Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,958 members, 7,949,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 02:30 AM

Northern Governors Forum, There Is Nothing Like Interstate Trade - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Governors Forum, There Is Nothing Like Interstate Trade (571 Views)

LG Autonomy: Supreme Court Has Relieved Us Of A Burden – Governors Forum / Simon Lalong Is New Governors Forum Chairman / Why El-rufai Is Angry With Tinubu: Nigerian Governors' Forum Chairmanship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Governors Forum, There Is Nothing Like Interstate Trade by masseratti: 7:54pm On Sep 28, 2021
I read the communique from the Northern Governors forum, saying there will be chaos if states are allowed to collect VAT, a position supported by Southern Governors forum.
The hilarious part is inter state trade, please i will like to know what kind of trade is between kano and Anambra? Or Kogi and Osun officially, none, there is nothing like inter state trade, there will not be multiple taxation if all is streamline and done properly, VAT belongs to the state, its clearly written in the constitution, North can not blackmail the South in this, those governors should put on their thinking caps, boost your stare economy and add value to your produce, you will get more VAT.

1 Like

Re: Northern Governors Forum, There Is Nothing Like Interstate Trade by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 29, 2021
masseratti:
I read the communique from the Northern Governors forum, saying there will be chaos if states are allowed to collect VAT, a position supported by Southern Governors forum.
The hilarious part is inter state trade, please i will like to know what kind of trade is between kano and Anambra? Or Kogi and Osun officially, none, there is nothing like inter state trade, there will not be multiple taxation if all is streamline and done properly, VAT belongs to the state, its clearly written in the constitution, North can not blackmail the South in this, those governors should put on their thinking caps, boost your stare economy and add value to your produce, you will get more VAT.
If Lagos tax the goods imported through port on its way to Kano and then later tax at Kano what is it?
If Northern food items are tax heavily and then the trucks drivers later get tax at south again what is it?
Animals taken to south if tax at North and then later tax about 10k at Southern abattoir, what is it?
Products tax at industries and later get tax at their destinations states what can u call it?
Face reality and expect an inflicting hardship from multiple taxation soonest!
Re: Northern Governors Forum, There Is Nothing Like Interstate Trade by masseratti: 8:55am On Sep 29, 2021
Coronabirus:

If Lagos tax the goods imported through port on its way to Kano and then later tax at Kano what is it?
If Northern food items are tax heavily and then the trucks drivers later get tax at south again what is it?
Animals taken to south if tax at North and then later tax about 10k at Southern abattoir, what is it?
Products tax at industries and later get tax at their destinations states what can u call it?
apparently you don't know the meaning of VAT, how can you tax a good and services on transit, its called value added tax, its a sales tax not transit tax, so no way Lagos will tax a good or service on its way to kano and vice versa, there are already other forms of revenue for that, for goods on transit, not VAT. There is nothing like interstate trading in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Governors Forum, There Is Nothing Like Interstate Trade by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 29, 2021
masseratti:
apparently you don't know the meaning of VAT, how can you tax a good and services on transit, its called value added tax, its a sales tax not transit tax, so no way Lagos will tax a good or service on its way to kano and vice versa, there are already so other forms of revenue for that, for goods on transit, not VAT. There is nothing like interstate trading in Nigeria.
How can u make this ignorant assertion when u don't know any fact on ground?
Everything I said is happening I bear witness.
Re: Northern Governors Forum, There Is Nothing Like Interstate Trade by masseratti: 4:20pm On Sep 29, 2021
Coronabirus:
How can u make this ignorant assertion when u don't know any fact on ground?
Everything I said is happening I bear witness.
tell me what Kaduna state is selling to lagos state or you don't know the meaning of "inter state trade"?
This is a country where goes are moved up and down, don't confuse transit, toll tax with "value added tax" its deferent, Google is your friend, use it and learn bro.
Re: Northern Governors Forum, There Is Nothing Like Interstate Trade by seanfer(m): 4:28pm On Sep 29, 2021
Coronabirus:

Nobody tax goods on transit... VAT is paid when goods or services are rendered.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How Nnamdi Kanu Reportedly  Killed Akunyili’s Husband, Gulak, 184 Others – FG / Six Things That Buhari Will Do In The Coming Weeks / Anambra: Ihiala LGA election holds Nov 9 as INEC declares election inconclusive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.