by surprise and resign since i knew i was the pillar of the company because baba is lazy. He doesn't even knw much abt the operations as he is only interested in the profit.

One monday morning(resignation day), I jst went to his house at chevron from my place, dropped the news, gave genuine reasons(yes am that sharp with words and dnt mince word). Baba was speechless and confused and didn't knw what to say. I jst left him, went back to my house and slept off. I decided to take a week off, enjoy myself before I start planning on how to set up my own business.

Omo! See calls on my phone that day both from my dad, mom, sister, brothers. I jst didn't pick anybody's call. My mom came to my house to ask what happening.
I showed her my nonsense flat and told her to compare with that of my brother's duplex in chevron plus he was buying venza for a girl and dashing money to other girls. Also he goes to quilox almost every friday to show off while i continue to live in a stupid flat in surulere.

To cut long story short, baba called family meeting and decided to hand the company's finance to me. Any money coming in or going out must pass through me. And that's how i started seeing side income and other benefits. That doesn't mean I won't start my own business soon.
Wow real nigga
Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by Fidelismaria: 2:12pm On Sep 30, 2021
chinchonglee:

It's not by finding employment.
What did u study?
We have so many ineffective and inefficient staffs(mostly women) who knows nothing abt the job. They got there by connection they have with my brother

Studied plant science and biotechnology from university of Nigeria Nsukka.
Currently self learning web development.
Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by shegz24(m): 2:45pm On Sep 30, 2021
You are actually spot on.

Men are more likely to help the female gender than their fellow male even if they are not getting any sexual benefit from it.

I mean even the uncles are more likely to send money to their neices than nephews right from University days.

Talk more in the labour market.

There are many jobs you see something like "female only"
No wonder most banks prefer employing females.
Men are more likely to pay for women's transport or help them than their fellow men.

The irony is that a guy values the help from another guy more because it doesnt come often.
Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 30, 2021
BMathew:
Men Helping Men to become a Better Men.
Please, People with deeper understanding should kindly review this with me.
A lot have been going through my mind as touching the way men lives their life; (I just said their lives, meaning left with Individual's decision).
I'm laying my emphasis on "Why men are not helping men to become a better men"? Listening to what alot of men out there had done for our other gender compare to their reactions towards thier fellow men then we can bold say the hardship we have now is caused by men(cus focus is wrongly placed).

I am not saying you shouldn't help other gender but let's see this together; If the assistance you've ever render to a lady is being compared to what you've ever done to your male friend (positively), can we rate it?

Note, I'm not trying to belittle any gender nor gender biased.

I'm just thinking out loud, if we can help our fellow brother the way we "mumu" over these ladies trust me by now most of our men would have been a better person achieving purpose.

My female friend posted something on her WhatsApp status yesterday stating that, You see Abuja ladies with iPhone12, designer shoes and bag with the salary of 35,000naira per month, is with the same salary? "what about that"?

"Another guy told me how his boss built a house for a lady he slept with once"

A man can swear Heaven on Earth that he had no dime on him if his fellow brother seek for assistance but they tend to show off, spend without even expecting anything in return for ladies.

Without vain repetition, When will men start Helping Men to become a better men?

What will you get by helping your fellow man ?

The help I rendered to fellow men ended up with them owing me over N1.5m till today. Subsequently any help in kind I offer a man ends in me being duped, some will purchase goods and refuse to pay. One idiot was giving me N2,000 each time I asked him for my money.

I can't remember any girl owing me more than N20,000 because i don't actually give women money.

An average man can point to sex as one gratification he could get in exchange for helping a lady. What would he get helping a fellow man ?

Nonsense analysis by you.
Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by MisterKennedy(m): 8:51pm On Sep 30, 2021
chinchonglee:

Good evening Sir... Please can I be your friend Sir

Here's my WhatsApp number Sir 08100553547
Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by Emmynator(m): 7:54pm On Oct 01, 2021
A popular saying goes "wetin man do man?"
Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by hefeeluv: 7:54am On Oct 02, 2021
chinchonglee:

morning, pls I'm a young graduate with computer engineering degree and very flexible to different discipline. Please Incase there's job vacancy at your organization I am available
Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by Jaydot01: 5:26pm On Oct 06, 2021
Justinlean02:
Big fat lie, I'm sure you've not met the right Cliq. Besides how many of y'all have visited my signature or even tried to look into Africa's utility token TAT-COIN or ABitNetwork
How can I register
Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by zakkyzakes: 11:12pm On Oct 28, 2021
qtguru:

I disagree , the person I bought a laptop for, is now studying video recording and doing something for himself , it's easy to know a serious person when one is serious himself.
I'm the one peeps he ain't lying and hell yeah I've been getting paid doing jobs graphics design, affiliate marketing, still learning the video editing tho the laptop gave me a boost oh damnnn,so if you've got the capacity to help someone pls do

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Signs Your Boss Is Taking Advantage Of You / She Earns Six-figure Income Shaking And Gyrating Bum(photos And Video) / Careers In Agriculture Nigerian Youths Can Explore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.